What's new

Peiquok Town Hall

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Peiquok Town Hall

Leianna stands by the table, watching the two girls get back together and walk away from her, "Hey what... oh..." She notices that she wasn't really invited and stops, wavering a little, "What... what a bunch of weirdos..." She shakes her head as she turns around, her hand brushing against the bowl, sending it off the table as it clatters onto the ground. She stares at it for awhile, then kicks it as hard as she could and tries finds a wall to lean against, starting to feel a little tired.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Kaci's eyes followed Shiva as she went to the cot. Tiredly she said "Oh there's cots...." She walked over to a cot next to Shiva and laid down in her direction. She said to her, "Good night Shiva..." Then closed her eyes trying to sleep.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiva blushed as Kaci said goodnight to her, still embarrassed by her friendly behavior, "G-goodnight... Kaci..." she whispered in return, feeling herself slowly, and suddenly, drifting off to sleep...

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cat
By the time that Griffen returns, the lights that had flickered once seem to be doing so with random regularity. As much as he had sounded like he was planning on leaving her be, he has brought back a couple of paper plates piled with 'chow', including some of the sliced meat and cheese that had been left out for the people gathered here. "Eat something," he tells Cat as Moxie leans his head way over to snuffle at the food. "You don't often get a free lunch -- or supper -- so take what you can get."
Cat looks up at Griffen in surprise. "Thanks", she mumbles as she accepts the plate and picks out a piece of meat that at least looks to be without spices and puts it on the ground. Within seconds Moxie has jumped down and starts to chew on it. Cat herself makes herself and impromptu sandwich and takes a bite, sitting there and eating in quiet for a while. "Look", she starts before pausing awkwardly. "I've kinda been a bitch to you. . ."

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

The night is beginning to draw on, and those that wish to rest are becoming the majority as the lights flick off for good -- either intentionally, or because the power has gone out for good. While there aren't enough cots and blankets for all, a good many people are able to take up places to sleep either on those that are provided or along the walls, even on lined up chairs...

and while many are sleeping, a few remain awake.

The storm outside only seems to have intensified, and the number of soldiers left within the town hall are minimal. There is a tenseness in the dark that may be due to the noises of fighting that fade in very rarely, or perhaps that's something being caused for the same reason that people are having strange visions... it's really hard to say.

Some time around the stroke of midnight, Melissa, (as well as Cara and Shiva, if they have managed to make it this far) are treated to the horrific sight of something having crept up the side of the windows as a crack of lightning casts great shadows of long, vine-line strands moving across the surface. There are enough of them that the women, in their own glances or harder looks, the tentacles have left red stains along the glass that tint what fractured light manages to pass through on each lightning strike.

Then, for all who are sleeping or awake, there is an inexorable tugging, like a riptide of exhaustion, dragging Cara and Melissa at least into unshakeable sleep.

....and the night passes, and the storm begins to break...

but the horror of the situation is only really beginning.

As the light of morning finally breaks, those who wake are treated to a much emptier hall. Of the one hundred and fifty or so people who have been brought here, there are perhaps thirty or so remaining... and for some, much much less.

Melissa
The police officer will wake to see herself in a slightly darker version of the Town Hall, alone save for one other person -- who very luckily appears to be Rosie, currently dozing with her jacket bundled under her head. The rest of the hall appears unsettlingly familiar, though she can't quite place why she feels this way...

((Melissa may traverse Peiquok's locations the same as everyone else, however she will not be able to see or communicate with anyone else save for Rosie (or others who may find themselves in the same predicament as her in the future!) Locations will have a slightly different description; PM me if you'd like them. Three guesses as to where she's woken up.

Everyone else: the remainder of the populace are PC's and approachable NPC's. The doors to the outside are now unguarded, so feel free to take off and start exploring the town however you'd like! There will be another day change, but probably not for a little while... it kind of hinges on some things happening first. Just remember that if you want to take off, I need to approve your coming and going between threads first!))

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Cara wandered back in Buster's sitting place, more because it gave her a sense of a goal rather than because she thought the man would believe her, necessarily. As the lights began to flicker, she cursed, wondering what the problem was now. The thunderstorm outside was going pretty fiercely... it was probably just that some power box was getting a beating, but it didn't add to the turmoil in her gut over what was happening.

