What's new

ACT [ SCAR ] MonMusu Hunter J モン娘ハンターJ RE135030 RJ135030

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

courtesy of KHTA

Surprised no one made a thread for this yet, or saw it. The next installment of the Monmusu Hunter series. It should come out some time next month. They made posts about it on their blog, over , and just recently now they posted it on DLsite and released a demo. Larger sprites and I think different gameplay. I'm currently unable to try the demo due to this computer having an audio problem (it has no audio) so the game won't run.

Someone else can post their thoughts on the demo once they give it a try. It seems like sprite sex with these larger sprites could be pretty good, although at the same time it could also cause other problems and might not look as nice as the previous games. Still looking forward to seeing it release next month.
Born to hunt, you are a legendary wrangler of monster girls on a quest
to discover new species---brave the perilous youkai region of the east!
Please enjoy this Final F*ght-style pixel anime action game.

* Ero dot animation x Action game
* 11 species of monster-musume to collect, each lovingly created pixel by pixel.
Game features include 1.5x speed, 2x zoom, optional cumshots.

Take certain quests from the hunter's guild and set out for adventure.
Your character has rapid fire and widespread ammo guns and a knife for melee.

If you take down a monmusu you have the choice of sex.
You can cancel animations anytime. (0 key / zero key)
After you've taken down a species the hunt is concluded.
You can add her to your Collection Room.
Monster girls in the Collection Room can be enjoyed anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: モン娘ハンターJ/Monmusu Hunter J

Surprised no one made a thread for this yet, or saw it. The next installment of the Monmusu Hunter series. It should come out some time next month. They made posts about it on their blog, over , and just recently now they posted it on DLsite and released a demo. Larger sprites and I think different gameplay. I'm currently unable to try the demo due to this computer having an audio problem (it has no audio) so the game won't run.

Someone else can post their thoughts on the demo once they give it a try. It seems like sprite sex with these larger sprites could be pretty good, although at the same time it could also cause other problems and might not look as nice as the previous games. Still looking forward to seeing it release next month.
Changes so far are: Instead of having the house and guild separate, all options are accessed from guild.
There's only one menu to pick from instead of multiple npcs that do different things.
Combat is now side-scrolling, Final Fight style instead of 3/4 top down view. Making combat easier and harder in ways
Instead of being placed, mobs now phase into the area.
You can upgrade the amount of ammo you carry now it seems. But it looks like the only weapon you'll have is the rapid-fire. Haven't seen the traps from first game or spread from second game as of yet.
Sprites are indeed bigger! Plus they keep the option to zoom in when having sex, but due to the bigger sprites parts of the body will extend outside the screen when zoomed in.
Quality is a little better than 2nd game. Not a huge improvement but not a downgrade either.
Seems to be a female NPC out hunting too, you meet her in the demo but I haven't finished the demo so who knows if we'll actually get some scenes with her.

Overall, I'm pretty hyped about this. Only gripe I have is it's now more critical then ever to quickly dispatch and avoid enemy attacks. I actually died during the demo....which surprised me as I went up to the 2nd or 3rd boss without dying in the first game and the 3rd boss without dying in the 2nd game.

OP
S

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Changes so far are: Instead of having the house and guild separate, all options are accessed from guild.
There's only one menu to pick from instead of multiple npcs that do different things.
Combat is now side-scrolling, Final Fight style instead of 3/4 top down view. Making combat easier and harder in ways
Instead of being placed, mobs now phase into the area.
You can upgrade the amount of ammo you carry now it seems. But it looks like the only weapon you'll have is the rapid-fire. Haven't seen the traps from first game or spread from second game as of yet.
Sprites are indeed bigger! Plus they keep the option to zoom in when having sex, but due to the bigger sprites parts of the body will extend outside the screen when zoomed in.
Quality is a little better than 2nd game. Not a huge improvement but not a downgrade either.
Seems to be a female NPC out hunting too, you meet her in the demo but I haven't finished the demo so who knows if we'll actually get some scenes with her.

