What's new

Secret Defeat The Tentacles 1 - Neutral Win

OP
Lumarin

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Secret Defeat The Tentacles 1 - Neutral Win

Aww, I was REALLY hoping aika WAS a superfool. That'd have been awesome.

How would Aika have won exactly?
Aika would have been able to win by getting it down to a 1v1v1 with good/aika/demon and then voting the good or demon off, whereupon aika would win, like Pakars did in my last game.

Penguin

Lurker
Reputation score

Drat. I thought we might ought to have gone after Toxic earlier. Oh well.

Still, awesome game Lumarin. Your secret games are always super fun!

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I was wondering when you would. I pretty much outed myself as "The essence of good" and then the next round, I looked at Luma's post saying "The essence of good, Ryu, has died" I was like shitting.

OP
Lumarin

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

I was wondering when you would. I pretty much outed myself as "The essence of good" and then the next round, I looked at Luma's post saying "The essence of good, Ryu, has died" I was like shitting.
Lol, and then you won XD.

OP
Lumarin

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone want to comment on how the game was balanced? I tried my very hardest to make it so that even if the demons got super lucky on round 1 and killed the best powers off, it'd still be sort of even.

I wasn't really sure I had pulled it off well until the end of the game, but in hindsight, maybe it needs a small tweak or two.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think it was lucky that Mega chose to kill Ryu if he died, in essence, limiting things. I felt it was balanced between groups but not so much between people.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

My whole plan of "look invincible to both night actions and lynching" failed when ToxicShock was like "So I herd some things about you being invincible... I'm sending some demons your way, k?"

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, in all honesty I never did, but yeah, that was going to be my strategy

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

i killed you when toxic told me of your fake power

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I didn't start talking to you til after Aika died.

ToxicShock said:
Also, Aika was the fool. Or rather, the "hyperfool" supposedly meaning auto win for lynching but also, anyone who attacks him dies. Now, this is where I'm confused cuz I have no idea how Aika died.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

wait... i think i gots it backwards... aw well my memery s been crap

Reputation score

Just for fun, here's how the game went from my perspective. I refer to everyone as their character's gender...

Night 1: I scanned Ryu. Since her powers hadn't manifested themselves yet, she appeared as a normal to me, though with a strange mark on her. She was also a person I could make kill another, but I decided to hold off on that, fearing some trap from the mark.

Day 1: We wake up, Siphon is dead. Immediately, I began to suspect Garfield, who somehow seemed to think the obvious murder was a suicide. The only thing that kept me from being totally certain was the fact that she could either have been a really stupid character or might have been a Demon, which would make her want the normal people to die.

When Keylo suggested that this was the work of mind-control, this made me suspect Keylo of being the killer and of having said power. This suspicion was only tempered by the fact that it would be incredibly stupid to announce knowledge of such a power, which would suggest that the person has it. Of course, that in itself could have been a ploy, using reverse-psychology to suggest that person didn't have that power, but I didn't recurse any farther than that third reversal, because it could've continued forever in that vein.

The trinket found on Siphon's body seemed a bit suspicious. I suspected it might have been the medium through which Siphon was mind-controlled into killing herself. The fact that Penguin was the first person to get it suggested to me that she might have been its owner, and that she was planning to use it to kill again. I decided to count on this not being the case, and made up a BS story about being Siphon's oh-so-close friend and wanting the trinket as as a memento. I figured if Penguin was really using the trinket to kill people, she would almost certainly let me have it. My plan was to get ahold of it, then later foist it off on somebody else, claiming that the memories of Siphon were only making me feel bad. I figured if the person I gave it to wound up dead, the trinket would be almost certainly the method of killing, and, Garfield notwithstanding, Penguin would almost certainly be the killer. However, Penguin instead refused it, and I didn't press the point, for fear of appearing suspicious.

Keylo then dared the demons to rape her, suggesting to me a powerful defense. This made me fearful of trying to scan her, even though I also suspected it could simply be a trick, and that she might not have any powers at all. I was tempted to have Ryu go try and kill her, but decided to take the cautious route instead. In retrospect, I should've taken that opportunity while I still had it, as Keylo proved to be one of my greatest nemeses during the end game. The fact that Aika also dared the demons to rape Keylo suggested to me that she might possibly be a demon as well, and that she might've been using those dares to make it seem like when Keylo hypothetically got raped that night, that she wasn't a demon, since she had been egging on the demons and acting like she wasn't one. Of course, that didn't happen, which only makes the thoughts in this paragraph even more convoluted.

Bartnum first nominated herself for lynching. I suspected her of being either a Fool or a Demon using reverse-psychology. I was leaning toward the latter, incidentally. The fact that Pakars seemed to wake up that day with a head cold suggested to me that she might have been the killer as well.

