What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

petrify

Reputation score
That's an incredible endeavor you're undertaking

Yes, version control is a huge problem with mugen, H-mugen especially because it's more niche and the community is not only scattered but largely dead. You only really have a few creators working on things now, and even back then, some creators would work concurrently with others on the same character so that you'd get lots of branching of versions. And to make matters worse, the foreign community has already distanced themselves from the Western one. The Spanish-speaking community seems to have died out, and the Japanese-speaking one is definitely not on good terms with the English-speaking one due to certain individuals stealing or plagiarizing their work.

All that being said, there's no longer much of a need to have version control given nobody's producing much anymore anyway. I keep a personal collection of characters that I've not only edited, but combined edits (e.g. increased aggressor compatibility, new victim anims/sprites, customized finishers) from multiple sources and editors. For example, whenever Gettag updates or releases a character, I download it but I don't keep it as is to play as a standalone character, because I know it's probably outdated or won't have all my own edits in it. Instead, I check it for sprites, anims, and new code, and merge it with my own character (unless I don't actually have that character). While it's admirable you want to unify the mugen community, I think mine might be a route you could take, since it seems like a Herculean task to attempt what you aspire.

To answer your questions:
1.) Mugen 1.1b seems to be the most-used and "best" version of mugen here. At least, it's what I use.
2.) I use FF3 (Fighter Factory 3) to organize sprites/anims for the character, among other things. Notepad++ for anything code related (e.g. cns files). Gimp 2 for editing sprites, though I might try SpectatorX's suggestion from Discord to use Clip Studio. Audacity for sound. All of them are free and available online.
Would you be able to upload the characters you've updated yourself? It certainly would be nice to have some characters that are compatible with a wide variety of other characters.

nosferatus

Reputation score
That's an incredible endeavor you're undertaking

Yes, version control is a huge problem with mugen, H-mugen especially because it's more niche and the community is not only scattered but largely dead. You only really have a few creators working on things now, and even back then, some creators would work concurrently with others on the same character so that you'd get lots of branching of versions. And to make matters worse, the foreign community has already distanced themselves from the Western one. The Spanish-speaking community seems to have died out, and the Japanese-speaking one is definitely not on good terms with the English-speaking one due to certain individuals stealing or plagiarizing their work.

All that being said, there's no longer much of a need to have version control given nobody's producing much anymore anyway. I keep a personal collection of characters that I've not only edited, but combined edits (e.g. increased aggressor compatibility, new victim anims/sprites, customized finishers) from multiple sources and editors. For example, whenever Gettag updates or releases a character, I download it but I don't keep it as is to play as a standalone character, because I know it's probably outdated or won't have all my own edits in it. Instead, I check it for sprites, anims, and new code, and merge it with my own character (unless I don't actually have that character). While it's admirable you want to unify the mugen community, I think mine might be a route you could take, since it seems like a Herculean task to attempt what you aspire.

To answer your questions:
1.) Mugen 1.1b seems to be the most-used and "best" version of mugen here. At least, it's what I use.
2.) I use FF3 (Fighter Factory 3) to organize sprites/anims for the character, among other things. Notepad++ for anything code related (e.g. cns files). Gimp 2 for editing sprites, though I might try SpectatorX's suggestion from Discord to use Clip Studio. Audacity for sound. All of them are free and available online.
It would be great if you share your mugen it would help the mugen community a lot so that it does not die, especially for those who are just starting in mugen

