Steel Sky (Adelle/Mind Flayer)

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The fight behind the rock did not seem to go long, a few gunshots coming out before there was the sound of running. That ended up being completely covered by a loud boom and the following hum that was not quite that loud but was a constant noise, the screams cutting out just as quickly as they had started. Even from behind the rock, Adelle could see that the area behind there was completely lit up by something, what little she could see making it out to be a massive energy beam going in the direction of the bandit group.

But soon it was over, the humming going away, the light dying down, no sound coming from anything. It was the most ominous silence the busty girl had ever heard, and she was kinda there in the middle of it, hiding behind the rock that seemed to be the best rock in the world for the moment.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle stayed there against Rose and clung to her with a frightened look, while the fighting went on around the rock. She heard the screams again, just like in the whorehouse before when Priscilla attacked it. It was all over rather quickly though, and Adelle gulped softly as she noticed the glowing of something from their cover, but was too frightened to look around at what it was. By the time it died down and was completely over, she was shivering in terror almost, but she took a chance to peek out and see the devastation that must be the forest now, hoping that she and Rose weren't next.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Peeking over the rock showed a fairly unchanged scene, which was maybe surprising. The woman was standing there by herself, opening up her parasol from it's previous closed position. Aside from the one bandit that had been crushed with the parasol, there were no signs of the group until Adelle noticed some scattered greyish dust piles that were soon being blown away in the rising breeze. As massive as the stream of energy had apparently been, it had not done anything to the nearby wilderness, the forest looking like it was before.

Not bothering with wiping the blood on her shirt and cheek, the woman set her parasol into a shading position over her head. Casting a brief look at the rock the two were hiding behind, she would turn around and start to walk away, in no hurry, towards the central hill and the solitary tree there. The surroundings were still deathly quiet, only the sound of her footsteps audible with the slight breeze.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"U-Um... t-that's one scary woman," Adelle murmured to Rose, gulping and pulling back around the rock when the scary chick glanced her way.

She peeked back around though, and her compassion won out as she crept out towards the girl. "A-Are you okay?" she asked the girl fearfully, afraid to get close, but genuinely worried about the other girl.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Even when Adelle called out to them, the woman seemed to have little interest in her or Rose, no answer coming their way as she moved away from the scene in her calm pace of walk.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"W-Well then, I guess... that she'll be okay after a while then? H-Hey! A-Are you okay?!!" Adelle muttered before calling out again to her, shifting around to get, not directly in front of her, but around in front a bit so she could see Adelle.

However if she didn't respond any, then Adelle would gulp and return Rose, offering to help her back up to her feet if Rose hadn't gotten up already herself.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The repeat was as ineffective as the initial attempt at contact had been, even when visual was established between the two parties. The woman surely saw Adelle there, but did not seem to be interested in her. So, back to Rose it was, who was not looking any worse for wear and had risen up earlier already as the busty girl had made her approach. She had been looking out for her, from a distance.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Approaching Rose once more, Adelle sighed and looked up at her with a soft smile, glancing back at the other girl as she walked away. "Think she'll be alright? And speaking of which, are You alright? No bullets hit you or anything did they?" Adelle asked, shifting around Rose a bit before the tall girl answered, to check her out and make sure with her own eyes, one hand gently running across the small of Rose's back as she investigated her larger companion to make sure she was alright.

Once she was certain Rose hadn't been hit by any bullets, Adelle sighed with relief and looked up at her. "Well... might as well check this area out some for those flowers I guess... maybe. And maybe see what we can scavenge from those bandits, if anything's left that is," Adelle said glancing around to where the bandits had been, and curious if they'd left vehicles and the like at the forest edge, which she kind of wanted to check out.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Somehow... I think she was just surprised by that kind of treatment... With how easily she ended things." were Rose's thoughts on the matter that was this female, the lookout on her showing rather conclusively that there was nothing wrong with her, even with the tiny size of the cover they had been using.

The location of the bandits was not really of use to them anymore, only having that one guy split in two, the rest of them having been scattered to the wind. They had their vehicles on the eastern edge of the field, though there were already some curious souls messing around with them. A trio of lightly-dressed humanoids, elves by the look of their long pointy ears.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle couldn't help but feel... curious at the elven looking humanoids at the vehicles, and decided to investigate, glancing at Rose for a moment as she decided to head in the direction of said humanoids. "I hope she's alright. She's scary as hell, but I'd never wish harm on her," Adelle told Rose softly as she headed over.