Night 2: We all got knocked out. That sucked.

Day 2: Penguin came right out and claimed responsibility for knocking us all out, and revealed as well that Bartnum was a Demon. I believed her, especially given the message she'd sent me last night and the disappearance of her trinket. Bartnum came right out and admitted it, then voted to have herself killed. Eventually, she killed herself as a result of GM decision.

Night 3: I scanned Aika and was fooled into believing she was the Hyper-Fool, and that I couldn't control her. Garfield then killed her, much to my surprise, and left a note admitting to being the killer. Since Garfield had been one of my prime suspects all along, I took the note at face value and not as a simple ploy, and believed it.

Day 3: We wake up, find Aika dead, find the note, and decide not to kill Garfield. For my own part, I decided not to because I wanted to see if I could convince Garfield to kill someone for me. Additionally, I really was nervous about Garfield possibly being beyond our reach in that position, though I exaggerated the extent of those fears. At best I considered it rather unlikely.

...And then Toxic dropped a bombshell that scared the hell out of me. She revealed what my power was in public, which made me instantly suspect that she had scanned me and knew my identity. I made an extremely rash action and blabbed to Toxic, admitting my power but claimed to be a half-blood, saying that I only scanned as a Demon. To my chagrin, she responded saying that she hadn't actually scanned me, leaving me even more confused, though I had a slight suspicion that such a statement was just a ploy.

Meanwhile, the callous and uncaring reaction of MegaMickel to Aika's death, to say nothing of Garfield's admission of guilt, suggested to me that she was almost certainly either a demon or somebody who wanted to see us all dead, and so I began to consider her a threat at that point.

Night 4: Now, at this point I considered it highly likely that Toxic hadn't yet shared my identity with anybody else, and so I decided to take her out that night, since at the time I saw her as my two greatest threats in one swift motion. My initial plan was to use Toxic's public announcement of the existence of my power, plus her insistence that she was completely neutral, to sway Garfield into believing that Toxic was the demon. Garfield responded by showing me a message from Toxic, at the end of which Toxic reaffirmed her position as being completely neutral. I used this point to try and hammer home the idea that Toxic was "suspicious", and make Garfield think she was a demon and kill her. My plan called for her to do so, and then for Pakars, whom I had scanned that night, to kill Garfield.

However, that was all thrown out the window when MegaMickel suddenly made her "I am in charge" announcement to Pakars and myself. This basically sent me into "Oh shit, oh shit!" panic mode, and bumped Mega to the top of my list of threats. I decided to fake loyalty for a while and try to kill Mega in secret. When asked what my powers were, I made some useless crap up on the spot so that I would have an excuse to not be joining in the nightly attacks that were sure to come. Of course, I didn't at all think that Mega believed me, and expected to get the shaft (in more ways than one) at the soonest possible chance.

In order to try and test Mega's defenses, I basically sent Garfield an "Oh crap, look what I just found out!" message, saying that Mega mistook me for a demon and that he was a terrible threat to us all. Of course, I conveniently left out the part about him being invulnerable to nighttime attacks, since I figured that'd keep Garfield from giving it a try. I was honestly counting on Garfield, the one who could breach the "Hyper Fool"'s defenses, on also being able to kill Mega. I also scanned Pakars and wanted to make her try to kill Mega, but couldn't do so. As a result, Garfield died, and I feared that Mega had become even more suspicious of me. I did, however, take one proactive step that night. I attempted to drum up secret support for a lynching by revealing Mega's identity to Toxic and telling her to spread the word. I figured if the others could lynch Mega without my having to cast a vote, there was still at least a 50% chance that Mega wouldn't suspect it of being my handywork, and indeed, I survived the day.

Day 4: After much discussion, we killed MegaMickel. She, in turn, killed Ryu, eliminating both herself and the Essence of Good, two people whom I had seen as two of my greatest threats. I did, however, believe what Mickel said about Toxic being an enormous threat, and planned on bumping her off soon as well.

Keylo became an enormous threat to me with her correct accusation against me, although I felt that the best way to go would be to play righteous indignation against the inaccuracies of her statements and try to make her look like she was up to something.

Night 5: I decided to take Keylo's untrue accusation of my "lying low" (I felt I'd been rather socially active this round), and instead apply it to my own attack this night. Thus, I went after the two people whom I couldn't recall saying even a single thing over the entire game: plmnko and avatar99. Of course, my memory wasn't quite on target on that point, but the fact remained that they really hadn't gotten involved much at all, and so I decided that one of them must have been the Gifted Girl. Therefore, I scanned plmnko, finding her to be the Gifted Girl, and had her kill avatar99, who ironically also turned out to be the Gifted Girl.

