Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Prologue: Anabelle MacLoyd

"Technically speaking they are my horses, Osment and the Abbot both owed me a small favor so they agreed to give the horses a little blood so we could travel more quickly."

Jourdain answers before adding

"You'll be a little saddle shore by the time we reach Tunis. You just have to get used to riding for that to go away."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"I've noticed that already," Anabelle grumbled, moving her horse up beside the knight's as they trotted through the desert.

"So if I give my blood to a horse... it'll become my ghoul? Are there any rules against this?"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"It would certainly be more loyal to you than any other animal. There are no rules against creating ghouls other than not revealing your true nature to the humans. Of course that doesn't apply in the case of animal ghouls." he answers as they continue to ride on.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll keep that in mind. Might be good to get a ride of my own," Anabelle said, nearly falling again. She let out a curse as she righted herself and sighed.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"You might want to learn to ride a little better first but yes they can be very useful." Jourdain says a little alarmed as she almost falls again.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Well... I have a lot of time now," Anabelle said with a smirk, finally managing to find a stable position as she rode across the dunes.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"You certainly have that."

He replies as they continue to ride along the shore. Jourdain doesn't say anything much for a few minutes after that allowing her to take in the sparse sights of the desert for a moment. Despite the lack of breathtaking scenery it's still beautiful and even seems to have a relaxing effect on the hunger she feels. Her thoughts are interrupted when he again speaks up.

"It shouldn't be much longer before we start to see the ruins of Carthage, Tunis itself is just beyond the ruins. There will be plenty of time for you to attempt your first hunt before we need to head for the harbor."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"My first hunt," Anabelle said, seeming to chew on the final word, not entirely sure how she liked the feel of it. She had taken that jackal out in the desert, but an animal was not the same as a person.

"Must we kill to feed?"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yes, you're first hunt. You'll have to get used to the idea eventually so you might as well call it hunting."

Jourdain answers her sternly, though he doesn't seem angry. More like a teacher sternly rebuking a student when she's made a mistake. After a few more steps he continues just as sternly.

"I highly suggest you try not to kill anyone if you can help it. The beast might try to make you kill your prey by taking too much blood but you must control it. You were able to control yourself last night with the jackal so you should be fine. If you mess up I'll probably be nearby to aid you if necessary."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Can we, erase memory or something then. Cause honestly how have... we, not been discovered yet. I'll have to know that," Anabelle said, seemingly more at ease with not having to murder someone for her food.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"The 'kiss' as the Toreador like to call it takes care of that for you in a way. If you remember last night when Idris was feeding from you, it probably felt good aside from the initial puncture of the fangs.

All you have to do is lure someone close enough that you can bite them and they won't struggle. Once the feeding is over they'll more than likely pass out and as long as you lick the wound shut they won't even know what has happened to them."

Jourdain explains while they ride on. In the distance the ruins he spoke of begin to come into view, mostly scattered and ruined columns sticking up through the sand of the desert.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anabelle listens, but doesn't say anything in return, her attention grabbed by the ruins quickly getting closer. The site of so much death and destruction centuries before, caused by men just like her and her comrades. It almost felt as if the ghosts of the forgotten dead still lingered.

"Does anything live here?"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"No, though if you believe the Brujah their clan founder still lies in torpor beneath the sands. Long ago before the Roman's had conquered their great empire under their Ventrue masters they fought with this city, Carthage, and it's Brujah masters eventually defeating them.

According to the Brujah the city was a paradise on earth where both Cainite and human coexisted together for mutual benefit. The Ventrue tell a different tale of debauchery and blood tithings from the Brujah's enslaved human cattle. I myself highly doubt if either clan is really telling the truth or if they even know the truth.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject to tell the truth. If you ever have a few nights to spend listening to a tale just ask a Brujah or a Ventrue about it. Just make sure to feed first since it will take a while."

Jourdain explains as they ride through what was left of the city of Carthage. The wind completely dies down as they ride through this area creating a horrifying silence in the ancient ruins.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anabelle let out a short laugh, that quickly died down as nervousness set in. There was a whole new world to see and explore now. She actually looked forward to peeling back the veil her new kind had draped over it all.

For the moment though, the unsettling silence of the ruins kept her quiet, her eyes darting to and fro. In her mind she started to see battles past, her own battles. The fall of Jerusalem, the skirmish outside Acre. So much blood... it was strange to feel a hunger when those memories came up instead of just a shuddering despair.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The ride through the ruins lasted for several more minutes and after passing through them Jourdain lead them around an oasis of trees. As they emerged onto the other side she could see the lights and walls of what she assumed must be Tunis. The city was huge though not quite the rival of Constantinople even from this distance she could sense how lively it was though.

"Welcome to Tunis. Unfortunately we don't have time for much sightseeing. Perhaps one day we'll both have the chance to spend more than a night here."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anabelle stared at the city in a bit of wonder... before that wonder quickly faded. It wasn't so unlike so many other cities she'd visited through her travels. But the smell as she got closer... it triggered a hunger within her. Instinctively her tongue ran over her lips as she at the walls.

"Impressive," she managed to say.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

They continue riding through the outskirts of the city on their way to the tall gates of the city. Just before they reach the gates Jourdain stops his horse as the sound of small bells ringing reaches their ears. A heavily cloaked man walks across the road in front of them the bells seem to be attached to his clothing. Anabelle knows that the bells are meant as a warning for others to avoid the disease of leprosy. He makes his way to the center of the otherwise empty road and stops in front of them blocking their path.

"Strange to see a Christian knight and his companion entering into Tunis, do you have business in the city?"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anabelle kept her horse from approaching the man with some difficulty, still learning the intricacies of horse riding. She kept her eyes on the leper mostly, but glanced to her companion and mentor when he spoke. She still didn't know how susceptible her kind was to something like this.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Jourdain seems to be making sure he keeps his distance from the leper and sounds a little annoyed as he answers.

"I imagine it does seem strange to see a Christian knight in Tunis, though it seems no more strange than a leper blocking entrance to the city. What business is it of yours what our business is."

The place seems as quiet now as it had when they traveled through the ruins of Carthage. Anabelle could swear she hears movement behind them somewhere, though she finds nothing when she spins her head to look. The worst part is that she can sense the smell of rotting flesh coming from the leper as he stands blocking their path.

Jourdain doesn't seem to have noticed the sound though he seems to notice the smell.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Letting her hand fall calmly to the hilt of her sword, Anabelle turned her horse to watch their backs. She frowned as she looked for the source of the sound, even as she scrunched her nose against the smell... before deciding she could simply not breath. She was dead now... she didn't need the air anymore.

"Somethings wrong," she whispered hoarsely to Jourdain, starting to pull her sword free of its scabbard.

Status
Not open for further replies.