What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ01027690](Enokippu) | ソルルイ -after mini- / Sol Rui -after mini- (ChatGPT Quality MTL)

dazedanon19

Reputation score
1680786819473.png

For those who fear poetry, I have good news. AI is the future.

Intro:
This may be the first hentai game translated using the new state of the art ChatGPT API. I've created my own tool that allows me to translate entire RPGMaker JSON files using the ChatGPT 3.5 Boost Model. Now for those skeptics out there, let me explain why this MTL is a bit different from the rest.

When it comes to MTL'ing hentai games, unfortunately there are a couple of pitfalls. Number 1 being that no matter what you do, you ultimately have to translate line by line if you want the process to be truly automated. Why is this? Well H-Games in general often have their actual dialogue lumped in with code, variables and scripts, so if you attempt to bulk translate it by ripping out all the text, how the hell are you supposed to put it back together correctly? So that leaves us with translating line by line, but the biggest problem with line by line MTL is, you can't have any context! Which is extremely important in the Japanese Language for producing quality translations. Go ahead and grab any Japanese article and post the whole thing into DeepL. The quality will probably be fairly good, however do the same thing line by line and your results will be, well, robot poetry.

So what makes ChatGPT different? Well there are two main things,
1. You can feed it context on every request, which gets rid of the main disadvantage of line by line translation.
2. You can teach it how to format the translation, so the output doesn't break when you put it back in.

That's exactly what I've done here for this game. I've created a tool that will go through, line by line, translating all dialogue inside a JSON file. At the same time for every line, I feed ChatGPT the past lines that have been translated so that it has context for its translations. I also feed it examples of how I want the translation outputted so that it doesn't give me random crap that ends up breaking the game.

The results speak for itself, the translation quality is superb for an MTL. But I'll let yall check it out for yourselves. Its not perfect by any means, but I think its better than standard MTL by a long shot. I have edited absolutely no MTL in this translation. All of the dialogue is generated by ChatGPT 3.5, excluding the few examples I made to improve its translation. Translating each file takes around 2 minutes, and using the API, cost around 10 cents per file. (Pricy!). Additionally, there is definitely room for improvement, I did the best I could with my prompt but I can tell it still confuses ChatGPT at times. I would use GPT4 but that shit is expensive so unless you are paying me I'm good.

99% of the text is translated. All that's left is random stray text bits and pictures. Hope everyone enjoys the patch and I'd like to hear yall's thoughts on the quality of the translation. ChatGPT translated everything and all I have done are make a few formatting changes here and there as well as provide some examples and adjust his prompt for better outputs.

Since I built this tool from the ground up I had to do a lot of testing with the ChatGPT API and spent the full $120 limit to get everything translated. If you enjoy the translation and want to support me a bit you can donate to me with this Paypal link: .

Source Code:
Anyway enough talk, go see for yourselves. This is a WIP as I will be adding the rest of the functionality for the tool to translate the rest of the game (commonevents, choices, items, background text, etc). I have made the tool open source and you can find it here.

Beware my coding skills are dogshit. Feel free to fork and improve the tool however you like, I strongly encourage it. (Someone fix my damn progress bars...)
And of course feel free to ask any question or report any problems here.

Patch is for Version 1.10 ONLY.

Patch:
1. Extract contents to 'data/www/'

Release v1.0.2
Final Patch. Contains all the fixes.

Release v1.0.1
Fix for error messages in events.

Release v1.0.0:
99% of text translated. Pictures need to be hand translated eventually and there might be small snippets of text missed but overall it's done. Marking as done but will be improving and correcting any issues people run into.

Release v0.0.4:
Added some new implementation that allows for translation of background text and banners.

Release v0.0.3:
Mostly fixes some of the errors with translation that were generated by Chat GPT.

Adjusted the prompt and added context to certain situations such as choices for a better translation. Ran again on files where ChatGPT failed to translate some choices to fix these issue and test new prompt. Most of the ChatGPT errors are stamped out now.

Release 0.0.2
95% Translated.
Still need to QA and translate rest of the text.

Release 0.0.1:
Initial Release. Most dialogue translated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vent

Demon Girl
Reputation score
For someone who have used ATLAS + Translation Aggregator for years...
The tool in itself is worth waiting

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
0.0.2 Released. Around 95% of the text is translated. I've also figured out some ways to improve the translation even further and I'm considering rerunning the tool on all the files (Quick process) but its expensive so I'll pass for now unless I find more errors.

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
0.0.4 is ready. Added some new implementation that allows for translation of background text and banners. (This one was tough because the strings are handled by plugins and if GPT formats something wrong you could end up crashing the game). Luckily with my prompt GPT has no issues formatting correctly and I didnt run into any errors so far. Next I'm going to try my shot at battle text which is likely going to be the hardest part.

