Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Prologue: Anabelle MacLoyd

Rexford didn't seem to reassured by Anabelle's words, though he seemed to kick with a renewed vigor towards the distant shore. They paddled the makeshift raft for what seemed like forever before they finally reached the shore. Rexford crawled up far enough up the beach to avoid the tide before collapsing on the sandy shore, exhausted from their evening.

Looking around the desolate shore Anabelle could see little to reassure either of them. They were in a desolate sandy waste most likely on the shores of the infidels in Africa. As her heart sank a little she suddenly saw smoke rising from down the beach. She couldn't tell who it was from this distance perhaps some other survivors.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Look there," Anabelle told her comrade, tapping his shoulder to get his attention.

"Maybe some survivors, lets get going," she said, trying to pick him up despite the soreness and fatigue settling into her frame. She just wanted to lay down and sleep, perhaps the source of the smoke could offer sanctuary from this dark night.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Rexford manages to drag his thin frame from the sand after a few minutes and slowly starts making his way with Anabelle down the shore. As they get closer they can see there are two people laying beside the fire. The closer of the pair looks to be Manwys lying on his stomach as though he collapsed after lighting the fire. Rexford seeing that it's their commander suddenly rushes forward shouting.

"Manwys thank god we aren't the only survivors, it's Manwys, Nabe. Hurry."

Something about the scene suddenly seems off to Anabelle as Rexford rushes towards the fire shouting.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The hair on the back of her neck standing up, Anabelle clutched her sword that she miraculously still had. Looking around the area lit by the fire she followed Rexford, unsure of what else to do.

"Something's wrong," she said loud enough to be heard.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Rexford either doesn't hear Anabelle or ignores her as he rushes right up to where their fellow soldiers lie next to the fire. Neither Manwys or the other soldier move as he reaches them, rolling the other soldier over he suddenly falls backward as he tries to get away. The man's throat looks as though something had torn through it even from where Anabelle stands warily looking about.

"W-what how did he get a-ashore."

He shouts as he gets back up and moves closer to Anabelle.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"The demon," Anabelle hissed. "It's toying with us now."

She looked around the dark, before moving forward and daring to reach into the flames and pulling a burning stick from within, wincing as the heat sent pain through the skin of her hand.

"Be ready for anything Rexford. We don't get redemption for our sins if we die here today,"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Looking out into the darkness surrounding them on all sides she suddenly sees the demon standing just out of the reach of the firelight. The darkness seems to swirl around him as he stands there staring at them but he comes no further as if the fire keeps it back.

While she's looking that way Rexford moves to check on Manwys, carefully turning him over. Thankfully he still seems to be alive for he stirs a little when moved. Rexford picks up the sword lying beside their commander and starts looking out into the darkness as well. Looking to the opposite side of where Anabelle can see the demon standing she hears him gasp and stutter out.

"T-theres something out there watching us, c-can you see it N-Nabe. H-hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. H-holy Mary, M-mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our d-death."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"I see it... God help us," Anabelle said, before thrusting her torch out towards the creature staring her down.

"Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil," Anabelle shouted out to the creature, adding the rest of it under her breath.

She settled into a fighting stance, holding both torch and sword before her.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Praying? Do you think that will protect you from us. It certainly didn't protect the innocents you massacred in the mosque when Jerusalem fell. Why you didn't even spare the Jews from your wrath, burning there synagogue when they sought shelter within it's walls. Go ahead and pray though if you must I doubt if they'll be heard."

Came the voice of the demon through the still night air as it stood watching them from the shadows. Whatever the creature was it always seemed to stay just out of the light from the torch in Anabelle's hand. Then from behind her she heard another voice joined in, one far more seductive than the one standing in front of Anabelle.

"Perhaps there prayers would be heard if they were sent to the one true god. Why don't you just put that fire out and then I can show you the way to the one true god, Set."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Heathens," Anabelle hissed, forcing herself to ignore the other words, trying not to remember her sword carving into the flesh of men, women and even a few children in the streets of that distant blood caked land.

"You will not make me stray from the path," she barked, not daring to look over her shoulder towards the other voice.

"Rexford, be ready for anything," she whispered to her comrade.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The demon in front of Anabelle spits out a retort in response to the other demon behind her.

