What's new

[Request] Make a subforum for RPG Maker games

Status
Not open for further replies.

goduranus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There's very many RPG Maker games in the general forum, pushing the other games back into forum pages.
I feel that most RPG Maker games are all somewhat similar, and draw on the same crowd, while the people looking for other game are of a different crowd. Could we put all RPG Maker games in a subforum so each crowd will find it easier to find their games?

Last edited:

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Request] Make a subforum for RPG Maker games

There's very many RPG Maker games in the general forum, pushing the other games back into forum pages.
I feel that most RPG Maker games are all somewhat similar, and draw on the same crowd, while the people looking for other game are of a different crowd. Could we put all RPG Maker games in a subforum so each crowd will find it easier to find their games?
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27991

An entire discussion about just that. Also, just because YOU don't like RPG Maker games does not mean we should reformat an entire public forum around your preferences. I'd strongly suggest using the tagging system to sort for the games you'd like. I personally would much, much rather see all the games in one grand forum so I can easily peruse the most popular things--just my opinion though.

Rithly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

An entire discussion about just that. Also, just because YOU don't like RPG Maker games does not mean we should reformat an entire public forum around your preferences. I'd strongly suggest using the tagging system to sort for the games you'd like. I personally would much, much rather see all the games in one grand forum so I can easily peruse the most popular things--just my opinion though.
He did not say anything about liking or disliking RPGMaker games, just that most of them are rather similar to one another and that this could be a viable reason to sort them all into one sub-forum, much like the MnF games recently were.

Please curb your hostility, the world is not out to get you.

While we are on the subject though, I do agree with him as I believe it is much more inconvenient to sift through oceans of RPGMaker games to find the ones that aren't, or to manually search by tags using the search engine every time versus simply clicking one more time to go to a different sub-forum, or change my bookmarks one time, a 5 second process.

Where they are located does not change their popularity in the slightest.

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If there wil be sub forum parts for RPG, might as wel sub all the other genre's and game types as wel while we are at it.

I get that its a bit frustrating to have to go through all the RPG games to try and find the few non-RPG's, cause lets be frank, most of the more streamlined or played H-games are RPG maker games.

Mostly due to them being the more easy route for designers/game devs, etc to make a decent game without having to make an entire engine, or use difficult mechanics for coding etc...

I personaly dont see much issue in RPG being alongside all the other games, on the other hand I am not against putting it in sub-forums.

Also I dont feel that anyone is attacking anyone here, everyone is just stating their opinion, from what I read, but I might not read into things that others might see.

Lets all keep civil, give our personal opinion and not get into attacking or personal retorts. Those wil only lead to more of those and also doesnt do good cause to wichever side of the conversation anyone is lets say.

Jeb!

Banned
Reputation score

Says the friggin guy with 9 posts..... and at the same time as another fake account who dared to open like 10 threads about 5 year old games.
Bet it's the same guy who opened 2 fake accounts.

I wondered how anyone could be as retarded as pervin but apparently it is just someone opening 2 fake accounts and trying to be as dumb as possible.

Comments on this Post
While I would agree with you to a certain degree, there are certainly less hostile ways to voice your opinion...
havez morz neg rep

The dark side is strong in me. I want to have a red lightsaber as large as my cock. So at least 25 cm.

Last edited:

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He did not say anything about liking or disliking RPGMaker games, just that most of them are rather similar to one another and that this could be a viable reason to sort them all into one sub-forum, much like the MnF games recently were.

Please curb your hostility, the world is not out to get you.

While we are on the subject though, I do agree with him as I believe it is much more inconvenient to sift through oceans of RPGMaker games to find the ones that aren't, or to manually search by tags using the search engine every time versus simply clicking one more time to go to a different sub-forum, or change my bookmarks one time, a 5 second process.

Where they are located does not change their popularity in the slightest.
Not sure how hostile it is to point that out. Once again, there is a "Forum Development" area, there is a specific thread dealing with this exact issue. Seems redundant to invite another series of inconsequential posts about it.

Personally, I voted FOR a genre option, but as people discussed options, figured one big mashup is probably best. It's all there in that thread.

Rithly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not sure how hostile it is to point that out. Once again, there is a "Forum Development" area, there is a specific thread dealing with this exact issue. Seems redundant to invite another series of inconsequential posts about it.

