What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Version 0.745 is available! Grab it

New Screenshots:

There are way too many changes to list, but in summary:
1: New whoring system (with STDs and sex traits) and sex animation (see Screenshot 1).
(Currently this is the only position and characters available, but with your Patreon support I can include many more!)
2: Updated menus.
3: New quests.
4: 4 New dungeons (3 levels each) to explore!
5: Option to skip long events & dialogue (namely the nightly events in The Tower).
6: New alchemy system for tonics and antidotes (unlock more potions by increasing your alchemy skill).
7: New equipment, clothing system, and large shop overhaul.

Please feel free to report any bugs that you find. The following is known:
1: Various passage inconsistencies (currently in the process of updating them all, such that you can easily walk into a passage to go to the next map, without having to press the action key).
2: Some issues in The Tower resulting from Forlorn Halls addition. Namely the day count and Dillon's sprite not showing up outside your door on that first day. Just little things.
3: Encounters and monster sex issues. Sometimes you'll choose to fight but Sienna will instead decide to do the nasty. This is due to a large number of old sex event incompatibilities with new common events. This will all be dealt with in time. In the meantime, sorry about the completely random wonkiness of it all! I believe this happens when Sienna has some temptation levels, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
FSA version 0.745 (complete, no previous downloads required):
1: Fixed the entrances/exits in Internal.
2: Added portraits for Bebe's initial dialogue.

Kruggov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wow, it's been 2 years since I last played this. So I decided to start from the beginning. And I'm starting to hate the Tower for being basically a waste of 3 hours not really doing anything. Then I finally got Kendra and started clearing out the dungeons. And it's a doozy.

The cavern is short and sweet as long as you don't try the bosses as those are hilarously random in terms of whether you get "lucky, live another turn" or "unlucky, get blown up, reset, try again". The farthest i got against Dark Drake is about 900 damage with sleep from Kendra + attack from Sienna to keep the boss locked, and even then there was always a chance of Sleep missing and boss responding with Damage Lives which just instantly turns both Sienna and Kendra into bloody smears on the ground. Boss intended to be fought with Dillon? Cold Drake is even worse, since no physical weakness - although at least I didn't see him use multitarget attacks aaargh Blizzard.

Silent Cage is surprisingly fun, although running out of lantern fuel in the middle of a puzzle is scary. The boss is another wall of HP that also gets Drain Vigor (though nothing like Dark Drake's BS Damage Lives). Mystical weakness is the sole consolation, though Kendra is surprisingly useless here, since Physical resistance + Acid immunity + Water absorb covers anything she can do.

The cellar is the opposite of cavern - enemies are brutal, but bosses mostly require quick reactions, and not stats. Dragonfly is easy thanks to it telegraphing its attcks and the stalagmite having Acid weakness. One question though: how am I supposed to use Amulet of Progression? Does it go on one of the children?

Also Kendra's MP is a trap, since you can't get it back by having a nap. Sure caught me.

Other than that i can't wait for when I finally get to the meat of the game. Uh, that came out wrong lol.

EDIT: One bug I forgot to mention - the dirt pile outside of the cellar disappears before it should (i think when there's one third of the pile remaning). When it does, you can enter the cellar, but you can't interact with the sign on the wall outside of it, and you can keep digging. Eventually (after digging) the pile will "officially" disappear, along with the shovel.

EDIT 2: A bug happened after the fight against the eyeball boss. Specifically, after I beat the boss and viewed the scene the day ended and Sienna was transported back to the tower (Well, to Forlorn Halls first). Then, when I reentered the forbidden cave to get the scene with Kendra giving me the tower key, her sprite didn't appear and I didn't get the it. Turns out the scene happened correctly, it's just that it happened next to the boss' room while Sienna was at the entrance. Also whenever I checked the door where Sienna's children were supposed to be kept, Dillon's portair appeared saying "we should find a way first" - even AFTER Dillon was transformed.

Also, why is the Anti-Magic Collar equipped in the Hairpin slot?