It had never even occurred to me that there might be a second Gifted Girl, and so I figured the Gifted Girl must have been operating through Keylo, but also (almost certainly incorrectly) assumed that only Keylo and the Gifted Girl knew my identity. Thus, my plan was to kill off the Gifted Girl, thus eliminating the only real witness against me, and then use Keylo's fervor and occasional mis-statements to convince the others that she had, in fact, been the Demon of Control all along. I was, of course, going to make the murders stop for a short time, and then target myself to try and throw suspicion off. If I survived that, I was planning to then have plmnko kill off Toxic, then convince the others that she, by virtue of her keeping a low profile, must have been the last demon and won a lynch vote against her, and thus get a demon win. Of course, in order to not suspicious to Toxic, I heartily agreed that Pakars was a definite threat and that we should lynch her next. Alas, it was not to be, for then...

Day 5: Despite my best efforts and fierce protests, all of my plans collapsed under their own weight. I'm certain the fact that I accidentally lied to Toxic about my ability after having already established with her what it was only added more nails to my coffin. In the end, Keylo's motion to lynch me succeeded, and from then on, I was no longer a player in the game.

What about you guys? I'm interested in hearing your viewpoints here!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, see, my power was using anyone on evils powers. Hence why I said "I just can scan evil but don't know who owns it" cuz I did have to get a list of their powers. So from the beginning, when you came to me, I immediately knew you were evil and you, for some reason, outed mega. I don't know why you did though, I thought you and mega were on the same team. So I kept telling my good connection keylo exactly what was happening when she voted you. I told her how you were being helpful to me and we devised that we'd keep you to the last second, since you were pretending to be helpful. We decided we could always use the extra vote for lynches. Yeah, pretty much from the second you revealed yourself, you didn't stand a chance. I personally thought once the two essences were destroyed, and the fact I outed myself as an essence (not only that, I outed myself as the WRONG essence) that you'd all be voting me immediately.

It's funny that I ended up winning cuz you should have seen the argument I had with Luma trying to say that I thought the new powers I got were weaker. I was honestly going to scan, kill, then ride out bartnums power (which she didn't like, I can't imagine why) until the end. Pretty much be 100% invulnerable for a while

Reputation score

Yeah... I think about 90% of the reason my plan failed was because I assumed that, like myself, you guys were all still isolated on the 2nd, 3rd, and even to a much lesser degree, the 4th day. I basically failed my hardest because I made one major slip-up early on, and thought that I had been able to alleviate at least some suspicion. =P

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Still don't know why you tried to kill mega, I mean, it's not like a mutiny here. If your teammate gets better, that's better for the team... mate!

Reputation score

I tried to kill him because that's how I wanted to play this one: A backbiting, manipulative bastard of a demon who's out to be king of the mountain. I actually expected more of you to die by his hands... Err, tentacles... Before he died. I tried to steer him into attacking some people I saw a threat. Unfortunately, this wound up with him clashing with Ryu, cutting his attacks short.

Now admittedly, that was a pretty fair blunder on my part, but I honestly didn't expect it to make that big a difference in the long run. I didn't expect the three of us remaining to be outed all on the same day, and I figured Pakars might yet pull out a victory even if Mega suspected me of betraying him and chose to make good on his threat to take me down with him.

In the end, it was all about roleplaying. If there hadn't been somebody clearly more powerful than myself on the Demon side, I don't think I would've outed anyone. I had decided what kind of personality I would play at the start and didn't even expect a situation like that to break out. However, I decided it well within my character's personality to stab a superior in the back if it meant maintaining the perception of being top-dog. I said I wanted to be the only one, but I wasn't planning on definitely killing all of the others. A solo victory was a special goal I'd set for myself, but I was more than willing to accept joint-victory. In the end, it all just kind of spiralled out of control.

Edit: Oh, and there was the other reason - I figured it'd make you trust me more. I basically just botched the entire endgame because of my assumptions...

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, I'm not so much of a roleplayer, I joined these forums specifically cuz I was seeing these and wanted to play along cuz I thought it was a fun, manipulative, secret game.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I just scan in this orden: Bartnum,the next was megamickel but the message dont arrive to lumarin so i send another with the name of avatar99,after that i scan megamickel, pakars and keylo (because i dont have to check anymore).

Last edited:
OP
Lumarin

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

I just scan in this orden: Bartnum,the next was megamickel but the message dont arrive to lumarin so i send another with the name of avatar99,after that i scan megamickel, pakars and keylo (because i dont have to check anymore).
Hah, you people had it easy, I WAS SWARMED with PMs! SWARMED! My inbox filled up three times! My order was....Buttsecks, read pms, buttsecks more, read more pms, empty inbox....buttsecks, and PMs!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

empty buttsecks?