What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Shanbahak] Lewd Maze

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Good lord why does this run so badly compared to other versions?

EDIT: Ya know, maybe I shouldn't have 2 separate versions of an older build of Java installed.

EDIT 2: Nope, still slow as hell.

Last edited:
OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Try windows version. It has OpenJDK preinstalled so you dont need Java for it.

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
It shouldn't be laggy unless you run it on very, very old config. Like i tested things on first gen Core3 and it still got around 30-40 fps.

Well, unless there is something really wrong with your OS / software. Like mining trojan running or windows 10 protection going high-wire.

Last edited:
OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Btw, new demo is out for Patrons~
Changelog so far:

-Added Elf and Smith scenes to Imp tent. Smith scene only available on level you hire her, ofc. Also added option to refuse paying money for Imp tent, so you could get a scene regardless.
I think its not really rewarding because everyone will choose that option, so maybe i will revert it back.

-Added Cat x Mino cum version included to fight, still a bit WIP - not shaded, but decided to spoil everyone regardless.

-Couple minor bugfixed.

Meanwhile, working on various stuff, tons of it. Working on Talk button (finally?), working on player storage in Mansion, working on Dullahan Merc~
I think we should have good amount of Quality-of-Life stuff this month, i guess~

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
It's been over 5 years, how is this still not done...

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Well. In short, moneyz. If you're not an artist, coder and everything else yourself, it hurts your wallet a lot.

As an example, lets say you wanna make single good-looking lewd animation for battle~
You will need lineart, cuz its not really possible to make 640x360 pixels without some kind of line base, too much workload.
Lines can go from 200 up to 600 or higher, depending on quality. Since you want good finish too, add same amount for cum animation lineart.
Chris quality lines are pricey, but totally worth it.

After that, you need pixelz, right~
Which again will cost you around 200-300 per loop - good shading, cleaning lines base and stuff.
Which will give ya arooound 800 - 1800 cost per single battle lewds animation, heavily depending on quality and frames amount.

Which can be either half, or equal to our monthly support lol. I actually add extra $$$ sometimes from my own wallet.
And ofc you need basic battle sprites, Iso textures, VN pieces and ofc good amount of lewd CGs to follow.

I think we're doing really good job so far, having more than 40 large HCGs and around 30 lewd animations so far~
It took good amount of time but we're actually providing content.

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I think its not really rewarding because everyone will choose that option, so maybe i will revert it back.
While true. after a while you just seem to have so much money it's night impossible to not have enough to pay her. that's worth considering too.
Perhaps a discount in exchange to being her toy?

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm thinking of adding some sort of barter, like you have to give her items from current stage. Maaaybe it will be better overall, at least better than just money.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
as a long time supporter, I do have to say, i AM happy with the content we get, but the game feels...meandering. Like, we're no closer to any sort of completion. Alot of pretty basic functions still either dont work, or have placeholders. New scenes and characters are being added but it doesn't feel like we're moving forward. There is no ending in sight. It feels like the game is in purgatory. No story progress is being made, even though this is a roguelite, no new stage TYPES or events....I feel like I can see this games dev cycle in the form of tree rings because im seeing that dated original art sometimes, and then those immaculate fully detailed paintings for SOME game over screens but not others.

Just kinda feels like.....we're going in circles. Theres no plan. If after 5 years I can say "oh yeah, we got the sequence of levels all planned out, the forest,, swamp, volcano, island, monster village etc, and they added the weapon upgrade system and all the equipment and all the party members have been PLANNED and somewhat implemented, things are coming together neatly" but like....I havent played the newest build but are all the swamp enemies still in a "test level" under the quest board with the same 5 or 6 repeating fetch quests? Do all the buttons in combat actually work yet? Do the characters actually have skills for that skill tab to even make sense being there yet? Is the only move in that skill tab still "H test?" You know, the H test that doesn't actually....H test?

Just you know....Thats my perspective, thats what I see. Feels like this game can just....I dunno.....suddenly stop out of nowhere. I feel the same way I did watching this game the way I felt watching literally every Legend of Krystal project back in the day. Aimless content adding, no plan, "hey guys, anyone seen the dev in like 6 months?"

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, its my first project so i can make some mistakes or wrong steps ofc~
So far, for game plan:
Wrapping first segment (needs mino capture quest and scene)
Doing some town mechanics (storage, gallery etc)
Doing some battle mechanics (Talk button etc)
Adding some extra quests and a bit of storyline for progressing between stages
Finishing 2nd stage (needs merc finished and 2 minibosses, and good amount of stuff for crafting/looting)
Starting 3rd stage (Cemetery / Shrine), if you're long-term patron you already saw concepts and basic sprites like shirohebu, nightmare etc

Currently i'm working on Talk and Storage, waiting for CG artist to finish dullahan merc gameover for mushroom so he could start Mino capture scene :)
As for skills, yes they're working, there are proper buffs / debuffs, passive effects and some active attack skills for pure damage.
However, we obviously need to add some VFX for skills since they lack that~
Also i will remove H-Test soons, since you will have talk option for Seduce or Taunt etc~

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
A bit of Demo delay~
Hey guys. First of all, i'm really sorry, we have to delay demo a bit.

