What's new

Rinet's Quest (take a look!) [eng]

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Rinet's Quest (take a look!) [eng]

Just had a question. Do you update monthly or just whenever you feel like?
Monthly so far, near the end of the month. The next update gets a slight delay for an early December release.

prinnyleader77

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Woah, nice find! Thanks man!
Fixed.

No problem man! Actually, going deeper into the game examining everything possible I found another one (not game breaking though), when you are pursuing the mayor and inspect the carriage you enter a fight after the cutscene right? Well if you inspect the carriage again after the fight the scene will play again and you will enter the same fight again. Its not really that big of a deal but I supposed it shouldn't happen, you can grind that same fight all you want.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

...Well if you inspect the carriage again after the fight the scene will play again and you will enter the same fight again. Its not really that big of a deal but I supposed it shouldn't happen, you can grind that same fight all you want.
Oh, yes, I remember this happening to me too. Approach the door and the event starts again.

OP
StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

AARRRGGHHH! How did this one passed?

Ok, fixed. Thank you guys.

flarglberg

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey Mate! Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to taking a look at your game. Quite honestly I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. Just wanted to give you a quick review since you've been really good about releasing everything free to the public, and feedback might help inspire you to keep up with it. :p

Things I Liked:

1) Very detailed, well fleshed out world and combat system. I haven't really played so many MV games, but the system you have is a really cool way to take advantage of the dual protagonist thing you got going. Explaining how and why powers work is also cool.

2) Love the art. Custom spriting is always a plus. Whichever artist you tapped is really good at what they do.

3) Very distinct protagonists. I never got the sense that they were cookie cutter characters or just flip sides of the other.

Things You Might Consider for the Future:

1) You need more visual H. This might be a commission problem, but in general I felt that most of the H content was only accessible through side quests. I'm not sure if this was by design or not, but weaving it in a bit more might help keep people engaged. Text-based H just doesn't do it for me.

2) You did an awesome job making a unique world, but you might wanna consider easing up a bit on the text walls. Seems like your English is fluent, but a lot of your audience here probably isn't. I know you lost me quite a bit when the RPG started to feel more like a VN. If you cap it a bit then you might be able to expand your player base.

3) Consider sprite H content. Your artist (if it isn't you) seems up to the task, and this might be easier than full blown CG's. Plus it might be reusable.

4) Revamp your intro page on this thread. Screens are all good, but tell us about the story, what kind of content you want to put in (fetish wise or not), keep the change log in front so its easily accessible, etc. Check out the pages for Alansya Chronicles and Aylia's Story if you need decent examples. Pretty much make it your Patreon Summary, but mini.

5) Tell us when our decisions matter. If the shadows didn't, give us something before it that will so we don't freak out after and play it over again unnecessarily.

In the end I think you're doing well! Don't let this review colour things for your either way, and feel free to debate or reject anything I say here. Just wanna to tell you to keep at it if this is what you're passionate about. Good luck.

OP
StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

First of all, thanks for using your time to get me a review, it really helps out.

About the things to consider:

1> I concur, but it is a "money" problem. The game is not going well enough for me to pay for new HCGs... If I try to make the game more slowly, it would not be fair to my patreons.

2: You think so? To tell you the truth, I had the impression that I was not writing very much... : P
In what context you mean that? Plotwise or h-content?(Or the two?)

(I mean, in the first H-content of the game, there is alot of "oh..." and "ah..." and not description... Perhaps I will rewrite some of that...)

3> I could make it (It's me who does the charset and sv_actors) but I really don't like "sprite-sex", sorry.

4> I will do that after the next update, just to post the prologue 100% done.

5> Yeah... I have mixed feelings about that. I want people to play and choose with their gut, so I don't know how much I should spoil about the decisions... What I can say is that the only decision that didn't "matter" was the "Gamaz is thristy", aside from that one, every decision matter. (Perhaps the point is how much they matter?)

I want all to keep in mind that, I don't make "good/bad" choices. Killing all, some or none of the shadows have good repercussions and bad ones, "do what you want". Seriosly.

(I think the next update will answer all that...)

PS: To tell you the truth, in my original plan, there was not a full h-scene on the prologue (Only the "where you pass the night" ones). I put all that because I felt it was lacking H-content... : P

demidemon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

this game has a decent story,

nice battle system,

skill system (you can pick your skills as you level up)

stats system (but currently you just don't get enough stats points to see a difference)

quests with multiple choices and consequences (and nice replayability i suppose)

basically you can find what you need for a proper rpg

So, is this a good HENTAI game?
I honestly don't know.

There are great scenes in the game:

(cut from the official trailer)

HOWEVER, the game just lack those things that make a hentai game. You don't feel like you are "progressing" for hscenes. From the very beginning Zack is good with women and Dianna gets to f*** whoever she wants. There's no need to grind/level charm (yet) or corrupting Dianna into a slut etc. No battle rape/battle fuck/seduce, no game over rape. There aren't anything like: Scene1 Work as a bar maid with revealing clothes, Scene2 get grope unwillingly, Scene3 flashing to customers, Scene4 give BJ or fk customers. I'm not saying that's the only way to make a hgame but right now you don't feel like you are playing a hgame at all.

Maybe it will be better when more h events are added to the game... or maybe it won't....

