Steel Sky (Adelle/Mind Flayer)

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Missing her shot on the retreating pole goblin, Adelle took out her still untouched alien gun, which was ready to go as it got a quick look with it's eye and saw that it was indeed the busty girl seeking to use it. While that was going on, Rose was getting further into trouble, but the attackers were not completely overrunning her as she was somewhat moving along with the circle to keep them from getting too much of an upper hand.

The gun secured itself on Adelle's arm as the tentacles inside the handle compartment wrapped around her wrist, the trigger following suit as it moved itself within reach of her finger. The eye on it was currently red and the pupil was long and thin, maybe indicating something. The pull of the trigger caused a faint sound of chemical reactions and a puff that sounded fairly similar to a surge of compressed air as a long, pointed shard of what looked like barbed bone or chitin was ejected from the other end at near bullet speed, a few drops of liquid following as it was ejected from the barrel. The sharp mini-harpoon flew true, hitting one of the trapping goblins in the neck with a sickening impact sound as he fell from his mount. A sizzle could be heard afterwards as well, a quick look revealing that the thing was probably coated in something caustic as the skin and flesh around the wound degenerated in a barely visible manner.

Even with the third one dead, the two were still going at it, getting Rose deeper into trouble as one switched direction and made it more difficult to avoid getting entangled, and she was hardly able to lift her killing claws at this point. The pole goblin had circled the situation, clearly having eyes on Adelle as he and his mount moved around the edge of the clearing.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Pulling her alien gun out, Adelle looked at the goblins with Rose, who was being tied more and more, and she took aim as the gun secured itself to her arm with little tentacles. "Whoa... alright buddy, let's do this," Adelle muttered to the tentacle gun, gently stroking a hand across it, as if petting it, as she took aim and launched a... whatever it was, at the goblins.

"Holy... shit. You had this much oomph in you buddy? Heh, yes... let's do this," Adelle chuckled with an amazed look on her face, and took aim at the goblin circling around for another pass on her, and fired at it with the new alien shot, in hopes of taking it down too, though if hitting that goblin looked too difficult, she'd aim at its mount first, then that goblin.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The direct charge from the goblin was looking rather predictable, and even with the less speedy projectile it was not hard in the least to hit them. After cranking on the meaty "bolt" on the side, Adelle could get another egg into the gun, where the quick conversion and ejection happened again when the trigger was pulled before the shard was deposited into the goblin's chest. They tried to pull off some type of last moment suicide leap off the wolf to get to the busty girl, who was ready for it and shoved the end of the barrel at them, the small spiky teeth of sorts in there dealing a final hit.

For Rose, it was starting to look grim. The goblins around her had gotten the upper hand, and she was more or less bound from the waist up. One of the two riders finished the sloppy but still effective enough job by bringing his mount in, both rider and wolf throwing themselves at the back of the large girl's feet to tackle her down to the ground. It would take some careful balancing for her to get back to her feet like that, so it was probably concerning for both of the ladies. Even then, the goblins were looking more conservative in their efforts, the lost members of the raid squad looking like it was affecting their morale and willingness to risk too many further casualties against the two.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Her next bolt slammed into the goblin charging at her, taking it out, and she put another egg in, just as the goblin leapt off the wolf at her, and trying to get a parting blow in. "G-Get... Off of me!" Adelle growled at the thing, and put another bolt through it before swinging her arm around and firing it at the wolf as she moved over to Rose.

Yanking her shortsword from its sheath, Adelle would try cutting the ropes tying Rose up, to free her, putting another bolt into any of the goblins or their mounts, that tried to stop her along the way.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Booking it towards Rose, Adelle was met with another rider charging out from the forest, one of the two who had bound Rose, now wielding a crude trucheon, closely followed by two others. The one at the head was beelining it towards the girl, while the two others had different ideas in mind.

