What's new

「RPGツクールVX Ace」A call for Mayting has been posted!

otter_san

Reputation score
Greetings. I've been working on this eroge for a bit and finally came across the first need to get external playtests. Right now it has become too long for me to test all the way alone, and there are a couple points I'd like to know people's opinion about. I aim to get a classical RPG Maker 2D lewdgame atmosphere, despite being western.

So, please, whoever has ~30 minutes free time, play the game and try to answer any of these questions:
1) Do you feel like the pace of lewd events? - Do they take too long to pop? Should they last longer?
2) Are you comfortable with the protag's moral corruption pace?
3) About the H scenes: is the pseudo-animation loop OK?
4) Any remark/suggestion for May?
5) Is it easy enough to know what to do next?
6) Is the part-timer too grindy/tiresome/boring? Should there be more randomized speeches for it?

This demo version is capped at moments after Red's event. Play no further.
There are 2 main ecchi scenes, plus 1 at the pub doing part-timer.

Also, let me know of any weird sentence/typo/grammar mistake.
Any kind of feedback is welcome.

Download link:

Bugfix version:
- no longer getting free monies when leaving the pub non-stop after doing a part-timer.
- no longer stuck at the bathtub after recollecting dog event

Summary:
A call for Mayting has been posted! is an ero-RPG featuring highly-fetishist content in which you play as May, a cow-girl who moved into a town to make a living by herself. With no thrilling story, but a rather regular daily life narrative, it'll portrait May's moral degeneration gradually.

Content tagging:
B*stiality, sh*tacon, prostitution, slow corruption, 3P/4P, female protagonist & other specific sexual content.

Game mechanics:
Even tho the focus on this game is storytelling, I'm implementing (into the release version) a few fun things to give some taste variation. It includes:
Part-timer mini-games - randomized activities which can lead to sexual harassment
NPC seduction gauge - after certain point, seduce male NPCs as prostitution or for free
End-game character swap - play as 2 additional characters after finishing the game

After completing the (3) main quests, you'll enter a free mode with a variety of side-quests to complete according to your taste. The more you complete, the more you unlock.

Scope:
PS: Demo version will only go as far as "Bunnies gonna Bun" quest. Then, will be decided whether I'll take this project ahead or not according to the feedback.
The scope may change a bit, giving or taking a couple quests, but for the sake of succeeding structure changes will be avoided.

Contact/SNS:

e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks to:
- lewd SFX pack

Last edited:

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Sounds interesting, like what I see so far. I will point out that this section doesn't get much traffic. When the demo is ready, I'd recommend starting a thread in the hentai games section if you're looking for feedback from a larger number of players.

One question, given the content, can we expect any kind of impregnation/pregnancy content? (I ask because it would seem to be a good fit, not just because it's one of my fetishes.)

OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score
Sounds interesting, like what I see so far. I will point out that this section doesn't get much traffic. When the demo is ready, I'd recommend starting a thread in the hentai games section if you're looking for feedback from a larger number of players.

One question, given the content, can we expect any kind of impregnation/pregnancy content? (I ask because it would seem to be a good fit, not just because it's one of my fetishes.)
Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that by starters, I thought the actual 'H Games' section was only for external stuff (from dlsite, jap. blogs, etc). I'll probably ask someone to move the thread or recreate it when a demo is available, then reference this one as a summary. It's no problem it won't get much visibility in here for now, I'm still about 2 weeks away from reaching the demo milestone.

Impregnation is not my fetish as well and I don't really get the appeal, so I don't want to mess with it by myself (unless the feedback I receive points out it's a good idea), 'cause it could take extra time/resources for something they probably wouldn't like. And, well, adding an extra frame for every H scene for pregnancy would increase the scope a lot.

Even though, there's a few spots on the plot in which it could be inserted easily (tbh there is a couple in which it would make lots of sense). Not to mention after certain point it's all modular (free mode/end game) and some kind of game mechanic to avoid getting impregnated (for those who feel uncomfy) on creampie scenes sounds interesting to me.

In conclusion it's not a bad idea, but for now I can't increase the scope any further (considering scope creeping is what makes most of software projects fail). As a software dev. acting as project manager in my main career, I can't help but face this eroge using the same practices.

Oh, also taking the hook on this subject: the post-demo phase will have periodical releases for each group of new lewd scenes (the pink-border containers inside lanes).

