What's new

RPG RPG Maker Ryona [ シカポン/Shikapon] サブ救って!マジカルレヴァンティアチャンネル!~リスナー数で強くなる魔法少女~ (RJ01077453)

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Pictures:

Story:
Retired magical girl Revantia decides to resume her activities when new and stronger Villains appear in town. Revantia decides to start live streaming her battles since her powers increase the more supporters she has.

Controls:
Standard RPG maker game with turn based combat

Gameplay:
There are five different areas that you can explore each day, with available events changing depending on if you are exploring as Revantia or Kei (her real identity).
Every Friday Revantia will have to fight one of four different Villains, with the ultimate goal of the game to fight each Villain three times and reach week 12.

Villain battles play out as standard turn based combat, but before every battle you'll be able to select an outfit, camera, microphone and lighting set, each providing different buffs. Additionally, you will also be able to selct sponsors, superchats minimum price and moderation, each influencing the number and kind of spectators tuning in the stream.
During the batte you'll have the option to attack, use defensive moves (barrier, guard, health recover and dodge) or look around or observe the enemies movements to find special actions to use against the villains (works only for specific battles). Once you bring down the Villain to 1 health, you'll be able to finish the battle using your finish move. If you run out of hearts you will not lose the battle right away, but you'll get in a downed status instead and the Villain will initiate an H scene. You'll be able to use the "powerful resist" option or an item to restore your hearts and resume battle before the Villain defeats you completely. There is also a "resist" option, but as far as I can tell it's there only if you actually want to lose the battle to unlock the full H scene.

Every move that Revantia can use comes in two forms, good or bad. Using either form will increase the number of spectators that have a good heart or a bad one, with the power of your moves increasing with the number of spectators. I'm not entirely sure how the heart of the spectators influences the gameplay, but I think having too many bad heart spectators will prevent you from unlocking the true ending.

Additionally, each day Revantia's lust will slightly increase (with higher increases with each passing week). To decrease her lust and avoid it from getting to high, you'll have to buy items from one of the shops.

Fetishes:
Minor ryona elements in just a couple of scenes.

This game has been out for a while now but I only recently found out about it.
It's the first work of a new author and it shows in the sense that the gameplay is quite clunky and buggy (the author themselves admitted to rushing development to meat their release deadline). Story progression is confusing (it's difficult to understand where you need to go to progress the main story) and some elements seem to have not been implemeneted properly (for example even though you can select a different camera model at the start of battles, I haven't found at all a place that sells new cameras, only microphones and lighting sets).

Despite the clunkiness, the game is still overall good and I personally found it to have amazing art and H content that makes it totally worth and ejoyable playing it.

Main H content is unlocked by being defeated in battle, but there are also other events that can be unlocked by letting your lust increase and exploring the map.
Game features 4 main bad ends (one for each Villain) that can be unlocked by either being defeated on a specific Villain's third battle or by progressing their "training" events on the map (specific lust and training level required for each event).
H scenes from battles offer variations based on Revantia's outfit (basic outfit or completely naked), her lust level, if she's a virgin or not and her Villain training level.

To unlock the true ending, you'll need to keep your lust level under 100 at all times, reach week 12 without losing to any Villain (this probably includes not getting in a downed state) and progress the main story events you can find on the map (there are three or four per villain). That can be tricky since there's no clear indictation on how to found those events, so if you're aiming for the true ending I suggest using this (Japanese only).

The author went on radio silence after the game release, but I really hope to hear from them again since their art is amazing and I'd be happy to see them work on a new game.

Last edited:

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This game could definitely have used some QoL changes - it's a massive pain in the ass to check where you need to be since traveling anywhere "costs" time, and if you are double-checking areas both in civilian and magical girl mode that means you could be reloading the game up to 10 times per morning/night. Combined with a lack of obvious trigger for certain events (it gets more obvious that you generally have to fight the boss, find the event, and repeat), if you're trying to get the good ending this game gets very tiresome, very fast. Really, just including some icons in the map mode could have avoided that altogether, but it is what it is, I guess.

Also, the "Bad" Hearts influence your training level. Generally, if you can keep the "Good" two or more ranks above the "Bad" (Eg: Bad @ C, Good @ A), you can get through a fight without raising the training level. This usually involves beating the boss with minimal use of Bad skills over a short period of time. I don't totally know what I'm doing, but getting +0 at the end of a fight seems to be more difficult as time goes on.

OP
evron

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yes, finding events for the true ending is quite tricky, that's why I suggest using a walkthrough. Keep in mind that certain events will appear only after a specific number of weeks passed, so constantly reloading the game might not be the best strategy if you're not allowing weeks to elapse.

Also, the "Bad" Hearts influence your training level. Generally, if you can keep the "Good" two or more ranks above the "Bad" (Eg: Bad @ C, Good @ A), you can get through a fight without raising the training level. This usually involves beating the boss with minimal use of Bad skills over a short period of time. I don't totally know what I'm doing, but getting +0 at the end of a fight seems to be more difficult as time goes on.
Thanks for the explanation! In my playthrough even though I had some training points for each villain (20. 25, 10, 20), I was still able to reach the true ending so I assume keeping training levels at 0 is not a hard requirement.

blerghit

Reputation score
Seems interesting, always fun to see magical "girls" getting corrupted.
Gameplay just sounds annoying. Might wait for a full save.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's a bit annoying to not have a partial for the CGI elements since MTool can only translate raw packages.
I'll definitely try it out to more completion once I figure out why I'm so bad at the combat within the game.

OP
evron

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll definitely try it out to more completion once I figure out why I'm so bad at the combat within the game.
Combat is quite tricky, especially if you can't read Japanese. It's not always a straightforward alternate between attack and parry, but each boss will require specific strategies for each of their phases. That also includes using the "look around" action to unlock special combat actions. Some hints to effectively fight the bosses must be found by exploring specific points of the map.

It requires a lot of trial and error basically, unless you use the walkthrough.