When she did find him, she rested her case against the wall before leaning back against it, herself. "Hey, you know that crazy thing? Apparently just about everybody's getting it," she told him, again without preamble. "Something is royally fucked in the town of Peiquok, and whatever that is, it's getting inside our heads... I... overheard," she wasn't necessarily embarrassed about eavesdropping, though she knew that others might be, "soldiers talking about fighting something down in the park, not far away, and getting ripped apart by monsters. Or something. You wanted to know, that's what I know."
Buster's head cocked up quickly when he heard something touch the wall close to him. He gave a fleeting smile when he saw it was Cara but dug his forehead into his palms. He listened as she explained what she knew while rubbing his hands in circles against his brow. "This place is giving me the creeps, honestly. The lights and sounds are just unnecessary additions to a weird enough situation. Now monsters?... I thought it was just an uneasy feeling about being somewhere new, but yeah, I feel strange here too. I just don't feel like myself, I'm tired and... well, it's just not right."" He took his head out to face her again, and opened his mouth to speak, but hesistated, unsure whether to bring it back up again. He decided it was for the best, considering they were sharing information. "Could you tell more about the howl you heard?"

(aww, sunnavabitch. Didn't see you post. Do I have to change anything?)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Jen wakes to find the small infirmary she slept in devoid of people. Frantic, she looks around before rushing out to look for people, coming into the main hall, she looks around. The first thing that catches her eye other than the same low amount of people is a length of white hair standing out from the rest of the scenery. Seeing that woman and another brown haired one sleeping on cots close together, she views the two to at least be staying together for a reason. Maybe they could protect each other. Needing comfort, Jen moves over to the cot the white haired girl is sleeping on and curls into a ball on her side near the white-haired woman's feet letting her head rest on the woman's calf.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa jolts awake, her first thought being the strange... thing... she had seen outside. She spins around to face the window, gasping for breath. She stares at it, wondering if the creature will reappear, then begins to back away, further into the town hall. "Did anyone else see that?" she asks, her hands waving behind, seeking someone or something to grab onto to steady herself. Not paying attention to where she was walking, she hits a chair and stumbles backwards, landing flat on her back, looking up at the ceiling of the strangely darkened meeting hall. Immediately scrambling up onto her hands and knees, Melissa looks around. Her eyes narrow in confusion, then her body starts to shake as she realizes that she is alone.

No, not alone. Someone was sleeping on a cot, some distance away from her. Melissa recognized the girl quickly. "Rosie!" she called, staggering to her feet and walking over to the girl slowly. "Rosie, wake up," she said, quieter now, afraid that the creature from the night might hear her. Her hand reaches out to Rosie, shaking the girl, as she pleads quietly, "Wake up Rosie, come on. This isn't funny."

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Kaci woke up and yawned while she sat up cross legged on her cot. Looking around sleepily she realized there wasn't as much people here as there used to be. She quickly found herself not tired anymore as she realized this and as she looked at the cot next to her and saw that Shiva wasn't there. Turning around in panic she realized she must have rolled over in her sleep because Shiva was still sleeping... with some baggage on her leg.

She said to the girl, "What... are you doing? Shiva did you have a kid in your sleep or something?" Staring at her she seemed to be harmless. It was probably just some scared girl that woke up and realized there wasn't as much people here. She said to her, "You know what happened in the night...? Did the soldiers leave us behind or something..."

(( Black hair btw XD ))

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Huh? Jen says, her head snapping up to look at Kaci. I... I w-was in one of oth-th-ther rooms l-last night with a b-b-bunch of other p-people and n-now there's n-no one there. I j-just ran in h-here and s-saw you two and thought y-you could prot-t-tect m-me. Jen says, fear causing her to shake and impede her speech. She still clutches the town minutes that Melissa gave her last night to her chest as if it were a ward against whatever was happening.

