What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

I am though

comradered

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Man, now I'm convinced. You really can't type something without someone getting "hurt" over the internet. This whole conversation is just a neverending cycle of getting butthurt about someone's opinions.

This is the internet. You'd think everyone would develop some sort of thick skin to stuff like this.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Leave it alone guys, he has a right to be offended. People all do

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't stick my nose around just for bad words. I let people get away with a lot of insensitive comments here and I make em myself. But I do not put up with repeated hatred, and it's getting harder and harder to justify Zarion being this clueless to the nature of his words over and over. Zarion, you have been on very thin ice and continue to be close to sinking, so unless you have some major developmental disorder or something, you will find yourself in a more precarious position.

comradered

Reputation score

Nah, I don't think that'll work. I have a feeling he's one of the lowlifes in /jp/, back in 4chan. They have occasional threads discussing this game. Wouldn't be a stretch to say some are lurking this thread too.

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ToxicShock, whilst I might agree with the rest of the sentiment (insofar that Zarion certainly could have phrased things better, and I don't think he knows everything regarding ILLs situation): suggesting that Aspergers syndrome is somehow equivalent to a person being a "constant unapologetic cunt" is not something I'm going to let pass. If you think someone is being a jerk, you're entitled to say so. I do not think you're entitled to insult a group of people who have a medical condition by accident of birth any more than you are entitled to insult people on the colour of their skin, sexuality, or religion.

I have Aspergers, FYI.

Now can we please get back on topic instead of repeated flames?

+1 on all counts.

IMHO repeat flamers/trolls should be warned, (if manpower/tool available) only allowed to post with approval from mod for a trial period, then BANNED - at least for certain time period.

The main population of this forum is here to share and discuss games. Some need help with getting game to run or on mechanics of game and others are glad to help. Some like to help with translations or other technical issues. All of this is positive.

Criticism of a game is fine - but please explain your objections in a positive, constructive and polite manner. Everybody has their own taste.

Bugging a developer to release a game is unproductive at best. Bashing the developer is likely to get the developer to abandon the thread and forum - if not the game. It has happened before, though not here to my knowledge.

Answering the flamer with a flame is juvenile bullshit. Neg rep them. Report them. And if you are a mod/admin, handle it with your powers if a simple warning does not suffice. If you don't have the power or tools to do so - kick it upstairs.

There is no need for anyone to get personally offensive to anyone else here.

It is just a game.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I prefer my verbal warnings to be public and bashing, as it takes a lot to actually get one from me. Having said that, getting one is also to prevent actual action being taken. In many ways, it grants much leniency, but lets people know when they're out of line.

Having said that, it is still a discussion of this game. If anyone has any further comments, they should be made privately to members in messages or on their page. Posts after this should be towards the game itself.

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Leave it alone guys, he has a right to be offended. People all do

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't stick my nose around just for bad words. I let people get away with a lot of insensitive comments here and I make em myself. But I do not put up with repeated hatred, and it's getting harder and harder to justify Zarion being this clueless to the nature of his words over and over. Zarion, you have been on very thin ice and continue to be close to sinking, so unless you have some major developmental disorder or something, you will find yourself in a more precarious position.
Whoa, a ToxicShock post which is using diplomatic language?[/sarcasm]

Seriously, whilst normally I do have a (fairly) thick skin for insults, this is one of the issues that is a "red line" for me. I mean (strictly as an example), suppose ToxicShock had said "are you black?" instead of "do you have Aspergers?" as an explanation for poor behaviour - that would be highly inflammatory to a lot more people than just the handful with Aspergers.

And now I'm going to go back to trying to get RPGMaker Trans VX to work. It seems that ILL/Ryuusei Date are actually using that patcher I posted in this thread as part of their translation toolset, and there's a few features which would be useful for them, provided I can get the damn thing to work properly in the first instance...

EDIT: Whoops, cross posted with ToxicShock. To reiterate his message - any further comments should be on the game.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Was a full English translation of the demo ever released, or is it still just basic interface and castle translation?

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A full translation of the demo was not released, no. I believe that Ryuusei Date did send some files to ILL that translated a bit more, but I don't think they were integrated into the demo yet.

ILL

Reputation score

1. Hows going on english translation. stopping. I respect ryuusei's skill but hmm.
2. Hows going on Dev. still programing. some of those are maybe unnecessary but if game was released, put a new methods for it will be cause many bug and hell bothering both user and me.
3. Taskbar problem. still no idea to fix it.
4. I haven't april fool joke for this year.
5. Aye. I need support for my smoking.

EcchiExpress

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

1. Hows going on english translation. stopping. I respect ryuusei's skill but hmm.
Stopping? So you decided that Ryuusei will be no longer be translating your game? And if so, hope you find another willing to translate your game all while at the same time is able enough to translate your game.

Last edited:

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

5. Aye. I need support for my smoking.
Wait what, you need money for cigs, or are you trying to quit?

ILL

Reputation score

1.Delaying. translations does not update for month.
5.Quit? you kidding.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

No offense to the translator but I kinda saw this coming haha. He'd always go "Hey guys I'm translating this!" then he'll kinda disappear lol.