What's new

Random Fortress

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now when I am back, and ain't tired as fuck, lemme redo this.

I've also updated Random Fortress a bit, fixed some oddities with the secret race and whatnot, and tweaked the other races a tiny amount.

Anyways, Random Fortress, as a name, is twofold; Firstly, it is moddified by me, and secondly, the race you play as is Random*.

The So-called "Secretrawrraperace"? Dark Elves. Crappy, recolored, evil versions of Elves that uses metal.

There was something else... Ah yes.

Random Fortress Folder/raw/objects/entity_default.txt

Remove [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from races you don't want as random picks. Or remove it from all but one and play ONLY as that race. Might need to generate a new world for that though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Random Fortress

EDIT2: Not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

There's no game quite like DF.

I was actually thinking of starting a succession game here when I had more free time.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

*read comments, inserts the iamdisappoint.jpg pic*

Gee. Thanks for the positive comments. Sure warms my heart, and all those other sarcastic remarks. :|

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

It's nice (world gen runs quite a bit faster for some reason), but it just doesn't hit the right places for me. I genned a world and got stuck with elves. Stinking, We-don't-strike-the-earth-we-eat-enemies-corpses-killing-any-plants-or-animals-is-evil elves! They can't even take axes at embark so you can FORCE them to chop down trees!

Still, I bet this would appeal to some.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I genned a world and got stuck with elves. Stinking, We-don't-strike-the-earth-we-eat-enemies-corpses-killing-any-plants-or-animals-is-evil elves!"

I think I removed the whole eating corpses deal for Elves, and generally made them more snugglycuddly. In return I made Dark Elves worse. If I recall correctly.

"They can't even take axes at embark so you can FORCE them to chop down trees!"

... Now, that's something I need to look into to see if I can fix. :\ They should at least be capable of using WOOD durnit.

Thanks for the input at least!

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed, but how else will the damn elves get their damned wooden weapons? =P
Or huts. Or beds. <_<

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I normally test all my traps on elves. It's like animal testing, except nobody cares about the elves.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Been prodding elves a bit, gonna add a so-called "Handaxe" to them, which'll allow them to cut tree's. Might see into adding more race-specific weapons too, but not sure there.

I'm taking suggestions for stuff I can -try- to add, and tbh, it'd be jawesome if I could find someone to do leetle, tiny 16x16 pixel sprites incase we try to add an entirely new race, and not just my crappy recolors. =P

Or I dunno. I has attention problems. Taking suggestions anyways.

... Did'ya know that Elves has thongs as equipment?

miezebieze

Lurker
Reputation score

mehw. I can't find the download link for the Linux Version and with Wine it won't work for me.

Edit: Now after I switched the virtual desktop off, it works fine in it's wine-dow.
Edit2: And crashed my x-session after quitting properly. Have I done something wrong?

Last edited:

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Can anyone summarise the main changes in this mod?

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Main Changes" would just include that Apart from the Dwarves, the Humans, Elves, Kobolds, Goblins and an Added New Race(Dark Elf) is playable.

Still need tweaking. Humans and Dark Elves should largely be playable, and Dwarves too of course. The others, perhaps a bit less.

It also includes a not-too-perfect Graphic Set, the race/animal ones should work to a better degree, but the Tileset is modified by me, which might make some things look a bit awkward sometimes. |:

... I guess that's a basic setup. |: Sorry?