What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ297120/RE297120] 魔法少女セレスフォニア / Magical Girl Celesphonia 1.10

SQUABBYDOOBY

Reputation score
FUCK THIS GAME
title3.png
I probably had a dozen MV crashes working on this. I panicked every time it took more than 5 seconds to save (most of the time).

ULMF: https://ulmf.org/threads/shimobashi...onia-magical-girl-celesphonia-rj297120.13691/
DLSITE:

SHOUTOUT TO NOTEPAD++ FIND ALL IN FILES FEATURE
Events were all over the place. There were some that started on the actual map, called an event on a separate event-packed map (see image), and then called a common event. It's really nice for the
CG room, but it's a pain in the ass to work with.

WHATS DONE:
  • Menu (The untranslated bar at the top is miasma, it kept reverting after I changed it.)
  • Enemies/skills/most states (There was a lot of internal use stuff I didn't translate, so some stuff might've been missed.)
  • Items/Weapons/Equipment (Not the lewd memories)
  • Engram System
  • Battle System
  • Missions
  • Smartphone enemy/territory data and game help
  • Map screen and descriptions
  • Like a quarter of the battle messages (There's literally over 800 different variations of Amane moaning)
  • Chapter 1 (I think I got everything)
  • Beginning of chapter 2 and a couple missions
  • 8 or so early scenes
  • Some of the train molestation minigame

I had to do a lot of script editing. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out I had to use escape characters for apostrophes.
The command the dev used for the ticker system had to be changed to work with English spaces. Side effect is that sometimes the character's name won't appear in untranslated ticker messages.
A ton of menus and messages were written directly in the scripts.

The gear equip screen is kind of messy. There was a lot of information I had to condense to fit on one line, so a few items might overflow.

A couple notes about the translation. The word スケル/ 透ける (verb for transparent) is used quite a bit in some items/enemies/skills to refer to transparent clothes. I just left it in as "sukel" instead of
naming enemies "transpara-man" or "invisi-ring" and whatnot. So if you see that word, your clothes will probably turn transparent.

The main enemies are called 怪魔 (basically mysterious demons). I left it in as "Kaima" as having a proper name for the enemies is important. At the end of chapter one, you meet a 怪人 (mysterious person), which is supposed to be an "evolved" human like Kaima, a Kaijin. This is why Celesphonia acts surprised when she hears the first boss refer to himself as a person instead of a demon. There's a plant, too (Kaiju), and probably some others that I didn't get to.

Some of the battle/trap messages are used for both tentacles and penises. I tried to be as ambiguous as I could.

I playtested as I went and didn't run into any game breaking bugs. I'll try to fix any issues you guys have, but I don't want to put too much more work into this.

Attachments

zbygaming

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
How many chapters does this game have?

Raaage

Demon Girl
Reputation score
First Celesphonia partial that actually let me run the game. Thanks!

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Uh, fancy. You manage to translate the ticker messages. May I ask how you eliminated the dreadful "I hate your western spaces between your letters" problem? I circumvented it with a special space character but it was a horrible experience...

OP
SQUABBYDOOBY

SQUABBYDOOBY

Reputation score
Uh, fancy. You manage to translate the ticker messages. May I ask how you eliminated the dreadful "I hate your western spaces between your letters" problem? I circumvented it with a special space character but it was a horrible experience...
The original ticker message script uses spaces to separate arguments and since Japanese doesn't have spaces, it only uses one argument for the text. I had to edit the script to check for every other argument and add spaces in. If you look at the OriginalCommands.js file and find the TMng command you'll see what I added in, right above the commented out section. If you happen to use this, you'll need to only use one backslash instead of two when using variables in ticker messages.

I did have to use special space characters for the map menu's names, however.

Last edited:

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
The original ticker message script uses spaces to separate arguments and since Japanese doesn't have spaces, it only uses one argument for the text. I had to edit the script to check for every other argument and add spaces in. If you look at the OriginalCommands.js file and find the TMng command you'll see what I added in, right above the commented out section. If you happen to use this, you'll need to only use one backslash instead of two when using variables in ticker messages.

I did have to use special space characters for the map menu's names, however.
That's certainly an elegant solution. Gonna look into it for some inspiration because I have similar problems with other RPG Maker MV games that refuse to accept spaces in its Ticker & Battle messages.

oricalco

Reputation score
Getting this error after applying the patch, anyone knows what it could be?

1630121244151.png

Im guessing it has something to do with the filenames?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritterkreuz

Reputation score
Do we have a new regex string for this patch? I think the best one is
Code:
var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = [/^\d\d:\d\d($|.$|。$)/,/(^([,.\d]+)([,.]\d+)?)(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$)|$|。$)/,/^(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$))/,/^(夜|朝|朝|昼|朝|金|夜){0,}$/,/日目\(.\)。(夕方)|(深夜)/,/^HP。\d+(\/d+)?。\/MP。\d+(\/d+)?。\/(瘴気汚染)。\d{0,}SP。\d+(\/d+)?$/,/^メッセージウィンドウ消去中\(右クリックorTABで戻す\)$/];
but it seems like the translation has also changed the key word lol.

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Here's a dirty MTL using sugoi. I've done no grammer, text, or continuity checks, and I haven't had time to play around with it to make sure it's working 100% either. No time atm.

pw: Cel

Attachments

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score
Best ero-game of recent times. I wish there was more of this quality.

Just wanted to say thank you very much for your work on the translation.

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
Here's a dirty MTL using sugoi. I've done no grammer, text, or continuity checks, and I haven't had time to play around with it to make sure it's working 100% either. No time atm.

pw: Cel
How to add this to game? My thanks

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
How to add this to game? My thanks
Get Mtool there's a link in this forum in the stickies. Then load the game through mtool, and under translate pick "load translation file." In general I dump the translated file in the same folder as the game, but I think it'll work from anywhere since mtool copies it directly to it's own sub directory.

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
Get Mtool there's a link in this forum in the stickies. Then load the game through mtool, and under translate pick "load translation file." In general I dump the translated file in the same folder as the game, but I think it'll work from anywhere since mtool copies it directly to it's own sub directory.
i cant use that mtool. is there the other ways?

Yurikashii

Reputation score
Should've done an translation for this instead polished it a little a couple of days wouldn't be bad