I live in Ukraine, and our programmer currently too.
Woke up couple days ago from fucking cruise missiles landing in city.
Not a very pleasant experience.

We both had to change location a bit and evacuate to more safe zone~
Currently spending extra few days to settle in new location.

I will try to release thigns as soon as possible, maybe it will be just new traps and GO for stage 2 forest, without Store or Talk button.

We'll see, this whole mess delayed stuff a lot.
Well at least we're safe.
I've heard S-Purple team have artist right into heavily sieged city, god i wish him luck :|

fool013

Reputation score
A bit of Demo delay~
Hey guys. First of all, i'm really sorry, we have to delay demo a bit.

I live in Ukraine, and our programmer currently too.
Woke up couple days ago from fucking cruise missiles landing in city.
Not a very pleasant experience.

We both had to change location a bit and evacuate to more safe zone~
Currently spending extra few days to settle in new location.

I will try to release thigns as soon as possible, maybe it will be just new traps and GO for stage 2 forest, without Store or Talk button.

We'll see, this whole mess delayed stuff a lot.
Well at least we're safe.
I've heard S-Purple team have artist right into heavily sieged city, god i wish him luck :|
Dude, your life takes priority over a fucking game. Take care of yourself first!

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Dude, all in due time. No sane man will expect you to update in this situation. I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully the conflict is over soon.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Stay safe and be sure to prioritize yourself over the game.

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks guys.
Demo 0.7.212a is out for Patrons~ sorry for delay.
Its a bit short, but oh well.

-Added more traps animations to 2nd stage

-Added gameover CG for 2nd stage traps

-Added shaded and polished version for mino x cat finish, now its done

This update was a bit messy, had to skip a lot of stuff we were working on like Talk button and store.
Kinda had to move away from frontline and settle in new place. Well, at least both me and programmer safe - for now.
Will try to update gallery rewards soon~

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Demo 0.7.214a is OUT For Patrons~
Hey guys, sorry for delay. Not the biggest update, but here we go:

-Added player storage in mansion. Yay, quality of life content. Now you can store all your juicy loot, sort it and stuff.
Double-click to move things. Currently a bit beta, so please let me know if somethign is broken, or maybe about features you would love to see here.

-Added new trap type (Wall traps) and added one trap + animations to 2nd stage. Watch out for weird wall fruits growing in one of rooms, they're not torches~
Let me know if this type of traps is actually good, because i'm kiiinda unsure player move around walls much?

-Fixed couple minor bugs like removing Kaeryn mercenary from team after Mino 1-3 fight.
Previously you could stack Kaeryn's in team , so hopefully istuff like that is fixed

About current plans and current situation. I'm living atm in somewhat safe city without ground troops fighting, but we have missiles from time to time.
And its like air alarm - go hide into basement 3-4 times per day.
Sometimes important things are going down like electricity or water supply, but its getting fixed pretty fast.
Not very comfortable, but at least its safer than other regions.
Programmer located in same city so we'll continue working, maybe not as fast as we did previously, but we aim for do more QoL updates like Talk buttons, aside of workin on dullahan lewds.

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Demo 0.7.215a is out for patrons

QoL update.
Changelog so far:

-Added more features to storage. Now sort button works for both inventories, you can double-click for stack size selection and so on. Small but important.

-Added Talk button functionality, yay. Chat is currently not working, but you can either Taunt or Seduce enemy.
Note, currently both have 100% work chance and Seduce debuffing enemy attacks/defence a bit.
This is obviously too OP, in future you will get CHANCE to debuff enemy with Seduce, and Taunt will add randomly selected amount of provocation points.
So failed Taunt may not work at all, and failed Seduce will lead to enemy gangbang with full power :)

-Added extra sound functionality to Talk button. Now all choices can have some voices included for participants.
Currently using couple cute sounds for Taunt and Seduce, let me know if we should add some more of that.
Its not really a proper dialogue sounds ofc, more like extra pepper for "talking" feature.

-Couple minor bugfixes, now its possible to have multiple Charmed targets on field - enemy will choose randomly who to bang next.

Still working on Dullahan Merc. She got half of scenes done, i think?
Next we plan to make another QoL update next week.
It should have that Chat working, aaand i will add more items and stuff.

OP
Assc0bar

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
Lol cant be helped. I'm doing some volunteer work like package meals for army and i moved a bit away from frontline~
But overall we're having couple missiles every day landing in city even here. Fuckers just shoot completely random target, like we got large shopping mall hit couple hours ago.