What's new

Prologue - Isabella Frost

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Prologue - Isabella Frost

Raven pales a little, and he takes a minute to collect himself before talking again. When he does, he blurts it out all at once, in a rush. "I'm a vampire. P-p-please don't run!" He says, looking almost scared himself.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, she doesn't run, but he might not like the response he gets, which is her chuckling and looking at him as though she thinks he's pulling her leg. "A vampire?" There's a lot of skepticism in her tone.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Y-yeah..." He says slowly, encouraged by the fact that she is not only still talking to him, but still hugging him as well. "Y-y-you're not afraid?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm not believing it," she replies with another chuckle, her tone more jovial than skeptical or thinking he's insane.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven opens his mouth so she can inspect his teeth. At first, they look normal, nothing out of the ordinary, but as she watches, the canines grow and enlarge, becoming fangs about a half-inch long each. "D-do you believe me n-now?" He says slowly, a faint lisp added to his stutter.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That does cause her to pull away from him, slowly, but still pull away from him. She pinches her eyes shut and shakes her head, blinking them open, her gaze never really leaving his face. "How did you do that?" The slow way she asks that, coupled with her tone, she's still not believing what she's seeing, but he is starting to tread on very dangerous ground at this point, as far as not scaring her goes.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven lets her go, not trying to hold on to her. Instead, he goes and sits on the bench again. He looks up at her hopelessly. "J-j-just, P-please don't r-run..."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Given that she pegged him for a sprinter earlier, running probably wouldn't do her much good anyway. She's willing to let the teeth thing go...for the moment. "What did you mean when you said I wouldn't be safe?" Okay, she can't help it, she starts glancing around, her attention always coming back to him, though.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven answered quietly. "There's a group of v-v-v... vampires prowling the city tonight, t-turning everyone they can into vampires t-t-too, I don't know why. there's g-going to be a massive group of newer vampires in the city after tonight, nobody will be s-s-safe until they get to know themselves better, learn how to control their h-h-hunger..." He says, almost starting to shake despite himself. the teeth had disappeared, and his lisp with it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Vampires," she says, still sounding like she doesn't believe it, even after the teeth. "So..." She lets out a sigh, then another disbelieving chuckle. "So, if these are...bad vampires, does that make you a...good one?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven nods slowly, still sitting on the bench. "I'm n-not convinced the is s-s-such a thing, b-but... Could y-you please t-try not to look like you're g-going to bolt? I'm n-nervous enough already..."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"You're nervous? You're the one talking about vampires." The slight incredulousness takes a bit of her nervous edge off, even if it is slightly at his expense. "So, what made you interested in me? I find it hard to believe you just picked me out of a crowd at random. If you did, I guess that makes me lucky?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven shook his head slowly. "I haven't l-l-lied to you this entire t-time, Bell. I r-really do think I l-l-l... Love you. From the f-first time I saw y-you, I thought you were b-beautiful..." He says, dropping his gaze to look at the face he drew in the sand.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

She shakes her head again. "I think I'm having a harder time believing that than the vampire thing." She sounds flattered and confused at the same time and maybe more nervous about that admission than when he showed her his fangs. She huffs out a breath and tips her gaze up for the moment. He hears her taking in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. She carefully takes a seat on the bench again, minding the portrait, and not sitting as close as she was before, but still close enough to reach over and lay a hand on top of one of his own.

"You deserve to have me be honest with you, too. I meant what I said, about your portrait of me. And I think you are very sweet. I don't know, right now, if I'm in love with you, too, but I trust you and I believe you. You asked me, three times, not to run away, and here I am. So, what happens now?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven holds her hand and gives it a bit of a squeeze, smiling some, but still obviously unsure of himself. "A c-couple things could h-happen, it's up to y-you." He says quietly.

"I-if I j-j-just let you g-go, and s-someone finds out, We'd both be h-hunted down. I could f-feed you some of my b-b... Blood, to make you l-l-loyal to me, b-but it makes you l-l-love me, and I c-couldn't do that. Or I c-could Embrace you, and w-we could tell everyone that it was one of the b-bad vampires, b-but if anyone f-f-found out, we'd be h-h-hunted down again. Or I could f-find someone to erase your m-memory, b-but I d-don't know anyone who c-can..."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"And I left my neuralizer at home," she says quietly as he talks about erasing memories. "Well, with what you told me, even if you did let me go, unless you stayed with me, there's the chance that the bad vampires might find me. I like the idea of free will so, yeah, not a fan of that second one either." She lets out a soft, nervous sounding chuckle at that. "Embrace. You mean make me into a vampire, too? What...happens after that? I mean, I can't exactly head home and surprise my parents with that one. And...what about school? My job?" She stammers in her own right after that. "My life?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven sighs, tilting his head back and looking at the stars while he spoke. "I'm n-not going to l-lie, Bell. You might be able to k-keep it up for a while, b-b-but people s-slip away when you keep c-coming up with excuses never to s-s-see them during the d-day. Even then, they'll n-notice you never age eventually, and it'll b-become easier just to fake your d-death then try to answer all the q-questions..."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Fiction or not, I've read enough books and seen enough movies on the whole...lonely living dead thing to understand that. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And, assuming I had the know-how and the means to do that, what then? How do I...support myself?" She laces her fingers together, leaning forward with her hands pressed to her lips. She's trying to be logical, not difficult. Of course, if she were really being logical, she wouldn't be sitting here, but it was obviously too late for that. "What do you do?"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's actually a lot e-easier than you think. You save a lot of money when you don't n-need food, heat, hot water... I do art commissions, p-people just think I'm eccentric when they find out I only do n-nights. A n-new name every d-decade or so, and I only need t-t-two or three c-commissions a year, so its easy." He explains, which makes a lot of sense.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

It makes sense, but logic is still in the forefront. "But you're an artist. I'm...barely into my third semester of college. I don't even have a...profession yet, unless you count 'Cash or credit?'" She chirps that out in a heavily saccharine manner, though there's a slight crack in her voice. "And no food. Too much to hope the blood thing is fiction, huh?" Something else that he says clicks in her head and she brings her hands up to her mouth again, lowering them slightly. "New name...Please tell me you're not George Stanforth."