Mogotke

Reputation score
I just have two requests:
One, that people here point out what's their favorite version of Mugen, so hopefully we can reach a consensus that will lead to a most appropriate Mugen for placing characters that will appeal to both beginners and veterans, as the game will be a good starting point for those interested in the +18 version and community of the game and to those who are actively creating and/or modifying characters, sceneries, etc. and get them to focus their creations on the version that will be chosen for the time being.
Two, I humbly ask for tools and programs that will help modifying characters and sceneries to make them updated, I don't know what's the best one for this kind of task, but as long as this thread stays open, I will be searching for them after I submit this message.
1) Mugen 1.1b
2) Fighter Factory Studio to edit character's sprites/animations/code (also using Notepad++ with coding), Aseprite for spriting, Audacity or Sony Vegas for audio.
Fighter Factory 3 =/= Fighter Factory Studio
Don't think 3 is up to date, but Studio can prone to crashes. Did get a recent update towards stage editing tho.
It boils down to preferences I guess.

kimjaewon

Reputation score
I want to know the character futa that exists now.
지금 존재하는 후타라는 캐릭터가 궁금합니다

Zen Affair

Reputation score
What character would you guys like to see with increased compatibility? I'm going to do an experiment and try to increase Konoha's compatibility as it seems she's a fairly old character in H-Mugen that hadn't gotten any type of update in years, I will post updates as I mod her though.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
What character would you guys like to see with increased compatibility? I'm going to do an experiment and try to increase Konoha's compatibility as it seems she's a fairly old character in H-Mugen that hadn't gotten any type of update in years, I will post updates as I mod her though.
Since you asked, Tiffany Lords. If you don't have her, she's up on hentaicharmugen.

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score
My own personal favorites are Harmir (the harpy) and Grizela (dragon-gal). They tend to be -mostly- compatable with stuff, but have the occasional severe misalignment or blinking in/out.

Zen Affair

Reputation score
My own personal favorites are Harmir (the harpy) and Grizela (dragon-gal). They tend to be -mostly- compatable with stuff, but have the occasional severe misalignment or blinking in/out.
I like those two, shame people haven't taken interest in improving their compatibility lately and I also like Rucheca by the same creator.

HornyObama

Reputation score
Who is Harmir?

I like those two, shame people haven't taken interest in improving their compatibility lately and I also like Rucheca by the same creator.
And who is Rucheca?

HornyObama

Reputation score
Anybody got a clue what the password for the latest Iari upload could be?

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Anybody got a clue what the password for the latest Iari upload could be?
It's the name of the version of the current Iari, " iari13B ".
Just FYI, the PW is usually posted on the corresponding discussion forum (there's a link at the top of the uploader to it) if it isn't the usual PW.
Just google trans everything and do some legwork and you can usually find it.

gettagmk3

Reputation score
Hey hey, people, I have been interested in H-Mugen for a while, and for that while... I've noticed some "incogruent" things with the files that get created or ported for the game, what bugs me is the absurd amount of versions and incompatibility that tends to happen whenever some user or another updates their version of a file. For example:
Victims characters that are not compatible with an Agressor and only with an other one;
Many versions of Characters that only function on a version of Mugen (either 1.0 or 1.1) and not on the other, rendering characters or functions useless when they get ported to different version of the game, an example of an character is Horuakuti's Kuromaru, may be because of the zooming effect;
Portraits and other graphical aspects are buggy or don't function when a updated character is used in a Mugen;

And I've been thinking of doing a "Revamped" iteration of characters that most likely will be a "complete" edition of the character, saving the player the hassle of going to the character selection screen again just for seeing different animations of the same character or downloading and moving them to another version, I'm going to do some tests with some characters that have been outdated for a while and release them and hopefully I'm going to get some good feedback that will further progress of this side-project that I've come up with. Some things to note are that "Futa" versions of characters will most likely not be implemented in a single character, unless I find some way to make the character shift their appearance and sprites while in battle, that will be true for other versions as well.

I just have two requests:
One, that people here point out what's their favorite version of Mugen, so hopefully we can reach a consensus that will lead to a most appropriate Mugen for placing characters that will appeal to both beginners and veterans, as the game will be a good starting point for those interested in the +18 version and community of the game and to those who are actively creating and/or modifying characters, sceneries, etc. and get them to focus their creations on the version that will be chosen for the time being.
Two, I humbly ask for tools and programs that will help modifying characters and sceneries to make them updated, I don't know what's the best one for this kind of task, but as long as this thread stays open, I will be searching for them after I submit this message.

