OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Realm of Siphoreus

Due to laptop shitting out on me, I'll be short:

1: Area damage only hurts enemies. Area healing only heals allies.

2: I am currently thinking of a "Center+Adjacent" kind of thing. Like your first example.

3: Go ahead and plan your future faction. But don't forget to think of the future, As example, my sample faction up there? Later on I would add High Elves for Archers and Magicians.

Sidenote: I am thinking of throwing in Large Units(2x1), and Huge Units(2x2).
Imagine a Hill Giant as Large, and a Dragon as Huge.

In Comparison:

Normal Unit: Max 500g Cost, 100HP Base. No Minimum Cost
Large Unit: Max 800g Cost, 100HP Base. 500g Minimum Cost
Huge Unit: Max 1400g Cost, 200HP Base. 1000g Minimum Cost

Of course, some Racial Bonuses might be allowed to be taken more times than usual for Large and Huge units, just so you can really make them unique. <.<

PS: Was also thinking of Flying Race, you know, Can't be struck by Melee weapons?

PPS: Would you people prefer having "Magic" as "Magic" only now, or split it up into "Fire", "Frost", "Storm" and "Poison"? <.<

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I would say, if you do multiple magic types, to either have it be that you can make four different mage types with each channeling one magic, or have it be that magic types are stylistic only and only have different effects in freeform playing. (I would prefer the latter to start with. We could always implement a magic system after we have established that everything else works.)

Also, flying units: possibly a good idea, however, I would simply see it that if the flying unit wanted to be safe from melee then it would have to only use ranged attacks from the air. Also, a flying unit would not be able to prevent melee attacks on the back row while flying. Another note on flyers: I would see it coming into a system all on its own with possibly one side using a dragon or other flying monster and another possibly fighting back with air skiffs which simply served as flying platforms for troops.

A possible battle with lying units might even work out like this:

|Dragon |- |[A1][A3]|
|______|- |[A2][P1]| <-- Small Airship with 3 archers and 1 pilot

[C1][A1][M1]-[__][__][__]
[C2][A2][M2]-[__][__][__]
[C3][A3][M3]-[__][__][__]
[C4][A4][M4]-[__][__][__] <--- Both sides same down here

A=archer
M=melee
C=caster
P=pilot

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

For the flying race, how about just an ability for units to make them fly, because otherwise you could stack your entire front row with them and have them have heavy magic and ranged resistance. If the unit isn't using the ability, then they could be hit with melee.

Otherwise, you could make it so that they take extra damage from other sources

And splitting up the magic would make it more interesting. I'd really like to light some of my enemies on fire.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

If the entire front row is flying, we'll just have a rule that says that the backrow then can be attacked by melee.

And hell, just as Large and Huge creatures have extra benefits, Flying ones would have penalties.

Right, I will try to look at splitting up magic types.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

=Arkanon War-Priest=
Health Points: +100
HP/LvL-Up: +5HP
Healing/LvL-Up: +4
MelDMG/LvL-Up: +1
+2 Magic Avoids
+1 Melee Avoid
Proficiencies: Light Staff, Medium Blunt Melee, Heavy Robes, Lesser Direct Healing Scrolls, Lesser Attack Buff Scrolls
I though you said we coud only have 3 proficiencies: 2 attack 1 armor?
It looks like the priest has 4 attack and 1 armor.

Edit: Additionally, if we 'upgrade' a unit to a stronger variant with better gear will the cost to convert the unit simply be the difference in gear pricing?

Last edited:
OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry, I forgot to add that Clerics and Magicians have 2 Scroll Slots/Picks aswell.

Not to mention I seem to have missed a few small details up in the class sheets...

Edit: Actually, if you just want to equip a Unit with a better weapon, you can either save the old weapon, or sell it off for half it's original price. But you lost me with "'upgrade' a unit to a stronger variant"...

Last edited:

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

I think what he means is, if I've got a basic Soldier, and I've got another unit template that's similar, but stronger and it costs more, could I just upgrade the unit for the difference in costs?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Basically I was planning on having my units progress from Apprentice Spellcaster -> Journeyman Spellcaster -> Master Spellcaster
and the same for melee units with the difference marked by a progression from normal equipment to masterwork equipment to magical equipment

Basically their gear gets upgraded and their prefixes change.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mage Citadel of Shava, -Insert history here-.