Personally, I voted FOR a genre option, but as people discussed options, figured one big mashup is probably best. It's all there in that thread.
He was wrong to open up a new thread about this and you were right to point him to the correct place.

I specifically meant the "Also, just because YOU don't like RPG Maker games does not mean we should reformat an entire public forum around your preferences." bit. Generally, a statement like that is meant in a hostile way by someone who is hostile to a change they don't like. You see it all the time in discussions about changing things. If you didn't mean it like that then I apologize, it is often difficult to ascertain the exact way things are meant, as simple text-based communication lacks tone.

That Jeb! guy needs a chill pill though.

OnyxShadow

Reputation score

It kinda makes sense to have a subsection for RPG Maker games. From what I've seen, there are two very discrete reactions to the platform as a whole.

1) There's some good stuff. I like it.
2) Every single title is a waste of time.

Because of that and because RPG Maker releases are so plentiful its a good candidate for a sub-forum.

At the end of the day it doesn't really bother me that much. The first thing I do when logging into ULMF is scan for RPG Maker games and put the threads in my ignore list (thanks for adding that functionality, BTW). It takes a few seconds and is barely a hassle.

kayhole

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Makes sense for RPG maker to have its own sub forum, but would wolf be grouped in as well?

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well at any rate, he gota lil attention since he aint been back to add nuthin, thats all he was after apparently.

autizboyz

Reputation score

Says the friggin guy with 9 posts..... and at the same time as another fake account who dared to open like 10 threads about 5 year old games.
Bet it's the same guy who opened 2 fake accounts.

I wondered how anyone could be as retarded as pervin but apparently it is just someone opening 2 fake accounts and trying to be as dumb as possible.
Lol dafuk is wrong with you, every single post you made are hostile lol.

About the topic discussion, i kinda agree since there are alot rpg maker game in this forum it will be easier for people who are intrest on rpg maker game, But it will be a pain in the ass for the admin to move every single thread that out there to that section not to mention the old thread too.

Demontom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I personally don't feel RPGs should be moved to a separate subforum. Mostly because it becomes more and more of a hassle to check out all of the new threads being made if they're divided between an ever increasing number of forums. I like how it is now, because we don't need to look in two, three, or four different places to find the various threads.

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I personally don't feel RPGs should be moved to a separate subforum. Mostly because it becomes more and more of a hassle to check out all of the new threads being made if they're divided between an ever increasing number of forums. I like how it is now, because we don't need to look in two, three, or four different places to find the various threads.
I have to agree. Also, if we move all the RPG discussion out we'd be left with a pretty dead forum. It would actually make more sense to move all other genres out than to make the main forum "sleepy", but I'd still rather keep them together.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If that's the case then just make two sub-forums. One for RPG-Maker games and the other for everything else.

Because if you make a sub-forum for RPG Maker games, people will be wondering why the main hentai game forum is more or less dead, and if you leave the RPG Maker games here and move the others, people will be wondering why does the main hentai game forum have only RPG Maker games...

Best solution? Use the search function and bookmark the games you like. We really don't need more dead sub-forums...

ermiz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Or you can simply do what I do and use thread tools > ignore thread whenever a shitty new RPG maker game comes out.

Jeb!

Banned
Reputation score

Or you can simply do what I do and use thread tools > ignore thread whenever a shitty new RPG maker game comes out.
Can I also use the thread tools to ignore whatever shitty message you may post to torture us next?

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Probably wrong section for this thread, but while we're at it: I'd actually prefer a seperation of Western and Japanese games. I think the Western market has grown enough by now to justify a seperation.
Also; I try my best not to be rude, but the overwhelming majority of western projects simply annoy me, because its flooded with very low-effort projects (you'll know which ones I mean). I've probably put around 20 threads on "ignore" already. I personally would really appreciate seperate sub-forums because of this. We have enough actually GOOD western projects that would still direct traffic to the western subforum, so it wouldn't doom all projects to obscurity.
I couldn't come up with any reason not to do this, aside from technical issues maybe.

Oh, and on topic: There's already an "RPG" tag, I don't know what your issue is. You'll run out of ACT games eventually anyways, so better get comfortable with the concept of RPGs

Status
Not open for further replies.