What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

targetme

Reputation score
Been trying to make some stuff for characters I like that don't really have much stuff for and it's been alright. Only problem is that what I make doesn't align to the aggressors correctly so I was wondering if there was some way to make them align perfectly without simply placing the sprites at certain coords for it to connect.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So I've seen this thread on front page for a couple years now, but I could never figure out exactly what this game is. Is this a sandbox for various customizable heroines? I want to get into the game, but I have no idea where to start. Is this a dlsite game or some kind of custom platform? I looked at the past 10+ pages and everyone's talking about custom mods so I don't even know where to get the game. Is there some kind of updated pack you guys can share? Looking to start as a person who has no idea what this game is.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So I've seen this thread on front page for a couple years now, but I could never figure out exactly what this game is.
MUGEN itself is "just" a 2D fighting game engine that is highly customizable.
Nowadays most people develop their characters for the most recent version, 1.1Beta, however some old characters only work with WinMUGEN. Use 1.1b, but if a old character does not work properly try them if they work in WinMUGEN.

It's a little dated, but maybe this guide helps you:
undertow.club/threads/mugen-a-highly-customizable-2d-fighting-engine.291/

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay thanks, but all I'm looking for is like an updated game I can download. Anything is fine and would be appreciated.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well that was a recent discussion. MUGEN is more like a build-your-own kinda game. In other words, in order to play the game, you have to be willing to play around with it first. And that means learning how to add your own characters and stages and such, even if all you're doing is downloading things other people have made and putting them into your own custom version of the game.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oh okay so it's like a sandbox thing. Hopefully someone out there does a compilation or shares what they have, anything is fine really, I'm just curious to play it.

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
My signature should include one of the latest mugen versions, as well as some characters to go with it. Though you'd need to download and add them yourself.

Hamger

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
anyone knows where I can find this version of korumaru_girl?

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
anyone knows where I can find this version of korumaru_girl?

I'm sorry, but i don't really see what's so special about that Kuromaru_girl in particular? All whoever uploaded does with it is doggystyle moves, over and over and over again. You could probably find something like it in the ryona uploader, though. if not, then i think I've seen one like it one one of the 4shared archives of someone on this forum.

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
Standard "baomaru" attack. Literally every version of kuromaru_girl I've ever seen has it, and most aggressor characters use some variation of the baomaru code. I have an older version of kuromaru_girl in my 4shared folder, should be linked in my signature unless something has gone terribly wrong. There are definitely other versions available on the mugenryona uploader, and probably on mugenarchive, but I lack the patience to chase them down right now. I know there's a kuromaru_erogirl and a dragon_futa2 floating around somewhere that use more or less the same code.

Input is usually [BDF*, x/y]. *Back, Down, Foward, also referred to as HCF/Half-Circle Forward.
Hold [y], [a] or [ b] to manually control speed, press [c] to cum, [start] to toggle screen shake, and [z] to release the victim. Press [x] to enable automatic speed/cum control, press any of the manual speed controls to disable automatic control. Double tap directional buttons to change position.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hey, just wanted to drop in and remind y'all to check out Gettag's stuff (just google for his Patreon or blog, since those characters are free to download as public releases); added a few new characters/edits to old ones a few days ago:
Includes edits to:
Kaede_Hioh
Footee
Terry (raper)
Tifa
Eltnum (probably the biggest one)

Also, Horuakuti's Athena/Kuro are both available from the ryona uploader, as well as a new Orc (The scat isn't to my taste, so I basically just downloaded it, replaced my version, and will ignore it. I'm hoping that the new move from the sakura site--the side view of the piledriver--gets implemented soon). And it seems like folks from Mugenarchive have added MSL's sprites to King, making her compatible for the baromaru moves (I've already made the same edits to my King a LONG time ago). Sooo yeah, go forth and update your mugen collections if you haven't already.

@gettagmk2 : Thanks for your uploads. Got a question though: IIRC, you were the last one to edit Kaede a few months ago, right? If that's the case, it appears that you REMOVED a lot of compatibility for her with Kuromaru (my previous version is much more compatible with the one you just uploaded) and other rapers; anims removed include the BJ anim, the F*CK ME sign anims, upside-down drillling anim and others. Why would you do that? (esp since the BJ anim is not exclusive to Kuro alone).

And if you DIDN'T work on Kaede until now, then I'd strongly recommend you pay attention and/or find the most updated versions of your characters before you edit them. Version maintenance is incredibly important between modders in the community, because it ensures characters have the most compatibility between rapers and avoids branching. Your Kaede is fine if you're only interested in her working with your own rapers, but why not just get more compatibility, right? Anyway, still a big fan of your work and all. Just want to make sure you're aware of this; I'm going to check your other characters to see if I need to merge your edits with mine or something.