Last edited:

Frim

Reputation score
Hi Paladox!
I got stuck trying to leave the tower:
trying to leave.png
I getting a message from already dead guard when I'm trying to save the girls:
trying to save girls.png
Well, I used some cheats, to increase my stats and items, maybe that broke some events. Would you please tell me what event flag may fix this? Save example in attach Save3.txt -> Save3.rvdata.
Don't mind me if you can't help and sorry for my english.

Attachments

Kruggov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi Paladox!
I got stuck trying to leave the tower:
View attachment 17999
I getting a message from already dead guard when I'm trying to save the girls:
View attachment 18000
Well, I used some cheats, to increase my stats and items, maybe that broke some events. Would you please tell me what event flag may fix this? Save example in attach Save3.txt -> Save3.rvdata.
Don't mind me if you can't help and sorry for my english.
Ditto, except without any cheating. It seems the Tower is unwinnable right now?
EDIT: The dillon thing doesn't happen in version 0.74 (not 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Oh. Wow. I need to make sure I'm subscribed to the thread. Sorry about the long delay in replaying. I got no notifications. >.<

And I'm starting to hate the Tower for being basically a waste of 3 hours not really doing anything.
The skip option should help with that. You can also sleep through the days if you don't want to bother with any of the chores.
I know The Tower can be rather tedious, so I may include an option to skip it entirely at some point in the future.

The cavern is short and sweet as long as you don't try the bosses -
That's intentional. Those bosses are a lot easier later on when you have a full party and better equipment.
I like to have areas open from the beginning that players have to build up a bit, before they can fully tackle them.

Silent Cage is surprisingly fun, although running out of lantern fuel in the middle of a puzzle is scary.
I thought about not requiring the lantern there but it just felt like it took away from the atmosphere.

- how am I supposed to use Amulet of Progression? Does it go on one of the children?
Sorry about the amulet. I thought I had removed all of the old items. I'll make a note of it, and try to have an NPC give you something in exchange for it.

Also Kendra's MP is a trap, since you can't get it back by having a nap. Sure caught me.
She recovers over time while not in the party. I should have thought of her for the naps though. I'll make a note of it.
In the meantime, anyone wanting to recover Kendra's stats can simply go in the Tower (she leaves the party, as she doesn't want to be seen there), wait a bit, and she'll fully recover with a bit of real time.
Doing chores or anything that artificially passes the time won't count.

EDIT: One bug I forgot to mention - the dirt pile outside of the cellar disappears before it should (i think when there's one third of the pile remaning). When it does, you can enter the cellar, but you can't interact with the sign on the wall outside of it, and you can keep digging. Eventually (after digging) the pile will "officially" disappear, along with the shovel.
I guess I glitched it by messing with the numbers. I was trying to make the number of times to dig a bit shorter. I'll make a note of it. Thanks for finding that!

EDIT 2: A bug happened after the fight against the eyeball boss. Specifically, after I beat the boss and viewed the scene the day ended and Sienna was transported back to the tower (Well, to Forlorn Halls first). Then, when I reentered the forbidden cave to get the scene with Kendra giving me the tower key, her sprite didn't appear and I didn't get the it. Turns out the scene happened correctly, it's just that it happened next to the boss' room while Sienna was at the entrance. Also whenever I checked the door where Sienna's children were supposed to be kept, Dillon's portair appeared saying "we should find a way first" - even AFTER Dillon was transformed.
Hmm- I think I already had issues with Kendra's event and tried to put in fail safes, but I guess I missed something. I'll make a note to prevent time passing after that event so Kendra's event can't be prevented.
I'll make a note to check on that door too.

Also, why is the Anti-Magic Collar equipped in the Hairpin slot?
Forgot all about it when I did the big equipment rebalance. It really should probably be in the amulet/body slot since Sienna is supposed to be naked in The Tower anyway.