Overall, I'm pretty hyped about this. Only gripe I have is it's now more critical then ever to quickly dispatch and avoid enemy attacks. I actually died during the demo....which surprised me as I went up to the 2nd or 3rd boss without dying in the first game and the 3rd boss without dying in the 2nd game.
Pretty good to know. I guess they wanted to up the difficulty since the first and second game really wasn't, except the final boss which was more about a game of luck since the boss' patterns were either easy or annoying. Not that I mind, the first two games were pretty much the same for me. Didn't die until the last boss in which it was about getting a good run, what with the stuff being thrown at you and the life draining and such.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty good to know. I guess they wanted to up the difficulty since the first and second game really wasn't, except the final boss which was more about a game of luck since the boss' patterns were either easy or annoying. Not that I mind, the first two games were pretty much the same for me. Didn't die until the last boss in which it was about getting a good run, what with the stuff being thrown at you and the life draining and such.
Actually, I'm gonna take back what I said. Unless they up the AI, this game is going to be far easier than the the first two games. When I retried and noticed you can walk up and down....it's all to easy to avoid being hit there's just a little learning curve to aiming properly.

There is a bug with the bosses though, like the 2nd game after you defeat a girl she will attempt to slowly run away. In this game they can actually succeed in this. However if bosses do it and run to the farthest point of the area...they will get stuck on the invisible wall...which is just outside of the area you're allowed to walk to. Meaning, you can never sex up the boss thus completing the level. If you have a good thing of health remaining, this isn't too big of a deal as you can just leave and walk back in (granted you have to re-do the fight) but if you're low on health it's pretty much a guaranteed death as I've yet to see the monster girls drop air supply like in the 2nd game.

Also, once I played the game in full-screen....I noticed I down played the sprite quality some. This more than "a little better", this is an definite, noticeable improvement over the 2nd game. I don't know what the hell was wrong with my eyes the first run I did in the demo.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Actually, I'm gonna take back what I said. Unless they up the AI, this game is going to be far easier than the the first two games. When I retried and noticed you can walk up and down....it's all to easy to avoid being hit there's just a little learning curve to aiming properly.

There is a bug with the bosses though, like the 2nd game after you defeat a girl she will attempt to slowly run away. In this game they can actually succeed in this. However if bosses do it and run to the farthest point of the area...they will get stuck on the invisible wall...which is just outside of the area you're allowed to walk to. Meaning, you can never sex up the boss thus completing the level. If you have a good thing of health remaining, this isn't too big of a deal as you can just leave and walk back in (granted you have to re-do the fight) but if you're low on health it's pretty much a guaranteed death as I've yet to see the monster girls drop air supply like in the 2nd game.

Also, once I played the game in full-screen....I noticed I down played the sprite quality some. This more than "a little better", this is an definite, noticeable improvement over the 2nd game. I don't know what the hell was wrong with my eyes the first run I did in the demo.
haha, maybe you were just tired when you played it the first time, who knows. Seems like we'll have to make use of save points before bosses then if thats the case, granted they kept those in from the last two games. That way if you get glitched, just restart the fight with all your stuff back.

As for the sprite detail, yeah, they deleted the old post announcing the game from months ago, but they actually mentioned that. They made the sprites bigger specifically to allow them to work on the sprites in more detail to give them more freedom in design and such. Now we just gotta wait to see what other levels and monsters they add. Maybe the girls will drop air supplies and/or ammo in the full version or something, who knows.

Cosby

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't wait! :D

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looking at the screens, not a fan of the "upgrades". At least the old 3/4 view was original/not used often. This looks like a poorly made LoK game now. Those screenshots look so boring and uninspiring x.X

OP
S

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Looking at the screens, not a fan of the "upgrades". At least the old 3/4 view was original/not used often. This looks like a poorly made LoK game now. Those screenshots look so boring and uninspiring x.X
its pretty different, it'll be interesting to see if their next game will be similar or if they take a different approach with the larger sprites, but it's honestly not that bad and is definitely way better than LoK. Not to mention the sprite sex is just as good, if not better, than the old games.

>implying LoK looks better than this.

Spiderman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You couldn't have choose a worst comparison?

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I liked the first one, but I think I remember it getting boring pretty quickly? I suppose all h-games get boring at a rate that is totally reliant on your personal preference when it comes to sprites, visuals, girls, etc... Either way, I enjoyed it.