Last thing; I added all of the missing anims/sprites from my Kaede to your edits (didn't remove anything). If you'd like, just PM me and I'll find a place to upload it for you, and you can then repost your Kaede on your Patreon or something, in case people want a more compatible Kaede. :)

lunawuff

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh okay so it's like a sandbox thing. Hopefully someone out there does a compilation or shares what they have, anything is fine really, I'm just curious to play it.
Here is one that I recently came across. It's not mine so I make no promises as to the quality.

gettagmk2

Lurker
Reputation score
@gettagmk2 : Thanks for your uploads. Got a question though: IIRC, you were the last one to edit Kaede a few months ago, right? If that's the case, it appears that you REMOVED a lot of compatibility for her with Kuromaru (my previous version is much more compatible with the one you just uploaded) and other rapers; anims removed include the BJ anim, the F*CK ME sign anims, upside-down drillling anim and others. Why would you do that? (esp since the BJ anim is not exclusive to Kuro alone).

I actually made that edit at some point about a year ago. The new stuff you're talking about was probably added after the fact. I never bothered checking since I just put out what I had completed, as someone asked for it and I was aiming to update her this month anyway.

I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me, though! That way I can use that version for the updates I put out for Kaede, whenever that is.

Since we're on the subject...characters slated for update:
Preliminary Work Order:
Yoko
Yuri
Karin Kanzuki
Athena
Tron Bonne
Lilith
Q-Bee
Yuzuriha
Selvaria
Ako
Kaede Hioh
Makoto
Juri

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I actually made that edit at some point about a year ago. The new stuff you're talking about was probably added after the fact. I never bothered checking since I just put out what I had completed, as someone asked for it and I was aiming to update her this month anyway.

I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me, though! That way I can use that version for the updates I put out for Kaede, whenever that is.

[/spoiler]
Sure. I'll put it on my 4Shared and PM you. I might need some time though (it's nearly 2:30AM where I am, so probably tomorrow).

Looks good. A little disappointed that you're updating characters that IMHO don't even NEED updating (and half of them I have absolutely no interest in), but I guess if that's what the patrons want, ya gotta give it to them, lol. My wishlist would probably be an extension of character moves, such as post-cum finishers, or groping/tittyfucks. That and changing Poison to another character (or having the option to remove her entirely). Oh well. :p

Actually, now that I have you, I'm wondering if I need to do anything extra for victims regarding Terry's groping (like dig around in victims' CNS files); I'm trying to make WonderWoman compatible. I used Jill/Psylocke/Chunli as a baseline for the anim/sprite numbers, but creating the exact same anims for WonderWoman doesn't trigger anything when I use Terry's grope moves on her. :/

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Cant wait for those updates! I saw you were gonna implement threesomes/DP? How will that work?

gettagmk2

Lurker
Reputation score
Cant wait for those updates! I saw you were gonna implement threesomes/DP? How will that work?
Honeycam 2018-05-14 15-00-51.gif

Note that i'm still not finished and its already the animation with the most frames I've ever made. Mass producing it might be tricky but I think people will be okay if it means higher quality (at least I hope).

I still need to animate some bits and pieces and then do some cleanup, but this is basically what it looks like so far. This is good progress for now IMO so im gonna go work on other stuff my patrons are waiting on.

The change to make nobody spawn except by player control would fix that just fine.
such as this xD

Sure. I'll put it on my 4Shared and PM you. I might need some time though (it's nearly 2:30AM where I am, so probably tomorrow).

Actually, now that I have you, I'm wondering if I need to do anything extra for victims regarding Terry's groping (like dig around in victims' CNS files); I'm trying to make WonderWoman compatible. I used Jill/Psylocke/Chunli as a baseline for the anim/sprite numbers, but creating the exact same anims for WonderWoman doesn't trigger anything when I use Terry's grope moves on her. :/
You shouldn't need anything else except the three required animations (which are what, 6200, 62000, and 620000?) and it should show up. I tried it earlier and the random stuff I added for WW worked, so im not sure why you are having issues, but you can send me the file if you'd like and I can investigate further.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
You shouldn't need anything else except the three required animations (which are what, 6200, 62000, and 620000?) and it should show up. I tried it earlier and the random stuff I added for WW worked, so im not sure why you are having issues, but you can send me the file if you'd like and I can investigate further.
Cool anim. Haven't seen a threeway in H-mugen aside from Mino's helper. Looks good but I still hate Poison in there...wish another character was banging her from the back instead. Also, it does seem like a fair amount of trouble to implement for victims since you'll have to not only get their alignments right (meaning you won't be able to quickly incorporate any old existing anim) but you'll also have to edit their mouths for the BJ. Still spitroast is something that's never been done before in playable rapers... Good luck!

Looks like I was missing 6200 (the static one). I guess Terry checks to see if that anim exists before moving forward with the other anims. Got WW to work but the timings are pretty ugly; using the other characters' groping anims as a base doesn't really help. :/

Gettag, I'll PM you with a 4shared link now.