Steel Sky (Adelle/Mind Flayer)

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Adelle couldn't really get to help the new girl as Rose was quicker on the reaction, scooping Hotaru off her feet as they went inside. There, the large girl dropped her off onto a chair at the table before stepping outside herself, leaving the door open so she could hear the discussion. Adelle had free reign in the kitchen, but the heating of food would require some firewood as the stove and oven were wood-powered and not electric. Thankfully there was a box of ready-made wood in the kitchen corner.

"I might not look it, yes. But I have been here for more time than necessary. I was born in the year 701 if the western calendar system is used." Hotaru would reveal her actual birth year, and as Adelle herself knew the current year was 2312, she really had someone who could be called ancient in her care. If there was any truth to this, it would mean this girl was a good ways into her second millenia of existence by now. "There were some events in 714, and... That's when my aging nearly stopped..."

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"W-Wait... so you mean you've been around for over fifteen hundred years? I-It's the year twenty three twelve now. How did your aging just stop like that?" Adelle asked with an almost incredulous look on her face as she got the firewood burning to cook some food for them all, while Rose stood just outside the front door.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Like I said before it's a long story no matter how you look at it. But I can go over the basic stuff." Hotaru would admit, but nonetheless would break out in a small story. "Back in 701, in early times of Japan's history, a girl child was born to the head of the Fujiwara clan, Fuhito, and his wife. This child was headstrong and kinda stubborn, but nonetheless loved her father very much. After the death of his wife, Fuhito sought out the hand of a princess of legendary, otherwordly beauty. This princess, however, was fully aware of her desirability and played numerous suitors for fools with her so-called impossible requests to find some mythical artefacts in order to gain her hand in marriage. Fuhito of course too, fell for this, and tried to use the financial power of the clan to find these items. In the end, he could not get them, yet he tried to win the princess over with forgeries he had some artesans make, so smitten was he with this princess. Once the time came to present the items, the princess saw through the ruse and publicly humiliated Fuhito so badly that he lost nearly all credibility and honor he had as a noble and a leader of the clan. The clan started to go downhill shortly afterwards, and Fuhito was removed from his position, his house and possessions forfeit. With the dire straits the house was in, the daughter sought to get revenge on this princess, but was not sure how. But words of her father's supposed items of legend being confiscated reached her ears, and it was revealed that one of the items, the Elixir of Hourai, was the genuine thing. This item was not meant for human use though, and a man named Iwakasa was sent out to dispose of it in the fires of the great Fuji mountain. Surely this potion would help the daughter in her foolish quest to get back at the princess. Going out on her own, she stalked Iwakasa, attacking and slaying him with a sword when he refused to hand the potion of the gods to her. Then, with trembling hands, she unplugged the bottle and drank the golden elixir from within it. This would be the turning point of her life, and the biggest mistake she would ever make. This elixir truly was a divine concoction, and would endow her with the longevity, if not the power, of the divines. Her body engulfed in brilliant light, the daughter faded away, thinking it was her time to move on." she would go through the first part of the story, gripping the haft of the shovel tightly as she recalled the past.

"But... Eventually she came back to her senses, in a some unknown farmer's home... Feeling stronger and more vital than ever. This farmer would end up being her companion for years to come, the way back home now barred. The young farmer and the Fujiwara daughter would bond and live together, working the field, living the simple happy life near the farmer's village. They would see the joys and sorrows of life in the common man's existence, and the daughter would gain valuable vision into a world she had been unaware of previously. Among all of this, one thing raised questions in the man's mind. He had grown older, he was now a man in his 30s. But... the daughter was still the same as she had been before. The two went on like this nonetheless, the farmer making sure that the few suspicious villagers did not get out of line in the face of his life partner.

The two lived their lives, the man eventually reaching his 40s. The daughter... was still the same as she had been 25 years ago.

The farmer turned 50. The daughter was still the same.

Eventually... time claims it's own.

The daughter was still the same as she had been over 60 years ago when the two of then met.

One early spring morning, she dug a grave and buried the man she had loved like she had her father in the past. But even in this somber moment, she could hear them.

The voices of the villagers, calling to her.

Demon child...

Witch...

Evil spirit...

They called her many hurtful things at her moment of weakness. But there was likely a seed of truth in their words. The man had grown up, lived and died with her, and yet she was still the same after all that time...