Again, finding direct charges easy to deal with, Adelle introduced another goblin to a bone splinter, the latter catching it with their forehead. Stumbling to the ground, he was probably dead in mere seconds as the acid worked it's way around the inside of their head and brain. The two others in his wake had by this point grabbed the loose ends of the ropes on Rose and were turning around to retreat, hoping to have at least something to gain from the encounter as they pulled the large girl along with them.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Firing at the next charger, Adelle took him down, and rushed past his falling body, and shot at one of the ones pulling Rose along behind them in an attempt to stop them, and kept running after them, ducking and dodging any others coming her way, and doing her best to free Rose. "I will Not let you take my Rose from me. She's My friend, not your plaything," Adelle growled at the gobbos as she ran, and if she was able to stop them, she'd immediately move to cut the ropes off of Rose and help the big girl back to her feet, firing off another bolt or two from the alien gun thing, at any other goblins nearby.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Clearly having the blessing of Lady Luck or whatever dictated these things, Adelle hit her first running shot in a string of continuous good bull's eyes, hitting one goblin to the base of the skull where it met the spine. Instantly paralyzed, the attempt to get clear of the situation without lost lives ending there went out the window, and the remaining rider, not having enough wolfpower to drag the captured Rose out of there in any reasonable timeframe, abandoned the lost opportunity as he dropped his end of the rope and footed it outta there.

As the sounds of retreat could be heard in a few more directions, the situation quieted down. Now it was only Adelle and her gun, the tangled and slightly dragged Rose and the satyr who they had helped in the first place. And he was clearly liking what he saw happen, probably having some history aside from the trap with these goblins.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Ha! Get your asses outta here you little bastards! That's right, Run!" Adelle shouted at the retreating goblin, or goblins, before she squatted down and cut Rose free of the ropes. "Here hon, I gotcha. I promised you before that I'd never turn tail and run and leave you, and I meant it," Adelle told Rose, as she cut her free, giving Rose a light peck on the cheek with her lips.

"Now... I take it that's not the last we'll have seen of those things either. So let's be careful. And you, good sir that we helped. Maybe you can help us in turn. We're looking for a flower, a specific kind of flower," Adelle said, looking to the satyr and describing the flower they were looking for to him. "You know if there's any of them nearby? And if so, which direction?" she'd ask after describing the things to him, helping Rose up in the meantime, and helping to dust her off, as she put her alien gun back up for now.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Sorry... It's a bit hard... When they start holding my arms down..." Rose would maybe pointlessly apologize for being somewhat weak against binds like that. She was nonetheless back at her feet soon once the coils of rope released her from their hold.

"Yeah, we might still come across another raiding party or a scouting unit if we are unfortunate. These greenskins are widespread around here." the satyr would speak up, still not quite getting to his feet with his leg. "Of course, seen them on the streamside up the mountain. You'll need to take the common path up the mountainside to reach them."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"You don't need to apologize hon. Just glad you're okay," Adelle told Rose, giving her a little hug once she was back on her feet, before looking to the satyr and asking about the flowers.

"Hmm, can we reach it today, from where we're at right now? The more we can collect, the better," Adelle asked the satyr with a thoughtful look as she reloaded her pistol as well after sheathing her sword back up and making sure she was dusted off herself now.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Well, it's a ways off. And once you start climbing you'll go far slower as the path is rough at parts."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Mmm, that's unfortunate. Best get a move on then, I suppose. Would you like to accompany us? It's be nice to have someone that knows the terrain and can point us in the right direction and stuff, just in case we end up in goblin territory to the point that we almost use one of their caves for the night or something," Adelle said to the satyr with a smile, about to start heading with Rose in the direction the satyr had pointed them.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"With this leg? No, I won't be climbing around in while. But it would be nice to get to the safe glades again. I'm sure one of the others will be more than happy to help you to the right path."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Others? Well, hmm... I suppose we could make a detour. It would be nice to have a guide, at the very least," Adelle asked curiously. "You up for that, Rose? Being able to avoid those little goblins again would be good," she asked Rose, gesturing to the satyr to lead the way, if Rose was okay with that, and following him.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Of course I am not the only one of my kind around here." the satyr would put it directly. While at first it looked like Adelle was trying to make the injured goatman walk on his own, Rose was not going to look at that, silently scooping him up. "Where to...?" she would ask, getting the man to direct them. Somewhere amidst the instructions, he could be heard muttering that this was not how it went. He was supposed to be the one carrying the fair maidens, not the other way around.