(Eh, they both start with 'b')

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leianna awakens with a start and looks around, scratching her head slowly as she uncurls from her sleeping position. Her eyes slowly move across the room as she notices the drop in number of people, she stops briefly on the two girls she talked to yesterday, then she quickly moves on, a small hint of anger on her face as she slowly stands up, checking herself over and trying to make sure that nothing had been stolen out of her bag, "Hey... looks like I can go outside now...." She smiles happily and heads to a window, looking around as she wondered where to go...

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cat's head jerks upwards, and she groans. Falling asleep on the chair like that has left her with aching muscles all over. "Fucking good morning to you, too", she greets the pain as she slowly stretches. . . and freezes in that position as she realizes there is almost nobody around. At least Moxie is still there, lying halfway under the chair and snoring quietly. The doors unguarded, and no soldiers in sight right now. . . "I'm getting the fuck out of here!"
Cat jumps up and grabs her backpack. The brass knuckles feel like a comfortable weight in her pocket. Her mind is already filling with ideas. Gonna need some food, gonna need a map of the town. Gathering some medical supplies while I'm at it. She stops as her eyes go back to Moxie. She really shouldn't weigh herself down with him, but. . . With a sigh she kneels down and prods the puppy awake. "C'mon, get up little guy. We're going for a walk.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiva was sound asleep at the time when the strange thing trailed across the window, and slowly awoke to the sounds of Kaci talking to her. In a daze, Shiva leaned up, rubbing her eyes, and gave a yelp when she saw a brown haired girl laying on her leg.

The presence of the girl strangely deciding to rest on her only took presence in her mind for a second, as she looked out to the window, seeing the morning light shine in, as she felt relieved to actually feel normal again, that the disease she had didn't claim her during her sleep. But, this relief was short lived, as many others seemed to have disappeared.

Blushing at Kaci's suggestion that she had a child during her sleep, she listened to the two talk to each other, still trying to wake up herself, before taking note that the military seem to have vanished, and adding in, a little bit of fear in her voice, "What happened...?" she asked aloud, looking around the room, a majority of the people that inhabited it gone, "People keep disappearing... We need to get out of here before the same happens to us..." she says, freeing her leg from Jen, and standing up from the cot, a look of eagerness to leave the town entirely very apparent on her face.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

(:)X Maybe I can segue us between last night and this morning?))

Cara didn't seem any happier with the situation than Buster did! Sliding back down the wall to sit with him, she began picking nervously at threads that still lingered around a hole in her jeans. "It was just..." she paused again as the lights went out, and then on again, "a sort of keening noise, the kind that makes all the hairs stand out on the back of your neck and freezes you to the spot," she eventually managed, though she paused a few times to try to get to the meat of what she'd heard. "I guess... like a mixture between a coyote or a wolf and maybe an owl? Just... it's pretty awful."

She clasped her hands together, watching as people began to make themselves ready for sleep. Frankly, sleep was the last thing on her mind. She felt hyper-alert; even the languidness that had washed over her earlier had been redirected. She wasn't hyper, just unable to even think of dropping off to sleep.

If Buster was willing to talk for a while, she indulged him, as it helped to keep her mind awake. However, when the lights went out for good, she eventually began to speak more quietly, and finally drifted into silence, herself.

It was sometime around midnight when, head lolling forward in near sleep, a great crack of lightning woke her, and just for a split second, she spotted those venous shapes crawling across the windows. She barely suppressed a scream, though her heart felt as though it had rocketed up into her mouth and was trying to escape. With the brief flash of light gone, she had no way to tell that the shapes were still there, and soon after she felt herself being tugged into sleep, for all that she was in a cold sweat already.

The next morning, she woke only slowly... not quite processing where she was or what was wrong with the picture. Furthermore she realized that she was staring at someone's foot ((assuming that Buster didn't pick up and leave! XD)) and, thinking about it, realized that she had managed to rest her head on someone's lap in the middle of the night. Pushing herself up and off of the convenient (for her, at least) pillow, she turned her attention first to Buster, then to the rest of the town hall. Somehow, seeing the vastly reduced numbers of people here, she felt an ashen kind of acceptance that things were going to get a lot worse before they were better. Her heart plummeted meekly back into her chest as the realization came over her.

