What's new

VN/TEXT [Sogna] Viper GTB ~Rise After~

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
This game is one of Viper's (with all their delicious animation). It's fully in Japanese, but with one notable difference from other non-English games: the devs put up a 100% english walkthrough that is still on the web today.

This link should tell you everything you want to know. Basically it's a text and CGI game with RPG elements thrown in the middle. And almost all (if not every single) CG is animated with the deliciousness that you'd expect from one of the Viper games. This game is the source of this . If I'm not mistaken there are a couple futa scenes in here as well if you're more into that sort of thing. Worth a playthrough if you like Sogna's artistic style.

And now, the upload links:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reputation score
Re: [Sogna] Viper GTB ~Rise After~

And there goes my Danbooru IP ban acting up.

Anyway, I played this once years ago and downloaded a save file for the rest. It's good, but I liked a little more. Some of Rise After's scenes are just plain morbid, like when the bad chick captures Akira and puts a vicious maneating alien piranha in her vagoo.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I liked Rise After more than the original because most of the H was just more appealing to me. I guess because there's a lot more strap-on action (which is much more appealing to me than futa). Also there was more play time. The piranha scene didn't seem to bother Akira too much so it didn't really bother me either.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

has anyone had issues with the second rar file? i have tried downloading it twice and the part2 download keeps timing out in mid-download.

demongod

Lurker
Reputation score

This game is one of Viper's (with all their delicious animation). It's fully in Japanese, but with one notable difference from other non-English games: the devs put up a 100% english walkthrough that is still on the web today.

This link should tell you everything you want to know. Basically it's a text and CGI game with RPG elements thrown in the middle. And almost all (if not every single) CG is animated with the deliciousness that you'd expect from one of the Viper games. This game is the source of this . If I'm not mistaken there are a couple futa scenes in here as well if you're more into that sort of thing. Worth a playthrough if you like Sogna's artistic style.

And now, the upload links:

is there any specific requirements to run this game like flas player deamon tools or anything like that

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I know you need some sort of virtual drive software (dt or alcohol) and the game is in Japanese so I'd assume you need Jp unicode.

Mars Project

Lurker
Reputation score

Cool game, just wish it was translated.:(

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

The 100% english walkthrough I gave you includes synopsis of the storyline as well. It's pretty much the best thing you can get without translation.

Mars Project

Lurker
Reputation score

The 100% english walkthrough I gave you includes synopsis of the storyline as well. It's pretty much the best thing you can get without translation.
Eh? I don't recall any walkthrough, there wasn't one in the rar file, just a couple of .img files and a couple .cue files.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I uploaded this last year... and goddamn the walkthrough you posted is a godsend. It took me about 2 to 3 hours to get all the endings when I played blind. o_x

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh? I don't recall any walkthrough, there wasn't one in the rar file, just a couple of .img files and a couple .cue files.
Read the original post please.

Lucas said:
I uploaded this last year... and goddamn the walkthrough you posted is a godsend. It took me about 2 to 3 hours to get all the endings when I played blind. o_x
Ah. Shame that someone beat me to it, but glad I could help in that way, at least =)

demongod

Lurker
Reputation score

I know you need some sort of virtual drive software (dt or alcohol) and the game is in Japanese so I'd assume you need Jp unicode.
got comp set to jpuni so i'll try deamontool or alcohol link's to them plz or forum site locations with them in it plz

Last edited:

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

got comp set to jpuni so i'll try deamontool or alcohol link's to them plz or forum site locations with them in it plz
. Spell it correctly.

SuperBunnyBun

Lurker
Reputation score

any idea how I could get agth/atlas to work with it? When you have to access the game through a frontend program, you can't open the game through agth, and dunno how to make it point to a program already open.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not sure why you would need to. The that I linked in the original post contains plot synopsis as well as character bios, combat strategy/tactics, as well as images explaining everything including how to get every ending, with maps. Why exactly do you need the engrish translation of agth/atlas?

wren2012

Reputation score

the main point to having a professional localization, in my opinion, is getting shit UNCENSORED.

just say no to censorship. its evil. and pointless.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

nice one.Kinda reminds me of old 'Cobra Detective'(or something like that) game. Thanks for the memories)

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

well if anyone has the folder can you just get the animations in a zip then give it to us that way?

Phantom

Reputation score

I used to actually like these games, they were simple, short, to the point and THE SOUNDTRACKS WERE (mostly,) awesome.

Infact, I used to actually have a pack of all the images from the Rise series, GIFS and all. Though lost it between computers. Though in all truth, Rise was better.

Djinbu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Rehost, please. D:

Also, any idea where I can obtain the other Sogna games?