What's new

Shadowed Path - Ironscar Prison Breakout (ALPHA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Shadowed Path - Ironscar Prison Breakout

Just missed it...

As Elise spoke, things began seeming... disjointed. Although, at the same time, she'd begin feeling strangely calm, almost...

Lanric began moving, and seemed to be in agreement on pushing on a double-move. He paused, though, when he looked towards the mysterious plant. "Oh, did you figure anything out on that plant, then?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Eh, I dunno. Seen it sold in the market, I know, that much. Other than that..." She answers, then just shrugs, starting off in the direction they were headed.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanric stops, and seems to think for a second. "Wait... Which market are we talking about here? Can't quite place it, but there's something off about this plant, I'm thinking..."

What may or may not be obvious is that it's not necessarily the plant that's triggered this reaction.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer looked at the plant, and stated to himself "Is not look delicious enough." before shifting back to his human state, a slightly side-turned head looking at the group and stating "So, is the only one to catch the great joke me? The first people to escape Ironscar Prison have no real place to escape to. The divine comedy of it all, the joke. The pale lady might be an aide, or might simply have wanted to prove a point. Ah the laughs that this brings..." He states, before asking, less then simply, "Would the map happen to indicate where our not-entire-living benefactor happens to be? Or have we completely lost our directions?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I've said several times, She's waiting at the mansion on the map." Elise answered, somehow failing to be annoyed at the repitition. "If all the scales are close enough, we should get there today. Kind of surprised we aren't there already, actually. It's like, a dozen miles, at most."

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer smiled and nodded cheerily "Well, then, it is time to be getting mobilized to be getting going, at worst we repay a debt, at best we get a meal."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanric shrugged. "Well, I guess it's time to get moving."

With some prodding, the group off escapees began moving, with Gilfer at the rear. As things edge towards midday, Lanric gestures, suggesting a short break for a quick bite.

The bags grabbed at the same time as the bedrolls have food in them.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer opens a bag and starts promptly eating, with uncanny degrees of joy, as if this were the best meal in ages.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Sitting down with a sigh, Elise didn't even bother glancing at the others before tearing open her own pack. "Oh, man." She saidearnestly, tearing itno the rations she discovered with a fervour to match Gilfer's, barely pausing to taste what she was eating.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanric seemed content to eat at a more normal pace, obviously keeping a bit of a watch for trouble...

The break passes without obvious incident. As the group moves on, the same positions were taken up. However, Gilfer might begin questioning his work on covering the tracks...

As things pushed on towards late afternoon, the group would pass something that might trigger a reaction from Elise... One of the marked features from the map.

Basic Wisdom check, Shrike.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer shakes his head irritatedly announcing "This was so much more fun last night, when I had the time to misdirect, when I had the time to aim them in a different direction. Nonono, this pattern is all wrong." With that, he starts cackling "I will correct it though, don't be mistaken, the misweaved stitch will be ripped out and redone a thousand times over, and the colors will bleed through, oh yes, they will! THEY WILL!"

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Elise paused for a moment, glancing between the map and the feature she had spotted. "Think we're making progress, boys."

(Wisdom roll=12 )

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Judging by what she saw on the map... They'd gone slightly off-course, although that's not necessarily a bad thing. Still, it would seem that the scale was off. At best guess, the group would have to stop for a major rest one more time before reaching their destination.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Some progress, but ye gods that woman is not a cartographer. chances are, we'll find it sometime tomorrow night, if we follow the same plan. and the things are at least placed in proper relation to each other, who knows." The woman announced, rolling the map up with an air of disdain.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer laughed, giggled and pranced about slightly, moving around and looking at the lady with a smile "We'll make due with dues and deaths. 'Tis to be a laugh!"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanric just shook his head slightly, once again rubbing his right arm as if it were cold. "Great. Suppose we ought to keep moving, then."

As the group continued on, the sun began setting. Once again, Lanric seems to go from being somewhat sickly looking to looking almost normal.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Elise seemed to walk a bit straighter as the sun set as well, though it had more to do with the light in her eyes than anything else. She seemed to amble some when they first set off, but that disappeared near nightfall as well, the woman focusing once again and stopping them for a quick breather before starting on their second long walk, true rest waiting at the end of it, at least until the following night.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As they were stopped, Gilfer looked at Elise for a moment, before nodding to himself and stating "It was going to be waited for until later, but I feel now would be a goodening time to ask the question. So, between two fellow predators, let me ask you, miss spider, says the mirror, what has ten eyes and an unhealthy obsession with devouring everything?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

“You do.“ Elise replied, smirking a little. “And it only becomes unhealthy when you try to take a bite out of something that can bite back.“ She finished. Her tone remained neutral, but the way she looked at him implied some sort of threat on her part, perhaps.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer's head tilted in confusion "Yes, eating everything is certainly an intriguing concept, but that does not do the answering to my question, it merely provides a hypothesis to test involving crocodiles, dragons, and bigger, bitier things. Whatever is the thing that claims to be me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.