What's new

ACT Prelude RJ124011

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Prelude

... aaaannnddd the final boss is total bullshit.

Nothing says generic final boss battle like an AOE spamming magic caster with randomly timed, simultaneous spells that make it literally impossible not to get hit, unless you have an insane amount of luck.

I don't get it. He came this close making a game that managed to be challenging without Fake Difficulty, and then he goes and ruins it all with that ridiculous crapshoot of a fight.

I am disappoint...
I still beat that last boss. It's just a test of your dexterity and Megaman Zero skills. :cool:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fun little game it was challenging for me though, i kept getting fucked up by the pits on the first level and the swarm just before

TwilitFeather

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I had trouble with it until I learned how to cancel and actually use my specials. It was like dynasty warriors without pressing triangle or evade ^-^;

chuenlee

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I still beat that last boss. It's just a test of your dexterity and Megaman Zero skills. :cool:
if can show give us the tips of fighting the last boss it take me like 20 try to beat on easy which i got lucky. what to do with that firewall its tooo OP cannot block. its like 100% sure hit. NOT fair at all:(

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Airdash is invincible (Jump, Direction + Jump). Use it to go through things then cancel into attack to drop down to the floor again ASAP.

Last boss strategy:
Her basic pattern is to do two attacks in sequence then idle for a moment. Dodge the attacks then hit her for a bit and repeat.

To deal damage quickly, stand next to her and repeatedly use Up+X,Z (upward slash cancelled into block to make it recover instantly). If you're stood slightly out of range you can use Up+Forward+X to do it while moving forwards.

At long range, use Forward+X when she is idling immediately after an attack sequence, otherwise she might teleport out of the way and you'll be stuck in the long recovery animation. After Forward+X, cancel into Down+X so you don't end up in the corner, then Up+Forward+X to begin the slash spam.

If you can't get close at all then use Down+X+C (fireball) from a distance until you run out of meter.

When she starts an attack, wait to see what it is and react:
  • Red aura = Fireball or Spinning Blade : Cancel into down+X to backstep and wait to see what it is. The same attack doesn't appear twice in a sequence, so if you see two red auras in a row then you know what the second one is straight away.
  • Fireball : Hit it back at her with a jump attack or Down+X.
  • Spinning Blade : Block it. Do stuff. Turn around and block it again. "Do stuff" will consist of either dodging the next attack or hitting the boss a few times. Do not turn around too early or the boss is more likely to teleport behind you and sandwich you between her and the blade, making you unable to block both.
  • Teleport : She will do one of two attacks. Easiest thing to do is block.
  • Teleport dash : The same as your Forward+X, or Forward+X+C on hard difficulty. Block the first hit and immediately chase her with your own Forward+X (this dodges the followup on hard difficulty). Then use Down+X to backstep out of the corner. If heading towards the corner is risky, just block the followup instead.
  • Teleport slash : The same as your Jump+X. Always appears behind you. Just block it and wait near the middle of the screen to see where she reappears. You can also walk away from it to avoid it, which may be necessary if one of the random attacks is aiming at you.
  • Ice : You get a couple of free hits, then cancel into down+X to avoid it.
  • Fire wall : Use Down+X to step back slightly. Airdash through the fire wall and attack to drop down on top of the boss.
  • Light beam : Jump. If you're attacking the boss you can squeeze in one more hit then cancel that into a jump. Use an air attack to delay yourself in the air slightly and subsequently drop to the floor faster. Try to hit the boss with it too if you can.
  • Lightning : As soon as you see the floor marking, cancel into down+X to dodge it. On hard difficulty this is accompanied with a darksplosion that stays active for a moment. Stand well clear so you don't get knocked into it afterwards.
After hurting her a bit, random markers will start to appear. Try to hit the fireballs at the boss for more damage (easiest way is with a jump attack). The light beams can be blocked, but everything else must be dodged. The best option is to use Down+X to get out of the way. Stand especially clear of the dark markers as the explosion stays active for a while and you can get knocked into it.

On hard difficulty, when you knock her down to 50% life she will start following her two basic attacks with one huge spell.
  • Fire : Starting on the right, hit as many fireballs as you can with jump attacks. Hit them towards the boss if you can. Finally head left and jump through the gap between the two fireballs and airdash through the fire wall behind them (alternatively, hit the fireballs on the right to the left to clear them out of the way). Attack to drop down to the floor then airdash through the other fire wall.
  • Ice : Stand very slightly to the left or right of the middle column of ice and crouch.
    Alternatively, spam Down+X+C at the boss until you are backed into the far corner. Stay facing away from the screen edge and use Down+X to dodge the ice just before it touches your feet. DO NOT try doing this in the corner behind the boss because her next attack will start during the backstep.
  • Light : Hold block. When standing at the middle of the screen you need to face right, left, right (multiple hits), then left (multiple hits). If you're near the edge then there will be an extra beam in the bottom corner that you need to block.
  • Dark : Walk a short distance at a time. Use Down+X+C if you can. If you end up in the corner you can get out with a well timed jump and airdash. The aim is to airdash just as the previous darksplosion starts to disappear so that you don't clip the far upper corner of it.
  • Nothing : Yay.
Abuse the hell out of Down+X+C in this form, because getting close enough to attack normally is a lot harder.

Last edited:

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

There seems to be a v1.0.2.

- "Very Easy" difficulty added.
- "Easy" difficulty made slightly easier.
- Key config added.
- Fixed some bugs.

