What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
sierra,i know the game story is almost done,but do you have any plans to update at least the character portraits to something not done by the rpg maker generator?i don't mind the lack of scenes because the game is text heavy,that's the entire point,but the character portraits...

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Thanks for your feedback!

Also, it makes it easy to level your stuff up by collecting every coin on the level, with the intention of losing at the end.
Don't bother with your superweapon or trying to trap him, just grind of gold.
Yeah, this is one example of unintended play that I haven't thought of a good way to get around. I could take away coins if the level is failed, obviously, but I think that'd just be frustrating. Personally in the design process what I found fun was the balance of collecting coins and using traps, but you're not the only person to bounce off the gameplay, farm coins, and then ignore them for a real run.

sierra,i know the game story is almost done,but do you have any plans to update at least the character portraits to something not done by the rpg maker generator?i don't mind the lack of scenes because the game is text heavy,that's the entire point,but the character portraits...
Sorry, but probably not. People are attached to the portraits by now and I think changing them would attract more negative attention than positive.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeah, this is one example of unintended play that I haven't thought of a good way to get around. I could take away coins if the level is failed, obviously, but I think that'd just be frustrating.
Yeah, that'd be a mistake.
I've encountered levels where I just didn't have enough traps to kill Runman, so I had to upgrade my dudes. Being able to do that with the coins of failed levels means I can just keep attempting, instead of having to replay old levels to grind, then making an attempt to actually progress afterwards.

As for the balance of collecting coins and traps... the coin-stuff does distract you a little, so you might miss traps, or getting the timing right on traps might require you to ignore a row of coins for a bit, but the main issue is that collecting coins just... wasn't very fun.
Especially in the early levels before the superweapon, where there's no incentive to not just mash constantly.

Doing the traps is fun enough, but the coin-part just... feels like a distraction, rather than something i'm actually interested in doing.
I'd prefer to just ignore them, and focus on using the traps to beat up Runman, but you can't win that way.
Need money for bigger damage.

Oh, unrelated but spiked-ball guy feels kinda underpowered compared to dropping-rock guy, and the spikes from the ground.
Maybe because he can't crit?
It just feels like he wasn't really contributing, damage-wise.

Lowering Runman's speed doesn't really seem worth spending money to upgrade, given the minor amount you lower it by and how quickly he recovers. extended stuns would be nice but going from 0.2 to 0.3 isn't really noticeable.
I'm not really sure what purpose the spiked-ball guy was supposed to serve, other than as a combo-filler.

The superweapon's damage is kinda weak too. Which doesn't really feel suitable for a "superweapon" but it's has by far the longest stun-time, which makes chaining traps together easier.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Oh, unrelated but spiked-ball guy feels kinda underpowered compared to dropping-rock guy, and the spikes from the ground.
Maybe because he can't crit?
It just feels like he wasn't really contributing, damage-wise.
The superweapon's damage is kinda weak too. Which doesn't really feel suitable for a "superweapon" but it's has by far the longest stun-time, which makes chaining traps together easier.
Because you can't miss with the throwing minion, he deals less damage, but he causes the most stun. The dropping minion does the most damage, spikes reduce speed the most, and the thrower reduces speed the most.

You probably see where this is going with the special attack. Since you have some flexibility about when you use both of them, the idea was that their purpose was to keep chaining together attacks.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I just put out a big TLS update for patrons! This one takes the party back to Stineford, where much of the game began, but now the player is dealing with much bigger issues:

Not everything is as you remember, however. You've already seen Stineford change over time, and that will increase in the last chapter:

Look forward to going back to old locations and exploring them in a great level of depth, however:

Expect more on the party's core concerns as well:

This update also contains the longest sex scene in the game... several times longer than the previous record. It's as long as a short story, long enough that it might be a bad idea. =P Anyway, this update is bigger than average but can probably still go public in a week.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Damn that conversation with the bank guard though.

"The shard just wanted to lie down and sleep" was also powerful.

Super picky writer mode engage:

"the feeling of Wynn gasping" seems kinda weird because gasping is a sound and not like, a verb, I guess.