So, seeing that she was no longer welcome, the estranged daughter of the Fujiwara picked up what little she had and turned away from the village." she would go on, stopping for a bit and let Adelle and Rose take it all in as the memories seemed to be flooding back to her mind. And it clearly did not seem to be the most pleasant of things to recall.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle listened to Hotaru's story quietly, and as it went on, Adelle's eyes teared up a bit more, especially near the end, where tears leaked down her face and dripped down to the floor. "T-That's so sad. How could they treat someone like that? I... I could never do a thing like that. Especially if the daughter and the man loved each other and it was clear they truly did," Adelle replied softly with a sniffle or two when Hotaru was done, diligently working on the meal and soon serving it after a couple of more minutes as she sat down with Hotaru after setting the food on the table. "S-So the girl was you then, clearly. W-What did you do after that?" Adelle said softly, looking over at Hotaru with a kind smile on her face, but not pressuring her if she didn't want to talk about it any.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"The daughter, having learned her lesson, opted to keep out from any long-term contact with people, just to avoid further trouble. So, she would wander the country, seeing and doing things. Yet, occasionally the call of companionship would call, and she would find some other people, usually similar outcasts, to live around with. Us humans are a social beast, and feel the need eventually. Yet, the daughter would outlive all of her partners in that long line of time, the only real item in her possession being the thing she would send them all off with, the hardworking shovel. During the long time, she would also end up brute-force studying the basics of magic, finding some skill in the field of pyromancy or fire magic. As the world went on, she would follow from the sidelines of mortality, coming to terms and testing the limits of her cursed, undying body. Nothing she did would ever make the death happen, she could get ground to paste and would still come back to a fully-functioning body within a day. Sometimes she would spend years in severe states of despair and depression, doing absolutely nothing for long stretches of time.

Once Japan opened contact with the outside world, she left, wandering ever forward to most places one could go into. She was by all means eternal after all, and had no shortage of time or ability to limit this endeavor. Traveling the globe by foot or by vehicle, she saw and did many things, including the old world wars of history. But there was soon an event, the third one of these wars that made her think that the time of the human was closing out. With the various superpowers unleashing their stocks of mass destruction weapons, she was thinking that she would be soon walking the planet alone in a radiated hellscape devoid of most life. So that's when she retreated to this cave down here, waiting out the war's end." the girl from the past would mostly skim past the most later detail, probably having more than enough to tell yet wanting to keep it to a manageable story for now.

"Since the day I made the mistake, I have only barely developed bodily to this current form, I was a little more child back when it happened. The only real development is the hair, had a shorter black one back then. Now I have this white mass."

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Aye, you aren't wrong about that. If we're alone, we humans tend to just get depressed and lonely to the point that we go out and actively seek companionship, from all I've ever heard doctors talk about it anyway," Adelle said with a nod about the first part Hotaru spoke of, and sighing softly after the girl had finished. "And well... I'm glad we found you, so that you didn't have to stay here all alone. The great world war that nearly ended humanity didn't thankfully, and we're trying to rebuild and recover what was once lost, or at least some of us are anyway. Also... if you'd like, I'm sure I could find some scissors in here somewhere that I could trim your hair up some with, make it more manageable and easy to move around and stuff, if you'd like. I'm no true hair stylist or anything, but I did used to trim my little sisters hair and stuff for them all the time before I left home to see the world and try and make something of myself," she went on to say cheerfully to Hotaru, trying to coax a smile out of the girl with her usual cheerful demeanor.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"I think I'll pass, this hair is a part of what I am now. But it would probably do with a good wash and what have you. Some hard combing maybe." Hotaru would comment, not really changing much in demeanor as she was still mostly hanging her head down and looking at her shovel as she shed some lingering dust. That thing seemed to be more than a simple tool to her, but was still obviously a tool in hard use despite this. She would go on to assume a look of focus, and actually created a flame in her other hand out of nowhere after a while. The talk about her having knowledge of pyromancy was not apparently a lie.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Ah, well at least let me trim the split ends and stuff for you, make it nicer and neater and stuff after we get you washed up. And whoa, my friend Rachaela would like to meet you. She seems to like almost anyone that knows how to use magic like her," Adelle said as they finished eating.