"Well, shit," she murmured. At least other people were also waking up and beginning to move around.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa
The woman seems easily enough roused as Melissa shakes at her. "Whh -- what, what do you want?" she asks, not fully awake and slapping at Melissa's hands to stop shaking her. Unaware of their situation, her voice might seem a bit too loud.

Leianna
Leianna can see a short distance from the window, though the fog blocks a longer view. Still, she remembers seeing a few stores along Main Street on the drive over to the town hall.

Cat
Though there are still a few people around (and Griffen is still present and snoring, for better or for worse) Cat finds it much easier to pick her way to the edge of the hall this time. Moxie chuffs agreement once he wakes, dancing a little in place in need for that walk.

((Heading out right away, or seeing if you can take anyone with Cat?))

Cara
((Stop usurping my giant posts, Wallpaper! xD I kid, actually.))

((If anyone wants to head outside, make a definite post as such and I'll drop the note of where you exit out to!))

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan stretches and rubs her neck as she sits up on the cot, blinking sleepily, "What a weird dream..." She looks around the hall, confused, "Where did everybody go?" Focusing her attention a little more, she stares around the room doing a quick headcount, noticing that both Melissa and Rosie seem to have vanished, along with most of the soldiers.

She tries not to panic as she stands up, walking over to the biggest group that she sees (Kaci, Shiva and Jen) and asking, nervously, "Um... excuse me. Did any of you see people leaving already? A blonde woman in a leather jacket?" She doesn't quite believe that the military would have pulled out in the middle of the night, but isn't ready to think about any other possibilities right now.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Jen stands when Shiva does and remains close to her. When she hears Morgan, however, she backs away from the new woman slightly before responding. I d-don't kn-know. People w-were just g-gone this m-m-morning. I-if we're g-going to try to l-leave, we could t-t-try heading al-l-long the range r-roads. Whatever h-happening might n-not have g-gotten all the w-way to my c-c-cottage Jen offers, planning to stay with the others even if they wanted to go somewhere else.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiva took a few steps over to a wall, and leaned into it, resting for a moment to think.

"I was thinking about just leaving the town entirely... But the military blockades will likely make that plan very improbable..." Shiva sighed, and looked out of the window, into the foggy abyss outside, "I wonder... If we can't escape whatever horror lies here, snatching people away, one by one, perhaps escape via water would be the better choice? Provided the boats are still there..." she wondered, her face looking a little worried about that possibility.

Looking around at the girls that have collected about her, and shook her head at Jen's suggestion, tone entering in her voice. In contrast to her normal, calm whisper, Shiva sounded like a mature woman, albeit shy, "I don't want to be in Peiquok, nor around it..." she stated, "I'm going to look to the docks, and see if there are still operable boats..." her eyes looked back out of the window, as if desperately wanting to escape out of them, "I don't want to be anywhere near Peiquok, lest I disappear along with the others..."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Jen's eyes widen and she lets out a small 'eep' sound when Shiva mentions staying in town could cause them to disappear. Looking around fearfully, Jen nods at Shiva's suggestion. I-it might be s-s-safer to try for the b-boats. I g-guess.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Buster turned his head downward, squinting his eyes as she explained the feeling the howl gave her. His head would shoot up at the lights flickering and passing noises, but he would quickly settle back, nodding to show he was awake and listening. Although Buster would have liked to converse further, he was inexplicably tired. When Cara was done explaining, he turned up towards her, before looking back to the floor and changing position, almost to confirm that the conversation was on hold, as he could hardly think anymore. He leaned against the wall longways, lowering his shoulders so his head would still almost be upright while his chin tucked to his chest. Not exactly the best position for his lower back, but he was too tired to think about how he'd feel in the morning.

Buster calmly and slowly shook his head awake, rubbing at his eyes with the sides of his index fingers. When his eyes opened finally and fully, they opened wide and his face paled, noting the dissappearance of a great number of the people who used to be there. Buster could only hope that most people were gone because they woke up earlier, noticed the military gone and left themselves, which seemed to be the only option. He turned towards Cara to speak, assuming she decided leaving was the best decision as well. "Umm, I know I said before we were perfectly safe when people with guns were around, but no one's here anymore... so.." Not finishing the sentence, in case whatever he had come up with wouldn't cut off any idea she might have.