What's new

Shadecoven - A Shadowkeep Inspired Smutty Point & Click [WIP - Planning Phase]

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
There is a great turmoil in the land of Kalifer.

Due to mysterious magical means, contact with another reality - known simply as the Riftlands- and it's mysterious creatures beyond it, known as the Abyssites, has lead to a widespread war across dimensions, thanks to a rebellious fragment of cultists from beyond the rifts. At first, the alliance of humans, elfkin, greenskins, and dwarves are able to strike forth many a victory. However, after the initial successes, the enemy force- known as the Nether Cults- have unleashed a new secret weapon to aid themselves.

This secret weapon is a combination of man and monster, known simply as Blackshard Knights. With nigh-impenetrable chitin armor and powerful, adaptive forms able to create many forms of weapons, the Shard Knights pose a serious threat to the safety of Kalifer and the inability of the army to defeat these deadly new foes is making it a threat to the entire alliance.

You play as the Under Elf (aka Drow) assassin known as Alakine Webspinner, under the command of the Kaliferian Alliance during the Rift Wars. The commanders are calling on your skills as a spy and assassin to sneak into the Riftlands, and find the secrets to the creation of the Blackshard Knights. They surmised the high council of the cult may hold onto these secrets, but this is a dangerous mission to be sure- as well as the many cultists that wait on the Shadecoven, there is sure to be traps and monsters of all kinds included in the great council’s lair.

You must use all of your clever wit, magical skills, and sleight of hand in order to discover the weakness to the Shard Knights and return it to the kingdom of Kalifer. However, if you are not careful, you are surely to be caught- or befall fates in this strange land worse than death itself...

---

So, who remembers the old Shadowkeep? That utterly insanely unfair puzzle game from back in 1989 or it's modern day remastering? Yeah, how about we try to put a smut game together with that idea? :3

Basically, this would play like a typical point and click to some degree- you'd move around static background sections, grabbing items to use in other areas to progress and grabbing more items to progress and so on and so forth. Your primary goal is to find the source of information documenting the creation of the Blackshard Knights, so notes of varying degrees of smuttyness can be found around the place, adding a bit of worldbuilding and details on potential threats as well.

Naturally if you guys remember games like Shadowgate, you remember the sheer levels of doom that happens in the game- the game does not handhold, and tends to let you stumble into some strange and unfair death scenes as a result. In a similar way, Shadecoven will feature a similarly high amount of deathtraps, however these will be more 'bad ends' then full on deaths (If there are any full-on murdertraps at all, of course, still debating that). Death scenes would feature a variety of fetishes, from tentacle swarms pulling you into pits of unmeasurable depths to creatures overpowering you and turning you into their breeding bitch, cultists catching you as you try to sneak away items and overpowering you, and so on and so forth. Even if murdertraps do appear, they'd probably be overplayed ones instead of simple mundane deathtraps.

I am picturing at least two endings as well- one where you take the information back, and one where you decide to use the information and kill a Shard Knight located in the campsite as well. Potentially more may show up if I can think of them.

I already got a general plot synopsis figured out and everything, but I am not sure what programs or equipment that would make it a feasible thing to try out.

---

This is an extremely early planned thing, but I think it has enough potential with a few bits of assistance to make it a feasible project to add to the group here. Feel free to feedback, interest, and all that jazz, and please point me in the right direction for how to get this potentially a thing >_>

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Shadecoven - A Shadowkeep Inspired Smutty Point & Click [WIP - Planning Phase]

Well, first off, the story seems pretty interesting, and erotic point-and-click seems interesting. Stuff got introduced a bit too quickly

I'd argue, however, that a lot of those games that had unfair death scenes did so to artifically increase play length (like bullshit deaths in 2D scrollers back in the day), and might not sit well with modern audiences.

I definitely argue for an alternate system that penalizes, but which isn't disastrous, or at least not after one fail.