Not open for further replies.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
locked because there no proper Opening post. Now that the game is out (or at least have a trial), it need someone to play the game (trial) and write an opening and forward it to a mod to get the thread opened again and moved to the H game section.

@yugifan3 : you forgot to put the tag, so at the moment we don't know if you're working on a partial or full translation... ( well, knowing you, I know what it's most likely is, but I guess many won't know...)

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Tagged up. My bad on that. Thanks for reminding me.

zipetya

Reputation score
Here comes the obligatory "which version was this made for?" and "will it work for later versions?" question... xD
I know with partials it tends to be much less of an issue, but this gem seems to be getting a lot of version-ups, so if they change things up/rebalance, I think it still could get ugly...

Btw, haven't been around these parts for quite a while recently, so has there been finally a method/software made that makes the updating of these partials/full TLs easier, or is it still sweat and blood and absurd dedication? :)

Bryanis

Reputation score
Here comes the obligatory "which version was this made for?" and "will it work for later versions?" question... xD
I know with partials it tends to be much less of an issue, but this gem seems to be getting a lot of version-ups, so if they change things up/rebalance, I think it still could get ugly...

Btw, haven't been around these parts for quite a while recently, so has there been finally a method/software made that makes the updating of these partials/full TLs easier, or is it still sweat and blood and absurd dedication? :)
So, usually if it's not specified the translation are either for the day one release (especially for partial transaltion), or for the final version (usually for full fan translation).

There a good tool developed by a fan for rpg maker fan translation keeping up to date with game update : rpgmaker trans
https://ulmf.org/threads/how-to-use-rpgmaker-trans-tutorial.6719/

But it need you to have the trans software and apply the patch yourself each time (considering how peoples tend to avoid doing any manipulating by themselves, it's more a tool for translator).

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Should be up to date for version 1.03, or whichever version he added the gallery. I had to update enemies database for that one as he added some for the gallery. It should be compatible with earlier versions though, as they simply wouldn't call those enemies. Whether it's compatible with future versions will depend on what he adds or changes. If he adds anything to the database, it would break when the game calls something that's not there.

As for the second question, Sinflower made a few tools that make things easier, could ask about them on Yugi's discord if you're interested (Time zones being what they are, I'm usually on if Yugi isn't).

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What about the name for this game? 146155? Looks like you need to give proper name to make sure no one confuse
It's literally in the thread title, and the RJ number is good enough to search for partial because the title of the game is sometimes in Japanese or other language...

zipetya

Reputation score
Should be up to date for version 1.03, or whichever version he added the gallery. I had to update enemies database for that one as he added some for the gallery. It should be compatible with earlier versions though, as they simply wouldn't call those enemies. Whether it's compatible with future versions will depend on what he adds or changes. If he adds anything to the database, it would break when the game calls something that's not there.

As for the second question, Sinflower made a few tools that make things easier, could ask about them on Yugi's discord if you're interested (Time zones being what they are, I'm usually on if Yugi isn't).
Thanks for the replies, guys.
It's already up to v1.12 incidentally, with supposedly some content added for v1.1 and v1.12. That's why I was asking. Maybe I will sniff around on Discord, but right now I'm trying to sort of outgrow my "hentai-phase", so that would indubitably be a major shooting myself in the foot kinda situation... xD
Btw, I think the one you guys have is v1.1, since that was the version in which the recollection room got added - supposedly...

Some whining about PT updating, my way:
So, a good while ago when I was trying to update a partial of a VXAce game, my process was this (so you may see how mad one would have to be to do it this way lol): get the version the partial TL was made for (readily available most of the time, let's say v1.00), compare the files of the decrypted v1.00 with the files of the patch (I use WinMerge for that - probably much better alternatives for that around, though) which lets me see what files've been changed and how.

Then I -similarly- compare the decrypted v1.00 with the new decrypted v1.0x, which let's me see what files/assets have been changed (and how). I take note of these files and try to incorporate the changes I can see bw the v1.00 and v1.0x files into the v1.00 TL files, effectively making them a v1.0x TL file.
Of course for this I would need something to decrypt the rvdata2 and etc files to something more managable and actually comparable...
Skills/Actors/Enemies etc. are not too big a hassle this way most of the time, but Mapinfos and the actual Map*** files would be a nightmare. Don't even know if the changes in Mapinfos and Map*** actually do amount to anything... Yet there ARE some map events that get changed with some content adding version-up, and let's not even talk about CommonEvents.... lol

At any rate, in this particular game, if I compare the .rvdata2 files of a version v1.1 and a v1.11, there are very few differences (Actors, Armors, CommonEvents, Enemies, Map036/044/048/093, Skills, System and Troops.rvdata2. Yet if I decrypt those, to be able to actually compare and edit if needed for the update, only CommonEvents, System and the Map036/044/048/093.yaml files seem to be different, the rest, identical. WTF. :D
I guess I can't even be sure of the decrypting process being a success...

Anyhoo, keep up the good work, guys, thx,
and good luck!

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
What about the name for this game? 146155? Looks like you need to give proper name to make sure no one confuse
It's literally in the thread title, and the RJ number is good enough to search for partial because the title of the game is sometimes in Japanese or other language...
I'd assume they are talking about the patch name in Yugi's drive. There is a reason he does it the way he does. It's so DMCA takedown bots have a harder time finding it. There's really not much we can do about takedown bots as fan translators, other than try to prevent the patches from being found. You can try to fight the takedown notice since it's just a language patch, but the filehosts tend to just ignore you.

@zipetya Yeah, probably got my numbers mixed up, Yugi and I do partials for a lot of different games and they all do version numbering differently, lol.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
If they're small enough you can host 'em here. Bots can fuck off and if the dev actually comes around we can discuss it to make up our mind on a policy.

Bryanis

Reputation score
If they're small enough you can host 'em here. Bots can fuck off and if the dev actually comes around we can discuss it to make up our mind on a policy.
The question is what is "small enough", depending on the game, the translation can be quite huge (well more then 10 Mo for the data folder of rpg maker game), true, partial are smaller.

And, while this discussion is interesting (tools, and saving / sharing translation), maybe we should move it to a specific thread rather then polluting a game translation thread ?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
If you guys are interested in seeing if we can host translations on-site, then feel free to create a thread in the forum development section. That way staff who have an idea of restrictions and the like can be involved too.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Devs usually aren't an issue. Think out of all the partials we've done (and Yugi has done a lot), the dev gave us trouble like 3 times. They are usually happy to have someone translating their work, whether they profit from it or not. As long as you aren't distributing the full game pre-patched (which neither of us do).

If you guys are interested in seeing if we can host translations on-site, then feel free to create a thread in the forum development section. That way staff who have an idea of restrictions and the like can be involved too.
I just use the attachment system here, works well enough for me. I had to use filehosts while the forum was undergoing changes, but it's been fine since then. Not sure what the current limit on attachments is, but partials usually aren't that large unless there are a lot of images to translate. Pretty sure Yugi just wants all his in a central location, that's why he has the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.