Secret Apocalypse

OP
Tomoe

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Secret Apocalypse

Okay, let's set things straight...

SPELLS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MULTI-TALENTED! MULTI-TALENTED LET'S YOU CHOOSE AN ADDITIONAL CATEGORY TO SPECIALIZE IN.

That put aside, Void is only available at Level 5.

EX: Level 1
Let's say I've chosen multi-talented.

I'd get something like this:
Raw:
Level 1: Blast

Move Tech:
Level 1: Power Leap

Mind:
Level 1: Pressure

Upon reaching level 2, I'd also gain:

Raw:

Level 2: Improved Blast

Move Tech:
Level 2: Throw

Custom Spell: You make one or I will for you.

(I gain nothing for Mind as my secondary specialization must remain one spell behind...excluding Custom mades)

Note: Customs spells are available at every level starting from Level 2

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey Tomoe where are the rules for the game located?

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, I think what is confusing me is the fact that the elemental skills are listed differently than the rest. For example you have the raw ones at level 1-5, but with your elemental/void...

Void is level 5 to use, but the other four have their own level tiers, and aren't showing the same as the others in the list, fi that makes any sense.

So I guess what I am needing to know here is, say I take Fire Element here, which is somewhat likely now. I can get void at level 5, yada yada. What about the other three elements? The way I am reading this, I would need the multi-talent to access any of the other three. I might be wrong, and forgive me if I am not getting this through. This is what happens when I decide to try and create a character and understand a system without enough sleep.

Edit:
Hey Tomoe where are the rules for the game located?
First page I believe has everything you should need there.

OP
Tomoe

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

Uhh.. they are scattered throughout the first page... Just search for big boldy words...

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, rules for sexual combat are up. Consensual sex is not accounted for by this as you and the player or npc are not really fighting.

I'm going to ask a Aika for a subforum at around 9:30PM in my time zone which is approximately 5 hours and 40 minutes from now.
I can't find that =/

OP
Tomoe

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright.. I'll group it all up into one post.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Post 28 in the first page

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sexual Combat

Once grappled, the golem can attempt to penetrate you.
Penetration will be rolled as such: Golem's Fort + 5 vs Your Dex or Fort + a D20 for you.
(Trust me, you'll need that d20)

Once penetrated, a roll will be made for stimulation. The roll is made as follows.
Golem rolls Fort + D10 and subtract your mind + D20 from that number.
Note: You can't get negative arousal, the stimulation can only be negated.

Escaping penetration uses the same dice rolls as avoiding penetration.

Also, Dia... I'm not sure if you understood but you get custom Spells/Techniques when you level up. So save those things for later! :p

There it is for you.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Note: Numbers being next to each other mean multiplication
Stuff for your character

Stats: You have 30 points to allocate as you want over 4 different stats. No stat can exceed 25.
Fortitude: Your general strength and endurance. Allows you to take more hits from monsters despite the fact that they hit hard, increases energy and helps with any athletic feat you must overcome.
Dexterity: This is your speed and finesse. It gives you the initiative in battle as well as dodging and fleeing as well as escaping grapple.
Mind: Your mental strength. Increases energy, aids with quite a few psy techniques and decides maximum arousal damage you receive before orgasm.
Intelligence/Luck: The trait of everything. It boosts all mind, dexterity and fortitude checks while increasing the chance of you finding something to either increase your chances of critically hitting in a fight or finding a hidden item.

Derived Stats
Health: How much of a beating you can take before falling unconscious. 2(2Fortitude+Mind)
Energy: Is spent on movement, actions and spells. 3[2(Fortitude) +3(Mind) + (Dexterity)]
Arousal: 5(Mind)
Grappling: Fortitude + Dexterity
Critical hit chance: 2(Luck)
Initiative Bonus: Dexterity + ½(Luck)
Psy: ½ [Mind+ ½ (Luck)]