When they finished with their meal, Adelle would take Hotaru to the bathroom, with Rose's help if she couldn't manage it herself, where she'd get started helping Hotaru get herself cleaned up. "I don't really have any other clothes for you unfortunately. We weren't expecting to find someone else here to be honest. But I'm sure I can figure something out. I should probably get myself a bath or shower in too while I'm at it," Adelle said in a cheerful tone as she poked her head out of the bathroom to look for Rose. "Hey Rose, hon... you wanna get cleaned up too? Come on in and I'll help both of you get cleaned up and stuff," she then called out to Rose as the busty young huntress started pulling her own clothing off, revealing her more than ample chest to Hotaru.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
For what little she ate, Hotaru seemed to be content with. She would explain it with just needing to eat enough to drive off the hunger and the cramps that came from long periods of no food. Thankfully she could part with the shovel for the time they would clean up, at least.

Going to the only door in the cottage, Adelle found that there was something that resembled a bathroom in there, mostly just being separate room with a drain in the tile floor and a large water tank with some worn but nonetheless clean buckets laying around it. It looked like it was the most basic of showers one could get outside of going standing under a waterfall. Calling Rose in there would end up with some cramped conditions as the tank already ate a good portion of the room. Hotaru would peel herself out of her clothes, the partially-sleeved shirt joining the large pants and the rest of the items as soon as possible, after being given a good dusting by the owner. Underneath the main, visible set of clothes, she was wearing cotton bandages for underwear, a thing that was all too common back in Japan according to her. For all her age, this girl was rather small in most aspects of the body, and yet was more youthful than Adelle herself even with the passing of years. Seeing Adelle get naked, she could only mumble something about people and what they were eating these days.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle sighed softly as she took her clothes off and got naked, seeming to be not incredibly bashful since it was just girls, though she did blush ever so slightly at Hotaru's mumbled words when she got her clothes off. "Alright you two... I'll help you both get cleaned up, Rose since I know it's tough for you without cutting yourself, and Hotaru since I'm sure you could use the help with your hair being so long and all. I don't mind. Just let me get my hairbrush first though, as I'm sure I'll need it for Hotaru. Also... Hotaru, are you sure you don't want me to trim your hair a little bit, make it a bit more manageable? I just wanna make sure is all," Adelle said to the two as she helped Rose get her clothes off and began helping the larger girl get her bath taken care of before helping Hotaru out some as well, though Hotaru likely only needed help with her hair since she didn't have giant claw like blades on her fingers that could cut her.

Once she had helped both of the others out as much as they needed, Adelle would get her own bath taken before helping Rose and then Hotaru brush their hair out, the latter taking much longer than Rose's most definitely since Hotaru had much much more hair. Hopefully everything would get done though, and once it was, Adelle would get herself dried up and some fresh clean clothing on before finding something in her spare clothes for Hotaru to wear before she'd clean all of the dirty clothing up, Hotaru's included, and set them out to dry before seeing how much time they had left in the day, hoping she could search some more for the flowers.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Well if you insist. Just the tips."

Getting out of the "shower", the girls set themselves back into the main area. Hotaru would get her underwear back as they dried out quick enough, grabbing one of Adelle's spare t-shirts to wear. The thing was large enough for her to use and almost looked like it would be a dress on her. The look outside indicated that the day was not through quite yet, being in the afternoon still.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Of course Hotaru, I won't go any further than you'd like. And since it's so long, I can even measure how much to show you without any trouble at all," Adelle replied with a smile as she measured off just a few inches from the tips, about three to four inches. "This good? Or you want a bit more or less?" Adelle asked as she measured off three to four inches on Hotaru's hair and showed her with one hand, while the scissors were in the other, ready to clip the hair when Hotaru gave her the go ahead, and Adelle would go all the way around Hotaru's hair clipping the tips evenly across for the girl happily, making sure to gather it all up afterwards to do away with it unless Hotaru wanted to keep it for whatever reason.

