Not open for further replies.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Sincerest Apologies...

Exactly, no one in the history of ever has ever backed down from their point of view in the entirety of our existence. Because telling someone they've posted in the wrong place is comparable to telling someone their God doesn't exist.

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Exactly, no one in the history of ever has ever backed down from their point of view in the entirety of our existence. Because telling someone they've posted in the wrong place is comparable to telling someone their God doesn't exist.
I'm sorry. I had to bite, one more time. Toxic, I'm pretty sure your being a sarcastic douche, But I'll say this anyways: Sadly, you have NO IDEA how right you are.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm, now do you mean I'm right in being sarcastic or the sarcastic remark I made, itself, was right. It's a difficult situation for me to grasp since I'm always right, so when I go out of my way to make statements contradictory to my beliefs, I can no longer tell why people tell me how right I am. But yes, I guess if my sarcastic remark is right, you can continue your ignorant jaded view of the world in which people are NOT social beings, contrary to all evidence as science points otherwise and people test with no levels of compliancy despite the fact they do. And you can apply whatever personal stories you feel exist, despite the fact that personal stories people often come up with are only "case studies" and case studies are only used to prove EXCEPTIONS to rules so you'd be admitting to the fact you're taking an extreme stance that is, on the whole, incorrect. Way to not offer any solid evidence to why that is not a cop out way of taking the high horse out of an argument while YOU YOURSELF have taken the high horse in this.
Now that I'm done RUINING my point by actually replying to this exercise in futility, I shall watch another thread and never speak of this again.
Yes, I was a douche, but you painted yourself as such with the above statement. Did you have to clean your monocle against your shirt before moving on? Or did your butler do it? Prune your mustache more and look down on us insolent ignorami because we are helpless children who needed scolding, because this idiocy has been determined and written in stone that these events will play out as such but your blue blood nose still must have been thrust into this conversation because you didn't get your daily dose of superiority. But I'm sorry sir, you are wrong. You are wrong here clearly, and though that doesn't illustrate you as inferior, it doesn't give you the right to make your drive-by comments riding on the back of your red carpet which so stunningly flows from your thoroughbred-drawn, gold-plated limousine.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Capslock or not, Mots has a point. In fact, even in real life arguing never really works.
Bit of a hit and miss in here.

The thing is in real life, people actually DO back down on argument when they are proven wrong, considering in real life you actually are face to face with people.

your exsample just was bit too silly in thise terms.

It's completely different to be told by your muscular 2 meter office boss that you're wrong then someone you don't know behind an anime/cartoon/game avatar.
Specialy if one of the party is acting like an asshole.

In the internet, the arguments just don't usualy work so well as in real life, thus making em pretty pointless and wasted effort.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

it doesn't give you the right to make your drive-by comments riding on the back of your red carpet which so stunningly flows from your thoroughbred-drawn, gold-plated limousine.
I was wondering where my carpet and horsies got to! :( (Don't mind me, I haven't had any sleep tonight..)

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i can't be bothered reading this thread, do i need to close it or just leave it be.

OP
Zideeane

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

i can't be bothered reading this thread, do i need to close it or just leave it be.
It already served it's purpose for me. Now it's just an overflowing rage bucket.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Zid made a thread to ask a question in a silly place.
Oni irritably points him in the right direction.
Zid notes Oni's cheerful attitude. Say's can't find.
Oni actually finds and provides the sought item. Insults a bit more.

Oni and Zid play tennis a bit longer.

Some people argue about arguing on the internet. (for the record I kinda agree with Sin, even if I normally prefer to let others do it.)

Overall, the request the thread was made for has actually been answered, and the remainder isn't really needed.

I lean for closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.