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that by starters, I thought the actual 'H Games' section was only for external stuff (from dlsite, jap. blogs, etc). I'll probably ask someone to move the thread or recreate it when a demo is available, then reference this one as a summary. It's no problem it won't get much visibility in here for now, I'm still about 2 weeks away from reaching the demo milestone.
Yeah, it's really just a matter of how much attention you want for it. Under Construction is better if you want a more limited audience, the main H Games section gets a lot more traffic.

Impregnation is not my fetish as well and I don't really get the appeal, so I don't want to mess with it by myself (unless the feedback I receive points out it's a good idea), 'cause it could take extra time/resources for something they probably wouldn't like. And, well, adding an extra frame for every H scene for pregnancy would increase the scope a lot.

Even though, there's a few spots on the plot in which it could be inserted easily (tbh there is a couple in which it would make lots of sense). Not to mention after certain point it's all modular (free mode/end game) and some kind of game mechanic to avoid getting impregnated (for those who feel uncomfy) on creampie scenes sounds interesting to me.

In conclusion it's not a bad idea, but for now I can't increase the scope any further (considering scope creeping is what makes most of software projects fail). As a software dev. acting as project manager in my main career, I can't help but face this eroge using the same practices.
I completely understand not wanting to get carried away with feature creep. But it's good to hear you are at least considering it.

It might not be as much work as you would think, though. I've seen it implemented in a number of ways, having dug into a lot of rpgmaker games as a translator. I'd even be willing to help if you do get to the point of implementing it later on. You can direct message me on Discord if you want to talk about it, I'm on most days. There's a link to the server I'm usually on in my signature, and that could also be another place to get feedback when you have a demo ready. (my Discord username is the same, and if you can't see my signature, you may have to enable signatures in your profile)

Anyway, not trying to be pushy or anything, and good luck with this regardless. :)

OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score
I completely understand not wanting to get carried away with feature creep. But it's good to hear you are at least considering it.

It might not be as much work as you would think, though. I've seen it implemented in a number of ways, having dug into a lot of rpgmaker games as a translator. I'd even be willing to help if you do get to the point of implementing it later on. You can direct message me on Discord if you want to talk about it, I'm on most days. There's a link to the server I'm usually on in my signature, and that could also be another place to get feedback when you have a demo ready. (my Discord username is the same, and if you can't see my signature, you may have to enable signatures in your profile)

Anyway, not trying to be pushy or anything, and good luck with this regardless. :)
I'm actually being extra careful about adding more stuff 'cause every time during the development I add something to the to-do list or my dev notes to consider adding later. If I would let them all pass I'd never get to the demo version. Working when libido is involved is quite hard due to this matter: it's too easy to get hyped about something. My formation tells me no, but my libido says yes.

I've stalked you a bit. Fun thing, I've played Kamikaze Kommittee Ouka a bit recently and didn't notice it was your translation. We can discuss about it, I came with the idea of adding condoms to some scenes in order to give her moral degeneration a sense of restraint and slow it down (and there are some hot things about them). What worries me the most about adding pregnancy is not the implementation on a technical level, but that extra frame for her belly on some H scenes.

I've also joined you discord channel, gonna talk to you there.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Is there gonna be yuri or cows sucking on her breast? :3

OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score

Here's the download link for the first demo version. I've also updated the original post. Let me know if you play and get stuck in any part.

Is there gonna be yuri or cows sucking on her breast? :3
I only have one yuri scene planned for now. ;_;

Last edited:

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Game looks great so far, but as for your plan chart, may I recommend you to add some after-story scenes at the end of the game? For example, many months/years later how the characters turn out. It's a great addition to providing emotional development for your characters and adds to the H hotness a lot. Please consider it :)

Nesirb

Reputation score
Hey, so i'm a long time lurker on this forum but your game seemed so promising i had to come out to give you some (hopefully useful) feedback. To start it off i want to say i love the art, it has that simplistic cartoonish appeal to it that i personally prefer over the more detailed style we usually see from eastern games. Also aside from few minor spelling mistakes, your writing and character design is really good. I was intrigued by the description and the screenshots, but when i played through the demo and the bartender minigame i was pretty much hooked. It's really refreshing to have some interesting mechanics within the game instead of the usual "talk to people and hope you eventually unlock some scenes" approach lot of devs take. So yeah, looking very good so far in my opinion! But to address some of your points:

1) The pace feels fine, if anything it was a little bit too fast, but that's not something most people complain about (that is, i was expecting more introductions and backstory at the beginning). The length of the lewd events was fine as well. The one thing that worries me is that it quickly fell into a pattern of "do work stuff at day, do investigations that lead to lewd events at night". While it's fine in the demo, it might get repetitive and predictable after a while. I think it's good to keep the frequency of the lewd events a bit unpredictable as the story progresses (maybe some evenings there are no lewd events, maybe some pop up during daytime), but i'm sure you already have a plan for how the story will progress.