Thank you for your attention, reader(s).
Also, I'm not an african warlord, don't worry.
I don't really see the point of backwards compat between 1.0 and 1.1; 1.1 is objectively better in every way save for character incompatibilites. It seems counterintuitive to port a character, or base anything on an older version, but that's just my 2 cents.

The simple solution to most of this stuff would be MUGEN creators using some form version control and just merging their changes into a singular character. I don't think this would be a major issue except for the case of .sff and .snd files., but I haven't thought much about it, and I didn't get much of a response when I floated the idea previously.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
The simple solution to most of this stuff would be MUGEN creators using some form version control and just merging their changes into a singular character. I don't think this would be a major issue except for the case of .sff and .snd files., but I haven't thought much about it, and I didn't get much of a response when I floated the idea previously.
Yeah, I agree on this. As for a response, I didn't see your previous idea float, but I'm on board.
As I said before, I often just merge any updates or edits you make to my own existing characters, Gettag.
In fact, I've always meant to ask you for a changelog whenever you upload new character edits, as it'd save me the trouble of going through each revision of your character to see what anim/sprite group numbers have changed.

thethinkerwhothinks

Reputation score
Yeah, I agree on this. As for a response, I didn't see your previous idea float, but I'm on board.
As I said before, I often just merge any updates or edits you make to my own existing characters, Gettag.
In fact, I've always meant to ask you for a changelog whenever you upload new character edits, as it'd save me the trouble of going through each revision of your character to see what anim/sprite group numbers have changed.
Seconding this, I find myself doing this frequently just to make managing stuff a little easier with all the minor adjustments I find myself making for chars for compatibility stuff along the way

Hdude

Reputation score

MUGEN is an awesome platform for a sex fighting game. However, the old thread was over 100 pages with mostly outdated info. So we're starting fresh. I want to keep this an excellent resource so if you have something to add just let me know, and there's a good chance I'll add it to this initial post.

Updated 12-18-2020
MugenFutaCharsMaker makes mostly futanari rapers and a few victims. Very high quality. About one new per month.

Added 9-18-2019
Lately this is possibly the best place to go to find new content all in one place.

Updated 12-18-2020
Mugen Archive has an 18+ section where new characters are added infrequently. It used to be better, but the archive was purged of 18+ content and has been slow to recover.

First of all, we all know the most common request is a "starter pack" for beginners. This link has everything you need including lots of characters, stages, and a recent version of the game itself. The characters are mostly high quality and compatible with rapers. Credit goes to Dawnstar for the link.

Also, we have an editing tool for MUGEN. It can do simple things like changing what buttons do what attacks, and it can handle more substantial tasks like adding entirely new moves or even whole characters. It just depends on how much time you're willing to invest.
Fighter Factory

From poster Senoj8 comes a collection of videos from a guy that goes by Hentai_Mugen. Unfortunately, HM never shares the files for us to play with, but this is the next best thing.

If you don't want to download that much, you can watch the individual videos from Hentai_Mugen here.

Rolandsburk also is on FC2, and he even shares files on his video pages!

Chibataue's character pack!

Links Checked on 12-18-2020
I'm new here!! Someone told me about it!! Have you ever thought about putting together a "Master Mugen" collection made from all the finished characters you can find, and share the link?

Ricky

Reputation score
I'm new here!! Someone told me about it!! Have you ever thought about putting together a "Master Mugen" collection made from all the finished characters you can find, and share the link?
best you add by personal choice some char are either obsolete or broken it's not even hard to do too just look for something you like

Austin32

Reputation score
Erm Im New Here But I Heard you guys can find old chars
..uhmm.
So can anyone upload KOF XIII Hentai chars by Mugen Sprites Lover ??