Last edited:

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Tried this game, at 1½ hours not single h-sceme....
Fights are ok but there is looong sections of game that only heal that you have is potions so stack alot of them!
Personaly i ran out of potions 2-3 times and had to load earlies save to have any change to continue.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

HOWEVER, the game just lack those things that make a hentai game. You don't feel like you are "progressing" for hscenes. From the very beginning Zack is good with women and Dianna gets to f*** whoever she wants.
I agree. I like that both Diana and Zack are cocky and very much confident with their sexuality, but it does detract from the challenge of reaching those scenes. There is little to look forward to, if you have it all from the get go.

The game has a good story so far and interesting characters. The battle system is not just the usual filler and there are some very well made quests in the prologue. But it lacks on the sexual department.

- The first pair of scenes at the library came very fast and without much development. Especially for Diana, we barely got to know her and she already had sex with an old guy (And I don't mind the old guy. Quite the contrary, I like it dirty. It just happened too fast.).

- The second encounters were like a time out between the gameplay. And they were announced long before they happened. And that's not fun, at least for me.

- The last encounter before the end of the prologue was no better. Out of the blue, a trivial scenes with characters we barely met. I actually choose to avoid them, just because both felt out of place.

Again, despite my issues with the game, the potential and the quality base are there. Now that the prologue is over and the game would most probably open up. New characters, side quests and activities, may deliver on those missing elements.

Last edited:

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Your game is really good.

Still, i feel like it's a very good RPG with H-scenes, they're integrated in the story but not really in the gameplay, if you know what i mean.

"Random" H-scenes now and then with stranger lifting a skirt or groping the female main character is a good way to keep the player in a good mood ;-)

also, we like grinding H stats / relashionship stats to unlock H-content.

Well, i didn't re-try the game from the beginning nor the last version so that might be changing according to a screenshoot above.

Maybe you should also make an effort into advertising.
Your game definitely deserves more attention and support and i'm sure it's going to happen.

OP
StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone! I am just here to say that version 0.07 is done and you can grab it on my page.

(Link in my signature)

Demidemon
Well, you spoke the truth about the game and I like to comment on it as well. In the actual update (Ch1) I started a new mechanic that let the party member have two bars, "respect" and "affection". You, futurely, will have the opportnity to unlock new H-scenes using these status.

I didn't try to put them before, because in the prologue, they would be irrelevant... As from the other tropes...
No battle rape/battle fuck/seduce, no game over rape. There aren't anything like: Scene1 Work as a bar maid with revealing clothes, Scene2 get grope unwillingly, Scene3 flashing to customers, Scene4 give BJ or fk customers.
I don't believe that this is the type of story that I want to write. Don't get me wrong, there are titles when this works and I even like some of them in some contexts... It's just that I don't feel like them apply to my story/characters.

But I am glad that you gave it a chance and took your own conclusions. If you want to give it another chance and play the updates, you are more than welcome.

Exsalent
Tried this game, at 1½ hours not single h-sceme....
Fights are ok but there is looong sections of game that only heal that you have is potions so stack alot of them!
Personaly i ran out of potions 2-3 times and had to load earlies save to have any change to continue.
Before the test you can rest in a little bedroll in the ground, on the training room. After that you can rest on the tavern for free.
The H-scenes before the test are secret ones.. The later ones need the respective quest do be done.

Combustion man
Maybe you should also make an effort into advertising.
Your game definitely deserves more attention and support and i'm sure it's going to happen.
I will! I finally believe that I got a good chunk of gameplay and that the actual game is polished enough to advertise(I mean, remember the anmations? Ugh...)

Also, thanks everyone for the feedback and support!

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

And I was just wondering what was happening with this - thanks for sharing! Ready to jump in again...:D

Hoboy

Reputation score

Ran into an issue - not sure if it's Mac version related or not (don't know why) but at the start (the feast) when I attack the mayor's guards I select my 3 attacks but it then hangs up and won't continue. Tried it 3 different times...:confused:

OP
StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have no idea what this can be. Can you send me your save?

PS: Did you update the battlers? I made a post about it in my page. If not, press U during the game.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Reputation score

That was it - should have gone to your site...thanks!

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I do really like that this is a very gamey kind of game and it has a decent story.

While the sex scenes are not integrated into the game in the way that I would prefer I do want the project to continue.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Noticed a small bug when I was replaying from scratch...

In the prologue, right before you
start the "ask you cohort for evidence to convict Kalaski" side quest, a bunch of your colleagues are in the front entryway. And their duplicates stay there while you're asking them in the kitchen, and you can even ask the instance of Johnny in the front entry to produce and sign his statement before you've gotten past Tarniss.

So now I have two copies of his testimony, one from each instance.

OP
StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I could not replicate that bug. Can you give me more specifics? All you did was go right up to Krista to initialize the quest and then...?

Hoboy

Reputation score

I've got to say - this was a Fuckton/shitload of new content. Played through (in 2 playthroughs to get both versions of Jack - both captured and released) to the plane of mirrors and man - Stalky - you have kicked ass. There is enough here to really ( I like playing Diane as the tough but heroic type - and keep improving her intelligence) enjoy where CH 1 is going. I really hope this continues and ties Zack back in (Tina?) - take a good long sleep and recharge...

Ayeka

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Something is wrong with download link for Windows. I tried copy paste and get info wrong decryption key