What's new

Prologue - Rashar

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Prologue - Rashar

The creature stood up straighter as if offended, and backed slowly away at about half the pace Rashar did, so they gap between them started to shrink. "Hey. Oggly works for Oggly, I ain't got no Masters. Now if you were actually unlucky enough to get caught up in something as a babe, I can guarantee you that they've long forgotten you and yours, like you never even notice ants you step on, man." He says in a tone mixing bewilderment and anger.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I can see through your lies, Agent. You can go back and tell Them that you'll never take me alive! Rashar replies as he closes in on the thing with his talisman. This is it. He'll be able to corner the agent and finally defeat one of them. Then maybe he can find out how to stop Them as well.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Rashar backed the thing calling itself Oggly into a corner easily. though he still gave way slower than Rashar walked, narrowing the gap between them to about five feet by the time he was cornered. "You really are a fucked up kid, you know that?" It said slowly, once it had it's back to a wall. "But honestly, you have no idea what your getting yourself into."

The yo-yo in its hand whipped out sideways in an expanding arc, crashing against Rashar's outstretched hand. The thing felt like it was made of cement, and must have weighed a couple pounds, the pain making his hand go numb and forcing him to drop his talisman. another swing, and the yo-yo smashed against the thing on the ground, completely smashing it, and the monster was on him in a pounce, pinning his arms to each side as it landed on top of him. The maw twisted into a kind of grin, and it spoke again. "What are you going to do now Kid, hmm?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Release me at once, agent! Rashar proclaims as he tries to kick the agent of of himself. How had the agent managed to attack his talisman, it should have held him back. He thinks desperately.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The beast leaned back for a moment, almost as if he was seriously considering the request. After nearly a minute, he reponded. "Nah." He said in a teasing tone, before savagely claming on to his chest with his maw, making Rashar scream in pain. It wasn't just the physical pain either, it felt like every fiber of his being was on fire, twisting in horrible agony.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Gah! Rashar shouts out, trying to free his hands to grab any sort of talisman he can reach. He knows he needs a talisman to help him beat this agent, if only he could get it.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The thing has it's grip on his upper arms only, so he is free to move them from the elbows down. His frantic grasping only nets him ripped chunks of tinfoil and handfuls of goo, unfortunately. He feels himself weakening, and resorts to simply thrashing around, screaming the entire time, trying to both break free and hurt his assailant, but to no avail.

Eventually, his struggles slow, and then cease, as he feels his life almost completely drained away. The beast on top of his finally releases his mouth, and though Rashar's vision has narrowed to the point that he cannot manage to focus at all, he hears a distorted chuckle, and feels something pressed against his lips. He is too weak to resist as a warm fluid seeps into his mouth and down his throat, spreading warmth through his body, but changing it, warping it somehow...

He hears a crash like glass breaking, and suddenly the thing is torn from his lips, stopping the flow of liquid into his body. Rashar slowly fades from consciousness, the crashes of a fight going on around him...

Rashar slowly slips back into consciousness, and is almost immediately assaulted by a piece of himself, slavering in hunger. Without him trying, his body rises to its feet and looks around. He is still in his bedroom, broken wards and talismans all around him. A woman shares the room with him, a lithe redhead watching him cautiously. Instictually, he knows that she is like him somehow, but he hungers for what she has, the blood in her veins, all the same.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So, they tried to twist me into one of their agents have they? I guess she's the one whose supposed to finish inducting me... Well we'll see about that. Rashar thinks before bowing to his hunger and lunging towards the woman in an attempt to grab her..

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Rashar gave in to his urge to feed, and lunged at the woman. She was nimble enough to get out of the way, however, though just barely.

"Son of a bitch! Why didn't you remind me they got hungry when they wake up?" She says in an angry tone of voice. Rahshar lunges at her again, but she dodges again, by a larger margin this time. She started talking again, seemingly holding a monologue with herself, still gracefully dancing away from avery frenzied attampt by Rashar to get a hold of her.

"Well thanks, I'm so glad to know that you're such a sport... Hey, I woke up under six feet of dirt with three other crazed licks, alright? This is completely different!... No, stay put, I got it. I got enough to share, I'll just have to find a snack after this..."

She let out a sigh, and raised her wrist up to her mouth, slicing it open with a bite andetting the blood flow, driving Rashar to new heights of ravenous hunger. He pounced at her again, and this time she didn't dance away, letting him grab her arm and latch onto her wrist, greedily sucking at the wound. As he fed, Rashar felt his own self come back, further in control than before, now that the hunger inside him seemed to be sating...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Pushing himself back, Rashar looks at the woman. What did you agents do to me? He growls out with menace.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman Brought her wrist up to her own mouth, giving it a lick before dropping her arm back to her side. The wound seems to have closed over completely.

"Agents? What are you talking about?" She asks, looking genuinely confused.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Don't lie to me. I know you're working for Them. They've been after me since I survived the burning down of the apartment building when I was 8. Rashar replies. The agent seems to have had a lot of practice lying. If he didn't know better, he would have thought she had told the truth with that last statement.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

This only seemed to confuse her more. "Working for them?" She says, pointing her finger in what Rashar assumes to be the direction the other one left in. "I used to, but that's 'cause I was a poor unfortunate like you, and didn't know any better. I've been trying to kill that one for weeks, but he keeps slipping away from me. I ran all the way from downtown when I heard the screaming, just to try and stop him before he could kill you. Looks like he decided a worse fate for you."

Raashar can't help but feel that she's sincere, even though he should know better...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Who are you? Rashar replies, eyes starting to scan the room for an intact talisman.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Rashar spots a couple that look undamaged. The one that called itself Oggly must not have had time to tamper with all of them.

The woman leant back against the wall, obviously starting to feel secure that Rashar wasn't going to try and jump her. "I'm River. And we're both Vampires, to answer your next question." She says calmly.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Oh? And how can I tell that you aren't trying to trick me or that you really work for Them Rashar says, emphasizing the final word as he lunges for one of the talismans to brandish at the woman.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman calling herself River sighed, and raised her hand, counting off points. "Well, let's see. You have fangs, you drink blood. This was caused by someone else who had fangs, albeit sort of, that guys an ugly fuck, and drinks blood. Oh, and do you have a mirror ha-the fuck?" She says, pushing away from the wall as he dived for one of the baubles on the floor, though she did nothing else.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Now let's see what you do when confronted with this! Rashar cries out, thrusting the talisman at the woman. If she is an agent, she would obviously be forced back. If she isn't, then she'll be unaffected.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Rashar wouldn't say the woman was unaffected, but she definitely wasn't forced back. She shivered some, but looked more annoyed than anything else. "Yes, that's very shiny. What are you trying to prove?" She asks blandly.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well, if you were one of Their agents like that last one, then you would have been forced back. Maybe you're telling the truth after all. Rashar says although he doesn't lower the hand holding the talisman.