What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

SpectatorX

Reputation score
Well what you get from me is that I also COMPLETED, my own edits/characters.

And frankly, I said it in the prior post. It's definitely better for most to have someone who is good at spritework do it than mangle it.

Dunno why you'd dance around my points to toot your own horn, that's what I got from your post. If that wasn't the intent, then I misinterpretted. But in the same vein an individual or small handful does not make a scene alive - thats the crux of the problem and is almost not even up for debate that mugen H is in a much worse spot than before, and continues to get worse. Worse off acknowledging ya monetization doesn't help (which, I also mentioned).

Edit: Also gonna note I hard disagree with the " you cant complain if you havent produced/willing to produce continually" mindset too. Just I vocalize that, obviously.
We'll see how this thread develops after this but it's lookin like even I'm agreeing with a lock inevitably.
I'm not trying to do anything like that. I'm explaining the obvious problem with the so called mugen community these days. And I addressed all your points.

>Edit: Also gonna note I hard disagree with the " you cant complain if you havent produced/willing to produce continually" mindset too. Just I vocalize that, obviously.
We'll see how this thread develops after this but it's lookin like even I'm agreeing with a lock inevitably.

Well this is technically true for this case. This is for any community really. What has really been new besides Gettags and Futa-boy in the scene of h mugen? We're also going to exclude the japanese creators on the ryona site, as it's obvious why they don't communicate with westerners anymore. Tired of what's commonly being given these days? Make a change. If not stop biching. As simple of that. lol

I personally have created a new aggressor that i've shown a few and eventually want to get out of people to test with my own new mechanics, but I;ve also contributed in the past. Might not release anything nowadays for obvious reasons. But i aint the one complaining about current meta.

NSR

Lurker
Reputation score
That argument holds as much water as "tired of government just be part of it lol" and we both know thats a fallacy considering that also goes against the general two basis of what a community has, and does consist of. Constitutients and others.

Fact of the matter remains, the spark for people is gone, general sentiment is downtrotten/negative. We're on the position we are now. Wanna keep looping this same circle we can.

Those who do not create are allowed to complain as they please, because they are still part of the community. They may not create, they test, give feedback, and without them there still wouldn't be a community. That goes beyond H-Mugen, of we straight up ousted people who never created/denied critique Mugen woulda been beyond done back in Mugen Infantry days. Both ends go hand in hand imo. Neither you, or I have any right to silence people from voicing complaints.

Reputation score
I may not sprite myself but I know a lot of people that use aspesprite to make sprites, but there's also graphics gale for a free alternative. Some people supposedly also use photoshop but I do not recommend it. It's simply not made for this kind of thing and comparatively hard to use for it unless you're already comfortable with it.
As for learning to code - that's a good question. I personally learned most of what I know by studying existing characters, trying to make my own (non-hentai) edits way back in the day and looking up tutorials for the things I wanted to do. There's also a lot of posts on.. I think it was mugen fighters guild? that describe what the specific state controlers do.
Thank you a lot! Right now, I wanted to make edits for some chars I have, but which I'm not satisfied of.

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
The problem, as far as I see it at least, isn't that nobody wants to create anything. Nor is it that creators are burned out from dealing with "ungrateful" or "demanding" audiences. I don't doubt that some creators experience said burnout, but creative people, as a whole, have had to deal with entitled, demanding or outright abusive patrons ever since the dawn of human civilisation. Most find ways to do it with relative grace, and closing or segregating a community to "keep out the riff-raff", as it were, is not one of them.

The problem is that all of the creative communities have stopped talking to each other. We've all split off into our own little cliques, either because of pressure to leave (or being forcibly removed from) more public spaces, or not wanting to deal with the spam, plagiarism and/or harassment from certain bad actors. Things were at least somewhat active before mugenarchive purged the 18+ section and mugenryona was, if not cordial with, then at least tolerant of other communities and willing to share. Now everyone's off in their own walled gardens, furtively passing around what morsels their tribe has been able to scrape together and brandishing knives and stakes at any outsider that looks in. There are a few creators who still openly display their creations more-or-less publicly, of course - gettag, MFCM, fapmaster and Redflash for example, though most of those keep at least a few things private - but by and large the communities have become closed-off and suspicious, if not outright hostile. The closest to "open" any of the current H-Mugen communities seems to be right now is either this very forum, or Discord servers with publicly-accessible links - both of which require account registration for full access, a barrier of time and effort that will turn at least some few away. And, as a person who is not, I can tell you that not everyone is willing to join yet another Discord server to sift through all of the cruft for usable material or an interesting discussion. Maybe I'm just an anomaly here, though; it wouldn't be the first time.

