What's new

ACT [Royal] Trigger Happy 2 -DarkStriker- (RJ201002)

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [RJ201002] [Royal] Trigger Happy 2 -DarkStriker-

thanks for the share but the exe dosn't seem to work for me.
in jap locale and all that stuff but it just does not open
What's your OS? Win 10?
If so, are you trying to run the game on the desktop? Win 10 as a certain restriction when running executables on desktop or even on the documents folder (not sure about this one though), so changing the path of the game will certainly work.

OP
Deleted member 194301

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

anyone managed to get a full save?
It's not a full save, per se (the game literally came out less than half a day ago, after all), but I did play enough to unlock all but one of the CGs and all of the pixel animations (press V on the CG page to see them). I'm not entirely sure what the requirements are for unlocking that last CG, but if you just want to see 99% of the sex-related content, this should do the trick. Just drop it in the main folder.

Edit: I do see that the CG I'm missing is available from the slot machine for 2000 coins, though I'm not sure if that's the only way to unlock it; all of the other CGs I unlocked by playing through everything also seem to be available as prizes there.

Second edit: I unlocked it through the slot machine. Now the save should have all of the CGs/animations unlocked.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok wtf? I just reached the end of 1st stage and when I reach the thing with the black coat and tiki mask I get what I think it is to be a message box with nothing written and I can't do anything from there?!

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Double posting to ask if anyone has experienced the issue I mentioned on the previous post.

OP
Deleted member 194301

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Double posting to ask if anyone has experienced the issue I mentioned on the previous post.
I haven't (if my previous posts haven't made that clear). I know it sounds stupid of me to ask, but did you try pressing x during the dialogue? I want to say that makes the text in the window disappear, and you have to hit it again to make the text come back so you can progress. I think that was the key for it, at least, but I can't check right now. I assume that's too simple of a solution to actually be what's wrong, but try it (or bang a few other keys around that one) if you haven't.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

I haven't (if my previous posts haven't made that clear). I know it sounds stupid of me to ask, but did you try pressing x during the dialogue? I want to say that makes the text in the window disappear, and you have to hit it again to make the text come back so you can progress. I think that was the key for it, at least, but I can't check right now. I assume that's too simple of a solution to actually be what's wrong, but try it (or bang a few other keys around that one) if you haven't.
That's not it :/
I don't even get any text at all. I just walk towards the dude wearing a black suit and a tiki mask and suddenly a black dialog box appears. I suppose a dialog between him and the mc would occur there? Nothing happens after the box appears -.-
I pressed every single key on the keyboard. I've restarted the game on every difficulty. I used your save file. I even downloaded the damn archive again :|

Edit* Ok! I just found out the problem. Again I had to change the regional settings to portuguese (I had the set to japanese, as most games need that setting).
I have to do this on some games, because of how the programming is done. If the dev decides to write data into the folders that have the username's folder as root, in my case I have problem.
My folder is named with a special character that isn't readable when the regional setting are set to japanese, thus the files can't be overwritten, leading to this case with the game being blocked at the moment the message box appears :S

Last edited:
OP
Deleted member 194301

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's a really interesting cause for a bug; definitely not one I'd ever heard of before. Glad you got it worked out.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Nice. Good to hear you've had it figured out! o.ob

But wait... Does that mean that if a game needs Jap locale to run AND needs to access you abovementioned folder... You are ultimately effed?! (asking because my username on my Win7 backup OS has similar special characters in it)
Or having your non-unicode in your native locale, and starting the game with an emulator may still get the job done? (well, I guess we will see lol)

And a stupid-ish question as a cherry on top: should I play the first installment before playing this? :)

velvet.velour

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That's a really interesting cause for a bug; definitely not one I'd ever heard of before. Glad you got it worked out.
If you played through it, how the hell did you beat the snake boss in the snow level? I can't figure it out. He just zips all over the place and it's impossible to hit him without taking a million damage. I noticed the tree branch on the left side but I can't seem to make it do anything. What am I missing?

OP
Deleted member 194301

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you played through it, how the hell did you beat the snake boss in the snow level? I can't figure it out. He just zips all over the place and it's impossible to hit him without taking a million damage. I noticed the tree branch on the left side but I can't seem to make it do anything. What am I missing?
You'll think I'm lying, but I found that boss to be the easiest one to handle. I used one of the single shot rifles throughout most of the game as soon as I could afford one and only played on easy/normal, though, so that could have been a part of it (then again, I did beat it on boss rush, too, where I believe the difficulty is ramped up regardless of your settings). I just kept my distance and continually shot it until it died. Those rifles tend to do a ton of damage to most enemies and didn't have a particularly long reload time despite being a single clip weapon, so try one of those if you have the money; they also pierce, too, which is useful in quite a few situations.

velvet.velour

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You'll think I'm lying, but I found that boss to be the easiest one to handle. I used one of the single shot rifles throughout most of the game as soon as I could afford one and only played on easy/normal, though, so that could have been a part of it (then again, I did beat it on boss rush, too, where I believe the difficulty is ramped up regardless of your settings). I just kept my distance and continually shot it until it died. Those rifles tend to do a ton of damage to most enemies and didn't have a particularly long reload time despite being a single clip weapon, so try one of those if you have the money; they also pierce, too, which is useful in quite a few situations.
Haha, well I guess that makes sense. I've been using the fast-firing assault rifle and it just doesn't have a big enough window to hurt him. Between posting and your response I actually just beat him with attrition while watching something else, lol. I still have to wonder what that branch was for...