"H-Hey...! Hello? Um... w-who are you three?" Adelle called out to the trio in a non threatening manner, hoping to not scare them, or anger them.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The elves at least were not immediately hostile, and one of them would step up to meet the coming pair. The older man of two male elves, he seemed to not be too wary of the two coming towards them. "Just some locals. The more important question would be who you people are and how you are still alive after that outburst."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Oh, I didn't think there were any locals around here to be honest. I'm Adelle, and this is my friend Rose. We came out here for an old wizard named Rizzet, to investigate the rumors that a forest was blooming once again on Earth. I've never really seen a forest before, to be honest. So I'm really glad I got the chance to come out here really," Adelle replied with a smile, trying to be her usual cheerful self as she spoke.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"We haven't been here for long, only a few years, but are indeed the locals." the elf lead would reply, introcing himself as Telran. His clothing was green to match with the forest, and while not made of them, had very clear leaf patterns to be seen. Even by elf standards, he appeared to be in his late middle age, while the other two were young adults, one male and female wearing more sparse clothing in a very similar style. "I suppose you'd be done with that by know, and had no need to come this deep into the forest if it was just to see it." he would go on state his mind, not being one to miss out that it was the only reason the two were there.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Oh I see. That's kind of neat. I wasn't expecting anyone to actually be living out here. Maybe you can help us though. There's this flower he asked us to look for that he uses for some potions and rituals. I... hang on, I got the description of it that he wrote down for us right here..." Adelle replied, reaching into her bag and grabbing the paper that had that written down on it and whatnot, where she'd hand it to Telran. "He wanted as many as we could get him. But we haven't been able to find any just yet, unfortunately. If you know where we could find them it'd be a huge help," Adelle went on to say, looking a bit hopeful the elves could help them out.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"It's what most of us elves like. Some have gone off to live in the cities, but most still prefer nature, no matter the form. Finding this place in the state it is in was a blessing for the community." Telran would go on to explain, not really deviating from the tales of forest-dwelling elves that most would hear when the race was brought up in talks.

The group of elves would take a look at the picture as Telran looked at it, and it was like they knew it right away as it only took a few seconds for the nodding of heads to begin. "These grow on the riverbank on the other side of the mountain. You should find plenty of them there, but it will involve going up the mountain paths for some distance to get to them."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Really? So there's more of you out here? That's amazing. And oh thank you so much. I've been looking all over for these things. Didn't realize they'd be on the other side of the mountain though. Do you think we could get there and back in a single day?" Adelle replied excitedly that they knew the flowers, leaning over and actually hugging Telran unless he stopped her, before she'd waitfor his answer and prepare to head out with Rose up the mountain trails.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Of course there are. Not too many, but we are a presence in this world as we have always been." Telran would reply, a hint of pride towards his race being detectable in his words. "They are not the most common of flowers, certainly. Unless you lived in the Asian countries of old, where these originated from and were brought over by traders and flower fanciers. On foot the walk might take some time, so one would probably be required to take shelter from the night before the trip was all done."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Mmm, I see. Well, the wizard I mentioned gave us a magical cabin that we can summon, or conjure... just over that way there. I suppose we could pack it up and take it with us, but I'd hate to leave my bike here, since I doubt there's any good paths I could drive it on. Hmm... Rose, you think we should leave the cabin there, and maybe move my bike inside until we get back, then?" Adelle said, looking over to Rose, thinking it might be best to do just that.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"The forest is largely unsuitable for your human vehicles, yes. Or at least it would be a very bumpy and potentially damaging trip to your vehicle of choice. The gentlemen who just got vaporized back there probably did not enjoy their ride through the small part of the forest they did before... well you saw it all so I need not remind you." Telran would put some confirmation on Adelle's thoughts about riding the bike in the forest. It was probably best to avoid it, especially with Rose on the thing adding further weight and stress to the parts. "Seems like a... reasonable enough idea. But we need someone to look after it... The wizard did say that it would cube itself back if... nobody was in there. Maybe that girl Hotaru would... not mind looking after it for a day or two. She seemed... willing at least."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Mmm, yeah that's very likely. I do wonder if their vehicles are still usable. Can offer one to Hotaru maybe. And yeah Rose, I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully she won't mind. Let's head back and ask, I guess. But first, let's check and see if their vehicles are still where they left them," Adelle said with a nod to Telran, and then Rose, heading in the direction the thugs had come from, to see if their vehicles were still there, before heading back to check on Hotaru and talk to her about staying in the cabin for a couple of days.