After a while spent traveling, the group came to another clearing in the forest, one with a small, clear pond nearby. All the downed grass indicated that it was a site in common use, and there were indeed some users around in the form of two other satyrs, one looking slightly older than the one they were with and the other looked younger, having less impressive horns and lighter-colored fur than the two others. They were sitting around what looked like would be a bonfire soon, a stack of dead branches in a dug-out fire pit. The elderly one was first to notice, and could not apparently pass on the opportunity. "Oi Brag, that's not the way you are supposed to do it! Are you starting to lose your touch or did you already go hard into the drink?"

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Heh, sorry bout that. Wasn't considering that you wouldn't be able to really walk much at all yourself. My apologies," Adelle said, chuckling nervously as she spoke, and following his directions, making sure no more goblins were going to ambush them along the way.

When they arrived a while later, to where he was directing them, Adelle looked with wonder at the other two satyrs, having never seen one before today really. So seeing three at the same time was an amazing thing, she thought. "Hmhm, he was caught in a trap, presumably set by the goblins that literally ambushed us the moment we freed him," Adelle giggled at the older satyr as she helped Rose to set their companion, Brag apparently, down onto a log so she could check his leg better, and hopefully treat it with any luck, using what she had on her.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"So you were caught in a trap too? This will take a while for you to live down, you doof." the older satyr would go on to berate Brag, who was taking most of it in stride. After taking a look at the leg, he did not look too concerned. "Just clean and cover it up, Jalira will take care of any deeper damage tomorrow. You'll just have to sit tight tonight while the real men around here do the partying." he would go on, giving Brag a slap on the head before getting a bag from him. "At least you got the herbs. The meat master will like that."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Hmhm, well to be fair it was a pretty well hidden trap. But it's good his leg isn't too bad," Adelle chuckled softly and looked up at the sky to see about how much daylight they had left, and then back to Brag. "Say Brag. Do you think we could make it to where we need to go today, with the time we have left?" Adelle asked the satyr they'd saved, and if either of the other satyrs asked what the two needed, she'd explain about the flowers, and their desire to collect as many as they could get.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"If you left now? You'd make it to the foot of the mountain by evening, maybe make it a little ways up if you wanted to risk moving the mountain trail in the light of dusk." Brag did not mince his words, coming out with what was probably the truth about it. "If I were you, I'd stick around for the rest of the day. We are having a feast day here, you'd be welcomed to enjoy life with us."

The elder satyr would throw his lot in to this conversation as well. "Certainly! You two put your freedom or possibly lives on the line for that dingus there. That is worth a good guest seat in the evening. Junior there can take you to the mountainside come tomorrow." he would add, probably talking about the third member of the group, the young one.

And as they were going with the talks, three more goatmen could be seen entering the area, one carrying a skinned carcass of some animal, possibly a deer or boar. The two others were bringing along large casks of some sort of liquid, likely the drinks for the upcoming event.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Hmm... sure, I guess that's fair then. Sounds good to me anyway, and food is always nice. And thank you so much, any help getting up and back down the mountain would be a big help," Adelle said to the satyrs, shrugging and not seeming to mind staying there for the evening, since they were offering free food, and strength in numbers would mean they could sleep in peace without any real worries, since these satyrs seemed nice enough. "What do you say Rose? Free food, and we don't gotta worry about those little goblin bastards ganging up on us while we're here at least," Adelle asked Rose, and if Rose was okay with it, then she'd ask what she could do to help with the feast, and help out getting the carcass cooked up, though if they insisted that she need not help, then Adelle would sit near the fire and clean her pistol.