What's new

RPG [猫ひげラジオ] プリンセスサクリファイス~供犠姫フィーナの冒険~ / Princess Sacrifice (RJ124341)

AsXurian

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice

Oh, boy. Ever since I started using the "Search" function, I completely lost track as to what I've been translating. I know it's now the story, but it's mostly about menus and battle text.
View attachment 21149
I ended up messing around and named the Dark Lord after that one boss from Dark Souls. (I'm gonna change this back, no worries)
Definitely gonna upload a RAR/ZIP file here soon. I accidently broke one of the files before I fixed it. I'm getting very scared about this.
I'm not necessarily a Dark Souls Lore Fanboy or anything, but I'd still support that being his name XD

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wait, I DL'ed this awhile back, are you guys trying to translate the entire game?
Because frankly, im stuck with the dragon and stopped playing ever since xD
dont know what to do though,

i really like the game dough.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait, I DL'ed this awhile back, are you guys trying to translate the entire game?
Because frankly, im stuck with the dragon and stopped playing ever since xD
dont know what to do though,

i really like the game dough.
The dragon is an optional fight .- . although you can lose to him once for the scene, and beat him for some item but he's not necessary for clearing the story.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This has always bothered me when it comes to translating but, um...how should one translate 'Penis' in a H-game? I could use 'Cock', but I'm uncertain which to use.
Here's a list of penis-types I've found in the files.
おちんちん = Penis
可愛いおちんちん = Cute Penis
硬いおちんちん = Hard Penis
大きなおちんちん = Large Penis
透明おちんちん = Transparent Penis
触手おちんちん = Tentacle Penis
I need additional opinions, if possible.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i would think itd determine how it was used ina sentence, but cock or dick seems good enough.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Call it !

Last edited:

orangestone

Demon Girl
Reputation score

EDIT: I'm sorry I realised this so late, habisain. I feel like your efforts in trying to use RPGMaker Trans to help has been a waste. I'm really sorry.
The biggest benefit of using RPGMaker Trans is that the translation patches are forwards and backwards compatible. Princess Sacrifice is not a likely game to get dialogue breaking patches in the future but it is a worthwhile tool to have.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, I didn't respond to this. Just as a note, I didn't expend that much effort on doing it, so don't worry about that. In any case, the effort wasn't be wasted because it would also apply to other games using this engine (Livemaker, isn't it?). I'd also point out that another benefit of proper tooling is less propensity for introducing errors.

Unfortunately what I found out with my look into this is that it will take a bit more time than I have at present to hack support onto RPGMaker Trans, due to having to port one of the libraries involved up to Python 3, so it'll have to sit on the back burner for now.

Chronopolize

Reputation score

Hi I'd be interesting in working on this translation, though I don't really want to mess around with a lot of files. Is the main story text reasonable collected together?

Last edited:

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hi I'd be interesting in working on this translation, though I don't really want to mess around with a lot of files.
Lol. If you were expecting this to be a walk in the park, it's not. I'll need to remove my labels before I upload my WIP files. (Unless nobody cares about messy text in a working game. In which case, I'll freely upload it! :D)

Is the main story text reasonable collected together?
Some parts, yes. A lot of other parts, no.
From what I've discovered, (Both from playing and translating) files that have H-dialogue are separate from dialogue that eventually lead up to the H-scene. It's a pain to find them, especially for me when I haven't even translated them yet! (Despite my eagerness to work on them!)

I need to get back on this when possible. There are soooo many parts I want to work on, but chronological order is much more important! (Deama and Feena going at it in the cave is...draining. So. Much. Descriptions!)

EDIT: None of the enemies are attacking...
...I done fucked up.

Last edited:

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Another Noble Hero fallen trying to translate Princess Sacrifice.
You have my deepest Respect Sire.

Oh Canada, Oh canada!~

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"... I done fucked up." is not the same as "... I give up."
One can hope he knows where the fuck-up occurred and that he knows what must be done to rectify the issue. Truly, progress was being made.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Okay...I need a break.

I wanted to upload the link into my sig, but turns out, that's not an option. Which means I need to upload the link here in this post.

This should work, I think. Never done this before.
Oh, users will need this.

Nameplates, very important.

Anyways, that's not what I want I to bring up.