Faction Funds: 5000g
Faction Buildings: 1 "Battlemage Academy", 1 "Golem Factory"

-=Faction Races=-

Shavaen Crystal-Symbiont
HP: 100
HP/LvL: 10
MelDMG/LvL: 1
RanDMG/LvL: 1
MagDMG/LvL: 4
Healing/LvL: 4
+1 Physical Avoidance
Cost Base: 390g

Golem
HP/LvL: 15
MagDMG/LvL: 1
Healing/LvL: 1
Cost Base: 60g

-=Faction Classes=-

Shavaen Battlemage
MagDMG/LvL-Up: +3
+3 Magic Avoids
Proficiencies: Light Piercing melee, Heavy Staves, Greater Direct Damage Scrolls, Greater Area Damage Scrolls, Light Robes

Shavaen Healer
Health Points: +100
HP/LvL-Up: +5HP
Healing/LvL-Up: +4
MelDMG/LvL-Up: +1
+2 Magic Avoids
+1 Melee Avoid
Proficiencies: Light Blunt Weapon, Heavy Staves, Greater Direct Healing Scrolls, Greater Area Healing Scrolls, Medium Armor

War Golem
Health Points: +200
HP/LvL-Up: +20HP
MelDMG/LvL-Up: +3
+2 Melee Avoids
Proficiencies: Large Blunt Melee, Medium Armor, Heavy Shields

-=Ready Units=-

Apprentice Shavaen Battlemage (960gp)
HP/LvL: 10
MagDMG/LvL: 7
Healing/LvL: 4
Weapon: Empty
Staff: Sigil Staff (Heavy Staff)
Scroll1: Soul Beam (Greater Direct Damage Scroll), 60 Magic Damage
Scroll2: Empty
Armor: Green Silk Robe (Light Robe)
Resistances: 50% Magic Resistance
+1 Physical Avoidance
+3 Magic Avoids

Apprentice Shavaen Healer (980gp)
HP: 200
HP/LvL: 15
MelDMG/LvL: 2
MagDMG/LvL: 4
Healing/LvL: 8
Weapon: Empty
Staff: Sigil Staff (Heavy Staff)
Scroll1: Starlight (Greater Direct Healing Scroll), 100 Healing
Scroll2: empty
Armor: Green Leather Armor (Medium Armor)
Resistances: 15% Slashing and Piercing Resistance
+1 Physical Avoidance
+2 Magic Avoids
+1 Melee Avoid

Basic War Golem (430gp)
HP: 300 60gp
HP/LvL: 35
MelDMG/LvL: 4
MagDMG/LvL: 1
Healing/LvL: 1
Weapon: Plated Fists (Heavy Blunt Melee), 100
Shield: Dual Mage Iron Bucklers (Heavy Shield)
Armor: Green Mage Iron Plating (Medium Armor)
Resistances: 25% Slashing and Piercing Resistance, 10% Blunt Resistance
+2 Melee Avoids
+4 Physical Avoids

-=Faction Buildings=-

Shavaen Battlemage Academy
Health: 1000
Resistance: 75% Slashing & Piercing Resistance, 25% Blunt Resistance
Produces: Sigil Staves (Heavy Staff), Soul Beam (Greater Direct Damage Scroll), Green Silk Robe (Light Robe)
Service: Recruits Apprentice Shavaen Battlemages

Shavaen Golem Factory
Produces: Fist Plating (Heavy Blunt Melee), Mage Iron Bucklers[pair] (Heavy Shield), Green Mage Iron Plating (Medium Armor)
Service: Constructs Basic War Golems

(Not yet built)
Shavaen Healer Academy
Produces: Sigil Staves (Heavy Staff), Starlight (Greater Direct Healing Scroll), Green Leather Armor (Light Robe)
Service: Recruits Apprentice Shavaen Healers

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Finally finished that. It's my basic idea for my faction.

In other news, I seem to have triple posted.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I guess we can have a simple rule that you can "Reschool" a unit for 100g, leaving it's old class and taking on another one?

Not that I see much of a point in it, Unless you mean going from a Magician class using Light Staves and Lesser Scrolls, to a Magician Class using Heavy Staves and Greater Scrolls or something.