The only way I can see to revive H-Mugen to anything approaching the levels of activity we've seen in the past is to re-establish communications between the isolated groups, and to make things more open and public again. A huge part of the creative impetus is seeing someone else create, or at least seeing what they created. Some of the people who see it will think "Wow, that's cool, I wish I could do that too." And a few of those people will actually follow through and try to do something similar themselves. It happened with me, in a small way - mostly making small alterations to characters with existing sprites so that they would be compatible with Horuakuti's mating press, and from there expanding into assorted compatibility fixes and minor sprite tweaks, both for myself and on request for other ULMF users in my free time.* I still tinker with characters occasionally, tweaking sprites and/or animations to add compatibility or better match my personal tastes, but I simply don't have the time or motivation to spend on such projects that I once did.
*Still willing to do this btw, though as mentioned I don't have as much time or motivation for it as I used to so I can't make promises. Ask in PMs to avoid clogging the thread.

As to precisely how one might go about creating a more open community... well, that I honestly don't know. Wish I did, might have enabled me to do something about the current state of things. I can only hope someone wiser than I gets a bright idea and the will to try it.

Last edited:

HornyObama

Reputation score
Boy i just fucked up my Ange which is compatible with him too, and man are these kind of hard to find.
Know how you feel.
Here are my kuros, hope one of them is useful

Although i gotta say, the 2 Kiras i have, none of them are compatible either
(But every other char in the line is, Kotaro, Iari, Princess Athena, Saki...)
Hey, what's just about all the chars you know work for the Kuromaru Press?

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey, what's just about all the chars you know work for the Kuromaru Press?
What?
What's just about them?
Wdym? If i'm missing someone?
Maybe i could be missing one or two
I think those are pretty much all of them

@HangerDanger
Please dont go away, you comment long informative posts and keep this thing alive and chill (alive for what much can be there in the first place to be kept alive lol), some users are pretty toxic, at one point its bound to be considered to call for moderation if they escalate, but given its not active harrassment yet, just aggressive toxic opinions, its better to just ignore those for the most part

@Ricky
I dont think this thread should be closed. It has his moments and a fair share of uncalled for rants and entitled users, but again as i said to hanger there are some good users like him

Some people are just all talk and act all high and mighty like they have done great things (or things altogether), that that toxicity act of them is worse than shared opinions of users of the hentai chars/plain simple discussion.
Its better really.

Just ignore them. Remember that "dont feed the troll" saying? Its just like that.

Now. All that is, of course, intended at each single comment. We should take things said as they are said, maybe he had a bad day, who knows, or something i dont know smh.
And other day we can keep discussing things in a civilized way (oh that too, some people just act like you fucking know them, like if we can talk whatever the fucking tone we want and its no biggie. It just is poor and immature social skills.
I suffer from this too so no excusing myself lol, but at least i try to improve and be respectful)

Please stay with us hangerdanger
We dont want to lose, nor it would be right to, for you to leave altogether just for one misunderstood personal attack. I mean your reaction is of course right, like wtf, but the plan should be to "leave" = ignore the attacker, not leave the community altogether.

I wish to mend things in this whole thing, and offer you an appology, even if it doesn't correspond me and i can't speak for the one who did that (nor for everyone), because you did not deserve that, and because you are a good person that adds a lot to the conversation here.
Please, stay with us friend

Edit: well apparently the thing got heated up. I dont know why ulmf doesnt notify me of new comments on the threads i actually want.
Anyway, thats a good sign that there is enthusiasm, but yeah lets keep it civil.
If you ask me we should also need to be respectful in the way we talk, but yeah that aint gonna happen.
So lets just draw the line to personal attacks.
I.e. its not the same thing to say "your work is shit" (subject=work) than "you are shit" (subject=person) (i know nobody says that outright would be an insta ban lol, but some comments dwelve into that territory closely than it appears).

But again, it would be ideal to talk respectfully. And in the case of people who do not listen no matter what, well, there is nothing that can be done there.

Oh and one other thing, there can always be and there will be misunderstandings. We just have to give the benefit of the doubt until more reasoning (or attempts) are done, so we can truly judge.

Last edited:

Bobjdole

Reputation score
Do not come to the forums for the sole reason of starting trouble. Permanent ban.
Oh and one other thing, there can always be and there will be misunderstandings. We just have to give the benefit of the doubt until more reasoning (or attempts) are done, so we can truly judge.
I wished for that once. Nope. Judgement without just cause. Can't we all go back to trading Mugen hentai animations like the old days? We all can't aspire to be NSFW CONNOISSEURS and all the benefits that come with it from free lunches, group thearpay and spounge bath backside washings.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I wished for that once. Nope. Judgement without just cause. Can't we all go back to trading Mugen hentai animations like the old days? We all can't aspire to be NSFW CONNOISSEURS and all the benefits that come with it from free lunches, group thearpay and spounge bath backside washings.
What do you mean?
I'm not sure i understand.
Wasn't that sharing of pics exactly that? You scratch someone's back he scratches yours?

Anyway, yeah, some cases are clearly blatant. I am lax most of the time i can take it. I am quite moody myself. (Though i like to believe i have my priorities/values straight and clearly defined. But yeah i cant be so arrogant to not admit my own shortcomings)
Another thing i need to improve on.
But yeah i like to reason with people a few moments before giving them the finger, if they cannot be reasoned with. (Doesn't mean we have to agree with everything, just agree to disagree and be respectful).

Still, judgement without just cause -> what does that exactly mean? (Sincerely asking)

Bobjdole

Reputation score
What do you mean?
I'm not sure i understand.
Wasn't that sharing of pics exactly that? You scratch someone's back he scratches yours?
No I was referring to the special ascended connoisseur rank of safe space, civil protection & group therapy. It's okay. Not for clinically normal folks - only those troubled enough that need such things.

Anyway, yeah, some cases are clearly blatant. I am lax most of the time i can take it. I am quite moody myself. (Though i like to believe i have my priorities/values straight and clearly defined. But yeah i cant be so arrogant to not admit my own shortcomings)
Another thing i need to improve on.
But yeah i like to reason with people a few moments before giving them the finger, if they cannot be reasoned with. (Doesn't mean we have to agree with everything, just agree to disagree and be respectful).

Still, judgement without just cause -> what does that exactly mean? (Sincerely asking)
Was referring how it would be great in a perfect world - exactly how you're suggesting - how issues can be defused by simply talking rationally and respectfully with the other party. Getting the entire picture. But totally - you're right on the money friend.

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well those safe groups sound like a neato thing in that case! No? Haha
Everyone being so polite and all that
Well if i got it right...but i wont ask more i am getting to of topic
And i wholeheartedly agree with you anyway, good sir
Wish we all could behave like that, like the fellow gentlemen we are

HornyObama

Reputation score
What?
What's just about them?
Wdym? If i'm missing someone?
Maybe i could be missing one or two
I think those are pretty much all of them
I was just asking if you name all the ones you had to make sure there aren't certain ones I'm missing, and I could see if I have something you don't. Just kinda looking to make a collection of them all

Bobjdole

Reputation score
Quick question. There were 2 versions of the Kuromaru press that was out. Was was like a Jpn. edit and the other one the guy spoke English. What's its origin? I asked this on a few boards but no one is sure.

Asking because i would like to see other works by the guy if possible.

Reputation score
Quick question. There were 2 versions of theKuromaru press that was out. Was was like a Jpn. edit and the other one the guy spoke English. What's its origin? I asked this on a few boards but no one is sure.

Asking because i would like to see other works by the guy if possible.
I think the original is the Japanese version.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I was just asking if you name all the ones you had to make sure there aren't certain ones I'm missing, and I could see if I have something you don't. Just kinda looking to make a collection of them all
I see
Yes those are all of them in my posession, but some have multiple versions with updates and whatnot (some minimal).

I am highly interested in making a collection too, and in seeing what you have.
I am going to start uploading all my ones. Though my internet speed is trash so it might take a while.

Besides, 'twould be useful, some are pretty old and far buried in the mugenryona uploader.

Why was bobjdole banned?

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Why was bobjdole banned?
You can see a few posts above for the reason. Seemed rather minimal to me, and I think we were getting pretty heated as a group anyway, but the mods have the authority to do whatever they want.

Look away for a week and apparently everything catches on fire
Haha, we've all got a lot of passion (and clashing personalities) it seems. Doesn't really change the H-mugen atmosphere, since there are very little of us actually doing productive work, but I suppose we're all free to complain and gripe (to an extent).

Handy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello, I finally finish my goblins character. You can get it now on my patreon or wait next month for free. Here is the preview
. Hope you like the character

link to my twitter for links :

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hello, I finally finish my goblins character. You can get it now on my patreon or wait next month for free. Here is the preview
. Hope you like the character

link to my twitter for links :
Yeah, I saw that on the Discord. Thanks Handy, looks good. Will probably wait a month since I'm cheap and also strapped for cash, but I do appreciate the effort.

thethinkerwhothinks

Reputation score
Haha, we've all got a lot of passion (and clashing personalities) it seems. Doesn't really change the H-mugen atmosphere, since there are very little of us actually doing productive work, but I suppose we're all free to complain and gripe (to an extent).
Can't say I necessarily always "get it", but I can imagine most non discord related hmugen stuff now mostly being cramped onto one small forum probably doesn't help with the uncomfortably claustrophobic vibes. Not gonna touch on it more since it seems mostly over now, but I will agree on the spriting difficulty thing being severely underestimated as far as actually making the new content stuff goes.