I haven't edited much, so I'll try and recall what I've done:
1: Majority of enemy names have been translated into English. However, due to me fucking up every now and again, I have only translated common enemy names, so there will be some names left unaccounted for. The main reason is because I don't want the game to crash, AGAIN. It becomes quite annoying when I cannot pinpoint the exact fault.
2: Menus have been edited to look a little better. (Weapons Debug A and B are now called Excalibur and Excalipoor, respectively. Because...why not? Lol)
3: Thanks to the effort of the members here, the entire part of Pallas Spirit Temple (Not the underground, which is called Sanctuary of all things) has been translated. (Well...expect for the part where Feena can be a total masochist and get responses from Elsa and whomever. This part keeps slipping my mind for some reason.)
4: Most of my efforts went into translating dialogue regarding enemies urinating on Feena. Unfortunately, I haven't translated all of them yet. Will get around to the rest later.
5: Some parts of the battle dialogue have been translated, but some were left alone due to the lack of context. I'll get around to this in the future. (This doesn't include skills. These are independent. Last time I translated these skills, I broke the game. I'll go a little deeper on this further down.)
6: Random parts of the game have been translated. Expect some English in the midst of Japanese.

I haven't tested this batch. So if there are any errors of any kind, I'll eventually fix them. (Whatever they may be)

About the skills - I think the fault occurred due to identical names for different functions, but I'm no tech expert, so I cannot confirm this. (Not much too it, really)

That should all be on my mind. I'm going to get started on the plot, now. (Need a change of pace)
Oh, almost forgot - reequip your character. I changed some things, so it's best to reequip. Otherwise, the equipment won't work due to their old names not matching up with their new names. (This is a thing, so please take care.)

These are the names I haven't included. (Not sure which is needed and whatnot. Which is why I didn't add them.) BTW, does anyone know how I make a drop box for this? This list is taking up a lot of space. :(
パック = Pack
ミミック = Mimic
ミミックドア = Mimic Door
デーモンメイジ = Demon Meiji
ピクシー = Pixie
ウィスプ = Wisp
マイマイ = Snail
子イカ = Baby Squid
大イカ = Large Squid
クラーケン = Kraken
山賊 = Bandit
盗賊団 = Band of Thieves
クリミナル = Criminal
フレッシュゴーレム = Fresh Golem
フレッシュゴーレム改 = Fresh Golem Kai
自警団 = Vigilantes
ローパー = Roper
キングローパー = King Roper
レッサーデーモン = Lesser Demon
フェアリー = Fairy
サテュロス = Satyr
盗賊騎士 = Thief Knight
リビングスタチュー = Living Statue
邪教団 = Heretic
アレチオオワシ = Arechioowashi
(Please look this up using the Tool: 盗賊) = Thief
無限戦闘 = Infinite Battle
レイス = Reisu (Ray?)
牙将ガザハ = Kibasho Kazaha
ウェルストン = Wellston
供犠姫リィン = Sacrificial Princess Ryin/Angi
エスカマモンスター = Esukama Monster
スカルムグリーバ = Skull Muguriba

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

These are the names I haven't included. (Not sure which is needed and whatnot. Which is why I didn't add them.) BTW, does anyone know how I make a drop box for this? This list is taking up a lot of space. :(
パック = Pack = Puck (the goat boy)
デーモンメイジ = Demon Meiji = Demon Mage
フレッシュゴーレム = Fresh Golem = Flesh Golem
フレッシュゴーレム改 = Fresh Golem Kai ^
レイス = Reisu (Ray?) = Raise (revive spell usually) or Wraith (ghost monster)
\-x -\ some suggestion from me

Reputation score

It's doing a soft freeze on the first story H scene with the nun. Prevents me from starting a new playthrough, and I've tested the replay scene multiple times, and it freezes every time.

Music is still playing and it advances to the first CG but after the first line nothing displays. It gave a few different error codes the first couple times, but it doesn't give me any now.

I thought at first it was just the unpacked version being it's usual slow to load self, but it's been stuck for about 10 minutes now. It's not a huge problem, considering I've got previous saves, so I can skip past that, just letting you know.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'll check it out. (This is a new issue I've never came across, so it's recent)

By the way, screenshots would be appreciated to provide more context. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. (Deeply sorry...)

EDIT: Actually, please ignore that request. That's just me being an attention-whore.
Anywho, I fixed the issue. Not sure what it was, but it had something to do with me copy-pasting lines of code without looking.
For everyone's convenience, I've made a folder for this game. Includes the original, nameplates, intro translation, and my version.

Last edited: