What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ168394] (TechnoBrake) BibleViolet Update 9/5/17

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So I'm starting a thread here for this instead of discussing it in the Game thread because it was strongly suggested I do so.

Caveat: I decided to go the whole hog on this.
Caveat 2: I don't know when it'll be finished.

UPDATE: Screw Mega.
UPDATE 2: Skills done, prologue done. Enjoy.
UPDATE 3: I'm marking this as complete now. But I still want to know if there's anything I missed or made a typo on.
UPDATE 4: V1.12.1 of the translation has been linked. Typos and stuff should be fixed now. As usual, keep me informed.
UPDATE 5: Battle Images are now in english. Inconsistencies/Errors, I want to know.

I'd link it here if the 1.88MB file didn't generate a HTTP 403.

Note that some of these may be messy, but I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination. Still, I think I did a halfway decent job.

Oh, instructions. This is basically a replacer as the patch program causes the HUD to derp out for no reason that I can find (ATK and AST images vanish). Pull the folder out from the Zip and let it overwrite/merge when it asks. (Game must already be unpacked so you have a Graphics folder in the main directory).

EDIT: Copied wrong link. Should be okay now.
EDIT 2: Super-Derped on the date of the update... I fail at common sense ¬.¬

Attachments

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: [RJ168394] (TechnoBrake) BibleViolet

Looking forward to it. The game's art looks incredible. Thanks for doing the partial. Are you going to do the 2.0 version?

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll be honest, when I first saw it I thought "Ugh, those tits...".
But then I sat down and played it. It's actually more fun than I thought it would be.

Anyway, update:
I'm into the home stretch. Heading out in about two hours. If I get it finished and uploaded, I'll post it. But I won't promise to have it done today. If I can get time to myself, it'll be tomorrow night.

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i thought the same at first but when you will translate it, i might give it a try :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's interesting, to say the least.
1,000 more lines and I'll have V1 of the Partial completed.
After that, the arduous task of tackling the Common Events file.

axone91

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice to hear about your quick progress, your work is appreciated !

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

V1 of the partial uploaded.

What this includes: Actors, Armors, Classes, Enemies, Items, Scripts, Skills, States, System and Weapons files.

I'll say it once more: This uses the RPGMakerTrans format. You will need the latest version for it to work (probably), which is 4.35, IIRC.

The link is in my sig.

If you find any errors, omissions or clumsy language, tell me and I'll get on it.
Please note that the CommonEvents file isn't done yet, and I really don't think I'll get around to the maps on this one.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looking forward to it. The game's art looks incredible. Thanks for doing the partial. Are you going to do the 2.0 version?
I think it is the 2.0 version I'm using for this.

Madobe-kun

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What's the password to the patch 7z file?

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pass no longer necessary. Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, playing through I caught one missed case of a typo and one use of clumsy language. Continuing on...

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, there seems to be one issue. The skills minipanels are blank. DOn't know what's going there. Once I get that sorted out, I'll pack it up with anything else I've found into 1.01.

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

is this patch compatible with the status display fix from the game thread?

without that patch agth is spammed with 250 over and over

ElectrikMadness

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How long does RPGMaker Trans take to finish translating? I got this message in the error log "Finished Unpacking - Deleting original archive", and the progress bar went back to 0% and now it says patching game. Its been about an hour and nothing has happen.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is this patch compatible with the status display fix from the game thread?

without that patch agth is spammed with 250 over and over
Tried it. Doesn't quite work. Seems to be for Version 1 of the game. The Version 2 files are both marked as larger and newer. It'll load, but will cause the display to malfunction, flicker out and eventually become invisible.

I'm still trying to isolate what I did wrong here, but have corrected some laughably bad typos and clumsy language. I'd like to try to figure this out before I release again, but considering it may not be an easy fix, well...

ElectrikMadness, I don't know. I didn't have that problem. "Deleting Original Archive" is normal. But being stuck at 0% is not. Let's see...
Wherever your main game folder is, copy it into the RPGMakerTrans folder. Hit create patch and it should also create "Patch" and "Translated" folders. The patch folder is raw and unedited, so overwrite it with the patch I've uploaded. Then tell RPGMakerTrans to "Rebuild" the patch.
This is how it should work... on RPGMakerTrans 4.35. If this is no help whatsoever, I do apologise.
But I didn't design this program. It's habisain's tool. He's the one you should tell about problems like this.

*EDIT: Checked a binary edit version I was working on. For some reason, that version still has a working display. This is most odd.

Although Mega seems to be watching my account, they can't police my computer.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Erm... Just FYI Squark, the Rebuild option should not be necessary. It's a very niche option (it's for if you've messed up the RPGMaker Trans patch somehow; rebuild will try to restore it to pristine condition).

@ElectrikMadness: The guide I made is here: . As Squark said, the message about deleting the game archive is normal, but it should then actually progress (although it can be slow on Windows for various reasons - this is being worked on). If you need further help, either PM me or raise an issue on the RPGMaker Trans bug tracker. But I would recommend applying the patch directly (i.e. select the game, then select Squark's patch, then hit go).

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, rework (AKA V1.1) is going smoothly. Skills, States, Items, Weapons and Armours still to do, but at least the minipanels are still where they should be.
ETA: Probably Saturday.

GDerp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Keep up the good work man. Can't wait.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, as I can't seem to edit the opening post to add an attachment, I'll add it to this post instead.
EDIT: Figured it out, patch added to OP.

VITAL INFORMATION
You will need

EDIT: You may see "Error parsing Script Base: cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated" in the error log. Don't worry about this, it still works.
Also, skills and prologue text is now translated.

REQUEST
I want to hear criticism and suggestions. If you spot an error, a mistake or an omission, let me know. I don't want to hear "You forgot to translate the game dialogue" or "Hurr durr you sux and shud stop hurr durr". The former is because this is a partial. The latter is just trollish douchebaggery.

To reiterate: Constructive critcism, mistakes, error reports and omissions are welcome.

*sigh* This place really should support .7z. Patch repacked as .zip.

Last edited:

GDerp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the hard work!

Will let you know if there are issues.

EDIT:

Some mistakes that I found

Easy difficulty selection shows (you sp) -> your SP

Angraph text:

"Handmade baked goods a precious gift." -> are a precious gift