I'm dead broke, so if anyone is willing to share the game, please PM me. I'd really appreciate it.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

well it's just 58mb so there's no way something so small can be great,
anyway are there any links jet?

not that i need that game but 58mb don't take too much space in my collections
(over 350gb free space for stuff):D

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

just 58 mb not being good?
back in my day the n64 games had anywhere from 5 to 64 mb
so for a 2d game to have that much it has to have some amount of content as long as it not all custom music and voice packs.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just 58 mb not being good?
back in my day the n64 games had anywhere from 5 to 64 mb
so for a 2d game to have that much it has to have some amount of content as long as it not all custom music and voice packs.
Cartridge media at the time could not support a higher filesize, if a game was on both the PS1 and the N64 yet the PS1's disc media was of a particularly larger filesize, it means the N64 version either had some content cut and/or used audio compression. Usually the amount and/or quality of the audio contributes to a large file size for a video game, that why games that are ripped are considerably smaller in size compared to the original. High quality artwork can also contribute to a large file size but it's usually the audio.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah I'm not interested in this so far. I loved the 2nd one, but it seems like he just trashed all the stuff that made his game unique to become some generic crap. I thought the 2nd one was really charming, nothing wrong with the sprite size. The 2.5d was really nice and was interesting to maneuver through to kite enemies and such around obstacles. I remember trying to escape from those snake critters and such, nice retro feel and all.

Someone who has played the 2nd one, lemme know how it is? Otherwise I'm probably passing. Those screenshots are so terrible to look at x.x And no, I don't mean the art. I mean the 2d enemies walking forward even though they aren't lined up with you until they can move down or up towards you, ugh. It doesn't look like they can walk diagonally?

Last edited:
OP
S

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah I'm not interested in this so far. I loved the 2nd one, but it seems like he just trashed all the stuff that made his game unique to become some generic crap. I thought the 2nd one was really charming, nothing wrong with the sprite size. The 2.5d was really nice and was interesting to maneuver through to kite enemies and such around obstacles. I remember trying to escape from those snake critters and such, nice retro feel and all.

Someone who has played the 2nd one, lemme know how it is? Otherwise I'm probably passing. Those screenshots are so terrible to look at x.x And no, I don't mean the art. I mean the 2d enemies walking forward even though they aren't lined up with you until they can move down or up towards you, ugh. It doesn't look like they can walk diagonally?

This one really isn't that bad, I think a lot of you are just being really too judgmental. :T
I managed to play this one and it really wasn't that bad. Yeah its a lot different than the first two and the sideways looking sprites look a bit cheesy but it's not that bad. I don't remember the monsters ever going diagonal in the first two games, so I don't see how that's any different here seeing how they just go up and down in this game as well. It's a lot more like the first game where every level was pretty much a straight shot to the boss, only now your options are progressing or backtracking with only being able to fire left and right. The controls aren't that bad either, it still controls on somewhat of a grid so they move on like, five horizontal lines a space at a time, depending on their speed.

Not to mention the game supplements this new design with more monsters. You got like, what, two or three monsters per screen in the previous game? In this one, since its easier to line up shots to hit multiple monsters, you can encounter 3, 4, maybe 5 monsters per screen. You get more of them coming at you to compensate for having less area to maneuver in.

Also it doesn't really affect the sprite sex at all, so I don't see the problem in that department. I believe you get the monster right away as well, unless they changed it.

Anticor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow I've been gone too long. There is already 3 games in this series? The sprites do look nice. I'm also a big Final Fight fan so I may find this one enjoyable. Anyone have a list of which monster girls appear? I'm admittedly biased to the winged types- succubus, harpy, angel, fairy, etc. Are they are least present?

I did play the first one but did not get very far. From the sound of it here the 2nd one is the best? Will have to pick them both up asap. :D

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow I've been gone too long. There is already 3 games in this series? The sprites do look nice. I'm also a big Final Fight fan so I may find this one enjoyable. Anyone have a list of which monster girls appear? I'm admittedly biased to the winged types- succubus, harpy, angel, fairy, etc. Are they are least present?

I did play the first one but did not get very far. From the sound of it here the 2nd one is the best? Will have to pick them both up asap. :D
This game focus more on the eastern mon-musu. So as far as winged mobs go, I know of tengu but I haven't played much yet.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I give, I can't find a working link. Help would much obliged.

OP
S

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I give, I can't find a working link. Help would much obliged.
That's cause there isnt one yet, as far as I know. Might be because of the style, went a little under the radar since, well, a lot of people don't like the new 2d side scrolling aspect of it. Still, kinda surprising its been a few days and a link hasn't shown up anywhere. Just gotta be patient until then.