Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ160355 Amore Magic Academy

its so sad that this project is dead:(

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just some prospective about the likeliness of this translation ever being delivered for you guys.

1) This guys previous account before he "lost" the details was velsomnia. A guy responsible for promising 4/5 other translations an never delivering on them.

2) This translator has a well documented history of cancelling translations & disappearing due shady reasons. Examples: Losing internet access, computer breaking, building new computer, dog ate his homework.

3) People who have looked at parts of translations hes attempted in the past have commented on them literally being copy/pasted from a bad machine translator.

I think it's time to put this issue to rest.

Vels was having some errors crop up with RPGMakerTrans so I offered to help him, and he sent me this project. After isolating the errors and telling him how to fix them I glanced over the work he did.

It appears he was just copying and pasting lines directly from a bad machine translator, which makes sense, considering he'd start a thread about doing a translation and 2 hours later he'd have 20,000 lines translated which means he's either fluent in japanese or...

Pretty sure this guy was trolling.
To be clear I don't think this guy is coming from a bad place. But he's developing a long history of creating translation threads an never delivering.

He's making the translators on this site who actually try & sometimes fail look bad. Furthermore he's selecting perfectly good HRPG's to translate that others might not touch due to taking him at his word.

I'd advise all translation threads created by steve88/velsom be forgotten about or deleted. That way if any other hero does want to pick these games up, they aren't mistakenly put off by false flag threads.

I'd love to see the guy deliver something of substance one day. As I'm sure his heart is generally in the right place. But until he has somethings of substance to share, I hope he avoids creating more translation threads.

Last edited:

Humsas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello,

I made an UI translation with for latest game version supplied by KHTA.

To use it download RPGMaker Trans, extract game data from Game.rgss3a, extract translation in new folder inside game folder. Then use RPGMaker Trans, select translation file and press Go.

I will update this post with new translation versions, after translating some more titles or fixing something.

Attachments

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hello,

I made an UI translation with RPGMaker Trans tool (rpgmakertrans.bitbucket.org/guidocs.html) for latest game version supplied by KHTA.

mega.nz/#!KYFwTarY!1-3TEzeSd980DP0BoMXM4REnOz0GmK_4rCKzhx6CBP4

To use it download RPGMaker Trans, extract game data from Game.rgss3a, extract translation in new folder inside game folder. Then use RPGMaker Trans, select translation file and press Go.

I will update this post with new translation versions, after translating some more titles or fixing something.
Wow thanks, this one came out of nowhere, can you tell us what does it have translated? items, skills, menus, etc? those kind things or if a almost full translation (dialogues, scenes etc)?

Humsas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow thanks, this one came out of nowhere, can you tell us what does it have translated? items, skills, menus, etc? those kind things or if a almost full translation (dialogues, scenes etc)?
Mega took down the link :(
Added translation as attachment.

Only menus, starting titles and spectating people messages in map are translated(personally I disabled them, as they mess up with Visual Novel Reader).

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Mega took down the link :(
Added translation as attachment.

Only menus, starting titles and spectating people messages in map are translated(personally I disabled them, as they mess up with Visual Novel Reader).
I am still thankfull, with these games what i want to have translated the most is the menus, skills, and items, since sometimes those aren't hooked by the ith or ITHVR, or its grabbed all at once making it a mess and a pain in the ass to separate each line =S

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I-I'm going to translate this...

Unless anyone has any objections...
DOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Edit: Pressed the Post button to fast!
But remember to translate in a pace that you can handle dont rush yourself Mizuki :3
Your health comes first :J

Last edited:

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

THANK YOU - sincerely, thank you for starting another project.

PLEASE - you sound hesitant. Do not overdo it, and take your time. At all costs do not burn yourself out, or make what you do no fun to do. Please - do it for yourself at your own pace...and we will all enjoy it...

EDIT: Just realized I sound too much like your parents. Just - don't overdo it, eh? Set a timer or something so you don't do too many marathons...

Last edited:

Adlimori

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have you at-least recovered from your last translation? Don't want you to collapse since it seems you have an addiction!

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

... since it seems you have an addiction!
dont think thats right.
once hes finished with a translation, he seems to be fine - a normal addiction wouldnt really care about that.
so either im not aware of whats happening to him when hes not translating, or hes got a different kind of problem.

But since its his life, im actually fairly comfortable letting him decide how far he can go.
Once its about your goddamn health, you start feeling a little more "go fuck yourself" than usual.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Any translation for a game is welcome! i have hear people say this one is good so i can't wait to give it a try :D

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Don't overwork PLX. It's better one translation per year than a dead translator giving 10 translations.

However... i actually have a tiny question, wouldn't it make sense seeing that you charge per game translator to choose games that are not too big?, especially when someone is a workaholic.

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

wouldn't it make sense seeing that you charge per game translator to choose games that are not too big?
It would make sense if my intention was to make money, but that's not really my motivating factor behind translating games. I just want to play games I like in English and share that enjoyment with other people. I find translating to be fun and rewarding (personally, not financially) and it drives me to keep going even though I don't have much time or energy to spare otherwise.

There's a lot of things I could do differently if making money was my priority, like only translating quick and easy games, hiding my translation files behind a paywall, making tiered rewards for people who donate more, inserting my patreon into games to advertise, etc. This also might sound strange but about half of the games I have translated on commission have simply gone unpaid, which I've had to just swallow and let go.

So it might be pretty stupid of me, but I didn't start translating to try and earn money. It's just something I enjoy doing and if I had enough supporters I'd even do it full time. I just want my supporters to support me because they appreciate my work and want to see me continue. Nothing more, nothing less.

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Regardless of doing it for $ or not, I'm personally glad you're finally getting recognized (you're making way more on patreon since the last time I checked, congrats!!!!).

You're by far the fastest translator and your work is always very solid. A slow translation (from what I've noticed with you) is one that usually takes only a month and that blows the common rate of translations out of the water lol. I hope you stick around for awhile and your patreon continues to grow because you deserve it.

Good luck on this game as well because I pretty much play every game you translate and this is one I haven't tried yet.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It would make sense if my intention was to make money, but that's not really my motivating factor behind translating games. I just want to play games I like in English and share that enjoyment with other people. I find translating to be fun and rewarding (personally, not financially) and it drives me to keep going even though I don't have much time or energy to spare otherwise.

There's a lot of things I could do differently if making money was my priority, like only translating quick and easy games, hiding my translation files behind a paywall, making tiered rewards for people who donate more, inserting my patreon into games to advertise, etc. This also might sound strange but about half of the games I have translated on commission have simply gone unpaid, which I've had to just swallow and let go.

So it might be pretty stupid of me, but I didn't start translating to try and earn money. It's just something I enjoy doing and if I had enough supporters I'd even do it full time. I just want my supporters to support me because they appreciate my work and want to see me continue. Nothing more, nothing less.
I respect you a lot for what you are doing and how you are doing it. I follow you for few years now, you are one of the people I look up to the most, and i'm always happy when I heard you take another project. Just be careful with your health.

OP
S

steve88luv334

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for picking up this game, it's really one of those that really cant be played unless you can read what is being said. I started translating because I played it with chitrans lite and I ended up getting the same sex scene probably 5 or 10 times in a row and I couldnt find any way to advance to a new scene or get anything to change. The biggest problem that causes me to drop a translation 95% of the time is that I use hasbians RPGTrans tool and when I hit the map and common events file I end up with a TON of lines that look like this: 既に\\N[1]は性交中だ!\\|\\^ Thats a line straight out of Amore Magic Academy and the problem with the tool is some of those special characters have to be "escaped" in order to make them stay where they belong when the tool patches the game with the new translation. However I cant find a guide anywhere that tells me where I need to place the escape marks in a string that has that many special characters. So what ends up happening is I will do the translation and patch the game after I have done 25 or so files to check that the text is lining up and makes sense and every single time I end up breaking the game. The tool deletes the characters that I have not properly escaped and all the sudden the game will not insert money gains from battles, experience earned, along with other things. I end up getting frustrated and have to drop the project.

Koslov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not exactly clear on this. I'm already able to play the game as is, but I don't know how to apply this UI translation. Firstly, how do I extrat the game data from Game.rgss3a? Where do I put the contents of your patch (the zip contains 'assets', 'patch', and a file called 'RPGMKTRANSPATCH')? Do I put them all directly into the game's folder?