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice. Good to hear you've had it figured out! o.ob

But wait... Does that mean that if a game needs Jap locale to run AND needs to access you abovementioned folder... You are ultimately effed?! (asking because my username on my Win7 backup OS has similar special characters in it)
Or having your non-unicode in your native locale, and starting the game with an emulator may still get the job done? (well, I guess we will see lol)

And a stupid-ish question as a cherry on top: should I play the first installment before playing this? :)
Well, you're not screwed for all eternity. The solution is to create a username that doesn't have any special characters and play the game from that user.
I could create a username and move all my stuff from the one I have into the new one, but it's a real pain.
Also, if you don't want to create a username, you can create a virtual machine and play on that machine with a new username, but it's like using a cannon to kill an ant if you ask me xD

Tyrian

Lurker
Reputation score

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but there's some secret stuff hidden in the main game. Or at least there's four icons in the bottom left on stage select. I've got the first and third one, I think the first is for beating the game. The third is for finding the pirate treasure on the beach/sea map. I'm guessing one might be related to the lever in the snow zone boss screen.

In the first zone of the sea map, there's an odd looking rock that can be destroyed revealing a treasure map. It shows a location in the second area where you can hit down to spawn some kind of orb. Collect the orb, then grab the compass that appears on some platforms in the third zone's autoscroller, and when you reach the end the boss will join you on a treasure hunt instead of fighting you. You'll end up on a map full of crates with no enemies while the boss follows you and shoots when you do. After walking through the map (and grabbing all the coins in the crates), a ghost zombie appears as a boss. There's no scene for losing, and he's not too difficult outside of his first attack. Just duck it.

Galleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Indeed, there are some secrets: The first special badge is for beating the game, as stated, and the third is for finding the hidden pirate treasure.

The second is for going through the final level again after beating it the first time and fighting the "secret but not very well hidden secret boss" GODES, who is like the secret boss from the last game except she makes me A LOT MORE UNCOMFORTABLE.

The last one I believe is for finding another secret boss and defeating him but, though I've found him I haven't beaten him yet. If you've beaten the game and defeated GODES, why not try looking around the start of level 2 a little? You may end up just as angry and frustrated as me.

Side note, if anybody could tell me how to clear the "challenge" for the first level (those five badges at the center of Dark Striker's stage select that light up "blue" when you've completed them), it'd be greatly appreciated. I THINK you have to collect all of the blue badge looking items (or most of them) in a stage but that doesn't seem to do it, so it might also be related to how quickly you clear the stage as well. I've done it for all but the first and fourth stages, currently, so whatever I did worked for the second, third and fifth ones. If anybody has also found how to unlock diary entries 18 and 20 I'd appreciate those, too. They're all I'm missing.

Edit 2: I was correct: The fourth badge is for defeating the second secret boss near the start of stage 2.

Edit: Also, for gun preferences, if you can unlock the very last pistol it's a six shot revolver with enemy penetration, high damage and a fast reload. I would highly recommend it for most situations.

Last edited:
Reputation score

Edit: it has been mentioned before, so pointless post, don't mind me

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I didn't actually put a lot of effort into figuring it out, but cheat engine doesn't work so well with this game. No big deal. After getting the elephant gun the rest of the game was easy. You can DPS race most bosses with minimal if any dodging.

I was really impressed how much content this game has! 20 or 30 animations. Numerous extra game modes. Main game has 5 levels with 3 areas each. 20 or 30 CGs. This is probably one of the best deals this year if you don't mind the lack of detail.

y0sman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

why not try looking around the start of level 2 a little? You may end up just as angry and frustrated as me.

If anybody has also found how to unlock diary entries 18 and 20 I'd appreciate those, too. They're all I'm missing.
For some reason I'm having trouble finding the second secret boss.

As for diary 20. In stage 5, the first section of it. You will reach a part after a scratch it ticket. Just after that, in the , shoot from where the enemy is into the wall on the left, you'll get an item that gives you the diary entry.

Galleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For some reason I'm having trouble finding the second secret boss.
I'm not sure of the exact conditions needed for his area to appear, but it's basically at the start of stage 2, Green Day.

If you've beaten the main campaign and GODES and it's still not appearing, you might also need to clear some challenges, or do stuff in other modes as well. I had cleared the maid cafe mode, gotten up to wave 40 in Guardian Devil mode and also cleared the survival horror mode, as well as having bought everything from the slot machine due to a lucky bonus round. The only thing I hadn't and still haven't done is the slide puzzles, so I can say that at least those have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

y0sman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure of the exact conditions needed for his area to appear, but it's basically at the start of stage 2, Green Day.

If you've beaten the main campaign and GODES and it's still not appearing, you might also need to clear some challenges, or do stuff in other modes as well. I had cleared the maid cafe mode, gotten up to wave 40 in Guardian Devil mode and also cleared the survival horror mode, as well as having bought everything from the slot machine due to a lucky bonus round. The only thing I hadn't and still haven't done is the slide puzzles, so I can say that at least those have nothing to do with it.
Must be some challenges in the main game, or I need higher waves in guardian devil. Although it makes me wonder if it's because I never actually beat the pirate boss. I've only done that level once and got the path for the treasure.

Galleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Must be some challenges in the main game, or I need higher waves in guardian devil. Although it makes me wonder if it's because I never actually beat the pirate boss. I've only done that level once and got the path for the treasure.

That might be it, since the pirate boss is included in the boss rush. It'd be a good place to start, anyway.