I checked the trial. The ridiculous memory leak is still there.

troidatoi624

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Airdash is invincible (Jump, Direction + Jump). Use it to go through things then cancel into attack to drop down to the floor again ASAP.

Last boss strategy:
Her basic pattern is to do two attacks in sequence then idle for a moment. Dodge the attacks then hit her for a bit and repeat.

To deal damage quickly, stand next to her and repeatedly use Up+X,Z (upward slash cancelled into block to make it recover instantly). If you're stood slightly out of range you can use Up+Forward+X to do it while moving forwards.

At long range, use Forward+X when she is idling immediately after an attack sequence, otherwise she might teleport out of the way and you'll be stuck in the long recovery animation. After Forward+X, cancel into Down+X so you don't end up in the corner, then Up+Forward+X to begin the slash spam.

If you can't get close at all then use Down+X+C (fireball) from a distance until you run out of meter.

• Red aura = Fireball or Spinning Blade : Cancel into down+X to backstep and wait to see what it is. The same attack doesn't appear twice in a sequence, so if you see two red auras in a row then you know what the second one is straight away.
  • Spinning Blade : Block it. Do stuff. Turn around and block it again. "Do stuff" will consist of either dodging the next attack or hitting the boss a few times. Do not turn around too early or the boss is more likely to teleport behind you and sandwich you between her and the blade, making you unable to block both.
  • Teleport dash : The same as your Forward+X, or Forward+X+C on hard difficulty. Block the first hit and immediately chase her with your own Forward+X (this dodges the followup on hard difficulty). Then use Down+X to backstep out of the corner. If heading towards the corner is risky, just block the followup instead.
  • Teleport slash : The same as your Jump+X. Always appears behind you. Just block it and wait near the middle of the screen to see where she reappears. You can also walk away from it to avoid it, which may be necessary if one of the random attacks is aiming at you.
  • Fire wall : Use Down+X to step back slightly. Airdash through the fire wall and attack to drop down on top of the boss.
  • Light beam : Jump. If you're attacking the boss you can squeeze in one more hit then cancel that into a jump. Use an air attack to delay yourself in the air slightly and subsequently drop to the floor faster. Try to hit the boss with it too if you can.
  • Lightning : As soon as you see the floor marking, cancel into down+X to dodge it. On hard difficulty this is accompanied with a darksplosion that stays active for a moment. Stand well clear so you don't get knocked into it afterwards.
After hurting her a bit, random markers will start to appear. Try to hit the fireballs at the boss for more damage (easiest way is with a jump attack). The light beams can be blocked, but everything else must be dodged. The best option is to use Down+X to get out of the way. Stand especially clear of the dark markers as the explosion stays active for a while and you can get knocked into it.

On hard difficulty, when you knock her down to 50% life she will start following her two basic attacks with one huge spell.
  • Fire : Starting on the right, hit as many fireballs as you can with jump attacks. Hit them towards the boss if you can. Finally head left and jump through the gap between the two fireballs and airdash through the fire wall behind them (alternatively, hit the fireballs on the right to the left to clear them out of the way). Attack to drop down to the floor then airdash through the other fire wall.
  • Ice : Stand very slightly to the left or right of the middle column of ice and crouch.
    Alternatively, spam Down+X+C at the boss until you are backed into the far corner. Stay facing away from the screen edge and use Down+X to dodge the ice just before it touches your feet. DO NOT try doing this in the corner behind the boss because her next attack will start during the backstep.
  • Light : Hold block. When standing at the middle of the screen you need to face right, left, right (multiple hits), then left (multiple hits). If you're near the edge then there will be an extra beam in the bottom corner that you need to block.
  • Dark : Walk a short distance at a time. Use Down+X+C if you can. If you end up in the corner you can get out with a well timed jump and airdash. The aim is to airdash just as the previous darksplosion starts to disappear so that you don't clip the far upper corner of it.
Abuse the hell out of Down+X+C in this form, because getting close enough to attack normally is a lot harder.
Plz ! Make a clip or video :D

ulmfan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There seems to be a v1.0.2.

- "Very Easy" difficulty added.
- "Easy" difficulty made slightly easier.
- Key config added.
- Fixed some bugs.

I checked the trial. The ridiculous memory leak is still there.
Key config ehh... I wonder if that includes changing window size...
Also Very easy ehh...
Anyone has this latest version?

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Plz ! Make a clip or video :D
Last boss, hard, no damage:
mediafire.com/watch/w7ppgaec58a3djr

It took a while to get a recording I was satisfied with. I mainly wanted a no-damage run, but I also wanted the boss to demonstrate every spell in the process, and she kept being stubborn about it.

golwas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Killer moves dude!

I couldn't get into this game myself. The combat seemed pretty deep but nothing else drew me in.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Last boss strategy:

I dont think I need to say anything...

chuenlee

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Last boss, hard, no damage:
mediafire.com/watch/w7ppgaec58a3djr

It took a while to get a recording I was satisfied with. I mainly wanted a no-damage run, but I also wanted the boss to demonstrate every spell in the process, and she kept being stubborn about it.
wow ur goodman are u a megaman fan ? :D
this is what i call good game (ACT)
have u go try (Tower of the mysterious witch girl Rapunzel Selling Match) it still on this thread people call that game HARD LOL. show them this video or better game than that 1.

akaterasu

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sorry for the necro post:eek:... but wanted to check if anyone has an upload link to this game (link no linger working, sukebei one has no seeders).
Missed on this, and it looks like an ACT game worth challenging