What's new

PoorChan

KaldDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey, thought I'd share a bit of progress I've made on a game I'm making in Unity.
Currently it's only a prototype showcasing some basic movement, 3Dmodel, animations and customization.

You can get it over at the devblog or patreon:
poor-chan.blogspot.com
patreon.com/KaldDev

For the project itself, I'm aiming to create a third person animated Hentai game set in a modern setting, where the player gets plunged into poverty. The player fortunately is close to graduating, only one fee and one exam left and you will have a chance at a better future. How the player manages scrape enough money and favors to achieve these goals, let alone endure the struggles of poverty is where "fun" bits will be. ;)

What do you think?

Reactions: XSI

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: PoorChan

This seems like a pretty good first step to the project so far. I look forward to seeing how your project turns out!:D

One small critique though. I think the run cycle needs to be slowed down just a bit. The way it is now, it seems kinda cartoony since she swings her arms so fast.

OP
KaldDev

KaldDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This seems like a pretty good first step to the project so far. I look forward to seeing how your project turns out!:D

One small critique though. I think the run cycle needs to be slowed down just a bit. The way it is now, it seems kinda cartoony since she swings her arms so fast.
Thanks for taking your time, I appreciate it.

As for the animations fret not, those animations are going to be replaced anyway.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Sound great and run smoothly.

But the camera is really too close from the model and her lower back seems strange. Her buttcheeks are so spreed, she could sit directly on her tailbone!

Good luck with your project, I keep an eye on it!

OP
KaldDev

KaldDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sound great and run smoothly.

But the camera is really too close from the model and her lower back seems strange. Her buttcheeks are so spreed, she could sit directly on her tailbone!

Good luck with your project, I keep an eye on it!
The camera position is that close to create a sense of unease I suppose, Imagine being in rags in a small alley at night. It's subject to change ofc.

Ass for the buttcheeks... They are open like that so that when I work with the 3d model it get's easier to deal with. The Final animations will force them closer and make em jiggle a bit. In other words I haven't touched them in the current placeholder animations, hence the spread.

Thank you for taking your time trying this out.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

The camera position is that close to create a sense of unease I suppose, Imagine being in rags in a small alley at night. It's subject to change ofc.
Ok, I understand what you're trying to do! Not bad!

OP
KaldDev

KaldDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Poor Chan Prologue Alpha 0.1 Release

Poor Chan Prologue Alpha 0.1 Release now available over at the blog or patreon.

poor-chan.blogspot.com
patreon.com/KaldDev

In a very short summary:
-I've added the the very first H-event complete with animations, camera controls and text!
-There are now clothes in the game.
-I've created a basic house for the prologue and worked on some logic for for later work on the prologue.

Check either link for a more extensive update list and of course to download the new builds. I also added Mac and Linux builds, as I saw someone visited the site with those.

OP
KaldDev

KaldDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Poor Chan Prologue Alpha 0.2 Release

New update at the usual sites.

-Now with another H-Scene.
-Improved Customization allowing you to use custom textures. You can even drag and drop some old Eye textures from Artificial Academy 2 without any editing if you own that game.
-The prologue story is pretty much finished, of course in the most basic sense.

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just tried out the latest demo (Alpha 0.3.5). Some bullet points of the first things I noticed:

• a text typing effect would be nice
  • in the prologue I wish I could control the camera after the masturbation scene
  • Poor-chan's eyes changed when she saw the stranger’s dick for the first time! Nice detail there.
  • It seems like the camera isn’t controllable outside of the sex scenes at all. :/
  • there’s some nice looking water in the park!
  • you can rotate Poor-chan while she’s resting. kinda odd.
  • the classroom looks nice with the textures in it, I hope you go with a similar cell-shaded look for the rest of the game

In future releases maybe there could be a way to get money for “favors” from other students? Or lots of miscellaneous things around the school. Also, you should put some trees or other things in the park. Even if they don’t do anything it would be nicer than just the flat stretched grass texture that is there now.

A screenshot of poor-chan in the classroom:

OP
KaldDev

KaldDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just tried out the latest demo (Alpha 0.3.5). Some bullet points of the first things I noticed:

• a text typing effect would be nice
  • in the prologue I wish I could control the camera after the masturbation scene
  • Poor-chan's eyes changed when she saw the stranger’s dick for the first time! Nice detail there.
  • It seems like the camera isn’t controllable outside of the sex scenes at all. :/
  • there’s some nice looking water in the park!
  • you can rotate Poor-chan while she’s resting. kinda odd.
  • the classroom looks nice with the textures in it, I hope you go with a similar cell-shaded look for the rest of the game

In future releases maybe there could be a way to get money for “favors” from other students? Or lots of miscellaneous things around the school. Also, you should put some trees or other things in the park. Even if they don’t do anything it would be nicer than just the flat stretched grass texture that is there now.

A screenshot of poor-chan in the classroom:
  • I was actually thinking of adding a typing effect, should be easy enough.
  • The control scheme is going to change to the more classic 3rd Person controller scheme where you look around with the mouse.
  • When the control scheme changes in the future she won't have to spin to look around when resting.

Good ideas, the rest of the school is planned for the future, as for right now I want to fill up the classroom with most of the school events before I create the rest of the school. Oh and I actually removed the trees from the scenes last build, because they seemed to be horribly optimized. Depending on performance feedback on the classroom I might consider throwing them back in.

That image put a genuine smile on my face, thanks for your engagement in the project, appreciate it.

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The patreon for this has been "in review" for a while now. Is there any chance of it being revived?