Traits/Quirks/Abilities Etc
You have 50 points available to you to spend on these. Note that some have prerequisites.
(Cost:5 points)Martial Artist (Grappling): Gives you a +2 on escaping grapple or grappling a target (I have no idea why you’d want to grapple a golem)
(Cost 5 points)Martial Artist (General): You can use a physical attack that would actually prove affective on the golems. Damage is equal to D(Fortitude/2)+(level) and the use of 5 energy is required. A physical check versus the golem’s dexterity is used to determine whether the attack hits or not. You also gain a +2 when choosing to defend against attacks.
(Cost:10 points)Preparation: You have great planning skills and it gives a boost to your next action. You can choose to waste on action on this or both an action and a move. Using one action gives a +3 to your next check. Using both a move and an action gives you a +5 on your next check.
(Cost:10 points)Aware: You are aware of your surroundings and instead of a vague environment description; you are given extra info that can be used to your advantage. (Ex: Normal= You see many trees cover what at first seemed to be a forest outside. The air is a bit chilly. Aware= The ground around you is slightly damp with water and you notice many trees around you. With a quick glance you are able to discern the location of the exit, it is to the north. There is a decent amount of wind which makes the room seem chilly. You realize that you are in fact still inside the building. You see something move from behind a tree though you may be seeing things. All you know was that it was small.)
(Cost:10 points)Quick-learner: You gain an additional 10% experience from each fight.
(Cost:10 points)Fit: You have an additional 15 stamina. This may be taken more than once.
(Cost:15 points)A Natural: Believe it or not, you have a knack for these psy attacks. You gain a +1 to any psy tech roll.
(Cost:15 points)Multi-talented: Prerequisites: Quick Learner, A Natural: Allows you to take an additional psy tech. However, at level 1 you have the level 1 spells in both. Upon reaching level 2, one of them must stay behind at level 1 and the other can proceed to level 2. At level 3, one is level 3 and the other is level2. You get the point.
(Cost:15 points)Plain, Raw Power: You can’t harness the psy energy you have properly and so some of the energy can only come through raw techs. +2 to raw tech rolls.
(Cost:10 points)Fast: You get a +3 bonus to initiative and +1 to dodging.
(Cost:5 points)Meditate: You gain 10*your level in energy while you rest for an entire turn.
(Cost:10 points)Athletic: +1 to Fortitude checks
(Cost:10 points)An Intellectual: +1 to Mind checks
(Cost:10 points)Lucky: +1 to Luck checks
(Cost:10 points)Dexterous: +1 to Dexterity checks
(Cost:15 points)Improved Meditate: Prerequisite: Meditate: You gain 25* your level in energy while you rest for an entire turn.
(Cost:10 points)Jack of all Trades: Prerequisites: Athletic, Intellectual, Lucky, Dexterous: Instead of adding just +1 to the checks, the stats themselves go up by 1 each.

Psy Techs
Raw:
Level 1: Blast: D6 Damage+ ½ Psy Range: 5ft Cost: 10 energy
Level 2: Improved Blast: D10 Damage + ½ Psy Range: 5ft Cost: 20 energy
Level 3: Multi Blast: 3D4Damage + ½ Psy Range: 10ft Cost: 30 energy
Level 4: Focused: Your blasts now use all your psy instead of ½
Level 5: Psy Bomb: D20 Damage+ Psy You expel much of your psy energy and deal damage to up to 3 enemies. Range: 15ft All enemies must be in range. Cost: 50 energy

Blade:
1: Disk Slice: D6 Damage+1/2 Psy Range: 10ft Ignores up to (Level) damage mitigation Cost: 15 energy
2:Body blade: When grappled, each turn you do D4 Damage, ignores up to (Level) damage mitigation Lasts 5 Rounds Range: Yourself Cost: 15 energy
3:Sharpen: Your next Blade tech will have doubled chance of critical hit, and ignores all damage mitigation. Cost: 25 energy Range: Yourself
4: Sharp Mind: An additional ½ psy is added to the damage of all Blade techs.
5: Pierce: D10 Damage + Psy A concentrated strike that is deadly. 50% Chance of increasing next attack’s damage by 50%. Ignores all damage mitigation. Cost: 50 energy Range:10ft

Shield (Reversal was added into this one):
1: Basic Shield: Psy= Damage Mitigation for 7 rounds Cost:20 energy
2: Slipping away: Psy is added to Dodge for 7 rounds Cost: 20 energy
3: Reversal: Psy= damage done back to the enemy when they attack you for 5 rounds even if they miss. Cost: 25 energy
4: Improved Sheild: Basic Sheild’s Damage Mitigation is doubled. Also, energy cost is doubled.
5: Deflection: 50% Chance to deflect an attack away from you for 7 rounds Cost: 30 energy

Mind:
1: Pressure: You stun the opponent for D3 rounds. 50% chance of failure. Cost:10 energy Range:15ft
2: Psychic Scream: The enemy had a 50% chance of hurting itself as well as you upon their next attack. D6+Psy Damage. Cost: 20 Range:10ft
3: Brain crush: D6+2(Psy) Damage. 25% chance of causing blindness which will either have the opponent stay still or run in a random direction. Cost: 25 energy Range:10ft
4: Improved Mind: All chances are now increased by 25% except reprogramming.
5: Reprogramming: You mess with the opponents mind. 35% chance to lose function in one limb for the golem. If it fails, D20+Psy damage is done. Cost: 40 energy Range: 5ft

