Soul Searching (sturm) Gmed by ranger

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Soul Searching (sturm) Gmed by ranger

Thelia seemed to relax in Sara's arms. "One cannot surrender when they are already a prisoner. Besides you saw what happened. Each stud is magical. Im not sure what each dose but I know that one of them restores my virginity so that vile creature can take it again and again. The other.. well apparently its a safe guard against infidelity. Or just a sick perverse fetish of his that you accidentally tripped. Besides I cannot leave they would just bring me back." Thelia moved one of her hands to the underside of her breast where the tattoo was.. no it was textured... it was a brand. "Thats magic as well... to insure loyalty. He is a sick creature all his assassins are woman and all of them his property. I'm no different that is... why I avoid connections it would bring risk to me and to the other. Do you understand Sara I cannot disobey him.. not unless I want to end up like his former assassins." Thelia shivered next to Sara.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara grimaced as Thelia described the sexual torture her captor...or maybe owner was a better term, put her through. It all sounded horrific. She really didn't know the first thing about helping her, though she was sure that she wanted to. Of course, between rescuing Naomi, defeating the terrible abomination that haunted the woods, and now this, her plate was getting full. Still, she knew she would get it done. She had to.

"Look Thelia, I'm not one to walk away, but we need to save our strength for the road ahead regardless. I won't fight you on this...tonight. Just snuggle up and let's stay warm and rest." She wrapped the half-elf in a tighter embrace and enjoyed the shared body heat until it was her turn to wake up and keep watch or break camp.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Thelia and Sera got warm Aya waltzed right in and frowned. "Aww man.... wish I had a fuck buddy." Frowning the girl grabbed a small flask and headed out of the tent to her watch leaving the girls alone. Cuddling together Sera found the elf far more relaxed than their previous encounters. Maybe the weight of telling Sera her tale had eased the burden somewhat.

Soon Thelia seemed to drift off leaving Sera awake awhile longer holding the elven woman close. Her hand rested on the scared flesh of the brand her fingers tracing out the patterns. It was intricate and large and had to have been painful. Still not trying to dwell to much on it Sera herself drifted off to slumber. In the morning she found Aya already asleep and Thelia no where to be found. However the smell of cooking meat was slowly wafting into the tent. Peaking out she found the woman in full dress cooking over a fire. More surprisingly was the small snow wall that was around the camp.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara laughed at Aya's remark, adding, "Oh hush, succu-slut, you know I'd fuck you all the time if I could. It's not my fault you slept with some farm boy instead of me at our last stop!" She blew the succubus a kiss as she left the tent.

The next morning she wasn't surprised to find that Thelia was already up, though she was surprised she hadn't woken her up for her watch shift. Exiting the tent, she surveyed the snow piled up around their campsite, obscuring them from prying eyes, and the half-elf cooking breakfast.

"Breakfast smells nice, Thelia. Did you build up this wall by yourself? Impressive." After sitting down at the fire beside the elf, she asked, "Why didn't you wake me up for my shift? I would have been happy to let you get some more sleep." Sara found herself tempted to kiss the half-elf on the cheek, but thought better of it. Instead she just scooted closer, cutting into her personal space a little bit. She decided that it was probably better to let the assassin control the pace of their romantic interactions. Making eye contact with Thelia, she added seriously, "Thank you for sharing all of that about yourself yesterday. I'm flattered that you trust me enough to talk about it." Turning her eyes back to the cooking pot, she added, "So, did you cook enough for everyone?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thelia raised an eyebrow at Sera. "Nah I had Aya start it last night. Sense we are travailing in wild country so defense against bandits might be in order. Thankfully we have proper dried wood. Any green stuff might be to smokey to obscure out position. Not to mention it will help keep the heat in from our small fire." Thelia turned over some meat and poked it with a fork a little. "I'm surprised your nymph lover didn't teach you this?" Hearing out Sara's answer if any Thelia shrugged. "Anyway we got a long road a head and Aya was pretty beat from yesterday so I decided to let you both sleep in a little." Not commenting on about their conversation Thelia grunted. "Yeah should be enough for all of us once the slut wakes up."

