What's new

Prologue - Eve Vosmus

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Eve had just finished her morning shoot, and was in her dressing room getting changed when there was a knock on her door. The voice of her manager, Crystal, came through from the other side, sounding excited.

"Eve! You'll never guess what I got us!"

((I just made up the name, but assume he's a fairly big name, and he does full modelling, not just underwear, 'kay?))

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Prologue - Eve Vosmus

Eve set down the brush she'd been running through her hair and tilted her head a bit. "What did you get us?" she called out in her sweet southern belle accent. She hoped it wasn't like the shoot she'd had before today, where she was told to model children's panties. That had turned out to be a scam anyway, and the perverts apprehended by the local authorities.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman on the other side of the door called back immediately, barely waiting for Eve to finish her question. "I got us an interview with Alexander Monroe!" She let's out a bit of a squeal before continuing. "I've been trying to move us up forever, getting in touch with the bigger agencies and everything. I contacted him a couple months ago, and he called me back this morning personally, and told me than he was going to be in town tonight! And he wants to see us!"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve blinked rapidly for a few moments before letting out her own squeal and throwing the door open, "Really!? Could we finally be getting our big break?" Eve grabbed Crystal's hands and started jumping up and down with excitement... then she realized that she was standing there in her own underwear and pulled her manager in and slammed the door.

She took a deep breath and pulled on her ratty jeans, hiking boots, a white tee and her leather jacket. "Alright, what should I wear tonight? Something professional to be sure, but should it be a dress, or should I wear a suit?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Her manager goes right along with it, a massive grin on her face. "You wear a dress, I'll wear a suit. Something simple, I'm sure he'll be more interested in your lines than the dress'. He's arriving rather late, attending to whatever he came here for, then having dinner with us. We're to arrive at the Black Night Inn at Nine, as his guests. Isn't this amazing!" She says, literally trembling with excitement.

((One of the only places easy to do research on :) the Black Night in is a four star hotel, with a five star restaurant, best in town.))

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"You know what this means?" Eve giggled, "Makeover! The pigtail ringlets for my hair, a new dress, and a trip to the beautician's to get my makeup and nails done." She let out a dreamy sigh, "I could finally afford a better apartment, or better yet, a better car..." Then she giggled again, "And that inn? I've never even set foot in there, this is going to be so amazing!"

She grabbed her keys from the dresser and said, "Alright, are you coming with me to pick out a dress? Something elegant and slinky, what color though..." she strode over to the door and held it open.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Crystal shook her head excitedly. "No time! I've got to get your portfolio ready, and I'll need a new suit myself! I'll probably have to max my credit card to get one nice enough, but it'll be so worth it! I'll see you at the Inn, how about eight forty-five? Give us some time to settle before we walk in, right?" She says in a hurry, then rushes off without waiting for an answer, practically prancing out of the changeroom and down the hall, giggling the entire time.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve's face sort of fell, but she put the smile back on and trudged out the door to her car. Sighing, she started the car and drove off to the department store.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Mmm, bah. Kinda disappointing, but might as well time skip to nighttime, assume you got all you needed/wanted with only the required amount of hassle. I'm not really much of a shopper, I do pretty much all of it at Wal-Mart...))

*********Some Time Later*********

Eve pulls into the Inn's parking lot to find Crystal doing her best not to lean against her Hyundai, reduced to pacing around it in circles dressed in a nice business suit with a small binder under her arm. She stalked on over to Eve as she parked, the big grin still on her face. "There you are! Are you all ready? I can't wait!"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve was wearing a slinky blue dress that stopped at the middle of her thighs and a pair of stilettos that had straps wrapped around her ankles. Her hair was done up in her classic pigtail ringlets, and her makeup and nails were both tastefully done by a professional. Her face was carefully schooled into a cool smile. She took a deep breath and nodded, "Lets go see him. I hope i don't end up looking like a complete fool. I look young enough as is." In her hands she held a small clutch purse the same deep blue as her dress. The purse held her wallet and some change, she did want to order wine to go with the meal tonight, and no one would serve her if she didn't wave her ID in their face.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Crystal took a long, deep breath to steady her own jitters, holding it for a moment before letting it go, just as slowly as before.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. Come on then." She said, and they strode off together. A short walk into the building brought them to the entrance of the restaurant portion, stopping by the entrance desk, where a young man seemed to be waiting to seat people. Crystal strode right up to him and began to talk.