Move Tech( combined with Telekinesis):
1: Power Leap: You leap 20 ft away from the opponent, also crossing almost any gaps you come across. Cost: 5 energy. Uses: both the move and action.
2:Throw: You throw a flurry of nearby inanimate object at the golem. 5D3 Damage. Cost: 15 energy Range:5ft
3: Push: Pushes the golem 10 ft back If it fails, it has a 50% chance of knocking the golem down which causes it to use one action to get up but still preserving its move action. Cost: 20 energy Range: 5ft
4:Lightning strike: Through a combination of psy-enhanced movements, you strike the creature quickly from a distance. D15+Psy Damage. Effect: You can attack from up to 10ft away and then use a move action. Cost: 35 energy Range:10ft
5: Levitation: You float almost effortlessly and at a quick pace. Cost:40 at the beginning of combat only. Lasts the entire battle and no movement energy is needed. You can cross all gaps and move at a constant pace of 10ft per turn. Increases Dodge rolls by 5.

Void/Element Tech
For this, you choose one at a time per level. Void is at level 5.
Water: You suck up moisture from around you and utilize it for your purposes. (Level)D4 damage+ ½ psy
35% chance to cause enemy to fall. (Requires an action to get up but retains movement) Range:10ft
Flame: Using the elements around you, you create a flame which you blow towards your enemy as it becomes the equivalent of a flamethrower. (Level) D5 damage + psy. Range:5ft
Air: A cyclone surrounds the golem, reducing its movement to half and damage from outside sources to half for 1 round. (Level)D2 damage before the damage halving occurs unless you reuse it. Range:10ft
Earth: Rocks shoots up from the ground. (Level) D5 damage+ ½ psy Range: 10ft
All of these cost for Level 1: 10 Level 2: 20 Level 3:25 Level 4: 35 Level 5:40
Void: Combines 2 random elements and add the effects/ damages of both into one spell
Cost: 80

If you want stuff added just let me know... I'll see if it needs to be modified or not... Next up is combat....

Note: You may want to wait until combat rules are up before making a character. Either that or edit it later after I make them.

Leveling Up

When you level up, you gain the next level in your current specialization unless you have a certain Quirk (read multi-talented).

The benefits of a level-up are:
+4 points to to add to stats
+5 points for Quirks and the like (You don't lose them if you don't use them)
+1 spell in your Psy Tech and 1 for Raw Tech
and upon reaching level 2, you can create your own ability every level which must fall under your psy category(Raw doesn't count). It of course, will be checked by me. If you don't feel up to it, you can ask me to create one for you. I'll even make a different one if you don't like the first suggestion. (It would be wise not to test my patience though.)
You also gain an additional (Level)*10 stamina.

This space is reserved for Combat

Combat

Every turn, you get one move and one action.

A move can be used in 8 ways.
You can choose a direction first of all. North, south, west or east.
You can also choose the distance you wish to cover. 5ft or 10ft or 15ft. 5ft requires no energy at all. 10ft require 5 energy and 15ft requires 15 energy.
That should be pretty simple.
Without Power Leap, you cannot cross gaps 5ft or wider.

Just to give you an idea, most golems move 10ft at a time.
Actions are used on any attacks or techniques used.

Physical attacks (most of the time you're on the recieving end) require a distance of 5ft.

Distance of spells vary.
The damage for spells are listed.

I will do all rolls, however I'll probably be too lazy to show them. I will also keep track of your stamina and stat decreases. You must keep track of the rest.

To hit with a spell/technique, (I'll interchange them) you must roll a d20 and add your psy to hit. You must then overcome 5 + the Golem's Dexterity.
For a golem to hit, it will be 10 + Golem's fort versus d20 + your dex.
For you to hit a golem with martial arts, you must add your Fort to a d20 and overcome 5+ Golem's Dex.
Grappling will be golem's Fort + D20 versus D20 + your Grappling

When you attack a golem you can choose various parts of their body to attack:
The core: When attacking the core, you gain a +(Level)*10 bonus to your critical hit chance. The core always accounts for the golem's full health.
The arms: The arms are equal to 1/(number of limbs) health and when attacked will decrease the amount of full health like a normal attack. When enough damage is done to a single arm, the golem loses 1/(number of arms) Fortitude.
The legs:The legs use the same formula and facts as the arms except when one is destroyed, the golem loses 1/(number of legs) Dexterity.

You have a 99% chance of hitting the right target if your attack does in fact hit.

Finally, critical hits triple damage done on your part. Only certain golems can critically hit and the multiplier will be X2 for them.
To critically hit, your critical hit will be rolled with a d100 versus the Golem's maximum health.

