What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RJ365442/Circle Tekua] 囚われのアルストロメリア / Captive Als-to-Romeria English Translation

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score

DLSite:
DevBlog:
Ulmf Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/circle-tekua-warenoarusutoromeria-captive-alicetromeia-rj365442.15156/

Patreon:
Github:
Patreon Release (most up to date):
Visit the Translation Discord Server:

Hi everyone, Giratena here, the translator from Succubus Senki.
I just recently played this game and found out it was really, really good xD
However, it seems that most translation attempts break the game, so I've decided to make a hand translated full ui and battle dialogue translation that should help.

The project is open source on Github and as such anyone can download, patch their game with it, and safely contribute to it!
NOTE: THIS PATCH WILL NOT CAUSE THE HOOKSHOT OR FIRE GLITCH, BUT BE CAREFUL IF YOU CHOOSE TO ALTER IT

Hope you all have a wonderful day ^^

Attachments

Last edited:

MarksAce

Reputation score
good to see your translating this I enjoy succubus's senki game thanks to you good luck with this

magrao121

Reputation score
Oh, i liked the idea to open a git to let people contribute with the project, i should adhere to this method too.
I always let my projects unfinished and never share it because i always get stuck with some text that i cant understand because is a slang that only japanese people may translate...
anyway thanks for it, gonna take a look

ryjk writing

Reputation score
Thanks for this, I started work on a full translation of this game recently and I was thinking of using your translation as a starting point, if you don’t mind… it would save quite a bit of work ^^;;

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Thanks for this, I started work on a full translation of this game recently and I was thinking of using your translation as a starting point, if you don’t mind… it would save quite a bit of work ^^;;
You are most welcome! I'll also be updating it as time goes on too.

Feel free to submit any pull requests with your changes! I can merge it with master if it's good ^^

ryjk writing

Reputation score
You are most welcome! I'll also be updating it as time goes on too.

Feel free to submit any pull requests with your changes! I can merge it with master if it's good ^^
I'll try, but I'm doing my translating in-engine so i'm not actually sure how to work off the .xls files. Are you generating those with Translator++?

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
I'll try, but I'm doing my translating in-engine so i'm not actually sure how to work off the .xls files. Are you generating those with Translator++?
I am. I would have much preferred to have exported to txt but translator++ is absolutely not working for me and can't create or import into .txt files.
If anyone knows how to do it please let me know. The option is there but it doesn't work for me ><;

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If anyone knows how to do it please let me know. The option is there but it doesn't work for me ><;
.csv are the most convenient format. Most translation systems have been using the format forever. T++ also can.
Closest thing to .txt are .json, but you'd get something like that:
JSON:
RPG MAKER MV RAW DATA
> BEGIN STRING
テスト回復
Test recovery
> END STRING

> BEGIN STRING
薄いミントの匂い
精力を30% + 200回復する
The smell of light mint
Restores 30% + 200 energy
> END STRING

> BEGIN STRING
テスト体力回復
Test health recovery
> END STRING
Of course all you'd have to do is use a regex to replace "> END STRING\n\n> BEGIN STRING" (probably to "------------------" or something), then turn it back. But there's little point in doing that?

bbubb

Reputation score
How long would you estimate the translation would take? Im excited that someone picked up this game to translate it.

ryjk writing

Reputation score
Work in progress version of the patch. Here's what's translated, roughly:

- Cleanup of item names, descriptions, skill dialogue, including translating a bunch of stuff that wasn't previously translated. These should all be translated now, but some still need cleanup.

- Intro and defeat events

- All succubus "capture" (if you run into them in the first half of the game)/defeat events, except the ones that happen in the dark room

- Temptation events and defeat scenes (should be all of them):
Lily: Main Hall (stairs + bookshelf), Kitchen, Servant's Quarters
Shiina: Main Hall (bottom left + small room), Master Bedroom, Butler's Room
Lime: Drawing Room, Pantry
Arco: Random event

- Battle and defeat events for the main 3 succubi (Lily, Shiina, Lime)

- Bath event
- Library event
- Night events
- All endings for both protags
- Easy Mode hints (if you're having trouble figuring out where to go, just turn that on.)
- A bunch of scattered map events.

If you use this I recommend a) having a backup (as always), b) starting a new game. I coded in extra variables to deal with gendered pronouns. These variables are assigned during character selection. If you don't start a new game, you might get random "0"s in dialogue. There was probably supposed to be a gendered pronoun there.

How long would you estimate the translation would take? Im excited that someone picked up this game to translate it.
I'm going to try and finish the H-scenes within a few more weeks (What's left is mostly: stuff that happens in the dark room, Arco's money drain events), but as for when I'm going to be done done... it's hard to say. Especially when including all the diary entries, there's a lot of dialogue to work through.

Attachments

badluck

Reputation score

- Cleanup of item names, descriptions, skill dialogue, including translating a bunch of stuff that wasn't previously translated. These should all be translated now, but some still need cleanup.

- All succubus "capture" (if you run into them in the first half of the game)/defeat events, except the ones that happen in the dark room

- Bath event
- Library event
- Night events
- Easy Mode hints (if you're having trouble figuring out where to go, just turn that on.)

If you use this I recommend a) having a backup (as always), b) starting a new game. I coded in extra variables to deal with gendered pronouns. These variables are assigned during character selection. If you don't start a new game, you might get random "0"s in dialogue. There was probably supposed to be a gendered pronoun there.

I'm going to try and finish the H-scenes within a few more weeks (What's left is mostly: stuff that happens in the dark room, Arco's money drain events), but as for when I'm going to be done done... it's hard to say. Especially when including all the diary entries, there's a lot of dialogue to work through.
Waw nice !! It's really cool ! :)

vergil5

Reputation score
when I decrypt the game and I apply the translation, for some reason there is no sound?

Civilincubus

Reputation score
when I decrypt the game and I apply the translation, for some reason there is no sound?
Same problem here for version 1.4, also I don't believe the translation is up to 2.0 as of yet. I did get the sound to work again after doing a fresh install for 1.4.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
For any RPGM game: remember to never, ever use a patch not intended for the exact same version you have.

At best, the game will revert to the version the patch was made for. So you updated for nothing.
At worse, there are extra files not touched by the translation patch, and your game'll go crash!

If you actually bought the game, that usually means you're screwed and you have to hope a pirate site still has the old version.

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Hi everyone!

Indeed, this does seem to be quite a big issue, and I'm currently working on it.
The public playtesting is about nearly finished, and I'm going to try and merge it with a new patch which will support the new version. This should hopefully mean:
1. I'll be able to make the latest release of what I've been working on public soon
2. This new patch should be up to date and compatible with the newest version.

I'll update the main post when this happens.

OP
Giratena

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score

- Bath event
- Library event
- Night events

Ooh, just reading this now!
This is a big help, and I think merging our progress should definitely speed up the translation. Perhaps we could merge our work together somehow...
Happy to provide any files you need in addition to what's being provided on Github if that makes anything easier.

I'm finalising the playtesting on the translation server now, so perhaps we can bundle everything we've created to post here?

Last edited: