What's new

Rpg type poll

Rpg type poll

• one dungeon (raidy/ lilipalace)

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • sandbox/exploratory (virgin island?/magicka)

Votes: 102 63.8%
  • full party

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • single character

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • monster girl

Votes: 53 33.1%
  • GOR

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • Dating sim aspects

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • management sim(harvest moon)

Votes: 31 19.4%

• Total voters

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Simply, I was wondering what types of rpgs you enjoyed
i'll set up a poll later but for now,

i recall those BFrpgs were really popular a while back, those ones with just like a 99 floor dungeon with different enemies, and i'm thinking that Raidy also only had the one dungeon and multiple floors and was considering it as a design choice for a future game, i remember havin tonnes of fun on raidy even when i couldnt read japanese...then i got stuck because one of the floors involves secret passages... lol fail

anyway i'd like to hear your thoughts because both raidy and lilipalace were excellent games

sengai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Rpg type poll

My favorite games so far have been Scalegarden's and Violated Heroine. So my vote is for sandbox/exploratory.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd expect the lilipalace and raidy ones to do better... since there was over 15 pages of forum posts on lilipalace, i figure we could do with another game from them :)

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'd have to say Violated Heroine is the best one I've played so far, mainly because I love action rpgs and pixel art.
If there was a hentai game like Terranigma or the second and third games of the mana series(secretofmana1and2 Seiken Densetsu 2/3 for snes) then I'd have to say those would be the best.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd have to say Violated Heroine is the best one I've played so far, mainly because I love action rpgs and pixel art.
If there was a hentai game like Terranigma or the second and third games of the mana series(secretofmana1and2 Seiken Densetsu 2/3 for snes) then I'd have to say those would be the best.
Now i feel sad for thinking seiken densetsu when i read secret of mana...
when did i become such a weeaboo/hipster for japanese

kohlmi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sandbox > railed games.

except the Daggerfall games. They are too open. It's easy to get lost. That's bad.

The rpg maker games i liked the most were most of the time single hero based, had gor and a lot of sidequests.

Lilypalace is one of those rail games which were really good. I wish there would be a sequel. :(

Are monstergirls the new succubus trend? I like succubuses more to be honest.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sandbox > railed games.

except the Daggerfall games. They are too open. It's easy to get lost. That's bad.

The rpg maker games i liked the most were most of the time single hero based, had gor and a lot of sidequests.

Lilypalace is one of those rail games which were really good. I wish there would be a sequel. :(

Are monstergirls the new succubus trend? I like succubuses more to be honest.
to be fair the japanese seemed to jump for joy every time a new monmon game came out, so it doesnt really seem to be a trend...

i still prefer my sexy demons to be human shaped :) none of dem spider vaginas...oh though slime girls are okies too :)

edit- would it be wrong of me to make the japanese versions of my games a lot more grindy? they seem to love dem grinds

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

grinding isn't wrong as long as there's hentai in it.
or to be more precise: enemies using sex attacks. (with pictures/animation)

Last edited:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Vitamin Quest/Virgin Island, so that'd be solo character, sandbox, gor and monster gurl.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

grinding isn't wrong as long as there's hentai in it.
or to be more precise: enemies using sex attacks. (with pictures/animation)
I know but there's the stereotype of japanese loving grindy games, so i was thinking of pandering to it :) all the dragon quest games, persona, final fantasy not so much... i'm sure there were more :)

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

My personal favorite is Monster Girl Quest. It's all about the dialogue, and the puzzle aspect of those fights is fun as well. I'm glad there's no need to grind for levels in that game.

Is there a translation for Violated Heroine? I've never been able to find anything nearly complete, and it's kept me from playing.

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm going to have to go with the sandbox as well. Violated Heroine is the most enduring one that comes to mind, but Virgin Island is another good example of it. A good way to do it is to have one over-arching quest that the heroine must complete; but add a variety of side quests and areas that you can explore for additional levels, rewards and most importantly; h-scenes.

I voted for one-hero. Having that fox-girl as a party member would be fine if she's a pivotal character; but I would be against having a full party since it'd be tough to have those kind of parties in an exploration game. And a vote for GoR, for obvious reasons. Though if you want to separate your game from 'typical rpg maker h-game' to 'an h-game done well', you'll want to be a bit creative with your h-events, rather than just having a typical CG for losing.

If you want to have some dating relationships or sims, you'd have to be careful of how you chose to add that as well. I'd say your best bet is to find out what you want the heroine to accomplish in the grand scheme of things, then figure out the different mechanics the player can use to accomplish that goal.

