What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RJ083120] Dragon Prison

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Gooood evening everybody!
I've got a very special game to share with you that's very near and dear to my heart. For the past few months I've been working on a partial for Dragon Prison. Dragon Prison is a very dear game to me as its the game that got me into RPG games. Before Dragon Prison I only really played English dating sims I could buy off of Peach Princess. Dragon Prison, Magical Teto and Haru Uru Busuru(or however its spelled) are the first 3 RPGs that pulled me over to the dark side.
So the moment I figured out how to work with Wolf Editors I begun work on Dragon Prison. Sadly, however, Everything in Dragon Prison is so fucking ass backwards. But through sheer determination and will, I prevailed! I found where everything was hidden and eventually translated enough shit to get it to crash on launch. lol
and honestly, when that happened... I almost gave up. I found what it was that was causing the crash, and basically it was everything that wasn't items, weapons and armor. So, all the menus, all the stats, and everything else. So I took a month or two off from it. Worked on other game, then finally mustered up the courage to tackle it again. Lo and behold I figured out the solution! So, few special things you need to know before using this Partial.
*IMPORTANT READ*
1) You're going to have to use the Game.exe that my editor generated. The one that comes with the game wont work. So overwrite the BasicData and MapData as usually, then overwrite the Game.exe with the one provided.
2) Using the Travel Feather will give you an error on arrive to your destination, but it wont cause a crash and as far as I can tell isn't an issue.
3) There will probably be other issues that I have yet to find, so please let me know if you see anything and I'll see if I can't find a fix for it.
4) If you load a save game from pretranslated save file the music will be playing extremely fast. Just leave the area and it'll resolve itself.

Alright, enough chit chat, here's what you came here for.

Thread

And last but not least, this is a WIP as I still haven't finished the flavor text for some of the weapons and shield. You know, shit like "Short Sword" then its description is something like "Short easy to wield sword." Not really important, But I'll do it later. I got another game I'm really excited to be working on and I'm a little burned out of Dragon Prison. All the important shit is taken care of.
So, I hope you enjoy this game, I love Dragon Prison I probably would have never got into RPG games without it.
Also last bit, Yes, I will be working on Dragon Slave later on. Not immediately, but eventually.

Kthxbai!

Attachments

Last edited:

averytimson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ083120] Dragon Prison

Great! Very happy this gem is finally getting some love.

OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score

Great! Very happy this gem is finally getting some love.
Yeah, I fucking love this game. But goddamn did it kick my ass, lol.

shruikaan

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is there somewhere a link to how to apply the patch? I tried extracting the wolf.data with arc_conv and then overwrite the two data plus the game.exe, but it gives me an error when I launch the game.

OP
Rrezz

Rrezz

Reputation score

Is there somewhere a link to how to apply the patch? I tried extracting the wolf.data with arc_conv and then overwrite the two data plus the game.exe, but it gives me an error when I launch the game.
Did you create a Data folder and place the extracted folders there? After that you'll have to either delete the Data.wolf file or rename it.
The Game.Exe wont be in the same folder as the BasicData and MapData folder.