What's new

Silent Hill Style Erotic Survival Horror Game

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi there, ULMF. De-lurking. I followed Janna over to this board and watched the PBP RPs that people around here play and decided I wanted to run a game of my own. So here we go, just a basic interest check thread.

The style of the game will be modern erotic survival horror, inspired a lot by Silent Hill. The tone is more focused on suspense and investigation than gore or splattery horror.

The characters will all start out in the small Canadian town of Peiquok, an out of the way coastal village where the characters might be vacationing or just passing through. The whole town is quarantined shortly after they’ve arrived and weird things begin happening; people vanishing, sightings of strange creatures and other mysterious events. It will end up being up to the PCs to figure out what is happening and save themselves from sexy, tentacle danger xD

I’m trying something different than the way these games have been run before. A large number of the combats will be taking place in one-on-one PMs, Dungeon of Pleasure or Citadel of Corruption style (although later on there will be encounters that take place in places where more than one character can get involved). This is going to increase the danger as well as making it possible for players to participate individually even if their schedules normally don’t match up with my activity periods.

The game will be using a modified version of the rules that Janna (Hi Janna XD) wrote up for Fear of the Dark. The character creation is a little complicated so I hope to have a subforum just for the rules and things like that set up soon off of the main Nightmares Unnamed forum (which is already up!).

Right now I don’t need characters or ideas. We’ll get that once the forum is all set up and I have the rules in place, this is just to check and see who might be interested in playing.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Silent Hill Style Erotic Survival Horror Game

Awesome first post :x

Interest shown

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds interesting are you going to institute a player cap though? I think that too many players may be the reason the last pm based game (Run by CloudXDP) fell off the map.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

:D I heard something about this. I'm interested, though I'm pretty bad with stats. D: Can you walk us through it if we screw up somewhere?

(Also, hi, welcome to the board!)

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

*waves back* Hey :D Since I've been helping with this, you know that there's interest shown by me.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks, Loli!

I'm instating a player cap based on time rather than number, though I should be able to handle things. I've GM'd a couple of games before so I'm fairly sure that I know my limits. XD If I think I've got more than enough people, I'll do a cut-off... so far four interest isn't going to overtax me... I hope!

Hi Wallpaper, thanks! Don't worry about stats. Once you get through the complicated looking parts, it gets to be simpler, and I'll be here to walk you through things. In fact, before everyone starts I'm going to have to approve characters, and if things seem way off in a way that might make game play frustrating, I may PM or let you know in the forum that you may want to redistribute some points into one thing or another. I've got your back!

Janna, you'd better be! :p Or else I'll sic that centaur on you!

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh good. :D I'm always up for some Silent Hill-stuff... mmm, Pyramid Head action.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe not Pyramid Head necessarily, though I'm hoping I can give you guys a scare or two, or have fun trying! xD

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Inquisitive Query: What is the general climate of the region? Tropical, temperate, sub-arctic, etc., desu?

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Temperate pine forest with very nice summers. Good fishing, hunting and outdoor activities. The beaches are decent although the ocean is cold. There are some lakes nearby and a Peiquok is at the mouth of a small river.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If, say, our character came to the area to do some canoeing or some such, how rough is the river? on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being flat and smooth and 10 being a whitewater.

Edit: Actually, better yet: on this , what would it be?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Woot!

Interest shown.

5th player is I.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

The river itself is fairly peaceful. On the scale you posted, I would say probably around a Class II with some Class III sections upriver from the town.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

well i'll throw out some interest shown.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Glad to have you, Dreana. With six people I may start putting up information, then move it into the appropriate subforum once that gets up. Might as well get this rolling.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

gah, i thought you capped it.

I'm a bit busy lately, but i'll consider being an "alternate" if I get more time

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm instating a player cap based on time rather than number, though I should be able to handle things. I've GM'd a couple of games before so I'm fairly sure that I know my limits. XD If I think I've got more than enough people, I'll do a cut-off... so far four interest isn't going to overtax me... I hope!
I think he meant that he was going to start with the game, he hasn't even posted the character sheet stuff yet, so you're probably fine?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, my point stands that I'm not sure if I'm fine myself. My jobs starting soon, so that combined with everything might cut in a bit.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

From one ex-lurker to another, welcome to non-lurking status :D. This sounds interesting, and I did like Janna's system for Fear of the Dark (in addition to the game itself). If I arrived in time (damn job!) I'd like to also express interest in playing :)

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

There is still room in the game. Because of the way I want to structure things, I don't think it's going to be a problem having a few more people involved. I'll warn ahead of time that I'm not always going to be able to do dozens of posts in a row, so if you're looking for a game that moves quickly this probably isn't the one for you.

The "six persons" thing was just me saying "Oh, we have enough people interested that I should start sharing my wisom and awesomeness with you all." xD