Sci Fi/Mecha Something

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Sci Fi/Mecha Something

I'll play either side. Are you planning on having us all be on one side? or were you thinking of having two (or more) different groups?
Well, going to see what players want, if they want to do some on each side, then I will accommodate.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Would the ones on opposite sides be fighting each other, or would it be individual threads and such with our characters fighting our race's enemies and all?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would personally prefer not to be involved in PvP myself. You know how I stat things well enough by now to realize that I don't minmax very well or very often. That said, I'm still undecided on whether I'd prefer to play human or xeno, but you've got enough interest now to let people play xeno if they want to I think. I'll have to wait and see more of the fluff, if that's one the way. If not, I'll just look over that doc you showed me again and figure things out from there.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah I feel the same as Tass, I'd rather not play PvP myself as well. As to whether or not I'd like to play human or xeno though, I'm still undecided as well. I'd have to see a little more stuff like the pros and cons of either race first before I make my final decision on which I'd rather play as.

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

PVP won't occur unless the players want to. Infact, players will likely not meet up unless they wish to.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd prefer that no PvP takes place, just because it's no fun worrying about balance issues right off the bat. Space is a big enough place that I'm sure two opposing side groups could be stationed at different places.

Green_Jay

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Honestly, I'd like it if we stuck to PvE. Maybe there could be crossover scenes, maybe there could be scenes where all the players agree to it. But making the whole game PvP leads to more min/maxing and less character development. I'd rather play alongside characters who aren't cardboard cutouts (like organized gaming usually is at my local game shop...)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Interested, though I'd prefer PvE rather than PvP.

Also, out of curiosity - what kind of weaponry would be in use? is it going to be energy-based sci-fi fare, or something more realistic, like mecha-sized slugthrowers? Or perhaps something a bit more unusual than that, like gyrojet weaponry?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Seems pretty unanimous, I wouldn't enjoy PvP either. Which is kind of funny, cause I immediately pictured scenes with players from the other side when people expressed interest in both, heh.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, out of curiosity - what kind of weaponry would be in use? is it going to be energy-based sci-fi fare, or something more realistic, like mecha-sized slugthrowers? Or perhaps something a bit more unusual than that, like gyrojet weaponry?
Both. I saw the weapons list, you can basically choose between slug throwers or energy weapons in both ranged and melee forms. I don't know about the weirder stuff though, I wasn't looking for it. You'd have to wait for Loli to answer you.

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There'll be whatever weapons I can think of adding, if there are weapons that are requested but not listed in the final document, I'll add them. Somehow.

Also with all the concerns about PvP, there won't be any forced PvP, if PvP is desired for some reason (rape? sparring? sparring rape?) then I will organize such.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone against the invaders or something, as long as whoever I teamed up with didn't bum out on me or anything. Just bring on the tentacles and whatnot at my futa character, should I be able to get one of course. Also Loli, what kinds of mechs are we looking at for this? Something like Gundams, or more like the Sakura Wars mechs? if you've already specified this earlier in the thread, then please humor me, cause I'm lazy.

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone against the invaders or something, as long as whoever I teamed up with didn't bum out on me or anything. Just bring on the tentacles and whatnot at my futa character, should I be able to get one of course. Also Loli, what kinds of mechs are we looking at for this? Something like Gundams, or more like the Sakura Wars mechs? if you've already specified this earlier in the thread, then please humor me, cause I'm lazy.
Probably closer to Mechwarrior/Battletech/Gundam type, although the stubby Sakura Taisen bots could be done as well.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm... Feeling torn here. On one hand, I like the idea of going power armor route like RJ wanted, but on the other hand, I do like Mechwarrior and Heavy Gear. Guess I'll wait and see what the options for customization are.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I prefer size of mech you get in Sakura Wars and Appleseed Ithink, but I think I'll roll with the usual building-sized mech this game. Why not.

ArchAngelGundam

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

With a name like mine, I'm ready when you are. Just point me in the right direction, and I'll give these invaders a war they won't soon forget. Hooah!

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I prefer size of mech you get in Sakura Wars and Appleseed Ithink, but I think I'll roll with the usual building-sized mech this game. Why not.
Currently players can choose between the size of personnel (Think power armor/suits) to Warship.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I personally prefer the Gundam type mobile suits myself, so that's what I'm choosing for my character regardless as to whether or not she'll be human. I'm going to go for something like this in terms of mobile suit looks. , or this, , or this, .