*Thinks...* I think I like the concept of your Faction, Pheonix. Although, Keep in mind that you might have to remake parts, if not all, of it from scratch once things get set up for real, Considering the fact I am thinking of messing some things up in a goodbad kinda way.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

It's kind of more along the lines of moving from an apprentice mage class or basic golem class and moving to a journeyman mage class or advanced golem class both of which use masterwork items instead of basic items.

Edit: as for the the faction idea, it's the basic unit ideas churned out for the faction. Even if you throw in some changes, the theme is the more important thing. Basically a race of humans fused with magical organic crystals that use golems for any physical work.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd more go for the "Reschooling" thing at 100g. It's simply put, "Cleaner" and Easier that way than making some... dunno, whatever you're speaking of that I can't fully wrap my mind around at the moment.

Also.

I mentioned the "Weekly Income" idea in a few earlier posts, Would you people go "Yay!" or "Nay!" at that idea?

Lessay a Faction have 500g Weekly Income. Then there is the "Weekly income" topic, where people must make 1 post in every week, with the weeks number. Lessay: "Week 12, RK Claims 500g", Then next week, I post "Week 13, RK Claims 500g", but then next week, incase I am lazy, I -can't- go back, in Week 15, and say "RK claims 1000g, from both Week 14 and Week 15".

Basicly, It's a kind of "Activity Check", with those being arsed enough to do it, get some rewards for it, And considering it's a single post, every week, It shouldn't be too hard to keep track of it, Right?

And if we have this Weekly Income thing, then, by all means, we can have cashbringing buildings! *RK places out fifty or so Brothels in his city, is then brutally mauled*

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

As long as there are income increasing buildings then that would be fine. (500gp per weak is incredibly small when you think about the pricing of units: a strong unit with basic equipment cost, in my opinion, is around 1000gp and a weak one with basic gear is near 500gp.)

Also, I'm think of throwing together a huge unit as a way to test the system. It should be up shortly.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Err... Yeah, Alright, How about 2000g as base weekly income? And then I'll have buildings for 500g each that adds an extra +100g Weekly Income?
Theres also 2000g cost buildings that adds +5% Gold from Weekly Income & Battles being made in this very moment.
(The building can be built up to 4 times, And the % bonus applies after the building which gives a flat +100g)

... Also, The Large/Huge creature systems ain't fully done yet... D:
I am currently doing some revisions, then I will add it all to the first post.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Race
Shavaen Siege Cannon
Gargantuan Race (500gp)
HP: 500
HP/LvL: 50+50=100(300gp)
MelDMG/LvL: 10
RanDMG/LvL: 10+10=20
MagDMG/LvL: 10
Monstrous Ranged: 150 Blunt Damage
Toughness: lvl 10 (300gp)
Accuracy: lvl 10 (300gp)
Resist All 20% (1050gp)

Cost Base: 2450gp

That is the best huge ranged unit I could come up with using the current caps. Also, note this is only as a way of testing to see how things come out. It will be changed before one of these every is built.

Edit: Also, designing this thing somewhat amuses me.

Edit2: Updated with system adjustments.

Last edited:
OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

First Post. Majorly Updated. x_x

And if I may be so bold, I'd like the willing ones to read it over atleast halfly, and then, please, point out glaring flaws here and there.

The more you question, the more I have to answer, and the more we might be able to fix before the game goes live.

PS: Fun to hear you like designing the stuff? =p

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'm guessing by Gargant you mean Gargantuan.

The rogue strikes me as odd due to something labeled 'level bonuses'

Giant enchantments seem to increase damage by XX

Faction Relic?

Edit: Battlefield sizes (AKA how many squares does it take up) for different sizes?

Last edited:
OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, haha, The rogue stuff? Thats from the older versions. xP

... Yeah, I forgot to fix what value that one was gonna add, damagewise, Giant Enchantment that is.

Faction Relic will basicly be 1 piece of Weapon, something or other, which will have some pretty insane stats or something. All i've thought of thus far. Of course, it'll be a one-at-a-time thing.

... Elaborate that last one again?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You meantioned in your first description of sized units that the bigger the unit the more spots it takes up. (A normal unit took up one spot, a larger unit took up a 2x1 spot, and a huge took up a 2x2 spot: how much room does it take to fit a gargantuan?)