What's new

She is the Night (Sir-Oni)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: She is the Night (Sir-Oni)

(Hush you.)

Eleanor didn't have the heart to explain to the spiders that this wasn't what people usually did to the dead, and that she did this to prove a point to anyone that comes this way. So instead she let them get on with it while she looks over her ill-gotten goods once more to make sure they grabbed everything she could use to begin her new life. Once the spiders have finished Eleanor turns around to look at their handiwork, a scowl forming on the mercenaries face as she silently regrets being too forceful too soon. But the guy got the message in the end and she does have work left to finish, so Eleanor shrugs and turns Geralt and Kara.

"Some of his comments?" Eleanor repeats, curious as to what Geralt means. Perhaps in her anger she had ignored something important the slaver had said? It wouldn't have been the first time after all. A fair few of her missions had almost gone bad thanks to Eleanor and her temper.

"You're free to do whatever you want," Eleanor says with indifference as she turns to Kara. "You kept your end of the deal so I'm keeping mine. I am thankful for your help, but from here on I've got a mission to complete, and then a road to travel. You've probably got some time left before the demons fully overrun this place, so if you're going I'd set off now. Though..." Eleanor pauses for a moment, unsure whether what she is about to say would bite her in the ass at a later date. The slaver's words about Kara easily selling Eleanor out should the need arise are fresh in her memory, but Eleanor wants to believe she wouldn't do that. "You could always tag along. You seemed like a pretty good fighter down in the sewer, and the company would be appreciated."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eleanor: HP = 57, PP = 51, EP = 40, Status = Pregnant

"Yeah. It's not every lunatic that casually boasts that he's died before, particularly in imperial territory. That kind of talk attracts the attention of the inquisition. The way I see it, it's just as likely that he wasn't lying as it is that he was, and if he wasn't.... Well, I've heard of stranger things," Geralt explained casually, but then shrugged.

Kara continued to frown following Eleanor's response, and glanced between Eleanor and the man being webbed up to the top of the factory several times. "I.... Guess I could come along with you," she said after a moment, "I might not stick around forever, but it's not like there's anything for me here."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"He... did?" Eleanor pauses, thinking on her little chat with the now dead slaver, trying to remember everything that had been said between the two of them, and cursing herself for missing an important part of what the man had said.

"I guess that's not enough then, huh?" Eleanor finally says as she does recall the man having said something along the lines of dying more than once. "Can't have him coming back from this. I can't have the past few years going to waste if he'll just come back from the dead and continue this shit. We'll need to torch him, hopefully that'll stop him from coming back. Anyone have anything to torch him with?"

A faint smile forms on Eleanor's lips as Kara decides to join her, happy that she'll have at least one human travelling companion. She then turns to Geralt and Anny. "And what are your plans after we've finished up here? You heading off somewhere?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Nope," Geralt said with a grin, "Anny, if you don't mind?" The girl in question strode up next to him with a grimace and raised a hand up towards the crucified corpse of the slaver. A moment later, a ray of blood red flames streaked out from her upraised palm, striking the dead man in the chest and setting him alight. "He probably won't stay up there long. Silk burns. But he'll not be coming back after that," Geralt said evenly, still smirking up at the burning man. He even gave the flaming body a quick salute, "Burn in hell!"

When Eleanor turned to the two mercenaries and asked them what their plans were, they both shrugged. "We were in town to make some money," Anny said, and Geralt nodded and finished her sentence; "But Artmirst isn't what it used to be. Too few demons to make these trips worth it anymore, so we're probably taking off too. Not anywhere in particular though, you want some company on the road for a bit?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Eleanor watches Anny curiously, her gaze following the young woman's hand as it rises up and towards the dead slaver, her fingers outstretched. As the flames shoot forth Eleanor eyebrows rise, clearly impressed by the woman's magical capabilities. She stands there for several minutes, watching the man's corpse be consumed by the fire, before turning away and chuckling quietly at Geralt's act.

"Some more company sounds fine with me," Eleanor checks the makeshift wagons once more to make sure the spiders had collected everything she'd need for the journey ahead before turning back to the group once more. "Looks like everything's in order. Let's head back and get those girls so I can tie up this mission before we set off."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With nothing else to keep them there, Eleanor and her unusual company started their journey across Acheron, the wagon pulled by the white fluffy spiders as they made their way to the place where they'd left Fido to guard Aulekia's body and the enslaved girls that she'd been sent to rescue. When they arrived, the hellhound came bounding out to sniff Eleanor energetically before turning to the wagon and wrinkling his nose. The spiders that she had also left to guard the body pulled Aulekia's wrapped corpse out a few moments later and set it on the wagon, and then they were off once again.

Moving through the less dangerous section of Artmirst, Eleanor and her companions went unmolested and escaped the ruined city, and the lands around it. Geralt and Anny parted ways with them once they reached the next village, though not before they all learned of the alien attacks on the major cities. It was there that Eleanor found out that she was pregnant, but through all that chaos, the former mercenary pressed on. After receiving her reward for rescuing the nobleman's daughters, Eleanor, Fido, Kara, and the fey spiders headed North, leaving Badaria through the pass of ghosts where she would found her farm, and give birth to her daughter, Lani.

~~~~~The End~~~~~​