What's new

[Complete - Full] 田舎生活サバイバルRPG(Country Life Survival RPG) Translation Progress

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: 田舎生活サバイバルRPG(Country Life Survival RPG) Partial Progress

Yeah, I'm at about 75-80%... I'm missing most of Charlotte's books, some scat scenes(this never gets easy >.<) and opening/ending, plus an introductory map. No ETA yet, since I do waste time fiddling with some other potential translation candidates too... But it'll be done soon-ish... I hope ;p

criss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

we wish you good luck then #we will wait:D

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh awesome, Can't wait to get my hands on this. It looks like so much fun.
:) Keep up the great work mate.

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks~

Also, I'd like some input from any of you guys that are interested in the particular idea. I had a discussion where I was told the timer in this game is too restraining and doesn't let you enjoy the game. Apparently time in the game flies by too quickly and you can't explore too much before it gets dark, and also forces you to go to the toilet sooner, eat more, etc. I didn't have a lot of issues with it while I was testing the game, but if you wanna explore further I can guess it gets more annoying.

Would you guys want me to modify the timer? By default, the game advances 5 minutes ingame for 1.66 seconds in real time. I can change this to something like 1 minute ingame for 1 second in real time, effectively making each day last thrice as more.

So if a game day is 8 minutes of real time right now, it will become 24 minutes. I can always choose a middle ground and go for something like 12-15 minutes for each day ingame, but I'd love for people who have played the game even for a bit to tell me their opinions on this. I'll also add a poll ^_^

Edit:Apparently I can only add a poll when creating a new thread... *shrug*
It's fine, I just wanna listen to your thoughts anyway~

rizo

Reputation score

Yea It would be better to add more time if that's the case.
It's always better to have more time to explore then you can end the day if you want, instead of being forced to end the day etc.
But that's just my opinion.

You have any idea when you think it will be released? So I know when I should be hyped for. LOL

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I still can't give any kind of ETA, sorry...

The main reasons are:
1)The content of the game was more than I had anticipated. I knew this wasn't just a simple H-RPG and that it had many hscenes and features, but even so, there's a lot to translate.
2)I work on other games too. That's just my pet peeve. Even if I focus on one game, I still like going in other games and translating something, be it an item name, an NPC dialogue, or an H scene. I do that all the time. This doesn't make a difference in the long run, since for example I had started translating this game before I finished my translation for Mizuna, but yeah...
3)Can't be pause real life stuff. Wish I could. There's nothing crazy going on in my life at the moment, but it's still full of responsibilities, cutting off my free time, postponing the translation more and more.

But still, I wouldn't worry if I were you. I try to work on this steadily, so I'm positive it will be done eventually >.<

Flying Llama

Reputation score

Exploration has always been a key factor for my enjoyment of these types of games so if you did add more time to explore I personally would be grateful but its up to you since you are the one translating it.

criss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i think it will be good with 12 min per day cuz while i played that time was annoying as f-word. Don't worry about time just do it slow, make progress through the lines and it should be fine:eek:

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So everyone would welcome a time extension. Good to know, I'll certainly modify it to allow you guys more freedom. Cheers~

criss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: 田舎生活サバイバルRPG(Country Life Survival RPG) Translation Progress

how progres with translation ?

rizo

Reputation score

My body is ready too. Hopefully it's all going well with the translation.

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can faintly see the light of the tunnel ^_^

All the maps have been translated, now the only thing I'm missing is more of those saucy events. I'm also working a bit on some other games I consider picking >.<

Sorry for the whole time it takes, but it's just really big. I knew it was larger than Mizuna, but the difference in content might have been too much. From now on, I'll be probably taking into consideration how many dialogues and events a game has before going for a full translation. It's not impossible, sure, but since my time to translate isn't as much as I want, it makes a large game take too much time to complete.

But the game is well worth the wait. Well, that does depend on whether you are fine with the main fetish, but still, if you don't like it, you can just be careful and take care of the calls of nature before they become a problem...

Smell y'all laterz~

rizo

Reputation score

Thanks for the update. IT's getting closer which is nice to hear. Keep being awesome :)

criss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so if i think correctly you will be able end this project in end of February if nothing bad happend
am i right?

magnss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

True.
The game seems short, but has many events.Thank you for continuing to work on the translation.

Hoboy

Reputation score

so if i think correctly you will be able end this project in end of February if nothing bad happend
am i right?
Please - don't go putting arbitrary deadlines on someone - it will be done when Elfloren thinks it's ready...no pushy pushy...:D

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

am i right?
It depends, but if I can keep translating at the current pace, I believe I MIGHT finish around March... However, I still don't want to put a deadline like that, so we all just gotta have faith ;)

Joe007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This translation is well done and the game is surely fun to play! I appreciate you taking your time to translate this one ^-^

Bandung974

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Some nice news, at leats the project is not dead :D

OP
elfloren

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No need to worry, I always finish what I start...eventually...

And the project getting delayed due to me translating other games means I might pick them too at some point. All is well ^_^