What's new

RPG VX Ace Corrupt On Windows 10

dashboard65

Reputation score
Hello i got a little problem about RPG VX Ace , when i try to run RPG VX Ace game on my windows 10, it keeps getting message like this
1605878755600.png

but when i run RPG VX Ace on my laptop with windows 7 it works perfectly fine

is the problem on my Windows 10 or from the game file? Thanks

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Weird character in title => you don't have Japanese local setting.
Game file got corrupted and the local system got trouble reading Japanese coded game.

Removing Japanese from game folder name and exe name should be enough to get rid of the problem of window seeing it as a virus (because it don't know how to read the Japanese in it an label it a virus in consequence), but you're heading right into "missing file...." territory if you can't extract game file in Japanese.

Install asian language pack and use emulating tool to extract / play game or change your local unicode to Japanese.

Reputation score
To add to that: when you unzip a game, but you're in the wrong local, the unzipped game is corrupt. Even if you change your locale, it won't run unless you go back to the zip file and start over, delete the extracted game, and extract again.

Changing "language for non unicode" to japanese doesn't mess your system up if you normally run your computer in English. The Japanese region supports English, so you can leave your controls and display and stuff in English. Just change that one thing.