Damage mitigation will be the number deducted from the gross damage. Net damage is applied to health.

Not much else to say here.

Sexual Combat

Once grappled, the golem can attempt to penetrate you.
Penetration will be rolled as such: Golem's Fort + 5 vs Your Dex or Fort + a D20 for you.
(Trust me, you'll need that d20)

Once penetrated, a roll will be made for stimulation. The roll is made as follows.
Golem rolls Fort + D10 and subtract your mind + D20 from that number.
Note: You can't get negative arousal, the stimulation can only be negated.

Escaping penetration uses the same dice rolls as avoiding penetration.

Also, Dia... I'm not sure if you understood but you get custom Spells/Techniques when you level up. So save those things for later! :p

That should be all of it, I got ya covered there Tomoe. Hope ya don't mind...

OP
Tomoe

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

:eek:Oh... I just worked on creating a new thread and rebolding all the words though. :'( I feel useless.

Anyhow, we have our own subsection and an OOC thread as the character one is a bit messy.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Got it all copy and pasted. Thanks Siphon.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well at least it's in two places now Tomoe, so it can't be said that it can't be found now :D

Your not useless at all, so lose that thought :D

On another note, I'm just going to start with fire on my character, and when it comes time for level I'll just go over things with you, that way I'm more likely to actually be awake enough to understand hat your trying to tell me, cuz right now, things just are not processing properly for whatever reason.

OP
Tomoe

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyhoo, the game will most likely be up and running tommorow.. it'll be a slow start though as I have little to no time on the weekend.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh wow. The forum for it is up. Sweet. Can we have a thread for characters only? Or would that be too much of a hassle?
Edit: Also where new players can put their characters at so it's easy to locate them :D.
2nd Edit: How much fortitude are we talking about here? (golem) Give an estimate please?

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, let's set things straight...

SPELLS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MULTI-TALENTED! MULTI-TALENTED LET'S YOU CHOOSE AN ADDITIONAL CATEGORY TO SPECIALIZE IN.

That put aside, Void is only available at Level 5.

EX: Level 1
Let's say I've chosen multi-talented.

I'd get something like this:
Raw:
Level 1: Blast

Move Tech:
Level 1: Power Leap

Mind:
Level 1: Pressure

Upon reaching level 2, I'd also gain:

Raw:

Level 2: Improved Blast

Move Tech:
Level 2: Throw

Custom Spell: You make one or I will for you.

(I gain nothing for Mind as my secondary specialization must remain one spell behind...excluding Custom mades)

Note: Customs spells are available at every level starting from Level 2
While this is helpful, many of the questions that involved leveling up spells involved elemental tech. I think the real question is how elemental tech works. Is it basically 5 different techs or what?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm basically appears that way. Elemental is more of your *average spell maker* since you have the void element. With the void element you can shoot spells off and remeber them forever. So basically void = 7 extra spells all by itself. Water fire; water air; water earth; fire air; fire earth; air earth. There is of course another way to look at it. Water fire;FW; water air;AW; water earth;EW; fire air;AF; fire earth;EF; air earth; EA (earth air)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there still time for someone else to throw in the gauntlet? If so, consider this my placeholder, will bring her to life when I get home

Name: Felicity Lachance

Bio/pic: (pure profile pic on this one, i think it fits quite well) One of those girls who just seem to breeze through life, Felicity never had any real problems before, even though she seems grossly incompetent at almost everything. She walks into an exam thinking about what she's doing after school, and walks out with 90% without even checking her answers. She finds a twenty on the ground not ten minutes before the ice cream truck rolls by. A complete airhead, she has many friends, but not many close ones. Full of unfounded confidence and a zest for life, she's always pushing to go see what's around the next bend.

Sex: Female

Stats:
Fortitude: 4
Dexterity: 5
Mind: 4
Intelligence/Luck: 21

Health: 24
Energy: 75
Arousal: 20
Grappling: 9
Critical Hit Chance: 42
Initiative Bonus: 15.5
Psy: 7.25

Traits/Quirks:
Athletic (10)
Dextrous (10)
An Intellectual (10)
Lucky (10)
Jack of all Trades (10)

Psy Abilities/Tech:
Raw:
Level 1: Blast: D6 Damage+ ½ Psy Range: 5ft Cost: 10 energy

Shield:
Level 1: Basic Shield: Psy=Damage Mitigation for 7 rounds Cost:20 energy

Experience: 0/10

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Still time. Just make when u can.

OP
Tomoe

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, when I get back I will make a character list and and estimate of their fortitude is about 20.