Also I guess busyness works as a way to differentiate it from business but, uh, I think it should still actually be 'business'?? That's even more picky writer bullshit though so it's like whatever.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Gasping is totally a verb as well as a noun.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hmm. I guess you could feel someone gasping, but typically it's more of a sound thing.

Also yes I now realize my fuckuppening of verb/noun things.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I get what you're saying about it being an odd touching/auditory match. I was going for the fact that since she was against his body, he could feel her intake of breath and that sort of thing.

Glad you enjoyed the bank guard. I had fun writing him. XD

WellIGuess

Reputation score
So, after several hours of marathon play, I have to admit: That's quite a yarn you've spun here. I am honestly, intellectually curious to see where this will go and how it will all end.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Thanks! I'm taking things toward a definitive conclusion, so I hope that people find it satisfying once we finally get there.

Vaz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Some parts of the Walkthrough are somewhat obscure. In the Return to Stenai, it states:
"After that, talking to Wendis will take you to the Aramite tower again, but you'll be going "deeper" this time. This dungeon is on multiple levels, and you can talk to your companions to go deeper in a specific direction - undo the blockages on all levels, and you will reach your goal - though you don't really find what you were looking for."

Could someone please post some better directions for this? I undo all the blockages, but there's a chest which I can't access and suspect it contains the Crystal of Stability. So please what's the secret to navigating this?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Version 0.48.0 is now out for patrons:

Starting off the new year with a new update! This one continues to launch the final chapter with some major updates and a return to Eustrin. Not much else to say for now, but you can expect it in a week.

No preview images this update, as it has been an unusually busy day. But a new year is a good time to reconsider old habits, so I'm contemplating not including screenshots anymore. People seem to have shifted away from forums and I'm thinking that perhaps no one would really miss them. Speak up if you feel differently, though.

Some parts of the Walkthrough are somewhat obscure. In the Return to Stenai, it states:
"After that, talking to Wendis will take you to the Aramite tower again, but you'll be going "deeper" this time. This dungeon is on multiple levels, and you can talk to your companions to go deeper in a specific direction - undo the blockages on all levels, and you will reach your goal - though you don't really find what you were looking for."

Could someone please post some better directions for this? I undo all the blockages, but there's a chest which I can't access and suspect it contains the Crystal of Stability. So please what's the secret to navigating this?
Hi, sorry you haven't gotten another response. I would recommend asking on the wiki, where I'm sure someone would help you. Since ULMF has deprioritized threads like these, they tend to be inactive.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:

Check the blog for links, update notes, and everything else! By the way, more people on the various forums commented or messaged me about the screenshots, so I'll continue with them. ^-^

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Bug!

I'd saved on the CHAPTER FIVE scene and got the opening text of 48.2 on the CHAPTER FIVE screen. Iiiii am assuming that was the correct stopping place because I can't remember what happened last.

(EDIT: Bugs!

The version display is still 48.1.

Even more minor than the other bug. I suppose the other one might be a problem if the text displays when it's NOT in the little end-of-version save room.

The optional boss is a mean cuss. Maybe Simon/Hilstara/Vhala/Carina wasn't the best matchup and it certainly wasn't a quick one, but even with them I had a hell of a time staying alive.

The 2 Tower Bossmans were a huge pain this time too. I don't remember really ever having trouble with them before but they were just shitting on me this time. Would have helped if there was a comfy free-heals-resting-place, but even having cleaned out every fight I ran into I only really had to use like a dozen mana pots to keep fit, so.

Tertia is a treasure. Literally apparently, given what we do with her.

Her music is like really cool too, is it an RPG Maker asset or did you get it from somewhere else?
)

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Thanks for the bug reports! The text in the waiting room and the version display will stay for now, since they're temporary bugs. The dialogue takes place normally if you play from the previous content, so it's just a minor issue for those in the waiting room this update.

Glad you liked the new character. ^-^ Her music is one of the tracks I got from... someplace. Except for a couple exceptions, I've tried to replace all the default music.

lostone2

Reputation score
Just a remainder that Decanter keeps a wiki page about the music on the game. It can be found .