Edit: If Dillon is preventing you from going upstairs after he's gone, and you are using a cheat program, then turn switch #41 on and he shouldn't bother you anymore.
Edit 2: I'm not sure why he's causing issues but his dialogue isn't necessary anyway, so I'm removing it from future versions. The only preventive now will be the antimagic collar.

Last edited:

Kruggov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oh. Wow. I need to make sure I'm subscribed to the thread. Sorry about the long delay in replaying. I got no notifications. >.<

The skip option should help with that. You can also sleep through the days if you don't want to bother with any of the chores.
I know The Tower can be rather tedious, so I may include an option to skip it entirely at some point in the future.
Well, skip helps, but I wanted to see everything, so... yay me?

That's intentional. Those bosses are a lot easier later on when you have a full party and better equipment.
I like to have areas open from the beginning that players have to build up a bit, before they can fully tackle them.
Maybe make Kendra or Dillon note something like "The things in there are likely beyond just us two" as a warning no to waste time on the bosses?

I thought about not requiring the lantern there but it just felt like it took away from the atmosphere.
Oh god is the atmosphere present.

Sorry about the amulet. I thought I had removed all of the old items. I'll make a note of it, and try to have an NPC give you something in exchange for it.
That would be nice, because so far it's just a taunting piece of junk :|

She recovers over time while not in the party. I should have thought of her for the naps though. I'll make a note of it.
In the meantime, anyone wanting to recover Kendra's stats can simply go in the Tower (she leaves the party, as she doesn't want to be seen there), wait a bit, and she'll fully recover with a bit of real time.
Doing chores or anything that artificially passes the time won't count.
That I do know. Though I don't know how fast she regenerates. Still thanks for the tip.

I guess I glitched it by messing with the numbers. I was trying to make the number of times to dig a bit shorter. I'll make a note of it. Thanks for finding that!
No prob. That's what this thread is here for :)

Hmm- I think I already had issues with Kendra's event and tried to put in fail safes, but I guess I missed something. I'll make a note to prevent time passing after that event so Kendra's event can't be prevented.
I'll make a note to check on that door too.
The door problem must be something you added recently, as 0.74 did not have a problem with it.

Forgot all about it when I did the big equipment rebalance. It really should probably be in the amulet/body slot since Sienna is supposed to be naked in The Tower anyway.

Edit: If Dillon is preventing you from going upstairs after he's gone, and you are using a cheat program, then turn switch #41 on and he shouldn't bother you anymore.
Edit 2: I'm not sure why he's causing issues but his dialogue isn't necessary anyway, so I'm removing it from future versions. The only preventive now will be the antimagic collar.
Doesn't help me much, but at least I downgraded the game to 0.74 and got through that way.

Also, the actual Abyss is MUCH more fun than the tower is. No more endless time wasting, instead I feel like I'm actually acomplishing things.

The day 3 kidnapping event returns. Thankfully, this time I was prepared, and kicked the enemies' ass after only one try (died to a critical reckless stance hit of all things. And it was the first time I was ever critted too, to boot!)

The bosses are fun, though the pyromaniac on Dungeon floor 1 annoyed me since he onshots you :(

And now that the dungeon is done, I'm at a bit of a crossroads - I can go back to the Tower, go into the mines (or whatever it is that is blocked by rocks), go into the crypt, go onward into whatever area is past the dungeon. Freedom of choice I guess.

Emerald palace is also done, though I lost quite a bit of tranquility thanks to being constantly forced to use Safety. Also, it took me about an hour to realise that the pillars that block the rooms can be smashed with the pickaxe. Facepalm of the ages?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well, skip helps, but I wanted to see everything, so... yay me?
I think a storyboard option would help a lot, with different benefits/bonuses depending on which option players go with.
This is likely something I wouldn't do though until I've finished making the rest of the game.
I'd love to commission Bebecake at that time to make some nice pieces of artwork for player who don't want to grind through The Tower. Kinda like a short visual novel, but with boss fights.

Maybe make Kendra or Dillon note something like "The things in there are likely beyond just us two" as a warning no to waste time on the bosses?
That's a good idea. I'll make a note of it.