2) The corruption was a bit weird in my opinion. You go from "Naive" to "Curious" and then already to "Horny"? To me horny is a temporary state you are in, but then again i'm not sure what you would replace it as :p. I guess meaningless semantics aside, the corruption felt maybe a little too fast in the demo. I'm hoping there is a way for the player to control the rate of corruption, but i'm guessing the main progression of this game after completing the main quests will be to make May more corrupt? At least that's how i understand it from your flowchart, and the whole premise of the game not being a traditional "hero defeats evil demon" kind of game. I hope you consider adding multiple endings, from good ends to "bad ends" to validate the corruption as a secondary stat, because if increasing it is the main way to progress the game it might lose its meaning.

3) The pseudo-animations are short, but they add soo much despite their simplicity. Personally i love them, and i'm guessing they are relatively easy to animate relative to "proper" animations?

4) It seems like you are going for a "naive inexperienced girl" when it comes to May, and i have to say so far you are doing a great job. I don't really have much to say about her character, other than curious to see how she develops. I guess one thing that i like about her is how assertive she is, as opposed to the usual pushover female main-character.

5) For me it wasn't annoying finding out what you have to do next. I got stuck for maybe 2 minutes at the start trying to figure out why she is still saying she should get dressed when i was already wearing everything i could, only to find out that you have to switch out panties with shorts, but that was mostly due to my own stupidity i guess and the only instance where i got "stuck". I think it's important to remember that it shouldn't be super obvious what you have to do next either, as part of the fun is exploring and trying things out. If it gets too linear it can start to feel like you are just doing chores and you are being bounced around by the game telling you what to do, so definitely a balance to be struck.

6) As i mentioned before, the part time minigames are really refreshing for an RPG-maker game, and i hope there will be more of them. They are not too grindy or boring in my opinion, but i would like to see more randomised responses by the NPC's. I can understand that they can be challenging to implement, but i'm hoping the other minigames will be different than the bartender one. More variation means less repetitiveness which means more fun for the player to explore. And also quantity < quality, i would rather you only have two part time minigames that are unique than five copies of the same bartender minigame.

So i guess all in all you have a very good thing going, and you should just keep heading in the same direction. If you are able implement all that you have planned you should have a really good product that plenty of people will be eager to throw money at. I guess one last thing i could do is point out the slight spelling errors:

When doing the bartender part-timer, after taking an order and delivering it, the customer NPC replies "Why it took you so long?!", maybe correct it to "Why did it take so long?!"

The first request you can take at the notice board is called "unStable" with a capital S. To me it first looked like a character was out of bounds of the window or something, should be easy to fix this so it says "Unstable".

I think i spotted some more but i forgot to take note of where they were. Anyway, personally i'm already impressed with what you have to show and i know ill be following your work closely, so i'll be able to point them out later maybe :D. Best of luck with the development process!

OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score

New download link: fixed a couple bugs and typos.

Hey, so i'm a long time lurker on this forum but your game seemed so promising i had to come out to give you some (hopefully useful) feedback. To start it off i want to say i love the art, it has that simplistic cartoonish appeal to it that i personally prefer over the more detailed style we usually see from eastern games. Also aside from few minor spelling mistakes, your writing and character design is really good. I was intrigued by the description and the screenshots, but when i played through the demo and the bartender minigame i was pretty much hooked. It's really refreshing to have some interesting mechanics within the game instead of the usual "talk to people and hope you eventually unlock some scenes" approach lot of devs take. So yeah, looking very good so far in my opinion! But to address some of your points.
Oh my; a wall of text. I like it.

I'm glad you liked the part-timer mini-game. I was planning something even more dynamic, but it had too many speeches to add and it slowed down a lot, so I decided to skip it for now. (e.g: you'd be able to chitchat with customers and each one would have a set of "correct answers" and trivial subjects, so you can earn more points for the lewd gauge).

