What's new

Parin IV - Space Station Brilliance

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Parin IV - Space Station Brilliance

She grinned broadly, "That's alright Nadia, what last name were you talking about?" Then she snickered, "Yes, the General said that the preparations were almost finished. I'm assuming that means we're ready to go, but with this place you never really know." she rolled her eyes.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia giggles again. "Ah, another fan of bureaucracy. Unfortunately, it kinda comes with my job." The cloth rustles as she grimaces. "Didn't choose to be an ambassador. Oh well, I'll head back to the hangar then. Care to join me?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nodded back to Mara. "Your welcome, and very well."

After Mara had left, he turned back to Sanya to see if she was following. It suddenly struck him that she might be uneasy about his natural form. "Er, Sanya, does this form I'm in, my natural one bother you? If it does I can change into a form more humanoid."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Nadia giggles again. "Ah, another fan of bureaucracy. Unfortunately, it kinda comes with my job." The cloth rustles as she grimaces. "Didn't choose to be an ambassador. Oh well, I'll head back to the hangar then. Care to join me?"
"I would be delighted." Krysta said enthusiastically, then curiosity struck, "Forgive my ignorance, but Why didn't you choose to do something you wanted?" She was genuinely perplexed.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia sighs. "My father... is a rather high ranking member of the Garikian Imperium. Just how high, I'm not allowed to tell you. He has pushed me into this direction rather forcefully. I always wanted to be a pilot, but NOOOOOO. Too dangerous, can't allow that the daughter of a c-" Nadia shuts up promptly. "As I said, can't tell you about it." The Garik waves her hand towards the exit. "Let's move, shall we?"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta nods and starts threading her way through the people again, "I don't think my parents would be proud of me if they knew what i was doing." she chattered, "I mean, they actually wanted me to be a fighter... I think they wanted me to be a boy too."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia tilts her head for a bit as if thinking. "You're fighting for lifes. That should count for something." The Garik actually parts the people naturally. It seems her Garik heritage as well as her clothing makes them move.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta blinked, "Thank you. i would have become a fighter though, but after the first war i decided i never wanted to see someone die again..." she trailed off, "I almost died myself." She raised a hand to her face and looked at it, "But after seeing what cybernetics could do and how the doctors saved my life, it was a huge turn around for me."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah, cybernetics. Some of our pilots get permanent ocular modules implanted, but I wouldn't like that. I like the dark. I like seeing in it, and that nobody else can see me in return. Maybe that's just my nature." Nadia reaches up and adjusts her own modules as they leave the canteen and head down the corridor.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Kars stands up, his short project finished, he puts the tools away. The resulting object isn't immediately apparent in function, a low, squarish, very solid metal frame of some kind. It is a weapon mount, not too dissimilar to the one connecting his plasma cannon to his ship. He stands on it, bouncing a little to test the mechanism of the clamps. Satisfied he crouches down to lift it, and with a little effort, manages to heave it up and get it into the cargo compartment before closing and locking the hatch.

"With this thing complete, nothing will stand in my way." He says to himself grinning with a menacing glee, laughing at the cheesiness of his own words just seconds afterwards.

Checking his suits forearm computer display he notes the time, and move over to the cockpit of his ship. Looking up and grabbing a pair of bars either side of the cockpit (it's upside down when landed like this remember), he lifts himself up and kicks his legs up into it. Now upside down he shuffles and climbs up into his seat and straps himself in. Ship systems normal, everything loaded and ready to go. Kars flicked on the ships external surveillance views and tuned one display to the prominent TPD news channel. As he watched he let his arms hang free out the opening of his cockpit hatch, just swaying dead in the air.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I did my first eye implant today." she said the pride creeping back into her voice as she followed Nadia, "It was a complete success. My mentor says there's nothing more he can teach me."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

(crud, Sorry about the forever not posting thing S/T. Ya....)

"Ah, no. Your natural form doesn't bother me exactly. It's just... interesting. Very much so," Sanya replied, following behind Draven. She watched the other person leave. "I hope I'm not inconveniencing you."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((No problem, heck I won't be home tomorrow so...))

"Nope, no inconvenience at all. We had just finished running a simulation of the plasma weapons on those fungal creatures."

He leads her inside of the ship, and the first thing that would likely catch her eye would be the generator. Smaller than one might expect, but obviously lit up like one would expect.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh no, don't think that I dislike implants. Congratulations. But I have heard of cases where that was taken a bit too far." Her thoughts go back to the team of mercenaries she met once and she sighs.
The two reach the hangar, and Nadia walks towards a black ship that seems oddly out of place. It looks like one of those really, really old wooden naval ships out of the history books - of course, not made of wood. It's painted in a black that shimmers slightly in the hangar light. Nada runs a hand over it and grins. "This is the Black Wind, my whole pride and home."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Glancing out of the Fang's forward viewports, Umbral notes the Garik's arrival, as well as the person following. 'Looks like this will be getting underway soon. And we've gotten a medic to come along. Might come in handy. Just have to wait and see what happens.'

Until he actually get the signal to launch, Umbral remains in his relaxed, semi-detached mental state, avoiding the stresses that come from worrying about the mission. Tricks he'd learned the hard way to use.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"Simulation...? Hm. Was that... what kind of generator do you use?" Sanya inquired. She still felt a bit too curious for her own good, curious about the ship itself, after all it was the reason she was here in the first place and made a fool of herself, but she was still slightly curious as to how Ingrali are... gaseous? Was that the right word for it? So, even as she was given a tour of the ship, she still paid some attention to the strange 'body' of the one giving the tour.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven either doesn't notice her scrutiny of him, or it simply doesn't bother him. "We use neutrino ion generators as a power supply. As I mentioned before, the weaponry of our ships is plasma based, and apparently as it turns out based on what we know of the fungal creatures, the plasma beams seem to be very effective in shredding them to pieces, at least in the simulations anyway. I can only hope the things don't have a trick or two we haven't seen yet that the simulation wouldn't be able to guess on."

He shows her the massive screen and console on the starboard side of the ship. "That is the simulation computer and controls, where we were sitting not even ten minutes ago. At the front are the hyper-drive, weapons, shielding and other various controls you would expect to find in the cockpit of a ship."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta gapes at the ship in front of her, previous conversation forgotten. "That is the most magnificent thing I have seen in my life. How did... how did you get it to look like that?!" she was grinning now. "That is so awesome."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia giggles. "The paint actually aides the cloaking. It absorbs radar waves. Quite a few Garik ships use it." She pats the ship and looks around. "Well, where is yours? You should get ready."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta shook her head, trying to throw off her bemusement over the ship, "It's down that ways a bit..." she pointed, then she sighed, "I suppose you're right..." She cast one more longing look at the ship, before trudging to her own, still battlescarred Axe class.

After settling herself inside, and warming everything up, she decided a shower and a change of clothes were in order. After refreshing herself she lounged about in the main living space, while waiting on the order to depart.

(((I Know nothing about spaceships! Oh GOD D: )))