The door problem must be something you added recently, as 0.74 did not have a problem with it.
Yeah I tried to add some flavor text for Dillon throughout The Tower at certain spots, but apparently broke some things in the process. >.>
I may add that back in at the door if I can figure out how to properly do so without breaking the game. xP

The bosses are fun, though the pyromaniac on Dungeon floor 1 annoyed me since he onshots you :(
The wizards are all like that, and I decided to leave them that way. I "might" change this at some point, but players rarely complain about them.
The first crypts boss on the other hand... :whistle:

And now that the dungeon is done, I'm at a bit of a crossroads - I can go back to the Tower, go into the mines (or whatever it is that is blocked by rocks), go into the crypt, go onward into whatever area is past the dungeon. Freedom of choice I guess.
Make sure you do Kendra's quests (one way or the other), as her 2nd one will point you in a good general direction. Going back to The Tower is a really good idea though, as you'll be able to pick up more shards in the caverns.
Before you consider the Dungeon to be finished, it might be a good idea to make sure you've done three things there:
1: Get the obsidian pebbles.
2: Kill all the lurkers (there's a book in the classroom that will give you a reward for doing so).
3: Complete the music box.

If you get stuck in the other sections:
You'll have to kill the mage in the vinery before you can progress all the way through the crypts.

Kruggov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello again.
The Crypts floor 1 boss is a menace. Thankfully once I got the hang of the fight he became a pushover... as long as he didn't hit on the initial charge. I swear, he shredded poor Sienna down to about -1125 health before she finally died. And no, that's not an extra 1.
After the boss there was something weird. See attached screenshot. Specifically, there is a strange horn-like object stuck in the wall that Sienna is facing, and it's uninteractable.
Also, why is it that I cannot boot Kendra from the party anymore? Notably, her slot in the "party swap" is darkened, while Sienna's is marked with a "lock". The "unremovability" started after I went and came back from the Tower.
EDIT: One question that bugs me: what do Perfume Bottles do? I keep finding them, but they dont' get added to the inventory, and don't seem to do much of anything.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hello again. The Crypts floor 1 boss is a menace. Thankfully once I got the hang of the fight he became a pushover... as long as he didn't hit on the initial charge. I swear, he shredded poor Sienna down to about -1125 health before she finally died. And no, that's not an extra 1.
I changed it from insta-death. I'm wondering if that helped much, but hopefully the difference will allow players to see his pattern better now. In the future I may base his life on a difficult level system, with the current amount being for the highest difficulty (along with the old insta-death).

After the boss there was something weird. See attached screenshot. Specifically, there is a strange horn-like object stuck in the wall that Sienna is facing, and it's uninteractable.
I changed some of the debris items' appearances, and I guess I forgot that one of his bits when he dies is that. I'll make a note to change or remove it.
If you're wondering what the image is, I believe it's supposed to be a cornucopia. Typically when you see it, it would be an item you pick up for some organic material.

Also, why is it that I cannot boot Kendra from the party anymore? Notably, her slot in the "party swap" is darkened, while Sienna's is marked with a "lock". The "unremovability" started after I went and came back from the Tower.
Sorry about that. I'll make a note to look into it. She's probably using some old add/remove party member events from The Tower's previous chapter and it's messing things up.

EDIT: One question that bugs me: what do Perfume Bottles do? I keep finding them, but they dont' get added to the inventory, and don't seem to do much of anything.
Oops, almost overlooked this question. I plan on giving rewards every time you find 10 of them. Currently they increase Sienna's maximum tranquility by 1 point whenever you find one. I haven't really decided what the rewards would be yet, but with the new equipment system I will probably have a much easier time deciding what those rewards might be. On the other hand, I might have a special reward unlock for when you find all 100 of them (there will probably be extras, as I currently "think" there are 72 of them that can be found, but I'm sure I forgot a few of them).