Now let me leave some comments on the points you addressed:

1) The pace feels fine, if anything it was a little bit too fast, but that's not something most people complain about (that is, i was expecting more introductions and backstory at the beginning). The length of the lewd events was fine as well. The one thing that worries me is that it quickly fell into a pattern of "do work stuff at day, do investigations that lead to lewd events at night". While it's fine in the demo, it might get repetitive and predictable after a while. I think it's good to keep the frequency of the lewd events a bit unpredictable as the story progresses (maybe some evenings there are no lewd events, maybe some pop up during daytime), but i'm sure you already have a plan for how the story will progress.
I totally agree. In fact, I didn't realize how that looked in an overall shape, but surely felt it while doing the second quest (dog/perpetrator). But don't worry, for the next events it won't be like that - at least that's not the intention. And about other pop-ups: those'll be in too, even if it's some pin-up or mild harassment like that part she's reaching over a shelf to grab the boss' coffee. I just didn't spend much time on side activities yet, tbh you can't interact with lots of NPCs.

2) The corruption was a bit weird in my opinion. You go from "Naive" to "Curious" and then already to "Horny"? To me horny is a temporary state you are in, but then again i'm not sure what you would replace it as :p. I guess meaningless semantics aside, the corruption felt maybe a little too fast in the demo. I'm hoping there is a way for the player to control the rate of corruption, but i'm guessing the main progression of this game after completing the main quests will be to make May more corrupt? At least that's how i understand it from your flowchart, and the whole premise of the game not being a traditional "hero defeats evil demon" kind of game. I hope you consider adding multiple endings, from good ends to "bad ends" to validate the corruption as a secondary stat, because if increasing it is the main way to progress the game it might lose its meaning.
Yes. Until she gets labeled as "Slut" it's based on the main quests.
About multiple endings: this is an interesting idea, long ago I was planning adding possibility to virgin ending, but as this is not a battle RPG it seemed a bit useless. I can think of some fitting stuff even now for the endings - such as doing only b*stiality routes and getting to a different ending. (the rest I better not talk about due to high potential of a spoiler).

3) The pseudo-animations are short, but they add soo much despite their simplicity. Personally i love them, and i'm guessing they are relatively easy to animate relative to "proper" animations?
I'm glad you like them. I was worried they looked too simple for people to actually enjoy. They are a really good mechanism (from my point of view) since it'll stretch a lewd event using not much resource, only a few extra frames and can be played in loop, then go back to static when it's time to finish.

4) It seems like you are going for a "naive inexperienced girl" when it comes to May, and i have to say so far you are doing a great job. I don't really have much to say about her character, other than curious to see how she develops. I guess one thing that i like about her is how assertive she is, as opposed to the usual pushover female main-character.
She can be a bit childish/autistic sometimes too, it's really fun writing her behavior and I'm learning a lot about it. I'm glad you like her. :3

5) For me it wasn't annoying finding out what you have to do next. I got stuck for maybe 2 minutes at the start trying to figure out why she is still saying she should get dressed when i was already wearing everything i could, only to find out that you have to switch out panties with shorts, but that was mostly due to my own stupidity i guess and the only instance where i got "stuck". I think it's important to remember that it shouldn't be super obvious what you have to do next either, as part of the fun is exploring and trying things out. If it gets too linear it can start to feel like you are just doing chores and you are being bounced around by the game telling you what to do, so definitely a balance to be struck.
Actually this issue with not telling specifically the panties are wrong is a bug. Thanks for letting me know - the intention was she mentioned it when she goes back inside with this specific string: "MAY01004 (I should change my underwear, I don't want anybody looking up my skirt like this)". Insta-fixed, thanks.

6) As i mentioned before, the part time minigames are really refreshing for an RPG-maker game, and i hope there will be more of them. They are not too grindy or boring in my opinion, but i would like to see more randomised responses by the NPC's. I can understand that they can be challenging to implement, but i'm hoping the other minigames will be different than the bartender one. More variation means less repetitiveness which means more fun for the player to explore. And also quantity < quality, i would rather you only have two part time minigames that are unique than five copies of the same bartender minigame.
Yes. I agree with everything there. I intend to add more of those later on, and not only part-timer minigames.
I was going to add stable work as a minigame too (collecting different kinds of food for the horses, moving stuff around) but it would fall in the same pattern as the pub part-timer, so it would get real close to crossing the "grindy" line.