Once she had Hotaru's hair clipped for her, Adelle would get herself dried off and head out to look around the area the cabin was in, searching for the flowers they were there to find in the first place, and hoping that she could indeed find some of them to collect for Rizzet, mostly so she could spend the rest of the day and possibly the next exploring this forested area some more, because it was rather beautiful to say the least.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Hotaru did not feel the need to shorten her hair more than necessary, and did not seem to be too keen on keeping any of the remains, so Adelle could dump the hair where she wanted to. As she went back to re-ponytailing the long hair into it's separate parts with all the various ribbons, the busty girl headed out to the nearby areas to see what was up. Rose would trail behind her, having redressed herself as well. Hotaru had likely opted to stay behind.

For the most of the area, there was little to be found, the same daisies being prevalent farther out as well as near the house. The trees too were not all that different, the evergreen pines being dominant but not completely overtaking the leafy trees. But a little distance away was something of interest, an overgrown pond about 200 feet across. It was not obviously connected to any other water sources, so it was not easy to tell how it had formed into the middle of the forest. The surface of the water was heavily littered with different plant growth, and this made it hard to tell if anything was living in there besides the plants. Of the red flower, there were no signs of, much to Adelle's disappointment.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle would smile happily as she cheerfully and dutifully trimmed Hotaru's hair as much as the girl wanted, making sure to brush it out a bit more to get any loose strands of hair brushed clean out, where she'd let Hotaru get the ponytails fixed up while she disposed of the hair, putting it simply in the garbage for the time being. When she and Rose exited the house, Adelle looked around until she spotted the small pond that was rather out of place it seemed, but it was quite pretty to say the least, so she headed over to it to investigate after not really spotting any of the flowers she and Rose were searching for. "Well, might as well enjoy the view some and maybe find something in the water perhaps," Adelle suggested and checked closer to see if the pond was stagnant or if it was actually clean, where she'd slip her socks and boots off to test the waters with her toes before gently brushing some of the plant life on the water's surface out of the way to see if the water was clear enough to see deeper down, thinking potentially that the flowers may be at the bottom of the pond, if she was lucky.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The water was not too stagnant on the edges, but went murky only a little ways off from the shoreline. The disturbance on the surface of the water looked like it was a wake-up call to something out there though, a sudden gathering of bubbles happening a little distance off from them. And then it was there again, a little closer. But then, it seemed to go away as there was no more.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle looked at the water suspiciously and hopped out quickly, looking at near where the bubbles had been as she looked around for a small stone of any kind near her position at the shoreline, which she then tossed into the water as near to the bubbles as she could. "Rose... you see that in the water?" Adelle asked curiously as she stood there as her stone landed in the water with a ker-plunk.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Looks like something's there..."

The rock landed as near as Adelle could make it go, though the initial landing did not seem to do anything. But a quick moment later, an emergence happened as a rather large turtle head and shell rose to the surface near the shore. The shell was patterned with diamond-shaped pyramid bumps on it's surface, and the head was mostly made up of a large, savage-looking beak that would likely maul and tear everything it managed to catch into nice bits for the turtle to eat. The rock was now resting on the thing's shell, the protrusions holding it there unless the turtle turned upside-down or whatever. It was a really big turtle, larger than the average dog easy, and it did seem to be eyeing them.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle looked with wonder out at the turtle thing when it surfaced in the water. "Wow... glad I wasn't still in there. That thing might have ripped one of my arms or legs off," Adelle said, but she was looking out at the thing with curiosity on her face. "W-Whoa there big guy. I don't want any trouble. Just... you know... just exploring is all," Adelle told the turtle, even though it couldn't understand her really as she backed away from it and got her socks and shoes back on and continued on her way with Rose for now.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The turtle, not really being the talkative sort as it was an animal, slipped back under the surface of the water as that was where it lived and did not seem to be interested in giving chase on land where the two possible prey items would have an advantage on it. With that, the pair could leave the pond be as it seemed to be the realm of this huge turtle.

Within a safe distance of their current base camp of sorts, there was really little to be found besides the blooming bounty of an untouched forest. They could finally spot and hear some other animals, hearing birds and even seeing a squirrel go about in it's nutty ways. It all seemed so wonderfully curious to Rose, who had never seen or heard about it all.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Whew... that's good that he didn't want to keep attacking," Adelle muttered softly about the turtle as she and Rose continued their search, with Adelle smiling at Rose's curiosity as they explored the surrounding area.

"Is there anything you'd like to check out Rose? I wouldn't mind going with you anywhere you'd like to see," Adelle asked her friend as she started seeing signs of wildlife around them.