Kruggov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I changed it from insta-death. I'm wondering if that helped much, but hopefully the difference will allow players to see his pattern better now. In the future I may base his life on a difficult level system, with the current amount being for the highest difficulty (along with the old insta-death).
Well, it's now possible to go THROUGH him when he is charging, if you're willing to spend some health. Other than that, I dunno.
I changed some of the debris items' appearances, and I guess I forgot that one of his bits when he dies is that. I'll make a note to change or remove it.
If you're wondering what the image is, I believe it's supposed to be a cornucopia. Typically when you see it, it would be an item you pick up for some organic material.
Oh, ok. Nothing serious then.
Sorry about that. I'll make a note to look into it. She's probably using some old add/remove party member events from The Tower's previous chapter and it's messing things up.
Any way to fix it for now? Like using a save editor for example.
Oops, almost overlooked this question. I plan on giving rewards every time you find 10 of them. Currently they increase Sienna's maximum tranquility by 1 point whenever you find one. I haven't really decided what the rewards would be yet, but with the new equipment system I will probably have a much easier time deciding what those rewards might be. On the other hand, I might have a special reward unlock for when you find all 100 of them (there will probably be extras, as I currently "think" there are 72 of them that can be found, but I'm sure I forgot a few of them).
Thanks for the explanation. Those bottles kinda bugged me.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well, it's now possible to go THROUGH him when he is charging, if you're willing to spend some health. Other than that, I dunno.
Sounds tricky. I'll make a note to check into it sometime. Hopefully I can come up with a solution that will leave players out of harm's way when they get hit that first time.

Also, why is it that I cannot boot Kendra from the party anymore? Notably, her slot in the "party swap" is darkened, while Sienna's is marked with a "lock". The "unremovability" started after I went and came back from the Tower. Any way to fix it for now? Like using a save editor for example.
After checking into The Tower, I simply could not find anything that could lead to this issue. Are you sure she wasn't like this ever since she joined up after you reached The Abyss? As far as I can tell, it looks like I left out a line of necessary script for her to be able to join/leave the party, under the condition that you go to help the guy get his bag back (but this won't happen if you refuse to go with the guy).

Alternatively, you could get rid of her by doing her big 4-part quest.
I've been excessively slow with the next update, so I'll probably try and get a patch out by Christmas and then hopefully get a bigger update out sometime in January.
I'm putting a workaround event outside Sienna's room that will make Kendra available to remove from the party.
If you want to try a save editor, I don't know what would help BUT she is actor #9.
So you could try and use a save editor to remove her from the party? I don't know what capabilities a save editor has, but simply removing her from the current party should work.
If you can make the save editor execute scripts, here is the necessary line to be able to add/remove her: $data_actors[9].unavailable = false

Kruggov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sounds tricky. I'll make a note to check into it sometime. Hopefully I can come up with a solution that will leave players out of harm's way when they get hit that first time.
It's okay. As I said - as long as the initial charge doesn't hit, he is pretty easy. Even the initial charge did so much damage to me because i traid ot go away and got hit repeadedly.

After checking into The Tower, I simply could not find anything that could lead to this issue. Are you sure she wasn't like this ever since she joined up after you reached The Abyss? As far as I can tell, it looks like I left out a line of necessary script for her to be able to join/leave the party, under the condition that you go to help the guy get his bag back (but this won't happen if you refuse to go with the guy).

Alternatively, you could get rid of her by doing her big 4-part quest.
I've been excessively slow with the next update, so I'll probably try and get a patch out by Christmas and then hopefully get a bigger update out sometime in January.
I'm putting a workaround event outside Sienna's room that will make Kendra available to remove from the party.
If you want to try a save editor, I don't know what would help BUT she is actor #9.
So you could try and use a save editor to remove her from the party? I don't know what capabilities a save editor has, but simply removing her from the current party should work.
If you can make the save editor execute scripts, here is the necessary line to be able to add/remove her: $data_actors[9].unavailable = false
Well, the Save Editor route failed - the ones I can easily get (an online one and SGEdit) cannot edit the party, and I dare not mess with the variables, because there are almost a thousand of them and they are not labeled at all. Guess I'll just grin and bear it with her in the party until you will have time to release the update. It helps that Kendra is the most versatile party member outside of Sienna herself.
Speaking of the update - no biggy, just do it on your leisure.