I'm not a huge fan of those one-dungeon games... don't get me wrong, Lilipalace was amazing, but I wouldn't be able to play those genres all the time. After a while the environments feel a little stale, and you don't really explore outside of the dungeon, and see other parts of the world. From what I can tell you put emphasis on the "universe" of the game, so having an exploration-based approach would definitely be to your advantage.

Is there a translation for Violated Heroine? I've never been able to find anything nearly complete, and it's kept me from playing.
should have you covered.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm going to have to go with the sandbox as well. Violated Heroine is the most enduring one that comes to mind, but Virgin Island is another good example of it. A good way to do it is to have one over-arching quest that the heroine must complete; but add a variety of side quests and areas that you can explore for additional levels, rewards and most importantly; h-scenes.

I voted for one-hero. Having that fox-girl as a party member would be fine if she's a pivotal character; but I would be against having a full party since it'd be tough to have those kind of parties in an exploration game. And a vote for GoR, for obvious reasons. Though if you want to separate your game from 'typical rpg maker h-game' to 'an h-game done well', you'll want to be a bit creative with your h-events, rather than just having a typical CG for losing.

If you want to have some dating relationships or sims, you'd have to be careful of how you chose to add that as well. I'd say your best bet is to find out what you want the heroine to accomplish in the grand scheme of things, then figure out the different mechanics the player can use to accomplish that goal.

I'm not a huge fan of those one-dungeon games... don't get me wrong, Lilipalace was amazing, but I wouldn't be able to play those genres all the time. After a while the environments feel a little stale, and you don't really explore outside of the dungeon, and see other parts of the world. From what I can tell you put emphasis on the "universe" of the game, so having an exploration-based approach would definitely be to your advantage.

should have you covered.
I wasnt thinking of using this info for the current game or even the next one (maybe just one game world) but your input is welcome :)

Sokubus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hey,

why you dont try to think about something new ? this would allow the player to make a new gaming exp.

for example if you watch the newest(gear..) scgarden game you find a realy never seen battle system ... and its amazing how this one work ^^

... but thats not all there are some more examples for uniquie technics or so .... why dont think about something new yourself .... ? ^^

hf

Incopl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

One of my absolute favourites is Re:Anise2. Unfinished, but has everything I like - single character, sandbox type, GOR, plus tons of events and quests.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know but there's the stereotype of japanese loving grindy games, so i was thinking of pandering to it :) all the dragon quest games, persona, final fantasy not so much... i'm sure there were more :)
Persona was My fave (3'rd Portable and 4'th Golden)
The grinding system aren't really that hard
At end of battles always had card bonus (EXP/Money) , and there that Special "Hand" Mob that give's a lotttt of exp and Money

I really like the Social Link System
If only those Social Link are modified into RPG SIM

And player can have lotsa fun by play more than once , to had the other Social Link that was missed on 1'st Play. Multiple Ending also~

danceofmany

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For myself, the execution of the game is more important than the RPG type you use. Though I would love to be rid of tedious grinding. Harem has one of the best anti-grind systems I've seen. It still gave you a sense of accomplishment/empowerment and encourages focus on the character development/story/H-stuff. You can grind money for gear but I haven't found my gear too lacking that I can't progress.

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I agree with most people on sandbox + one playable character. Discovering and testing stuff is more fun than following a path in my opinion.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Sandbox + 1 playable character, many events, many side+main quests.

Corruption, clothing destruction, gor (I did like how ソナビア-SonabiA- did it, and violated heroine where as you can become a sex fiend that rapes everyone/thing or a emotionless sex slave that gets raped by others)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Persona was My fave (3'rd Portable and 4'th Golden)
The grinding system aren't really that hard
At end of battles always had card bonus (EXP/Money) , and there that Special "Hand" Mob that give's a lotttt of exp and Money

I really like the Social Link System
If only those Social Link are modified into RPG SIM

And player can have lotsa fun by play more than once , to had the other Social Link that was missed on 1'st Play. Multiple Ending also~
lots of games use a gold slime type enemy :) i'd be trying to keep them varied and rare of course..

the game i'm making after this one has multiple endings though not really in a sandbox way, a lot of gor, though the plot is fairly linear you can take it at your own pace since I'm not using a time system, allthough to prevent annoyances with switch resetting if you have to continue I'm disabling saving in certain areas, it's too easy for bugs to creep in otherwise. I'll be sure to make teleport items (escape rope) only work if saving is allowed aswell.

I think as a designer i'm better at character/story driven stories than open ended ones where you can go do what you want... persona 4 was an excellent example of it but doing social links does get annoying for me