What's new

Pheonix's Thread (Pheonix Alugere)

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Pheonix's Thread (Pheonix Alugere)

"Hmm, it sounds like you've been talking to people," Falia noted, taking notes as per usual. "Those will do fine, though if I recall, that cavern has a lot of greenery already. Hmm, I'll limit it to three seedlings to do with what you will -- if they die, you'll have to ask for more in the most conventional method."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Thank you, ma'am. Pheonix says before preparing herself for the teleport.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Though the teleportation itself was relatively painless, Pheonix found herself in Nest's cavern quite naked and with a daemonet who she swear must have grown an inch since she'd last seen him doing his best to rocket over to her, buck naked and with her requested items at her feet. Her mesh suit had been off at the time, after all!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Hey Shale. It's okay, I'm here. Pheonix says, picking the daemonet up. It even looks like you've grown a bit. She says before asking if Shale knew what happened to her suit.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Luckily, Ozen wasn't too far behind. "Look who's back again!" she had said suit folded under her arm. "Lady, you have a way of making very inconvenient exits." The way she said it took the sting out of the words, thankfully.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry, I really wasn't expecting Shale to be quite so mature after only such a short time. Pheonix says, embarrassed that she had left at such a in opportune time.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh, don't apologize. It happens to us all from time to time. Look, I've got your clothes, at least. I wish we were the same size, I might have borrowed this thing for a couple of days. Definitely going to ask for one of my own."

Ozen regarded the daemonet, "Shale? Mature? He was clamoring after you all week, poor guy. Oh, wait." She realized what Pheonix had meant, then chuckled. "Well, he is a daemon. Nest probably had him and his siblings programed to grow up a little quicker, or something. Or, maybe it was a fluke? Sorry, Shale," she apologized to him, just in case she'd hurt his feelings.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Despite being a small eel-like creature, Shale manages a look of puffed up and indignant. He calms, however, as Pheonix strokes him a few times. Maybe I should keep myself away from guys slightly more often so I don't get pregnant and leave every day I get back so I don't leave him behind as often. Oh, and thanks for bringing my suit. Pheonix says, setting Shale on her shoulder as she takes it and starts putting it on.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, there are other ways," Ozen quirked a grin, amused by Shale's show of size. She really did like the little guy. "Falia sometimes grants us protection against pregnancy, if we've been coming in too often... I think she likes a bit of a balance. Once in a while, a dragon or demon actually whips up a protection spell, though I hear they have an especially hard time with those. Falia's detectors like to muss with it, or something?" She shrugged. "You could head up the spiral to see if there's someone who is willing to spare or trade for them!"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, I don't have that much to trade with currently. Speaking of which, aside for some stuff for me and Shale, I got these three seedlings and was wondering who to hand them to to be planted. Pheonix says, the topic bring her back to her current contribution to the cavern.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ozen rolled her eyes ceiling-ward at Pheonix's lack of trade items. However, she wasn't going to lecture the younger woman, and besides, the talk of seedlings distracted her. "Oh, now that's not a bad trade right there," she kneeled before the plants, fingering their little leaves. "Are these apple trees? Oh, Phe', that's a bargain right there!" She grinned up at the other woman, picking up a pair of the dirt-filled buckets, Hunt silently curling around to help support his bond in her endeavor. "Let's take them down to the depot -- I'm not gardener, but I'm sure that you're going to make someone very happy."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I figured someone would like them at least. Pheonix says, lifting up the last seedling as well as the other two bundles. Alright, lead on.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Down the ramps they went. Pheonix would get to know these very well if she chose to stay here for any level of time; they passed by the second tier, which she hadn't visited very often, and the woman noted that some kind of team sport or game was being played -- the participants enjoying some surprisingly innocent fun, considering the cavern they were in. Then again, who knew if it would say that way.

Reaching the middle tier, Ozen swung over to the depot, which was manned not by that strange spider creature, but by some sort of naga-like creature. Built quite average, by human standards, it was hard to tell what gender the creature was, as its face held no indicator, and its lower half extended as a long, thick black trunk. It was likely that this was one of the hybrid offspring that was occasionally dumped into the Burrows, rather than sold right off, though it could just as easily have been a proper daemon!

~Good morning, Ozen,~ the daemon, a telepath, psiied and bowed, its tail shifting to maintain its balance. ~Is this the fiery minx everyone's been talking about?~ It gave another bow to Pheonix, its slim tongue flickering out as it tasted the air. ~Your presence is an honor, mademoiselle!~

"Pheonix is responsible for these lovely trees, Fast. Where should we put them?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Pleasure to meet you. I didn't realize I had started to get a reputation already. Personally it feels as though I've only been here about a day or day and a half, although I guess I first got here two weeks back. Pheonix replies, And, yeah, the trees are thanks to a visit to Falia thanks to this little guy. Pheonix says, rubbing a cheek up against Shale.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

~So I heard,~ the daemon smiled, taking the seedlings with gentle care. ~You are both rather spoken about. My name is Fast -- I run the day shift of the depot, here.~ It made a noise something akin to a hiss, though its expression relayed laughter. ~You need to pick your partners with more care if you wish to stick around the same time for very long!~

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I guess I probably should. Pheonix acknowledges as she readjusts her now lighter load.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

~Please come by at any time that you need anything,~ Fast suggested, smiling. ~You as well, Shale.~

At that moment, the daemonet (as well as Hunt, as well as the naga-like creature before her) tensed a little, as Pheonix felt the inscrutable attention of something larger than her mind focusing in on her. ~Pheonix,~ it said, an all-encompassing voice that she felt strangely cradled in, even relayed through Shale. ~You're back. Come down to the lagoon and don't make any pitstops. I want you before you disappear again.~ The voice was undoubtedly Nest's!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Pheonix looks stunned for a second before speaking. I guess I have to go then. See you around. She says, nodding to both Ozen and Fast before heading out with a wave and then moving down towards the lagoon.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'll be back up on one!" Ozen called, "if you want a rematch!"

Down to the lagoon, Pheonix was confronted with Nest in her full majesty... or if not majesty, than 'bulk' worked just as well. The great daemon's tail dangled into the water, but her fore-end was reared above the redhead. ~Pheonix, welcome back,~ she greeted, the tip of her 'head' tilting to one side. A single tentacle appeared from her back, spreading forward to touch the woman and to caress Shale. ~You were missed.~

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Pheonix nuzzles slightly into the tentacle while Shale does the same. I know, I could feel how glad Shale was when he felt me wake up. I got some apple seedlings for the cavern on my last visit to Falia. Pheonix says, making casual conversation with Nest until the Cavern's patron decided to start the fun.