EDIT: Apparently, THE GAME ITSELF cannot remove Kendra, as when I try to fight the Abyssean in the bar (who normally forces a fight with just Sienna removing anyone else from the party), Kendra is still there.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It's okay. As I said - as long as the initial charge doesn't hit, he is pretty easy. Even the initial charge did so much damage to me because i traid ot go away and got hit repeadedly.

Well, the Save Editor route failed - the ones I can easily get (an online one and SGEdit) cannot edit the party, and I dare not mess with the variables, because there are almost a thousand of them and they are not labeled at all. Guess I'll just grin and bear it with her in the party until you will have time to release the update. It helps that Kendra is the most versatile party member outside of Sienna herself.
Speaking of the update - no biggy, just do it on your leisure.

EDIT: Apparently, THE GAME ITSELF cannot remove Kendra, as when I try to fight the Abyssean in the bar (who normally forces a fight with just Sienna removing anyone else from the party), Kendra is still there.
Kendra being available during that fight is intentional as she is the only party member that Sienna is willing to take with her into Kendra's Palace (not to mention, that is Kendra's home). I should probably add some relevant dialogue for her.
Of course that logic kinda goes out the window with another fight, later on, so I might do the same thing with that fight as well. I always found said fight to be really easy with a full party, so it probably won't hurt to do so.

crokadilla

Reputation score
Ok, so is this ever going to be uploaded on a site other than uploadfiles.io? Out of all the downloading sites i have used over the years (I like to mod a lot of my games) this is probably the absolute worst. The default download speed hovers around 15 kilobytes a second no matter how powerful your internet is, and I am not about to pay $5 for one download that should have been able to be downloaded at a reasonable speed in the first place. Then, once I finally wait the 8 hours or so for such a retarded site to finish, it claims that the compressed file folder is "invalid". Now I apparently have to wait another 8 hours to download it again from the exact same place because apparently it wasn't uploaded literally anywhere else? Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Looks like a fun game, but literally incapable of installing in the current format. NEVER a good sign when the process of just trying to get the game working results in steadily increasing frustration.

Last edited:

Demonex

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ok, so is this ever going to be uploaded on a site other than uploadfiles.io? Out of all the downloading sites i have used over the years (I like to mod a lot of my games) this is probably the absolute worst. The default download speed hovers around 15 kilobytes a second no matter how powerful your internet is, and I am not about to pay $5 for one download that should have been able to be downloaded at a reasonable speed in the first place. Then, once I finally wait the 8 hours or so for such a retarded site to finish, it claims that the compressed file folder is "invalid". Now I apparently have to wait another 8 hours to download it again from the exact same place because apparently it wasn't uploaded literally anywhere else? Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Looks like a fun game, but literally incapable of installing in the current format. NEVER a good sign when the process of just trying to get the game working results in steadily increasing frustration.
it's rare that you download it at that speed, in my case from that site I download at least (250 KB / sec) in free mode, about the waiting time it is true that there are sites that put you high periods between downloads but, for something there are VPN when they are too aggressive with that push you through the throat the premium mode

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Some nice people over at F95 have provided some alternate download locations. It's an older version but it's probably for the best, considering the latest version has a bug that prevents you from leaving The Tower. >.>;

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Are all of the animations in pixel art?
Sorry for the late reply. It's been a while since I checked here. Yes all animations are (and will be) in pixel art. Portraits are the only exception.
Due to a lack of pixel artists that can take on such big jobs as the sex animations require, I have switched focus to the character sprites and portraits.
Keeping an eye out for that ideal pixel artist though. :giggle:

Also, I seem to have come out of my slump and am currently doing an overhaul of the intro (mostly done) and Tower. Game needs it badly. >.>;