"Hello, we're here to see Mr. Monroe." She says softly, trying to speak in a cultured tone.
"Of course, he has just arrived, this way please." He replies easily. He spoke in a good-natured tone, but he must be local, he didn't manage to pull off the 'high society' feel that he probably should have. He led them through the entire restaurant and into a hall on the other side, opening a door at the end into a medium-sized meeting room, where there was a single table set, with three seats. He let them pass, them followed them in.

The man seated at the table rose immediately. He appeared to be in his mid-thirties, and wore a light green outfit that looked to be a modern take on old British attire, with frills down the front and around the elbows. He smiled warmly and started to speak in a friendly tone.

"Greetings, I'm Alexander Monroe, it's a pleasure to meet you both!" Something about him set both women at ease, and Crystal, who had still managed to look nervous the entire walk here, smiled and shook his outstretched hand.
"Oh, the pleasure's our's, I'm sure. I'm Crystal Hanlon, and this is Eve Vosmus. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to see us, I'm sure you must be busy." His smile remained as he shook his head slightly, moving over to shake Eve's hand. "Nonsense, this trip is almost like a vacation to me, and I love taking the time to meet new talent." He replies with a chuckle, looking Eve right in the eyes.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve inclined her head and shook his hand before smiling and looking up into his eyes. When she caught his gaze, she gasped, almost unable to look away, the force of his personality holding her there.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alexander appeared to be in much the same state, his light green eyes locked in place as if he were entranced. after a few awkward seconds, he blinks, then his expression turned apologetic. "I'm terribly sorry, I did not mean to stare. You are simply such a thing of beauty, I could not help myself. Please, sit, and let's all get to know each other." He says, holding a chair out for each of the women in turn, the warm smile back on his face. He takes a seat as well, and the man that followed them chose that moment to approach the table.

"Would the madams like refreshments?" He asks demurely.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve blushed like a schoolgirl as she seated herself, "Thank you for the compliment..." she said quietly, "You're very handsome yourself..." Then she smiled at him and turned to the server, "I'd like a water for now."

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Why thank you Dear." Alexander replies with an easy smile, and he and Crystal order their drinks. Crystal almost immediately starts up a conversation about business, but Alexander stops her with a raised hand. "Please, we can talk business some other time. I'm here tonight to get to know the both of you, which I feel is much more important. Please, tell me about yourselves." He says gently, once again looking directly at Eve, obviously more interested in her than Crystal.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Well, I'm originally from the states." she said, hoping her southern accent wouldn't affect her chances for a big break. "My parents raised me in a bed and breakfast that we owned up in the foothills in Tennessee...." she paused for a minute, trying to think of something else to say, "I also paint landscapes."

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Really?" Alexander says just as the waiter retuned with their drinks. "That's quite interesting. I do some art myself, though I lean more towards sculpture than painting. Do you find interesting landscapes near here, or do you have to go further?" If he so much as noticed her accent, he didn't show it.

Crystal sipped her drink slowly, leaning back a little. It was obvious to Eve that she was a little offput by the lack of attention being paid her, but she realized that this was a good thing, and so stayed quiet.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve nodded, "I have a special place not to far from here that I drive out to every afternoon." She took a sip of her water before continuing, "Do you have a favorite medium for sculpting?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alexander nods, his smile widening a fraction. "I have tried my hand at nearly every kind of medium, but I find that I enjoy the various clays the most. I have a particular love hate relationship with Raku Pottery. I love how the glaze affects the clay, but I have yet to find a way to fire the entire piece in glaze, much to my disappointment."

The waiter comes by again, this time with menus. Alexander declines his politely. "I'm sorry to say that I am quite full, my previous engagement happened to include a full meal. Feel free to order something yourselves though, my treat."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve's eyes widened and she leaned forward excitedly, "I've seen huge Raku kilns specifically for firing large pieces. I'm sure if you spoke to the ceramics teachers at the college they would be willing to either lend, or sell you one of the kilns." then she blushed, "I dabbled in some pottery when I was young." she giggled, "You don't live isolated in the foothills of Tennessee without learning some kind of useful art. I'm not very good though. My bowls all turn out lumpy."

As the server approached with a menu her eyes widened at his remark, and she stammered out, "I'll just have a salad please."