For the end-game, though, there will be a kind of "stealth" mini-game, this one I want to implement for sure; in which you'll play the Goerio queen and make a run for it through the town without getting caught - there'll be also a set of skills she can use in order to avoid that.
This is what she looks like (design by a friend of mine, whom I'll credit properly):

Speaking of her, did you talk to Gus (the box-mover dude) after finishing the first quest? That's the introduction to another side-activity I have planned: collectibles.
In which the player will be able to collect envelopes distributed around the map containing a pin-up/picture of the Goerio queen, then unlocking a narrative by the end of it.

So i guess all in all you have a very good thing going, and you should just keep heading in the same direction. If you are able implement all that you have planned you should have a really good product that plenty of people will be eager to throw money at. I guess one last thing i could do is point out the slight spelling errors:

When doing the bartender part-timer, after taking an order and delivering it, the customer NPC replies "Why it took you so long?!", maybe correct it to "Why did it take so long?!"

The first request you can take at the notice board is called "unStable" with a capital S. To me it first looked like a character was out of bounds of the window or something, should be easy to fix this so it says "Unstable".

I think i spotted some more but i forgot to take note of where they were. Anyway, personally i'm already impressed with what you have to show and i know ill be following your work closely, so i'll be able to point them out later maybe :D. Best of luck with the development process!
I thank you for the feedback, I have a thing for long responses. Typos are all around, fixed the one you mentioned and some others.

Game looks great so far, but as for your plan chart, may I recommend you to add some after-story scenes at the end of the game? For example, many months/years later how the characters turn out. It's a great addition to providing emotional development for your characters and adds to the H hotness a lot. Please consider it :)
Sure. Some sort of follow-up story/closure is indispensable, even if you're able to undo them and continue playing. I'll have plenty of time to think nice stuff on that matter, which includes the multiple endings mentioned above. I appreciate the feedback.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hmm... Wanted to take a look, but dbr.ee hates me for some reason xP
Why not mega.nz? Have been using it for a while and it's really ok :D

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's kinda weird how the stairs at town hall are. Since it seems to be two tiles wide, the boss always walks up and down the right railing and not the actual stairs.

OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score
It's kinda weird how the stairs at town hall are. Since it seems to be two tiles wide, the boss always walks up and down the right railing and not the actual stairs.
Goddamit, I thought no one would notice this
He's a bit radical when he doesn't have his coffee. Hehe.

Hmm... Wanted to take a look, but dbr.ee hates me for some reason xP
Why not mega.nz? Have been using it for a while and it's really ok :D
dbr.ee was the first one that came into my head.
I've re-uploaded it to mega:

Cernvnnos

Reputation score
I'm addicted to her "personality" (in both ways possible).

minipotato

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
just a heads up, one can use the suspicious box they get during the investigation quest before they are supposed to and get stuck later on, and talking to the boss from the top after horse event causes may to be stuck facing the wall.

zen9o

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
when the letter drops and may notices the light, you can talk to gus again and it repeats the last convo, gus then jumps again into the wall and you are stuck unable to press anything
in the "market vandal" quest when the guard needs help and you go to the fence, if you approach from the side she doesn't jump and your stuck again

pretty good, if you keep at it, ittle become a solid game

Last edited:
OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score
when the letter drops and may notices the light, you can talk to gus again and it repeats the last convo, gus then jumps again into the wall and you are stuck unable to press anything
in the "market vandal" quest when the guard needs help and you go to the fence, if you approach from the side she doesn't jump and your stuck again
pretty good, if you keep at it, ittle become a solid game
just a heads up, one can use the suspicious box they get during the investigation quest before they are supposed to and get stuck later on, and talking to the boss from the top after horse event causes may to be stuck facing the wall.
Good stuff. I fixed those bugs as soon as you posted here. Thanks~
In fact, for some of them I already had taken measures to avoid getting stuck, except I made a couple minimal mistakes without even noticing (like the box opening thing, I forgot to add a comparison operator, the red arrow at market I put everything in a conditional branch when it should be outside). I guess that's what I get for pushing my limits and doing stuff while exhausted.

I'm sorry if it caused you guys any inconvenience, I really hope you saved before going into those events. I'll probably implement an auto-save slot before each event that controls NPCs or player character to avoid loss in similar cases. So far, this demo has unveiled important typos, bugs and logic issues. Thank you all.