Eventually Aya did awake and while she looked a little bed worn it was hardly as sever as the few days spent at the inn. After eating the trio gathered up their supplies before hitting the snow again. Once more Thelia set a grueling pace making sure that they covered as much ground as they could before the sun got to low. It was slightly after their mid point break that Thelia stopped and crouched down motioning for the others to do the same. Moving up Sara looked to see what going on. Looking on she saw a fairly messy camp filled with cages that held people. Nearby about a dozen or so orcs stood eating guarding the prisoners. "We should avoid them. Ill cut a new trail." With that sad Thelia began to fall back down the small rise.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara nodded as Thelia explained the snow barrier. "I see, I didn't think to do it last night, but while we were traveling south of here I would set up log and brush barricades around our camp to hide it from prying eyes. I'll help more with this in the future." She laughed as Thelia called Aya a slut. "Hey now, there's nothing wrong with having lots of sex. I probably enjoy it as much as she does to be perfectly honest."

The pace that day was predictably brutal, however as they stopped a little earlier than she was expecting and Thelia motioned them down, Sara crept up for a better look. The scene before her was appalling, with many people imprisoned by a group of a dozen or so orcs. She took a brief count of the prisoners before sneaking back with the half-elf. Before she could start clearing another trail, Sara stopped her. "No, the way forward is through that camp. I will not abandon those people to slavery. I say we go back and free them." She looked to Thelia and Aya for input. "I could use my powers to distract them, and while you two take out some of them quietly before they even realize what's happening and we could certainly pull it off!"

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aya seemed all for it but Thelia would be harder to convince. "This isn't practice in the snow or foolish bandits. These are Orc Slavers they know how to counter your magics and will not be fooled easily." Thelia turned to Sara seemingly challenging her position on the matter. "What of your vaunted quests Sara what will happen if you fail here. By the time that nymph of yours could even begin to mount a rescue you would be either broken or dead." Thelia stared at Sara her face unmoving her eyes fixed on her with a slight sparkle beneath.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"I know orcs have resistance to magic, that's why it's important to have someone good with firearms. Someone like you. Now I am well aware of what failure means, but I can't just walk away from injustice like this. Aya and I are going to kill those orcs and free those people, you are welcome to join us." Turning on her heels, Sara nodded to Aya and motioned for her to follow her up the hill. Assuming Aya followed her, she would place a psychic shield around her for protection. She would of course grant one to Thelia as well if she decided to join her.

"Okay here's my plan, I'll pick out one and take over his mind, then I'll create an explosion and use the one I'm controlling to lead some of them off on a wild goose chase to split them up. Then we can deal with them in two smaller groups instead of one large one."

As they crept towards a vantage point, Sara looked to see what she was dealing with in terms of the orcs, seeing if there were any that looked particularly formidable, as well as one that looked particularly stupid or drunk that would make for an easy target for her to take over.

Psychic shield: 3 EP
-The character pays X EP. In addition, they must pay X - 3 EP upkeep every round.
-The character gets +3X bonus to Dodge, AV, Resistance to resist hostile effects and Grapple. Armor granted by this power cannot be ignored.
-The character can place this effect on any creature within 50 feet, but they must remain within that range and the character’s line of sight or the effect will be lost.

Casting on Aya and Thelia if she comes.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls
Orcs Vs Sera/party
Preception vs Stealth: 33,29,27,27 vs 45,22,11
Sara and Thelia are spotted!
Orcs fire! 38,38,35,23 all miss!

Status
Sara Hp: 55, Pp: 55, Ep: 84/90, Status = Fine,
Thelia Hp: 60, Pp: 40, Ep: 40, Status = Fine Psychic shield(Sara) +9Dodge +9 armor +9 Resistance and Grapple(defense only)
Aya Hp: 63, Pp: 46, Ep: 43, Status = Fine

Cresting the small spotting point Sara made her plan. It was a good plan a very good plan with just one exception. Sara was no good at hiding. As soon as she had gotten her spell on Thelia shots echoed up from the camp as well as gruff orc voices raising the alarm. "GODS DAMN IT!" Ducking down Thelia pulled Sara down with her for cover. Though as the shots seem to hit no where near where they stood. "I'm too out of range and where in the hell's did that succbitch go!" Indeed it seemed Aya had simply vanished into thin air. Neither herself or Thelia could spot her.

Last edited:

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara braced her back against the snowy hillside as the bullets pinged around them. "Well this certainly could have worked better!" She shouted to Thelia. As she hunkered down, she decided that it was prudent to shield herself, so she conjured up a psychic shield to protect herself.