"Set, bah, just another ancient bogeyman created by the low clans of Egypt. He would no more answer the prayers of these sinners than their own God."

Taking a step forward into the edge of the light the demon, a saracen, locks gazes with Anabelle and growls out.

"Put out that fire and come to receive punishment for your sins, now."

Annabelle almost feels as if she should do as the demon orders but her will is too strong to bow to his commands. Manwys by now has stood up and picked up a torch of his own holding it out to the demon behind them. He seems to be fine though just as shaken by the situation as she and Rexford are, both of them with their backs to the fire facing the demons with Anabelle.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Manwys, are you alright?" Anabelle asks, a bit taken aback that the man was able to get up, despite the wound in his neck. She didn't listen to any words the demon said, purposely ignoring him to keep his manipulative tone from her skull.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Manwys is fine. The dead one with his throat torn out was a fourth soldier who was lying next to Manwys.

Manwys nods his head as though glad to be alive after looking down at the body next to them.

"I don't know which of you got me ashore but I thank ye, I don't think I would have made it otherwise. Good thinking on the fire too, whatever these things are seem afraid of it."

His attention turns back to the two demons stalking the trio around the edges of the firelight. Neither of them seems willing to get closer to them because of the fire though that doesn't stop them from trying to get one of the trio to put the fire out.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well... shit

"We... didn't light the fire," Anabella said with a frown, glancing over at her commander. "We just found you here, unconscious beside him," she continued, indicating the corpse with her chin.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The shadow demon from the ship unable to sway Anabelle with it's words seems to decide to move on to one of the others. While still keeping it's distance from the fire it moves in front of Rexford, looking into the youth's eyes and commands.

"Come to me. Do not be corrupted by the devils honeyed words. He means to corrupt your souls. Come to me and I assure you your souls will still enter heaven afterwards."

The seductive demon continues to stay outside of the fire opposite from the shadow demon. As the shadow demon accuses him of attempted corruption he retorts calmly.

"I do not wish to corrupt you. I only wish to keep you safe from the demon's tricks. Why else would I have lit the fire and left it for you to find. Come to me and I will protect you from him."

Rexford blinks as the shadowy one commands him and stubbornly takes a step away from the fire as though he can't help himself. The normally clear thinking Manwys grabs at him and suddenly entreats him to come with him to the other for protection.

Anabelle herself sees through the tricks of the two demons though they are both very convincing in their attempts to lure the three of them away from the fire. She also begins to feel extremely exhausted mentally as well as physically though she still has some strength left in her.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Blinking her eyes, Anabelle looks at her comrades. She can't find any words, her mind covered with a thick fog. Her gaze flicks between the two creatures, and her comrades.

"Fuck you both," she says finally to the demons, finding the words somewhere inside, pulling them through the fog.

"Come on RExford, Manwys, they're trying to lead us away, make us betray our oaths,"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Rexford stops after Anabelle shouts though it seems to take every ounce of will he has to tear himself away from the creature's eyes. Falling to his knees beside the fire as he does so.

Her words don't seem to have the same effect on her commander however for he makes a break towards the other demon. Reaching the edge of the firelight the demon holds it's arms out and smiles. Manwys falls on his knees before the demon who stares at him for a second before a forked tongue shoots from his mouth straight into the commander's throat.

Anabelle and Rexford can do nothing as they watch the demon devour the blood of their commander before finally letting his body fall to the ground dead.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"What in the name of God are you?" Anabelle cried out, pointing the flaming end of her makeshift torch towards the creature.

Her knuckles were turning white she clutched her sword and torch so hard, her eyes settling on the demon before her, fear making her heart pound like a hammer.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Both demons break into hideous laughter at Anabelle's question, the one in front of her flicking it's forked tongue in and out the entire time. Rexford seems to have completely lost it as he kneels in the sand staring into the fire and crying. Finally the demons stop their laughter and the one with the forked tongue answers her.

"We are vampires. Out to seek revenge on those who would help our European brethren to take our lands and slaughter our food.."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"You just took away all my guilt," Anabelle said with a smirk, pointing her chin outwards.

"They rest in peace, no longer your cattle," she shouted defiantly, spitting towards the creature before her.

Status
Not open for further replies.