After the battle text I'm going to look for any other text I might have missed and then mark the patch as complete. (But will likely keep improving as feedback comes in.) I'm already near my $120 quota with the API due to all the testing I've been doing retranslating files. Costs add up quick!

Last edited:
OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Lucky for me my previous approach to translating script text worked perfectly for battle text so everything went smoothly.

Therefore consider the game 99% translated and Patch 1.0.0 released. Pictures remain untranslated and there are a few bits of code that I couldn't find to get the bot to translate. I'm going to do a full playthrough and make sure everything checks out and make small improvements to the translation as I go.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with how the quality of the translation turned out and consider this the next step forward for MTL in the scene. If I had access to GPT4 or more budget to retranslate stuff, I feel I could improve it even further. I'll continue working on the tool as well and try to eventually expand to other engines and see where it goes.

Anyway, cheers and enjoy the patch.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wow, this is genuinely impressive. If you showed me this translation without saying anything then i would have no idea at all that this was MTL. I've played through the intro so far and there are only a few minor things making it seem like it wasn't made by a human. Besides the obvious fact that some sentences are a bit robotic (but WAY more understandable and natural than regular MTLs), the only obvious things i noticed is that the AI doesn't know what to do with some specific terms like "Inmon" and that it didn't translate syllables, so it ends up translating "demon" and then saying "ma-zo-ku" in syllables.

I'm really excited about the future of this AI branch. It would be awesome if it allowed for games to be localized way faster and in more languages. Not just obscure Japanese games but in general.

dragons19676161

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is very impressive work, good job creating a tool for this.

This will probably push the shitty MTL out when you can improve the tool even more.

VERY GOOD JOB

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Fix for the error messages that pop up for certain events. Just place in www/data

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
As a backup plan for when you get the error window and can't get it to go away. Place this in www/js/plugins then in the game press tab to get rid of the window.

Attachments

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Final Patch 1.0.2 added that contains all the fixes. If you get an error window popup you can use 'tab' to close it.

MediocreTranslation

Reputation score
This is impressive.
If I decided to translate this game, it would have required months of work.

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Thanks! Can't say its comparable to an actual hand crafted translation or anything. I'm sure there are plenty of instances where ChatGPT seems correct but is completely wrong about the true meaning.

But when the translation effort only takes a day or two you can't really complain c:

MediocreTranslation

Reputation score
Just give it time.
I'm waiting for a more cooperative AI to appear to see if it can help me translate. I find chatGPT infuriating with it's constant refusal to do anything it deems "offensive".

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
The free ChatGPT does have that problem but the API version complains a lot less, especially if you use the right prompt. I basically never have that issue anymore.

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This looks like a really promising way to get 80/90% of translation done well enough allowing translators to focus on proof-reading and context.

So, my main point:

I found a bug.

TL;DR: Map013 (intro) and map014 (Lewd Prison) attempt to load character images it can't recognize. Replacing map013 and map014 leaves the introduction stuff untranslated, but appears to work as a work-around.

I was able to start the game normally, but after selecting "New Game" the attached error would appear.

After way too much time troubleshooting, including changing my region from Japanese to English, I got down to the point of swapping out the .json files.

Ultimately, I pinpointed it to map013.json, which appears to be the introduction map with the charactername "Monster - コピー" listed four times.

However, after the scene change, it brings up another error (attached) which was located in Map003, 013, 014, 015, 018, and 044.

Replacing Map014 with the original fixed it and I was able to enter the four doors without any errors.

[Edit: Got the same error as error2.png when I went back to the Lewd Prison after finishing the school section. Game version is 1.11]

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
This looks like a really promising way to get 80/90% of translation done well enough allowing translators to focus on proof-reading and context.

So, my main point:

I found a bug.

TL;DR: Map013 (intro) and map014 (Lewd Prison) attempt to load character images it can't recognize. Replacing map013 and map014 leaves the introduction stuff untranslated, but appears to work as a work-around.

I was able to start the game normally, but after selecting "New Game" the attached error would appear.

After way too much time troubleshooting, including changing my region from Japanese to English, I got down to the point of swapping out the .json files.

Ultimately, I pinpointed it to map013.json, which appears to be the introduction map with the charactername "Monster - コピー" listed four times.

However, after the scene change, it brings up another error (attached) which was located in Map003, 013, 014, 015, 018, and 044.

Replacing Map014 with the original fixed it and I was able to enter the four doors without any errors.

[Edit: Got the same error as error2.png when I went back to the Lewd Prison after finishing the school section. Game version is 1.11]
The reason you get this error is likely because you are playing on 1.11 when the patch was made for 1.10. That's my bad for forgetting to mention this in the OP. Look online and you should be able to find it without any issues.

Last edited:

Cat99

Reputation score
Sorry for maybe this stupid question, but will you make a Patch for 1.11?

OP
dazedanon19

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Sorry for maybe this stupid question, but will you make a Patch for 1.11?
Nope, it's a minor bugfix. Unless new content is added I don't usually update my translations.