As she conjured her shield, she added, "Don't worry, Aya's got some trick up her sleeve, I'm sure. In the meantime,if we drag the orcs further from the cages, then I could use stronger powers against them without having to worry about collateral damage!"

x=6 upkeep= 3
The character gets +3X bonus to Dodge, AV, Resistance to resist hostile effects and Grapple. Armor granted by this power cannot be ignored

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Status
Sara Hp: 55, Pp: 55, Ep: 78/90, Status = Psychic shield (Sara) Fine, +18 Dodge +18 armor +18 Resistance and Grapple(defense only) upkeep 3
Thelia Hp: 60, Pp: 40, Ep: 40, Status = Fine Psychic shield(Sara) +9Dodge +9 armor +9 Resistance and Grapple(defense only)

Thelia looked over at Sara and gritted her teeth. "You seriously want us to wait her for them to come up closer?!" Her voice was cut short however as several drifts of snow fell on her from the shots hitting the hill. "Gods Dammit" Still the amount of fire seemed to be in excess of what was needed. No doubt they where trying to keep the both of them pinned down. Meanwhile as they waited Sara caught a glimpse of red hair barely picking out of the snow. The figure moved quietly in cover clearly flanking the orcs that had opened fire on them.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At Thelia's distress Sara cheekily added, "Well you did say they weren't close enough!" She ducked down as more bullets blasted in around them. As she ducked down behind the hill, it occurred to her that the orcs were likely trying to keep them pinned down so that some of them could flank around and take them out. With that in mind, she turned back to Thelia. "Hey keep your eyes open, I think they're going to try to flank us. I can see Aya moving in on them and I'll keep their eyes on us, you just make sure no one gets the jump on us!"

After giving direction to Thelia, Sara crawled back towards the crest of the hill before leaning up to get eyes on the orcs and blasting the closest one with a burst of energy from the sun and then ducking back down behind the hill. As she ducked down, she tried to note where the greatest concentration of orcs was for when she made her next attack.

starbeam: character pays 7 EP
They deal (1d10+3) * 7 damage to one target creature

targeting closest orc
Aptitudes: Harmful Spirit: Minimum damage of power is set to half the max roll of dice.

d20+80

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Status
Sara Hp: 55, Pp: 55, Ep: 68/90, Status = Psychic shield (Sara) Fine, +18 Dodge +18 armor +18 Resistance and Grapple(defense only) upkeep 3

Rolls
Orcs still hopelessly out of range all miss
Sera uses star magic whoo! auto hit dealing 56 damage (you did get a min roll but your aptitude bumped it up.)

Peaking over the ridge Sera spotted half the orcs from before still firing on her position while two remained with the prisoners. It seems they were also slowly gaining ground. Blasting one with her celestial powers she heard it scream before ducking down not witnessing the following gore as not only did she incinerate the poor orc but caused his ammo to explode adding more insult to instant death. Still that left four orcs in the wind. Nor did she see Aya in the mess.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As Sara ducked back down she called out to Thelia, "I've lost track of six of them! They're definitely flanking us, we'll have to move soon! Keep your eyes peeled and tell me when you see them!"

She decided to chance one more attack at the group approaching from the front and focused her power into some black devil's lightning. She leaned up and aimed for the tightest grouping of orcs and let the lightning fly before ducking back down with Thelia and getting ready to move.

attack:
Devil's lightning x=7
-All creatures within 5 feet of a 100 foot line take (1d8 + 4) * X Electricity damage

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls!
Sera attacks auto hit 42 damage Sera kills 1 orc
Thelia opens fire! 4 shots!
55,67,70,70 all hit! 25,26,30,31 two orcs die
FO 1 Dead
FO 2 Dead
FO 3 attacks Thelia! fires and misses 37 vs 54!
FO 4 attacks Thelia! charges in with a club 33 vs 54 miss!
OG 1 Dead
OG 2 Dead
OG 3 attacks Sera! 25 miss
OG 4 attacks Sera! 26 miss
OG 5 attacks Sera! 29 miss

Status
Sara Hp: 55, Pp: 55, Ep: 58/90, Status = Psychic shield (Sara) Fine, +18 Dodge +18 armor +18 Resistance and Grapple(defense only) upkeep 3

Cresting the hill once more Sera let loose an electrical attack frying one of the orcs to a crisp before ducking back down as the shots buried themselves into the snow. It was hard to imagine why Thelia was so worried about these guys they didn't seem to dangerous. Just then she saw Thelia move out quickly leveling her pistols before letting off a series of shots. Turning her head she saw two orcs go down their crimson blood splattering the snow as another fired missing Thelia and yet another charged tying the woman down in melee.