Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

i wish we had someone stalking him, then we'd know where he's gone

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

unfortunately I don't stalk LineMarvel like SOME members of this board.
I personally wouldn't consider checking his site/blog once every 3-4 months stalking.

And that's way more than I check it.

Magus

Banned
Reputation score

Looks interesting. :cool:

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

Well... If you want a remake... lets get our hands busy then... Im a game programer with some experience... but Im very very VERY bad at drawing... If someone could do the CGs, I could program it in flash and make a remake, and, if possible, a new saga... Who knows...
anyway, if someone wants to join to the proyect, just PM and we'll talk... Hope you're interested in this...

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

We should making the tentacle defence game instead:p it's in the blank page I think.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Rather than a remake, make our own game. Like Space Girl or some such. There are plenty of ideas to cover so why settle on one that's been done, and done well.

We also have "the community game" and "Tentacle Defense" to consider as well. So before we start throwing our resources at something like this, we should at least finish what we started earlier.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If I had any talent outside my imagination, I'd throw all my support at the community game!

It seems it'd be a fantastic game.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i also had my own game in the works, but thats stalled. mainly due to me having to think to much.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Too bad, too; I was looking forward to a Nunu-made game.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i think its probably close enough to go public now anyway. i've had some ninja helping me but to be frank, getting feedback out of people is harder than oni in a preschool.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

harder than oni in a preschool.
*zing*

Wasn't your project the one with all the polls, and each poll had, like, 2-3 pages?
Come here for feedback, if this isn't where you've been going :p

Though, if it is, and the feedback is that bad, idk what's up with that o.o

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i conduct most of my operations in secret, prepare for the first public link to operation heroic bedpan

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Seems nice and looks promising :)

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

i conduct most of my operations in secret, prepare for the first public link to operation heroic bedpan

Hum... first impressions:

-Allegra's description in the Employment Board is incorrect - it displays Jessica's description.
-After hiring Jessica, her name appears as "Allegra" in the Staff and Duties screens.
-Some spelling errors, notably "obedience" and "aptitude" (no double P), not important at this stage.
-demo doesn't go very deep... obvious, I know.
-expanding lineart building is kewl
-lack of face graphics... again, obvious. Dunno if you want to go the "art off the Internet" route, like Slavemaker.
-a bit too much variability in # of customers attracted. Just clicking "End Day" once I'd picked up and filled all the buildings, I could go from 0 customers (no revenue) up to 21 (turned half away).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-definitely too much variability: went from 24 to 0 to 29 (I can service ~10 with this setup).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-couldn't set "Lisa Howard" to a prostitution job after getting her to 18 years of age.

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

yeah the allegra thing is a bug that i have no idea why its there.

i can work on decreasing the variability in customers.

i think you'll find that the description of why she wont work is that her obedience is still to low. i wanted to make the distinction that some people just wont work in the sex trade (or that you will have to do something pretty drastic to make them).

i really really didn't want to go art off the internet route, i could have but i think that devalues what work does go into it. oni was going to be doing some art for me but he seems to have his own problems. you can see all the spots are ready for graphics but i don't want to even use placeholders unless there something made for this game. The whole thing is essentially skinless.

The game doesn't go very deep because i stopped working on it once i started having to think. my production model consisted of asking someone what i should do, then doing it. create x items / characters didn't really fit in with that model to well. i figured before you could have a goal you had to have a world for that goal to fit into first. Its not really a demo, its more a pre-alpha build.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I like it, and hope this is the kind of feedback that helps.

A few things,

- I liked the isometric part on the left, it was interesting, and helped picture the inn. Maybe add a few beds and other furniture to it?
- It may be an idea to have a short tutorial for people, just for how to do things. (Like attracting costumers, equipping the girls clothes, using items, etc)
- It might be me not getting the right impression of the costumers, but it seemed they all wanted something of their fetish, it may be an idea to have generic costumers that pay a bit less, but would be happy with anything female.
- Price of advertisement v price of campaign seems a bit off, 110 for an add, but 7 for a full campaign.
- It may help to mention upkeep is monthly, and wages are weekly.
- After a bit of play, I could mouse over the status, buildings menu to see what the buildings I had did, but holding the mouse over the kitchen icon got the description of the dorm, holding it over expanded foundations or dorm gave nothing, and the cleaning locker and normal foundations only gave the normal foundations description. I had every upgrade up to expanded foundations.
- Buying cheap wine at the emporium, the money gets taken, but the item is not in the inventory, nor can it be assigned to girls. The same happened with the elixir. Rose water did show up in the inventory list, but I couldn't give it to a girl.
- Storyline/goals might be a good idea.

(Already mentioned in this topic: )
The amount of costumers seems random
Allegra - Jessica in the staff list bug
Graphics, less important then the game itself
Amount of items/buildings/staff is still a bit low

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

something that would really help is ideas for new items and girls.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Though the interface is really simple, it's pretty cool. I like the whole concept of "building" your brothel.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i try to make things as simple as possible, because bad usability is a horrible horrible thing. thats why everything has a description and space for a picture or icon.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

An idea for this:

Maybe you could have some sort of tavern room expansion or something early on where you could assign the less sexual girls to serve meals for extra profit.

Edit: Also, is there a way to remove the seemingly arbitrary use of caps on skills? It seems odd that characters who seem to specialize in something can't max that skill. For example the servant Lisa can't max housework, and the succubus daughter of bast can't max experience.

Last edited: